Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 223860 times)

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1360 on: November 8, 2019, 07:05:39 pm »
Graham, could you ask at the meeting if they gave come up with a solution for those who have duplicate cards in the same name. I've tried to complete my fan update but couldn't confirm the details after validating my photo as the details were on another card. When I rang fan services they said they are coming up with a way around this and will be contacted when I can validate the details. But 3 weeks later I still haven't heard anything

Offline msarfaraaz

• Main Stander
« Reply #1361 on: November 8, 2019, 07:35:24 pm »
Graham, could you ask at the meeting if they gave come up with a solution for those who have duplicate cards in the same name. I've tried to complete my fan update but couldn't confirm the details after validating my photo as the details were on another card. When I rang fan services they said they are coming up with a way around this and will be contacted when I can validate the details. But 3 weeks later I still haven't heard anything

I had the same issue and called up and they deleted/put a stop to the old account so I was then able to do the update as normal

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1362 on: November 9, 2019, 09:29:30 am »
My dads ID check failed another 6 times - he doesn't have a card driving licence so been using his passport - couldn't be any clearer but wouldn't accept any of the pictures.

Will we be able to verify his ID at the TO tomorrow at the game?
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1363 on: November 9, 2019, 10:27:40 am »
My dads ID check failed another 6 times - he doesn't have a card driving licence so been using his passport - couldn't be any clearer but wouldn't accept any of the pictures.

Yes thats what I'm doing with my youngest lad. I actually got his passport accepted via the online app but never got an email confirming it. Rang the ticket office and they said that due to a glitch in the system it can't be accdpted??
They advised going to the window tomorrow as they can now scan it there.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1364 on: November 9, 2019, 10:36:45 am »

After having it reset after the first 6 failure's I had only a couple of more tries after having all 10 pictures fail.
As I didn't expect it to pass I didn't take any care like I did with the previous 10 photos. I took the picture in low light and at a slight angle, it was also quite a grainy picture.
Guess what, it passed :)

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 9, 2019, 10:39:02 am by hawkwind »

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #1365 on: November 9, 2019, 01:24:18 pm »
Just did our two cards and after a few fails the driving licenses worked. Being the weekend I’m not expecting confirmation e-mails till Monday but how long does take normally??!
Tips on the photo after my fails.
1- took a black laptop outside on day light to avoid glares and shit place ur card on the black laptop and get as close as you can to fitting the sides of the card to ur phones then make sure you are not leaning above it blocking light so arms in front lol try not to shake too much. Upload from the same phone instead of sending the pictures through various platforms (wats app,messanger or viber as it damages the quality! Hope this helps

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: November 9, 2019, 02:08:09 pm »
Yes thats what I'm doing with my youngest lad. I actually got his passport accepted via the online app but never got an email confirming it. Rang the ticket office and they said that due to a glitch in the system it can't be accdpted??
They advised going to the window tomorrow as they can now scan it there.

Nice one - Wish they would have just let us do this from the start to be honest - the amount of faffing about trying to get it to work has been a pain when I could have just nipped to the TO on matchday to get it verified.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: November 12, 2019, 06:40:15 am »
Does seem a bit peculiar they’d do this mid season the more I think about it.

You can still buy tickets for the second half without doing the Fan Update. If you don’t do it, your cards won’t be active for Sheffield and going forward. But when will these people be notified? Will these tickets just go into the late sales? I have no concept of how many cards this may effectively “ban” but assuming it’s in the 100s from touts it could get interesting.
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1368 on: November 12, 2019, 11:21:25 am »
Does seem a bit peculiar they’d do this mid season the more I think about it.

You can still buy tickets for the second half without doing the Fan Update. If you don’t do it, your cards won’t be active for Sheffield and going forward. But when will these people be notified? Will these tickets just go into the late sales? I have no concept of how many cards this may effectively “ban” but assuming it’s in the 100s from touts it could get interesting.

There could be loads who haven't even realised they need to do it, turnstile queues for Sheff Utd could be interesting...
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: November 12, 2019, 11:33:59 am »
There could be loads who haven't even realised they need to do it, turnstile queues for Sheff Utd could be interesting...

That too. There'll be people with old mobile numbers who never check their email no doubt too. The boomers.  ;)
YNWA.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: November 12, 2019, 08:08:28 pm »
Did this probably about 2 weeks ago now, had no email or any confirmation. How do you check it’s worked?

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1371 on: November 12, 2019, 09:41:50 pm »
Did this probably about 2 weeks ago now, had no email or any confirmation. How do you check it’s worked?

Check your junk folder as my email was in there. Although it might have deleted from your junk now.

Not sure what happens if you log in here... https://fanupdate.liverpoolfc.com/?_ga=2.219790553.1935901753.1573542888-940657322.1573542887#/login

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1372 on: November 12, 2019, 09:57:54 pm »
Catch up meeting with Club on this issue on Tuesday.

I'll take the planes, trains and automobiles scenarios I have seen on this thread.

One thing I will suggest about the ST Update is they consider publishing some template letters/contact sheets that set up why people want name changes.

So, for instance...

"I have used the season ticket in the name of #### for the last x years. My purchase history will prove it is me who has paid for it.

#### approves the transfer and has attached a letter in the form you have requested consenting the transfer..."

You get the drift.

be interesting to hear

especially about the dead supporters lol

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: November 12, 2019, 10:22:48 pm »
Check your junk folder as my email was in there. Although it might have deleted from your junk now.

Not sure what happens if you log in here... https://fanupdate.liverpoolfc.com/?_ga=2.219790553.1935901753.1573542888-940657322.1573542887#/login
Nope definitely nothing. It says verified when I log in there so I assume it’s fine. Would have been nice to get an email though

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1374 on: November 12, 2019, 11:45:26 pm »
Check your purchase history as it will show in there.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1375 on: November 13, 2019, 05:13:22 pm »
Meeting last night re Fan Update (members):

- 53% done so far (c.2400 people)
- Club reaching out to those who failed, those who haven’t done will be approached via outbound call push starting next week to see if any issues etc
- 160 odd failures thus far (gone through 6 times, completely failed and club reached out/in process of reset)
- Question raised on anyone with no photo ID, Club not seen anything fed back like that yet.
- 47% remaining is belief where there may be issue cases

They look like they want to start ST Update pre-Christmas.

Saying still committed to trying to get tickets into the right users names - allow use by others (Friends and Family) but the details are not yet clear how. Still saying no 'enforcement' of use such as spot checks or other ID.

I suggested they complete some standard templates that people could use for the most mainstream of changes - so "Mate gave it to me ten years ago, I use it now' scenario - 'Dead relative I use it now' scenario - 'I bought three in my name in 1985 and want to transfer them to my lads who have used them with me since' scenario - you get the drift..

Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: November 14, 2019, 12:46:23 am »
Cheers as always Graham.

No suggestion of them banning any cards I guess from dodgy licenses or whatever? Haha
YNWA.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: November 14, 2019, 09:37:35 am »
Meeting last night re Fan Update (members):

- 53% done so far (c.2400 people)
- 47% remaining is belief where there may be issue cases

Thanks again for the info Graham, using the 53% figure, that suggests that around 4500-4600 (depending on how close 2400 is to 53% but you get my drift)

Think most would agree that Jule sale was the worst for quite some time, and it led to the feeling that there were lots more on 13 than previously, and that's not just the multiple browsers, etc, as that's been happening for ages

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #1378 on: November 14, 2019, 11:56:01 am »
I wish the club would improve the situation for returning members tickets, at the man city game 2 empty seats next to me, for the Brighton game can't go so called the club to be told it was 14 working days not 14 days before that you need to return.
I have found a friend who can use them but why with electronic tickets on cards and the massive demand for late availability don't they allow members to give back tickets closer to the game.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: November 14, 2019, 12:07:13 pm »
I wish the club would improve the situation for returning members tickets, at the man city game 2 empty seats next to me, for the Brighton game can't go so called the club to be told it was 14 working days not 14 days before that you need to return.
I have found a friend who can use them but why with electronic tickets on cards and the massive demand for late availability don't they allow members to give back tickets closer to the game.

Very bizarre that The Club specifically ask for no seats to be left empty, but do not facilitate the means of filling seats through the return of members tickets.   If you can return a season ticket half an hour before kick off why not a members card purchase?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: November 14, 2019, 12:20:17 pm »
Very bizarre that The Club specifically ask for no seats to be left empty, but do not facilitate the means of filling seats through the return of members tickets.   If you can return a season ticket half an hour before kick off why not a members card purchase?

It would also be nice to donate tickets to low income families who cant afford to go to games - so if there is not enough time to return for a refund they dont go to waste

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1381 on: November 14, 2019, 02:54:36 pm »
Went to do my fan update a few weeks back and couldn't confirm the details as there was a duplicate card on my account. Just tried again and its gone through to the fan update submitted page. At the top of the page it thanks me for submitting my details, and once they have checked and validated my ID I will receive an email confirmation, which could take 7 to 14 days. I've seen previously in the thread that others have said that they haven't received this email, am I right in thinking that this is checkable in your account history?

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1382 on: November 14, 2019, 02:59:05 pm »
Went to do my fan update a few weeks back and couldn't confirm the details as there was a duplicate card on my account. Just tried again and its gone through to the fan update submitted page. At the top of the page it thanks me for submitting my details, and once they have checked and validated my ID I will receive an email confirmation, which could take 7 to 14 days. I've seen previously in the thread that others have said that they haven't received this email, am I right in thinking that this is checkable in your account history?
Look in your purchase history, it will say if it has been validated there

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #1383 on: November 14, 2019, 03:07:47 pm »
Failed now 4 times

Any tips on taking this pic?

Should it be taken outside on a sheet of white paper?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1384 on: November 14, 2019, 03:42:16 pm »
It would also be nice to donate tickets to low income families who cant afford to go to games - so if there is not enough time to return for a refund they dont go to waste

That would be great in theory. However that was partly the idea for the Local Sale, and they haven't got that right yet. 

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: November 14, 2019, 06:07:57 pm »
So 47% of people in the bulk sale will be buying up to £500 worth of tickets without the guarantee that they’ll get in the ground on 2nd Jan. Can’t see any issue arising from that!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: November 14, 2019, 06:26:17 pm »
Failed now 4 times

Any tips on taking this pic?

Should it be taken outside on a sheet of white paper?

They advise to take it on a dark background. Mine went through first time. Used the same camera and background for my brothers and it failed. Tried a different background each time for the 2nd set of 6 efforts. Still failed. Will just go to ticket office to sort it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1387 on: November 14, 2019, 07:33:20 pm »
Thanks again for the info Graham, using the 53% figure, that suggests that around 4500-4600 (depending on how close 2400 is to 53% but you get my drift)

Think most would agree that Jule sale was the worst for quite some time, and it led to the feeling that there were lots more on 13 than previously, and that's not just the multiple browsers, etc, as that's been happening for ages
Yeah it seemed like there was far more than those numbers in the 13+ sale, also as there was hardly anything left only a few red blocks for those available after 13+ and certainly not 5000 tickets like previous years.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: November 14, 2019, 10:52:25 pm »
My dad got his sorted on Sunday before the City game - took it to the TO and the guy authorised his passport instantly - it had failed 12 times online  ::)

Glad to have it all sorted now - fingers crossed the sales next week will be easier than normal

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: November 15, 2019, 10:33:29 am »

Just shows how unnecessarily daft and difficult that sale is when it clearly does not need to be.

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1390 on: November 15, 2019, 12:25:13 pm »
Graham, any idea on timescales for the rest of us to do this? My dad doesn't have any photo identification and would require changing his paper license for a photocard one. He could do it now at his expense if a rush but gets it free in January/February due to turning 70. He started this season at zero credits. Wonder if he should bite the bullet and get it now or if he has the time to wait. Surely the club would be looking at next season as the cutoff for fan update for those on either 4 or 0 when the season began? He will be on full credits by the beginning of next season and eligible for the 13 plus sale.

Thanks.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1391 on: November 15, 2019, 12:55:52 pm »
Graham, any idea on timescales for the rest of us to do this? My dad doesn't have any photo identification and would require changing his paper license for a photocard one. He could do it now at his expense if a rush but gets it free in January/February due to turning 70. He started this season at zero credits. Wonder if he should bite the bullet and get it now or if he has the time to wait. Surely the club would be looking at next season as the cutoff for fan update for those on either 4 or 0 when the season began? He will be on full credits by the beginning of next season and eligible for the 13 plus sale

He wont. Not if he started on 0 this season.

Maximum he get get is 12.

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1392 on: November 15, 2019, 01:23:24 pm »
Yes, he will. Considering he's on 11 already.  All six in the first bulk sale and five Hospitality.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 01:25:38 pm by Gaius Baltar »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: November 15, 2019, 01:25:46 pm »
Yes, he will. Considering he's on 11 already. 

How? What am I missing here?

Oh, hospitality. Fair enough.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: November 15, 2019, 01:40:39 pm »
So 47% of people in the bulk sale will be buying up to £500 worth of tickets without the guarantee that they’ll get in the ground on 2nd Jan. Can’t see any issue arising from that!

I'm thinking of getting to the ground for 6 for Sheff U coz reckon it's going to be absolute carnage at the turnstiles

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1395 on: November 15, 2019, 03:00:17 pm »
Graham, any idea on timescales for the rest of us to do this? My dad doesn't have any photo identification and would require changing his paper license for a photocard one. He could do it now at his expense if a rush but gets it free in January/February due to turning 70. He started this season at zero credits. Wonder if he should bite the bullet and get it now or if he has the time to wait. Surely the club would be looking at next season as the cutoff for fan update for those on either 4 or 0 when the season began? He will be on full credits by the beginning of next season and eligible for the 13 plus sale.

Thanks.

The suggestion is STHs and presumably any other members will start pre-Christmas but I expect for STHs the deadline for Update will be the end of the season or just before renewal for the defence of the title season in 2020/21.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: November 15, 2019, 03:35:42 pm »
The suggestion is STHs and presumably any other members will start pre-Christmas but I expect for STHs the deadline for Update will be the end of the season or just before renewal for the defence of the title season in 2020/21.

I like it
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: November 16, 2019, 05:19:22 pm »
I had a really long chat with a guy at the ticket office. He reckons the whole fan update is about safety and knowing who is in the ground rather than touting.  So I said that the fan update will be useless as once the cards are verified they will still be able to be passed around easily. He replied that that was against the rules. So they are planning on people not breaking a rule that they have no chance of being caught at.  Hopefully he was talking bollocks to reinforce his stance on my transfer.  If not, I expect some sort of personal recognition coming in over the next few years.

Also, worrying is the stance on tickets bought next week on cards that are not yet verified. “Don’t worry if the cards aren’t verified you’ll get a refund”. Actually Im more worried about losing 5 years of credits and telling my 11 year old he can no longer attend league games.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #1398 on: November 16, 2019, 05:30:13 pm »
I had a really long chat with a guy at the ticket office. He reckons the whole fan update is about safety and knowing who is in the ground rather than touting.  So I said that the fan update will be useless as once the cards are verified they will still be able to be passed around easily. He replied that that was against the rules. So they are planning on people not breaking a rule that they have no chance of being caught at.  Hopefully he was talking bollocks to reinforce his stance on my transfer.  If not, I expect some sort of personal recognition coming in over the next few years.

Also, worrying is the stance on tickets bought next week on cards that are not yet verified. “Don’t worry if the cards aren’t verified you’ll get a refund”. Actually Im more worried about losing 5 years of credits and telling my 11 year old he can no longer attend league games.

I just not having this safety business at all.  It never mattered who was in the ground when we were swaying around on the Kop and doesn't matter now.  Was talking to mates about all this.  Our general view was LFC need to be seen to be doing something about touting.  By making sure an actual person exists behind every card, and a person can only have one membership, that's a good thing and I'm right behind it.  I think that's all it is set out to do. 
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: November 16, 2019, 06:37:20 pm »
Mad how the world is different to the 1970s.