Author Topic: Liverpool FC - 3 - 0 FC Gomel (FT) Borini, Gerrard, Johnson  (Read 56988 times)

Offline irishmike639

• Not good enough for RAWK - but we'd be lucky to get a kick in the teeth if we tried to sell him
  • Main Stander
  • We've conquered all of Europe...
Re: Liverpool FC - 3 - 0 FC Gomel (FT) Borini, Gerrard, Johnson
« Reply #240 on: August 9, 2012, 11:48:06 pm »
Anyone else think that Shelvey was lucky not to be sent off?

No?

Just me then.
And if you don't like this swearing that this motherfucker forced from me and reckon it shows moral or intellectual paucity then fuck you motherfucker, this is language one employs when one is fucking cross about fuckers fucking boys - The genius that is Tim Minchin - The Pope Song

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: August 9, 2012, 11:49:08 pm »
Thought they were saying 'HOOF', but if you were there I'll take your word for it.

I was there and it was definitely shoot.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: August 9, 2012, 11:49:39 pm »
Enjoyed that. Good movement, nice passing, great goal from Borini and an even better one from Johnson.

Man of the match was Suarez, him and Gerrard looked absolutely lethal upfront.

Nice to see Brendan adopting the Rafa style of "I don't give a fuck we've just scored, I'm still making notes in my notebook" goal celebration too.

More of the same against West Brom in a couple of weeks please lads.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: August 9, 2012, 11:50:23 pm »

No?

Just me then.

It was no worse than a couple of their fouls.

Offline irishmike639

• Not good enough for RAWK - but we'd be lucky to get a kick in the teeth if we tried to sell him
  • Main Stander
« Reply #244 on: August 9, 2012, 11:51:51 pm »
It was no worse than a couple of their fouls.

It wasn't just for the one he was booked for, there were 2 others before that, 1 of which I definitely would have booked him.
And if you don't like this swearing that this motherfucker forced from me and reckon it shows moral or intellectual paucity then fuck you motherfucker, this is language one employs when one is fucking cross about fuckers fucking boys - The genius that is Tim Minchin - The Pope Song

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #245 on: August 9, 2012, 11:53:48 pm »

No?

Just me then.

Yeah, he was lucky a bit.

It wasn't the best performance I've seen from him but he put in an excellent shift given his age and how early it is in the season.

Also he hands down looked a class above Adam who replaced him.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #246 on: August 9, 2012, 11:54:23 pm »
"It's out of Agger's hands and up to the owners"

Can someone please explain why Agger can not simply refuse the transfer, just like Carroll did?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #247 on: August 9, 2012, 11:54:40 pm »

No?

Just me then.

Seen reds given for the one he was booked for like
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline shanks_legend

• Anny Roader
  • Whopper/Beaut of the highest order
« Reply #248 on: August 9, 2012, 11:57:28 pm »
Anyone else think BRs comment about conceding 18 shots last week and conceding one this week was a barb at the owners with regard to Aggers effect on the team?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
« Reply #249 on: August 9, 2012, 11:57:34 pm »
Can someone please explain why Agger can not simply refuse the transfer, just like Carroll did?

He can.

The problem is he has 2 years left on his deal and if the club won't give him a contract extension for the hard work he's put in, then I would not blame him accepting a five year deal from City who are saying we want you, we will pay you what you deserve and we'll pay you big money.

If the club want it to be Agger's decision, they need to put a fair offer on the table for him to sign. Otherwise as a professional, I can't blame him for going elsewhere. It would not be a question of loyalty as much as it would be a question of going where he is wanted.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: August 9, 2012, 11:57:37 pm »

Because we havn't accepted a deal - and I'm certain we won't.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #251 on: August 9, 2012, 11:58:44 pm »
Meanwhile, asked about Daniel Agger the manager said: "There's nothing new to add. He's very important for me. I like to have a playmaker at the back. With Daniel, this is his game - building from behind, stepping out with the ball and making passes and you see his commitment to the cause.

"For me there's no update because we don't want to sell him. He's a player who is very important for me and it will remain that way."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-delight-at-borini-display
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #252 on: August 10, 2012, 12:00:34 am »
the man just tattooed YNWA on his fingers, what more can he do to tell everyone that he doesn't want to go anywhere??
Those are supposedly his parents names initials, Yvette Nielsen ja Widrik Agger.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: August 10, 2012, 12:00:51 am »

He can, but if your manager and owners accept a bid to get rid of you and say the money is more important, especially if you care about the club, you'll leave.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: August 10, 2012, 12:01:10 am »
Anytime, anyplace, anywhere.
On the ground, he's as good in the air.
In the right place, at the right time
That's Borini!
'Transalpino 1978

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2012, 12:04:05 am »
That was VERY encouraging.  So much composure and positive play.  Suarez is just unreal, again and again I found myself stunned at his ability.

It's still early days but what a starting point!

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2012, 12:08:58 am »
great applause for carroll when he was warming up.

Shame he didn't get on, give the lad a chance Brendan!
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2012, 12:09:30 am »
Was great to get back to Anfield tonight, cracking weather to go with the performance as well, walking through Stanley Park with the sun shining and red shirts everywhere, I've missed football.

Yeah everyone knows Gomel aren't the best opposition but as has been pointed out they are halfway through their season therefore their players are bound to be more match fitter than our players. And you can only beat what is in front of you and we done that well, in the past a game like that could of been a struggle for us but that was not the case tonight.

Suarez was immense, Borini put a good shift in and was delighted for him to score on his Anfield debut, great to see Lucas play nearly the full 90 as well. Hopefully more of the same against West Brom next week.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2012, 12:20:15 am »
Looked very good on the pitch - obviously Gomel had nothing to offer in return, we had about 95% of the ball, but good movement and linking up. Borini just fit in perfectly, looked really decent, debut goal to boot!

Bit worried about Agger leaving, he spend a good while clapping the supporters (had a couple of songs sung for him) and then threw his shirt into the crowd. :-\

Not so happy with the pre-match stuff- why did we have to sing YNWA to an empty pitch, 10 minutes before kick-off? Carra being congratulated and (i think) Rodgers introduced just before kick-off, when the Kop is in full voice, so that you couldn't hear anything? Think they could've timed it a bit better, maybe do the stuff before YNWA and then start the match as normal.

Also, since when do half the Kop boo the other half because there's a song being sung they don't agree with?

And Warrior, please fuck off with that "We come not to play" shite. It's plastered all around the ground, it's not clever, it's just shit.

Ah, it's good to be back. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2012, 12:20:33 am »
Great to enjoy decent football again without the usual  fuck ups giving us nervy moments. Brilliant standing ovation for Lucas when he went off and great to hear the true support chanting for Danny & Andy throughout the game. :)
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline irishmike639

• Main Stander
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2012, 12:20:39 am »
great applause for carroll when he was warming up.

Shame he didn't get on, give the lad a chance Brendan!

I was thinking the same thing.  I reckon he would have loved it tonight the number of times the ball was in their box.

Offline luissuarez

• Main Stander
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2012, 12:21:30 am »
Those are supposedly his parents names initials, Yvette Nielsen ja Widrik Agger.

yeah sure  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2012, 12:22:04 am »
He can, but if your manager and owners accept a bid to get rid of you and say the money is more important, especially if you care about the club, you'll leave.
what load of shit!! Jesus Agger does not have to do jack shit but look out for his CAREER! If he cares he has to leave LOOOL the brain washing clubs do to some clueless fans is unreal.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Hop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2012, 12:26:02 am »
Really enjoyed that.

Offline kates bush

• Anny Roader
  • "Get it?" "Got it." "Good!""
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2012, 12:26:17 am »
what load of shit!! Jesus Agger does not have to do jack shit but look out for his CAREER! If he cares he has to leave LOOOL the brain washing clubs do to some clueless fans is unreal.

In what way are the fans being brainwashed? I think most people are assuming that if Daniel leaves the club it will be through no fault of his own.
"Hoss Bender, dead at the age of WHO THE F#CK CARES?"

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2012, 12:30:16 am »
In what way are the fans being brainwashed? I think most people are assuming that if Daniel leaves the club it will be through no fault of his own.
Fact that you think he would have to leave the club to prove he cares? how about he stays to prove he cares?
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2012, 12:33:54 am »
Very fluid performance, it will be interesting how it translates to the tough home games we have early in the league.

Was great to see Lucas back, almost like another signing.

Borini looked lively, and it was nice to feel that goals could and did come from several players,
and for all the great work Suarez did, it was  shame he didn't score.

Offline ScouserFreddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2012, 12:44:44 am »
a good win by the lads, and a good goal by Borini on his debut
in Istanbul after 60 minutes "look at the scoreboard, and never ever GIVE UP in your life" ;)

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2012, 12:46:53 am »
have to wait to see it but sounds like a good if not great performance against a side we should be dominating. But there are no easy games in football anymore right!

All this Agger carry on in the thread is depressing though. Can't even enjoy a win anymore with some people on here.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2012, 12:51:04 am »

The internet at work - a joke post becomes a rumour becomes the truth.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2012, 12:53:06 am »
Me too, It was shoot.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Aaron Cross

• Hot for Megan, Transformer Troll...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2012, 12:55:50 am »
Suarez is a phenomenal player, man of the match again tonight for me, Suarez, Gerrard and Borini were immense up front, but Luis just blows me away with his talent, whenever he gets the ball he's always looking to do something, his dribbling, passing, vision and movement is just world class, its like we have are own little Messi, fuck I love him!

Offline jeremyh94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2012, 12:56:51 am »
Great goal by Fab the Knife and Johnson goes back up in my estimation.
I'd say only Downing had a poor game.
The squad looks light up front though and the arrival of Allen will not improve that.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2012, 01:00:51 am »
Have to say i thought it was a definate penalty when Skrtel raised his boot in the box. You usually don't get away with that in european games.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2012, 01:03:34 am »
The squad looks light up front though and the arrival of Allen will not improve that.

I thought he played well. Pressed, picked the right times to give it to Suarez(and stay out of the way) and when to take it on himself. He put in some good crosses with his wrong foot. Its not all his fault we didn't get on the end of them.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2012, 01:05:20 am »
any vids for the goals?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 10, 2012, 01:05:25 am »

I'd say nobody had a bad game, at all.

But, RAWK always needs someone to put down.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #277 on: August 10, 2012, 01:05:51 am »
Same here - a lot were shouting it whenever Carra and Danny Agger got the ball in the last 5 mins.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2012, 01:06:28 am »
Yeah, he was lucky a bit.

It wasn't the best performance I've seen from him but he put in an excellent shift given his age and how early it is in the season.

Also he hands down looked a class above Adam who replaced him.

Seeing Shelvey's performance tonight I can see why we went for Allen. I still think he has a way to go to play in this system at top level. He was very careless with possession a few times in our own half. Can't afford to do that as a #6 or #8. Despite that I hope he stays, as being part of the squad and getting game time here and there throughout the season in this system will help him enormously.

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #279 on: August 10, 2012, 01:14:56 am »

My heart missed a beat when I saw that picture! if only history really can repeat itself!!  :scarf
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-