Author Topic: Mamadou Sakho  (Read 7009 times)

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #40 on: November 5, 2020, 02:39:11 pm »
Cost him the chance to play in a home internatonal tournament as well, if I recall he was close to being in France's first XI at that time, definitely in the squad. Wouldn't be surprised if his head basically went after the ban and largely contributed to him titting about on that preseason tour. Don't recall any controversy around him outside of that month.

His injury problems since then have been such that even if he and Klopp had seen eye to eye, we sold him at the right time anyway

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: November 6, 2020, 05:38:00 am »
Doesn't give him his Europa League winners medal though does it, from the final it cost us, or the 80 million quid or whatever it cost Liverpool in lost CL revenue from losing that night without our best defender at the time and one of the players of the tournament that year.

It was bad enough losing Origi (when he really was bloody good) to another Everton hatchet man.

Yep.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #42 on: November 6, 2020, 10:28:33 am »
Cost him the chance to play in a home internatonal tournament as well, if I recall he was close to being in France's first XI at that time, definitely in the squad. Wouldn't be surprised if his head basically went after the ban and largely contributed to him titting about on that preseason tour. Don't recall any controversy around him outside of that month.

His injury problems since then have been such that even if he and Klopp had seen eye to eye, we sold him at the right time anyway
He had issues in his PSG days as well:
His attitude, a lack of discipline including poor dieting habits and fractious relationships with certain members of staff, particularly in the early days, put his future at the club in jeopardy a long time ago. Many of his coaches were unhappy with his unprofessional demeanour, peaking with a nasty altercation with a journalist regarding his social habits, and PSG actually almost got rid of him as a teenager. However, at that time Sakho focused enough on his football to stay, although he arguably never embraced being a true professional.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/name/93/post/1852629/headline

Great talent, but so unreliable.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2023, 09:27:03 pm »
https://twitter.com/eurofootcom/status/1717186815709384753

Sakho in danger of getting sack after fighting with his manager in the dressing room.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2023, 09:43:23 pm »
https://twitter.com/eurofootcom/status/1717186815709384753

Sakho in danger of getting sack after fighting with his manager in the dressing room.
Once an idiot.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2023, 10:03:20 pm »
Forgot he was still playing.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 2, 2023, 10:42:28 pm »
not in danger any more  :)

Mamadou Sakho leaves Montpellier after clash with manager Michel der Zakarian

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67304571

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 3, 2023, 06:26:56 am »
"I decline all responsibility."

LOL. I liked him for a while, but so glad Jurgen saw through him. Turnip.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #48 on: November 3, 2023, 08:29:06 am »
Leopards and spots and all that..
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #49 on: November 3, 2023, 09:18:33 am »
Whilst I’m sympathetic, let’s not rewrite history. Acting the twat on that summer’s preseason US tour and getting sent home by Jurgen is what effectively killed his Liverpool career. 
this really

His name hadnt been cleared and there was still a cloud hanging over him.

We stood by him and that tour he was acting the mag

From what I remember the flight over to the tour was delayed because he rocked up late to the airport, he was showing up to team meetings and meals late and a treatment session organised specifically for him was another black mark as he simply didnt bother showing up.

I recall early in the season he had some rant on social media about not playing.

People defended him then (not helped I suppose by Lovren being a bit all over the place) but in light of the above we stood by him over a difficult period (when he was banned) and he took the piss.

If you stood by someone in work and the first day back from a suspension, they rock up late, spend all day on the internet and dont bother attending meetings you would be kind of going "why did I defend him again?"

If they then put something on social media whinging you would just think they are an immature waster

I think he was a bit of a waster, if he knuckled down he had some enormous ability but he was inconsistent and injury prone.

There was a reason Klopp sold him, a reason Palace didnt renew his contract and probably a reason why PSG sold him.

Ultimately cost himself big time. He could have been part of a great French team and a great Liverpool team

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2023, 03:10:56 pm »
this really

His name hadnt been cleared and there was still a cloud hanging over him.

We stood by him and that tour he was acting the mag

From what I remember the flight over to the tour was delayed because he rocked up late to the airport, he was showing up to team meetings and meals late and a treatment session organised specifically for him was another black mark as he simply didnt bother showing up.

I recall early in the season he had some rant on social media about not playing.

People defended him then (not helped I suppose by Lovren being a bit all over the place) but in light of the above we stood by him over a difficult period (when he was banned) and he took the piss.

If you stood by someone in work and the first day back from a suspension, they rock up late, spend all day on the internet and dont bother attending meetings you would be kind of going "why did I defend him again?"

If they then put something on social media whinging you would just think they are an immature waster

I think he was a bit of a waster, if he knuckled down he had some enormous ability but he was inconsistent and injury prone.

There was a reason Klopp sold him, a reason Palace didnt renew his contract and probably a reason why PSG sold him.

Ultimately cost himself big time. He could have been part of a great French team and a great Liverpool team

Sadly, this is all pretty much bang on. And I say this as someone that really liked Mama and supported him. I enjoyed seeing him in a Liverpool shirt, and he’s probably a cool asf dude in real life, but a bit all over the place when it comes to being a top pro. Doesn’t make him a bad person though, but certainly unfulfilled potential. The game is littered with players like this, but at least he’s had a solid career, and I’m sure many “disciplined” players would swap their career at the drop of a hat for what Mama has achieved.

And going really deep into the rabbit hole, maybe that’s just how he is built and what he needs to be like to perform. I wonder if complete mavericks of football are only truly embraced at the top end of the pitch …
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2023, 06:33:20 pm »
"I decline all responsibility."

LOL. I liked him for a while, but so glad Jurgen saw through him. Turnip.

With an attitude like that, Everton should be in for him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2023, 10:19:27 am »
That was car crash footage from that USA tour when they gave him the Go-Pro at Alcatraz.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2023, 10:23:01 am »
That was car crash footage from that USA tour when they gave him the Go-Pro at Alcatraz.
back fired big time when he thought it would be funny to take the piss

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2023, 03:54:49 pm »
Fair enough, but at the same time, the club was promoting his GoPro stuff heavily on social media calling it hilarious. I'm not so sure it was the GoPro footage as much as the continual lateness.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2023, 08:06:58 pm »
Fair enough, but at the same time, the club was promoting his GoPro stuff heavily on social media calling it hilarious. I'm not so sure it was the GoPro footage as much as the continual lateness.

I think it was the other things like almost missing a flight, and late for meals/meetings that did it.

But with the GoPro stuff, yes it was club endorsed of course, but I sort of got the feeling that the social media team didn’t ‘read the room’ as it where, thinking that Jürgen Klopp would just find it funny, but he likely thought it was massively unprofessional.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2023, 08:28:04 pm »
Didn't some of the social media stuff get deleted after it came out about Sakho's behaviour or have I remembered that wrong? Like the social media team realised their cock-up.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2023, 08:18:29 am »
Didn't some of the social media stuff get deleted after it came out about Sakho's behaviour or have I remembered that wrong? Like the social media team realised their cock-up.
nope, there is still a 5 min clip on youtube from the official channel including the bit with Klopp

the lateness and a no show for a treatment session were alright, I think anyone else doing the video would be fine

He probably just came across to Klopp as a piss artist when he was messing

« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 08:29:08 am by paulrazor »

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2023, 03:34:15 pm »
What did he do with a Go-Pro in Alcatraz?! I must have missed that one....

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2023, 03:40:24 pm »
What did he do with a Go-Pro in Alcatraz?! I must have missed that one....

Haven't seen it but the video is still up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/baDGoOXhIoo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/baDGoOXhIoo</a>
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2023, 04:43:43 pm »
Haven't seen it but the video is still up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/baDGoOXhIoo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/baDGoOXhIoo</a>

Haven't watched it since back in the day. Worse than I remembered.  :o

Chock-full of David Brent awkwardness. Half the players wanted nowt to do with him. Studge didn't mess about, told him and the media team straight.