Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226318 times)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1560 on: January 2, 2020, 03:55:00 pm »
Wonder if we're going to see any affects of the fan update tonight, confusion at the gates or perhaps empty seats where the touts couldn't get cards to pass the verification.

Would the club not resell the tickets for tonight's game where the card wasn't verified?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1561 on: January 2, 2020, 04:02:45 pm »
Would the club not resell the tickets for tonight's game where the card wasn't verified?
in theory they should but hard to say if the have, in fairness untied could be a bigger test because tonight wasn’t guaranteed for those on 13+ anyway

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #1562 on: January 2, 2020, 04:27:15 pm »

Yeah good point, presumably they could purchase the tickets in the bulk sales but were they cancelled and resold if the verification wasn't completed? Were their many returns?

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1563 on: January 2, 2020, 04:46:04 pm »
Yeah good point, presumably they could purchase the tickets in the bulk sales but were they cancelled and resold if the verification wasn't completed? Were their many returns?
An absolute tonne. Including like 60 in u9 at one point.
YNWA

Offline geow6

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1564 on: January 2, 2020, 05:08:01 pm »
About time the ticketing system changed. Anyone else struggle with the members' sales in July and November each year? Much preferred the old system from yesteryear, tickets were on sale for home matches 3/4 weeks prior to the game.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: January 2, 2020, 07:09:08 pm »
About time the ticketing system changed. Anyone else struggle with the members' sales in July and November each year? Much preferred the old system from yesteryear, tickets were on sale for home matches 3/4 weeks prior to the game.

Was a pain in the arse having a multitude of different sales.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: January 2, 2020, 07:19:44 pm »
Was a pain in the arse having a multitude of different sales.

Agree. But it'd make it more fair. With the present system you either get everything or nothing, followed by hours of constant refreshing. Completly random dependant on your queue position. Splitting it up you'd have more chances to get a ticket (or just 19 times of frustration vs two ;D )

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1567 on: January 2, 2020, 10:48:00 pm »
Read this on another site
Warning:
Full ID checks on tonight thru to Soton on 13+ cards - particularly International cards.
Tonight cos they don't think International members will travel so will let others use the cards;
Man Utd cos of big money touting :
Soton included also
Not sure about Sunday FA Cup

Followed by OLSC branch members complaining about having ID checks against Wolves and no doubt there will be more tonight.  Some didn't have their passports with them as they weren't expecting checks and didn't get in.
Harsh but some say that cards were passed on so isn't that part of the problem.  Most for face value I expect but who knows at times....which is how this all started?
We are a team of one half.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1568 on: January 2, 2020, 10:49:06 pm »
Just to confirm that the above is bollocks, there were no ID checks.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1569 on: January 2, 2020, 10:51:40 pm »
How do you know? Quite a few reported otherwise

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: January 2, 2020, 10:57:47 pm »
How do they know a 13+ card from a non 13+ card.... They don't.. unless they've got some special machine to tell them at the point of entry.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1571 on: January 2, 2020, 11:01:41 pm »
How do you know? Quite a few reported otherwise

Because me, my mum, the 3 mates I had in front of me (and the 4th person who had one of their cards), 3 other mates and countless others I know didn't and we're all on 19.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: January 2, 2020, 11:05:17 pm »
Because me, my mum, the 3 mates I had in front of me (and the 4th person who had one of their cards), 3 other mates and countless others I know didn't and we're all on 19.

Ditto.  We (4) are all on 19 and no checks. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1573 on: January 2, 2020, 11:17:27 pm »
Wolves was b4 the 13+ people had to register for so maybe it was nothing to do with that. These were all people who got their tickets via OLSC. 

Just reporting what I read. I didn't see any checks either but the guy in front of me had his card flash red and had to go to a steward. 

I know they have the facility to make cards flash red though so maybe that is what they did to selected OLSC tkts. That ties in with the quote above.  They then have to go to the TO to show ID before the card is authorised to use.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1574 on: January 2, 2020, 11:18:04 pm »
There was quite a few cards that weren’t activated so had to go the Ticket Office but apart from that I didn’t see anything.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1575 on: January 2, 2020, 11:20:14 pm »
Could be another reason but maybe some were part of these checks? 

I know branches have been warned before for selling on tickets so maybe this is a parallel investigation?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1576 on: January 2, 2020, 11:29:20 pm »
How do they know a 13+ card from a non 13+ card.... They don't.. unless they've got some special machine to tell them at the point of entry.
The machines don’t have this ability, also have never seen ID checks at turnstiles, it is possible the TO don’t activate cards of certain people and make them go to TO with ID but not sure if this has been proven or not. TO easily have access to purchase history and details of everyone so

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: January 2, 2020, 11:32:22 pm »
Without sounding totally thick what is OLSC?  Overseas Liverpool Supporters Club?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1578 on: January 2, 2020, 11:34:09 pm »
Without sounding totally thick what is OLSC?  Overseas Liverpool Supporters Club?
Yes.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1579 on: January 3, 2020, 12:04:05 am »
Yes.
No
Official Liverpool Supporters Clubs
Sorry, never thought to clarify. Some are in the UK, others abroad but same rules apply to all. They can apply for tkts as a branch but membership cards get activated as usual.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2020, 12:05:41 am by Shanklygates »

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1580 on: January 3, 2020, 12:25:49 am »
Two singles in front of me were empty in U9.

I hope they rang in sick to the club  :no

#disgrace

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1581 on: January 3, 2020, 12:28:11 am »
Just to confirm that the above is bollocks, there were no ID checks.
Scaremongering at its best.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1582 on: January 3, 2020, 12:29:47 am »

#disgrace
Why is it a disgrace? they could have been empty for a multitude of reasons.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #1583 on: January 3, 2020, 12:49:23 am »

#disgrace

No point people chuntering on here as rawk will be responsible for empty seats as much as anyone. I feel like a lone voice on the cancelling of the ticket exchange, but it must be said. Even in these heady days people on here will have the odd spare ticket. I'll bet you there will be a few spares tonight. People sometimes buy tickets to protect their history, accept it and move on. If they couldn't get shot of one tonight, will they hand it back to the club?  No, course they wont. Who knows what effect that could have on priority for future seasons. In previous seasons they would have put on exchange and would have been gratefully accepted by the likes of me.  Now, they go to waste. We are just cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1584 on: January 3, 2020, 01:03:12 am »
Scaremongering at its best.
Or a note to maybe make sure people have ID on them if they got tkts from a Supporters Club. ::)
« Last Edit: January 3, 2020, 01:14:14 am by Shanklygates »

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1585 on: January 3, 2020, 08:39:31 am »

#disgrace

Then I might offend you too.

My husband and I have tickets for the game against Man U and will not both be able to go as my parents was supposed to take the kids but now my mother broke her foot and they cannot take the kids. We can retutn the tickets no later than today but my husband hopes to find a friend that will go with him but if he is not succesfull 1 or 2 seats will go empty as we will be within the 14 days where the tickets can be returned. There can be many other reasons than credit hunting for a seat to be empty.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #1586 on: January 3, 2020, 08:51:41 am »

#disgrace

U9 is the local general sale section isn't it?

Most likely thing that happened is the ticket(s) were passed on or even touted and the club have confiscated them.

I was in U1 last night which is the other side of the local section and it happened to our group, every ticket lighting up red so had to go to the ticket office for a full interrogation. Third time so far this season using these tickets and even then they just about let us in after us arguing the toss and providing whatever ID we had on us. Lad next to me said it's happened to him 7 times in a row, if you're using a local ticket which is not in your name and / or you've got no ID to prove it there's a pretty good chance you won't be getting in

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1587 on: January 3, 2020, 08:52:21 am »
Then I might offend you too.

My husband and I have tickets for the game against Man U and will not both be able to go as my parents was supposed to take the kids but now my mother broke her foot and they cannot take the kids. We can retutn the tickets no later than today but my husband hopes to find a friend that will go with him but if he is not succesfull 1 or 2 seats will go empty as we will be within the 14 days where the tickets can be returned. There can be many other reasons than credit hunting for a seat to be empty.

How come the latest you can return them is today? There are usually tickets popping up in the additional late sales period right up until match days.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: January 3, 2020, 09:01:01 am »
How come the latest you can return them is today? There are usually tickets popping up in the additional late sales period right up until match days.

Members can only return upto 14 days before the match.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1589 on: January 3, 2020, 09:13:50 am »

Those are season ticket returns

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1590 on: January 3, 2020, 10:29:43 am »
Ditto.  We (4) are all on 19 and no checks. 

Same here, thought it would be bad so got there a bit earlier and we were straight in, barely even a queue.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: January 3, 2020, 11:22:42 am »
Wolves was b4 the 13+ people had to register for so maybe it was nothing to do with that. These were all people who got their tickets via OLSC. 

Just reporting what I read. I didn't see any checks either but the guy in front of me had his card flash red and had to go to a steward. 

I know they have the facility to make cards flash red though so maybe that is what they did to selected OLSC tkts. That ties in with the quote above.  They then have to go to the TO to show ID before the card is authorised to use.

I'd imagine it's purely OLSC tickets - ones allocated to the OLSC and then on to the individuals' card? Even then, seems like a dangerous precedent to be setting in any case. I don't bring my wallet to the game. Nor do I feel particularly comfortable with "random" checks which in my experience elsewhere, have never been that random, lol.
YNWA.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #1592 on: January 3, 2020, 12:28:00 pm »
The club have been slow / lazy about members returns, no reason given the massive over demand for tickets that they could not accept returns up to the day before.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1593 on: January 3, 2020, 01:19:56 pm »
I'd imagine it's purely OLSC tickets - ones allocated to the OLSC and then on to the individuals' card? Even then, seems like a dangerous precedent to be setting in any case. I don't bring my wallet to the game. Nor do I feel particularly comfortable with "random" checks which in my experience elsewhere, have never been that random, lol.
I agree, hence why I was warning people (not "scaremongering"). I only bring my ST with me to games as that is all I need so I'd stuck too. I agree I think it's just OSC tickets at the moment.

Interesting what Tame_Impala said though and the local tickets. Might hopefully help with touts if they do it more often, although I feel for local people who bought in their own name if they can't go in as they don't have ID on them. Not sure what ID they require, but I imagine a lot of locals might only have a debit/credit card at the most?

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1594 on: January 3, 2020, 01:28:58 pm »
U9 is the local general sale section isn't it?

Most likely thing that happened is the ticket(s) were passed on or even touted and the club have confiscated them.

I was in U1 last night which is the other side of the local section and it happened to our group, every ticket lighting up red so had to go to the ticket office for a full interrogation. Third time so far this season using these tickets and even then they just about let us in after us arguing the toss and providing whatever ID we had on us. Lad next to me said it's happened to him 7 times in a row, if you're using a local ticket which is not in your name and / or you've got no ID to prove it there's a pretty good chance you won't be getting in

I think there is only about 150 seats in each U1 and U9 for local general sale, just the top corner ones.. I think row 63 and below is normal price and anything to the left(u9)/right(u1) of the stairs is normal price. More general admission tickets in each block than local general sale.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2020, 01:31:43 pm by RebeccaLFC »

Offline tarkens

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1595 on: January 3, 2020, 01:41:28 pm »
I think there is only about 150 seats in each U1 and U9 for local general sale, just the top corner ones.. I think row 63 and below is normal price and anything to the left(u9)/right(u1) of the stairs is normal price. More general admission tickets in each block than local general sale.

yeah I'm in U9 row 60 for all PL games, it's £53/ticket

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1596 on: January 3, 2020, 09:50:13 pm »
Guy directly behind me last night was telling anyone who cared to listen that he’d paid £500 for his ticket from a tout, had to pick it up from a residential address and leave his driving licence. Definitely reporting it. Not sure whether it was a paper ticket or member’s card as I was only earwigging!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1597 on: January 3, 2020, 10:12:33 pm »
Guy directly behind me last night was telling anyone who cared to listen that he’d paid £500 for his ticket from a tout, had to pick it up from a residential address and leave his driving licence. Definitely reporting it. Not sure whether it was a paper ticket or member’s card as I was only earwigging!

Seriously, who’s paying that type of money to watch a game of footy!! The club should be doing more to target these touts as the tourists ain’t gonna stop buying. Ridiculous!!!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: January 3, 2020, 11:14:07 pm »
that guy is a fucking moron as he could have got a corporate for less

Seriously, who’s paying that type of money to watch a game of footy!! The club should be doing more to target these touts as the tourists ain’t gonna stop buying. Ridiculous!!!
should be looking to push the low level corporate tickets to these as ironically it would be a lot cheaper to them, the touts sadly make a killing off the information gap

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: January 3, 2020, 11:53:00 pm »
that guy is a fucking moron as he could have got a corporate for less
should be looking to push the low level corporate tickets to these as ironically it would be a lot cheaper to them, the touts sadly make a killing off the information gap

The problem is the cheapest hospitality, is being bought by credit hunters and raffled off.