Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135245 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #1120 on: January 9, 2021, 04:18:27 pm »
Loathe, despise, hate, horrific, a prick etc etc...haha strong stuff for a local player who despite his limitations gave his all.

Those sort of words should be reserved for the dangerous lunatics of this world, but for an ex Red you don't happen agree with.

I've met him a few times through his brilliant foundation, helped me promote my Hillsborough book, and has done loads for local good causes. Sound, down to Earth scouser, who was fuckin made up with our recent success believe me!

Mind you, he didn't see eye to eye with Rafa on a couple of occasions, so like Murphy he committed a cardinal, unforgivable sin in the eyes of some fans.

He's just a footy pundit now, not a fuckin rapist or something, chill out, if you don't like him fine, but some of the stuff on here is a bit ott!

Just thought I'd offer a different opinion like, but fire away if you must!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1121 on: January 9, 2021, 04:49:56 pm »
I agree with you wholeheartedly Mike.

You can dislike him as a pundit, but some of the takes on here are ludicrous

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: January 9, 2021, 05:25:45 pm »
Loved him as a player and have stood up for him as a pundit, but his analysis of the penalty claim on Mane in the recent Southampton match was appalling. Claiming it wasn't a penalty "because Walker Peters planted his foot" was possibly the worst bit of analysis I have ever heard. He'll have to do a lot to come back from that for me.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1123 on: January 9, 2021, 10:01:25 pm »
Loathe, despise, hate, horrific, a prick etc etc...haha strong stuff for a local player who despite his limitations gave his all.

Those sort of words should be reserved for the dangerous lunatics of this world, but for an ex Red you don't happen agree with.

I've met him a few times through his brilliant foundation, helped me promote my Hillsborough book, and has done loads for local good causes. Sound, down to Earth scouser, who was fuckin made up with our recent success believe me!

Mind you, he didn't see eye to eye with Rafa on a couple of occasions, so like Murphy he committed a cardinal, unforgivable sin in the eyes of some fans.

He's just a footy pundit now, not a fuckin rapist or something, chill out, if you don't like him fine, but some of the stuff on here is a bit ott!

Some people take things a little bit too serious, I almost think some of our fans have a prejudice against local-ish players, I mean Suarez can do all the bad in the world and people would still love him, strange.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: January 9, 2021, 10:14:15 pm »
Some people take things a little bit too serious, I almost think some of our fans have a prejudice against local-ish players, I mean Suarez can do all the bad in the world and people would still love him, strange.

Yeah it has nothing to do with his constant slagging us off or his part in pushing Rafa out just because he wanted that last big contract.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1125 on: January 9, 2021, 10:58:05 pm »

You obviously weren't at the 4-0  🤣

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1126 on: January 10, 2021, 10:45:05 am »
Some people take things a little bit too serious, I almost think some of our fanshttps://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/Themes/rawkv3/images/bbc/unformat.gif have a prejudice against local-ish players, I mean Suarez can do all the bad in the world and people would still love him, strange.

Suarez is a prick and booed mercilessly on his return to Anfield. When he was in a red shirt he was at least our prick.

Carragher long outstayed his welcome as a player and quite nefariously so in some ways, but at least gave his all on the pitch and always fondly remembered for Istanbul.

A pain in the arse as a pundit, constantly slags us, when we really need a friendly voice in the media at the moment. Part of it is his own fault for spitting at a fan, leaving him on thin ice after nearly losing a 7 figure salary. On the other hand his community work is very good. He's a complicated character, but he's not one of us. He's still got that horrible Evertonian mindset in him.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1127 on: January 10, 2021, 10:49:49 am »
It’s a bit like having a work colleague on your level who you really get on with, and then they sell you out for a better job, and then move to a different department and keep slagging you off to his new mates but tries to be matey with you at the Christmas party.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1128 on: January 10, 2021, 01:00:50 pm »
He's jealous of this current Team...

He was a great servant, but in my opinion we were never going to win the league with him in the starting lineup.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1129 on: January 10, 2021, 01:19:17 pm »
He's jealous of this current Team...

He was a great servant, but in my opinion we were never going to win the league with him in the starting lineup.

Your opinion is wrong.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1130 on: January 10, 2021, 02:43:10 pm »
Your opinion is wrong.

Well, that's your opinion.

For me the only centre back's we've had in the PL era ( outside our current options) that were good enough for a title challenge are:

Hyppia
Henchoz
Babbel  ( when he played in that position )
Lovren.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1131 on: January 10, 2021, 02:45:10 pm »

Well, that's your opinion.

For me the only centre back's we've had in the PL era ( outside our current options) that were good enough for a title challenge are:

Hyppia
Henchoz
Babbel  ( when he played in that position )
Lovren.

But we literally had a title challenge with Carragher at the back and he was far from being the reason we didn't win it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1132 on: January 10, 2021, 02:54:39 pm »
But we literally had a title challenge with Carragher at the back and he was far from being the reason we didn't win it.

That's were our opinion probably differ again? For me the the first time we had a genuine title challenge in the PL era was with Rodger's in 2013/14...  that was without Carra.

But you are right,  not challenging for a title was not down to Carragher alone. 

Offline PeterC10

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1133 on: January 10, 2021, 02:59:49 pm »
That's were our opinion probably differ again? For me the the first time we had a genuine title challenge in the PL era was with Rodger's in 2013/14...  that was without Carra.

But you are right,  not challenging for a title was not down to Carragher alone.

We got more points in the 08/09 season under Rafa where Carragher played every game, and have only surpassed that total after Klopp arrived. We lost the title that season due to a load of frustrating home draws against the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Fulham etc.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1134 on: January 10, 2021, 03:00:36 pm »
Lols at Henchoz and Lovren

Offline Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1135 on: January 10, 2021, 03:14:46 pm »
Lols at Henchoz and Lovren

Henchoz and Hyppia was one of the best centre back pairings we've had in the last 30 years. 

Lovren played a major part in 2 real title challenges, for us...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:20:55 pm by Tuco Ramírez »

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #1136 on: January 10, 2021, 04:23:41 pm »
The fact that Carragher was far from an ideal Rafa Benitez player but was a stalwart player in his team for a good 5-6 seasons speaks volumes of his ability (and yes, a bit about our ownership at the time).

A fine defender, not world class but one of our better players during that era. I hate him on commentary, and not fond of him as a person after the spitting incident, but he was a great servant for our club.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: January 10, 2021, 04:28:18 pm »

Apart from refusing to play right back in one of the games we lost.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: January 10, 2021, 04:29:49 pm »

I'm no fan of Carragher, and I do believe he's a bit bitter that we won it without him, but we had a title challenge in 08-09 too you know. That was pretty genuine as well, and he was in the side.  Let's be fair to him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: January 10, 2021, 04:33:59 pm »
We got more points in the 08/09 season under Rafa where Carragher played every game, and have only surpassed that total after Klopp arrived. We lost the title that season due to a load of frustrating home draws against the likes of Stoke, West Ham, Fulham etc.

Defenders who were better on the ball, who could get the ball forward quicker and see us defend higher up the pitch may have helped in those games break them down tbf, rather than always relying on Gerrard and Alonso.

The Robbie Keane signing being a disaster cost us that year and an alternative to Torres.

Offline PeterC10

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1140 on: January 10, 2021, 04:37:49 pm »
Defenders who were better on the ball, who could get the ball forward quicker and see us defend higher up the pitch may have helped in those games break them down tbf, rather than always relying on Gerrard and Alonso.

The Robbie Keane signing being a disaster cost us that year and an alternative to Torres.

Maybe, but even so our centre backs are pretty low down the list if you want look for reasons we didn't win the title. The biggest issue by far was not having Gerrard/Torres starting enough games together, and lack of squad depth. Like you said the Keane signing was an absolute disaster.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1141 on: January 10, 2021, 04:52:48 pm »

totally agree mike...an embarrassing thread, with posters now trying to outdo each other with how much they hate him...you'd think it was Jason Cundy or Danny fuckin Mills or some other c*nt who genuinely despises LFC and the city of Liverpool they were bleating endlessly on about....yeah he's a bit of a wind up merchant but so what? ..he's a sound, proud scouser, who has always walked the walk with the kids and community organisations in the area he grew up in..for that reason I really couldn't give two shites what he says on Sky...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: January 10, 2021, 05:18:08 pm »
His foundation has stepped in to provide £20,000 worth of sponsorships to Marine FC in their upcoming game against Tottenham, to cover the short fall after their previous sponsor pulled out.

https://www.reuters.com/article/soccer-england-facup/soccer-carragher-to-sponsor-eighth-tier-marine-against-spurs-in-fa-cup-idUKKBN2991QU

The utter c*nt!!

Why the hostility in this post?

This is one of the most embarrassing threads on the internet.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: January 10, 2021, 05:25:12 pm »
Why the hostility in this post?

This is one of the most embarrassing threads on the internet.
Come on, he was being sarcastic it's abundantly clear.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: January 10, 2021, 06:01:44 pm »
Suarez is a prick and booed mercilessly on his return to Anfield. When he was in a red shirt he was at least our prick.

Carragher long outstayed his welcome as a player and quite nefariously so in some ways, but at least gave his all on the pitch and always fondly remembered for Istanbul.

Yea Suarez was on the pitch annoying for fans of other clubs.

No idea where the he's a "prick" comes from, by all accounts a lovely guy in the rest of his life.

As for Carragher giving his all on the pitch - true, but there's hardly a better example in world football of a player giving his all on the pitch than Suarez.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "