Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 266621 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #760 on: October 25, 2021, 10:30:32 am »
No team has a group of better centre backs than us.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: October 25, 2021, 10:32:20 am »
He was excellent yesterday but one thing I've noticed is that he tends to follow a player if they drift from central to out wide. Think he still needs to learn to 'pass him on' to one of the fullbacks so he can drop in again.

A couple of times he followed Ronaldo wide and we ended up with a gap at centre-half because nobody filled in for him. A better team would spot that and exploit the space. Maybe something Fabinho would be more likely to do when he's back.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: October 25, 2021, 10:33:40 am »
What I also noticed today was his heading control was exceptional.  This is something I've previously highlighted with VVD where he's able to direct headed balls towards our players even when he's being challenged by the opposition.

Noticed this too. It's a small, incremental improvement, isn't it? Our centre-halves can essentially start an attack by heading a clearance direct to one of our midfielders/attackers.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #763 on: October 25, 2021, 10:34:31 am »
More clean sheets at Old Trafford than Varane

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: October 25, 2021, 10:34:47 am »
Class and mature.

Saw from a few Instagram videos his tussle with Fernandes continued separately away from the camera for a while too. Loved how he came in and shoved him  ;D
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: October 25, 2021, 10:36:49 am »
In the Atletico game we seemed content letting Joao Felix hang out high and wide behind Trent assuming that Matip would get over or one of the CM's.  Obviously it didn't work as well as hoped so maybe Konate was the tactical answer?  I guess we'll see as the games go along.

Felix isn't as rapid as Rashford but I think it's probably a fair assessment. Plus Matip has played a LOT of games recently (for him). Ibou must be training well too for Klopp to choose him over Gomez too.
YNWA.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: October 25, 2021, 10:40:27 am »
anyone mentioned how in the melee after Ronaldo kicking Curtis, Fernandes the hard man goes and shoves VVD. Ibou rocks up and body checks Fernandes?

was just a little shove. wish he'd full on body-slammed him, the prick!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #767 on: October 25, 2021, 11:28:38 am »
Brilliant performance from Ibou, especially after not having a lot of minutes for this team.  Excellent tactical decision by Klopp to protect the right side with his pace, with Rashfords runs in behind something that has been an issue in the past. 

You can see why we waited for the right player last year, he’s going to be an absolute monster for the next 10 years.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: October 25, 2021, 11:55:05 am »
Only one issue for me was letting Ronaldo cut back inside for the disallowed goal (which took a worldie finish to beat Alisson). He can probably recover against most players there - but will have to remember that against top level forwards.

Otherwise - beast.

The tag team match of VVD and Ibou vs. Penaldo and Penandes was hilarious. Each was a head shorter than either of our players.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: October 25, 2021, 12:16:35 pm »

Saiyan Ibou doesn't want to hurt this human
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: October 25, 2021, 12:33:21 pm »
Felix isn't as rapid as Rashford but I think it's probably a fair assessment. Plus Matip has played a LOT of games recently (for him). Ibou must be training well too for Klopp to choose him over Gomez too.

Think his selection over Gomez was tactical as much as anything. I was thinking during the game it looked clear that he was in there to deal with Ronaldo’s aerial prowess in a manner which Gomez perhaps couldn’t.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #771 on: October 25, 2021, 12:45:55 pm »
My feeling is that this is the start of Konate slowly becoming Virgil's first choice partner in the centre.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #772 on: October 25, 2021, 01:06:44 pm »
I really like what I've seen from him so far. If you were going to create a centre back from scratch then he'd have every attribute you want: pace, power, height, good aerially, comfortable on the ball and raw enough to improve further. He's potentially very, very good.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: October 25, 2021, 01:27:45 pm »
My feeling is that this is the start of Konate slowly becoming Virgil's first choice partner in the centre.
I think Konate is more complete since he is better in the air than Gomez, and he is nearly as quick if not quicker based on clocked speeds as compared to Gomez. With Matip being in sensational form, I think it is going to be nigh on impossible for Gomez going forward in CB, but I think he can definitely get games at RB since we need someone to lighten Trent's load.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #774 on: October 25, 2021, 01:56:22 pm »
Think his selection over Gomez was tactical as much as anything. I was thinking during the game it looked clear that he was in there to deal with Ronaldo’s aerial prowess in a manner which Gomez perhaps couldn’t.

Sure dealt with him alright, this shot just about sums the game up

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: October 25, 2021, 02:14:56 pm »
A couple of minor mistakes in the game but generally very good. And I just can't help but like him and his attitude. Klopp seems a very good judge of character.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #776 on: October 25, 2021, 02:24:07 pm »

And him and Joe for the future
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: October 25, 2021, 02:33:14 pm »
I think Konate is more complete since he is better in the air than Gomez, and he is nearly as quick if not quicker based on clocked speeds as compared to Gomez. With Matip being in sensational form, I think it is going to be nigh on impossible for Gomez going forward in CB, but I think he can definitely get games at RB since we need someone to lighten Trent's load.

Quite a few posters here yesterday citing that Konate's start was due to his aerial prowess and he sure as hell proved that against a front line that in all honesty can do damage. There was the odd raw moment but that's to be expected from a young player bedding in, but hell, he has all the tools at his disposal.

Don't want to undo the fantastic form of Matip, but just wondering if the coaching staff see a higher performance ceiling with Konate in the centre back with Van Dijk considering they do share similar attributes?

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #778 on: October 25, 2021, 04:18:49 pm »
Didn't realise how big he was, man is an absolute unit.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #779 on: October 25, 2021, 04:27:41 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #780 on: October 25, 2021, 05:55:04 pm »
Would definitely start him against Preston and Brighton. See how he fairs of a good run of games. Was so impressive yesterday.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline USCouse

• Main Stander
« Reply #781 on: October 25, 2021, 06:09:54 pm »
He was excellent yesterday but one thing I've noticed is that he tends to follow a player if they drift from central to out wide. Think he still needs to learn to 'pass him on' to one of the fullbacks so he can drop in again.

A couple of times he followed Ronaldo wide and we ended up with a gap at centre-half because nobody filled in for him. A better team would spot that and exploit the space. Maybe something Fabinho would be more likely to do when he's back.

Noticed this as well - believe this happened when Bruno saw that space and chipped a pass to Rashford into that space in the box resulting in a tame shot on target? He is so physically imposing and very quick as well - such a great foundation to build off of.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #782 on: October 25, 2021, 07:54:59 pm »
anyone mentioned how in the melee after Ronaldo kicking Curtis, Fernandes the hard man goes and shoves VVD. Ibou rocks up and body checks Fernandes?

was just a little shove. wish he'd full on body-slammed him, the prick!
yep, Penandes shat himself, don't remember him having a kick after that, then again he didn't have many kicks before that
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #783 on: October 25, 2021, 08:14:36 pm »
Virg has found his Luca Brasi.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #784 on: October 25, 2021, 11:20:49 pm »
I wonder if a peripheral thought in starting him yesterday was that it would allow Phillips to partner Gomez midweek and means that everyone is getting some proper pitch time.
Possibly - Matip has been played continuously so that we can gather momentum before the inevitability of him needing to be rested. He'll be heavily rotated from now on I imagine, but for me Konate looks more than good enough to be the first choice along side Joel.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: October 25, 2021, 11:23:25 pm »
Possibly - Matip has been played continuously so that we can gather momentum before the inevitability of him needing to be rested. He'll be heavily rotated from now on I imagine, but for me Konate looks more than good enough to be the first choice along side Joel.

We might need Matip in midfield the way things are going.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: October 26, 2021, 03:03:59 am »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: October 26, 2021, 03:10:41 am »
7:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=endVj1YlceU&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC

Throwing around Fred like he's a fly.

everyone is loving that. Reminiscent of Gomez throwing around Sterling to a degree.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: October 26, 2021, 07:54:25 am »
He’s got the right attitude and can play too. Getting stuck into the mancs has already won most of us over.

Take a walk around him, he’s a colossus.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #789 on: October 26, 2021, 09:48:20 am »
Was he jibbing off at someone at full time? Thought it looked like he was giving it the 'talky talky' signal to someone.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AK1892

• Anny Roader
« Reply #790 on: October 26, 2021, 12:51:40 pm »

Reminds me of that Hightower guy from Police Academy movies.   ;D   (+ when the time is right, i guess we all know the song for him)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: October 26, 2021, 01:22:38 pm »
Reminds me of that Hightower guy from Police Academy movies.   ;D   (+ when the time is right, i guess we all know the song for him)

His song must be based on Dragon Ball.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #792 on: October 30, 2021, 05:50:44 pm »
Not a good game from Ibou today. His challenges were mostly good, but he ventured off position way too often.

I'm getting a bit worried about Atleti, I would have thought that Matip will play this game and Ibou vs Atleti because of his pace, but by his today's showing I see that I was far off the mark. Matip has more pace in his head.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: October 30, 2021, 05:51:48 pm »
Not a good game from Ibou today. His challenges were mostly good, but he ventured off position way too often.

I'm getting a bit worried about Atleti, I would have thought that Matip will play this game and Ibou vs Atleti because of his pace, but by his today's showing I see that I was far off the mark. Matip has more pace in his head.

Play Gomez.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: October 30, 2021, 05:54:33 pm »
Play Gomez.
Gomez wasn't starting ahead of Ibou thus far, one could wonder why.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #795 on: October 30, 2021, 05:56:21 pm »
Play Gomez.
I mean Konaté wasn’t at fault for either goal and midweek Gomez could have been at fault for two.

Weird shouts on here tonight.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: October 30, 2021, 05:57:39 pm »
I mean Konaté wasn’t at fault for either goal and midweek Gomez could have been at fault for two.

Weird shouts on here tonight.

Gomez is just a better cb for me as of now, and of course much more suited to our team and his potential partners as hes been here longer. Konate just came a couple months ago, and his new to the league, nothing weird about it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #797 on: October 30, 2021, 05:57:57 pm »

I hope Gomez would get the call in the Champions League, perhaps give Virgil a rest and play Matip with him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: October 30, 2021, 05:59:17 pm »
I hope Gomez would get the call in the Champions League, perhaps give Virgil a rest and play Matip with him.
It's not the quality of the CBs I question, but their speed.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #799 on: October 30, 2021, 06:01:11 pm »
Gomez is just a better cb for me as of now, and of course much more suited to our team and his potential partners as hes been here longer. Konate just came a couple months ago, and his new to the league, nothing weird about it.
Based on what?

Gomez has hardly played since coming back from another serious injury and when he has he’s also looked a little shaky.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."