Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226555 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1160 on: October 15, 2019, 05:26:38 pm »
New cards for everyone?

Yup. There's a lot of hysteria around this process and people are presuming this means photo ID cards. To avoid confusion they should have told people about the change of members cards towards the end of the season lol
YNWA.

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1161 on: October 15, 2019, 05:45:45 pm »
We phoned up about this and they said send an email via the Fan Update enquiry page with all info on the member plus the passport pic and the extra id pic and it should get sorted.

Thank you 😊

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1162 on: October 15, 2019, 05:53:40 pm »
Had the email today, went to do the update and 1 piece of information is wrong on my details, the date of birth. Updated the details, as I'll be using a driving licence that has your date of birth on it, so thought it best to. Now have to wait for someone to get in contact with me within the next 5 days, all because 1 digit was wrong on my date of birth.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: October 15, 2019, 05:59:56 pm »
My date of birth was wrong as well, but I changed it at the window some time last season. Really glad I did now

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: October 15, 2019, 06:10:46 pm »
Had mine verified, weight off my mind now.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1165 on: October 15, 2019, 06:24:10 pm »
Yup. There's a lot of hysteria around this process and people are presuming this means photo ID cards. To avoid confusion they should have told people about the change of members cards towards the end of the season lol
Interesting,

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: October 15, 2019, 06:32:11 pm »
Interesting,

Anfield wrap thought they were putting photos on cards in the free podcasts out yesterday.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: October 15, 2019, 06:36:07 pm »
Nothing stopping them putting the photos on these cards once everyone’s sent it to them is there?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1168 on: October 15, 2019, 06:39:52 pm »
Nothing stopping them putting the photos on these cards once everyone’s sent it to them is there?

No photos are going on cards.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: October 15, 2019, 06:48:11 pm »
They are making it pretty clear that a. you can only have one card per person and they aren't transferring credits between cards.

I suppose if you can show a good reason why the card with cups is not in his name and that they are 'his' credits you might be able to do something - you can only ask.
The cup games are on his card, it’s the league games on someone else’s card that I need to move. Complicated by the fact that I no longer see the card holder anymore. I have online access but won’t have a passport picture or be able to take him to Anfield. I fear this update is going to make my lad choose cups or leagues and he’ll choose leagues. That will mean 8 years of cup home games lost. Or alternatively I can’t transfer the card name and we lose 5 years of 13+ credits
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:49:43 pm by willss »

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: October 15, 2019, 06:55:05 pm »
The cup games are on his card, it’s the league games on someone else’s card that I need to move. Complicated by the fact that I no longer see the card holder anymore. I have online access but won’t have a passport picture or be able to take him to Anfield. I fear this update is going to make my lad choose cups or leagues and he’ll choose leagues. That will mean 8 years of cup home games lost. Or alternatively I can’t transfer the card name and we lose 5 years of 13+ credits

Contact and explanation from the original owner might help but this is not looking as a principle capable of being done for anyone.

Any explanation why the credits weren't built up on the ST?
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1171 on: October 15, 2019, 07:08:43 pm »
Am I missing something? I thought that Season Ticket Holders weren't being done yet?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: October 15, 2019, 07:26:18 pm »

Should do.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1173 on: October 15, 2019, 07:29:00 pm »
That was very easy. Went through first time and already been verified
I did notice that there would be new smart cards for 20/21 season if you renew the membership

weve only just had new white cards, they said they have a 10 year life span - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: October 15, 2019, 07:52:05 pm »
Contact and explanation from the original owner might help but this is not looking as a principle capable of being done for anyone.

Any explanation why the credits weren't built up on the ST?
There's no ST just two fancards.

This all started in the season when the credits went to 14.  I left one season with 19, 19 & 13.  So the third card lost its credits.  By chance one of the match goers I know had a mate with 14+ credits and had started a job working weekends.  I started to use his card for the youngest and have done for the last 5+ years.  I continued to put the cup credits on my lads card in case he ever wanted the card back.  This has been no issue until now.

I don't want to lose the cup credits on my lads card (its even got a CL final ticket on it from Kiev) or the league credits on the other card as my lad has attended all the games.  If I follow the rules as written, one set of credits will have to be lost.  This doesn't seem right. 

Even my lad didn't have cup credits to lose I'd still have an issue as I've lost contact with the original fancard holder. 

Generally, I agree with the reasons behind these changes but they seem to be causing a lot of collateral damage and potentially preventing a young lad from attending games that he's got the required credits for.

I've thought of a work-around but to be honest I'm not sure what the full process from transferring names is.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: October 15, 2019, 08:28:40 pm »
All it’s  just going to so is stop friends and family’s that have been going for years from going whilst I’m 100% sure all the touts with multiple cards and make all the money will find a way round it all. By letting them change the names it’s just helping them in my opinion, instead of going through the process the club should be doing which is going after every member with multiple cards in same names and addresses individually. Also if credits are transferred in this friends and family system then just watch those with  13+ grow as that’ll just make it easy for groups that go to transfer games to their mates and before you know it they have 13+ now too, so anybody expecting more tickets available I reckon it’s gonna make it much worse.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: October 15, 2019, 08:29:36 pm »
Should do.

No they shouldn't. We're not criminals.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: October 15, 2019, 08:44:18 pm »

At this current time or ever?

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1178 on: October 15, 2019, 09:06:32 pm »
All it’s  just going to so is stop friends and family’s that have been going for years from going whilst I’m 100% sure all the touts with multiple cards and make all the money will find a way round it all. By letting them change the names it’s just helping them in my opinion, instead of going through the process the club should be doing which is going after every member with multiple cards in same names and addresses individually. Also if credits are transferred in this friends and family system then just watch those with  13+ grow as that’ll just make it easy for groups that go to transfer games to their mates and before you know it they have 13+ now too, so anybody expecting more tickets available I reckon it’s gonna make it much worse.
I agree about the transferring of credits between groups to get up to the magical 13(or whatever it is in the future). For that reason it may be best if the credit isn't transferred and is effectively lost to both members. This may cause issue for the club determining the threshold for future sales though.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: October 15, 2019, 09:29:08 pm »
dont need to if it’s on file!

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #1180 on: October 15, 2019, 09:35:49 pm »
I know a tout who's got multiple cards in real peoples names and addresses. Business as normal for him.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1181 on: October 15, 2019, 09:37:21 pm »
dont need to if it’s on file!
They’re all supposed to be deleted after verification. Like to think with FOI requests that could reveal what they do, they wouldn’t risk a real own goal with that.

Personally I don’t really have an issue with photo Id, but clearly some do, and possibly for some it’s because of a lack of trust/faith of what the club may do with our info.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: October 15, 2019, 09:38:35 pm »
I know a tout who's got multiple cards in real peoples names and addresses. Business as normal for him.
If he can get all of those people to complete the update perhaps, but it is just the start of the process of making this work more fairly/transparently.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1183 on: October 15, 2019, 09:40:27 pm »
Phone them this afternoon about my fan update failing and was told I need to wait for them to contact me after I'd filled the form out.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: October 15, 2019, 09:57:06 pm »
No they shouldn't. We're not criminals.

Why would having a picture on a card mean you're a criminal?

If they're going to start checking ID at the turnstiles on the way in, at least you wouldn't have to bring your passport etc to the game, your card is your ID.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: October 15, 2019, 09:59:36 pm »

Well why don't you tell the club he's a tout so they can ban him?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: October 15, 2019, 10:01:08 pm »
They’re all supposed to be deleted after verification. Like to think with FOI requests that could reveal what they do, they wouldn’t risk a real own goal with that.

Personally I don’t really have an issue with photo Id, but clearly some do, and possibly for some it’s because of a lack of trust/faith of what the club may do with our info.

I'm sorry I don't buy that excuse.

They are happy enough to give the club their name, addres and DOB and put their bank details in their system, but a photo is a no-no?

But, we're just going over old ground here.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1187 on: October 15, 2019, 10:13:21 pm »
Oh no the club are going to sell our faces...
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #1188 on: October 15, 2019, 10:18:25 pm »
Well why don't you tell the club he's a tout so they can ban him?

I’m not Merseyside Police mate.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1189 on: October 15, 2019, 10:40:28 pm »
My driving licence uploaded and accepted 1st time.

My dad's passport rejected 1st time - going to go back to take another picture at the end of the week. He doesn't have a new driving licence, has the old paper licence.

Hopefully with a new picture with a black background it'll work - really haven't got the time to be fucking about with this  ::)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1190 on: October 15, 2019, 10:55:02 pm »

I did a GDPR request last summer after I got an e-mail from the club saying my fan-card details had been compromised. They had over 900 pages of information on me, every match I'd ever been, everything I'd bought from the club shop in triplicate but no photo's and nothing that really concerned me.

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #1191 on: October 15, 2019, 11:42:29 pm »
I did a GDPR request last summer after I got an e-mail from the club saying my fan-card details had been compromised. They had over 900 pages of information on me, every match I'd ever been, everything I'd bought from the club shop in triplicate but no photo's and nothing that really concerned me.

Out of interest who did you send it to ?
is there a specific form to use ?
Thanks

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: October 16, 2019, 12:07:17 am »
Out of interest who did you send it to ?
is there a specific form to use ?
Thanks
You might be able to find some generic form on the internet but I’m fairly sure it just needs to be a letter/email quoting the relevant legislation/act

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: October 16, 2019, 12:12:40 am »
You might be able to find some generic form on the internet but I’m fairly sure it just needs to be a letter/email quoting the relevant legislation/act

Just write to the club asking for a data subject access request

From memory they have a set period to respond to meet guidelines. Think it’s a month

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #1194 on: October 16, 2019, 02:26:08 am »
Did my mothers for her and 3 friends did theirs too first thing yesterday. Theirs have been validated, but mine says awaiting verification. Could be I’ve used same email as my season ticket. Going to check again in morning then give club a call.

Online arhey

• Main Stander
« Reply #1195 on: October 16, 2019, 04:20:26 am »

Wtf is that supposed to mean?

Really would like an explanation for this?

Do you mean it’s not my problem so long as my tickets are safe or what?

Offline jbrady10016

• Main Stander
  • They say our days are numbered
« Reply #1196 on: October 16, 2019, 07:31:01 am »
Does this matter if you have no home credits on your membership?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: October 16, 2019, 08:14:55 am »

Fantastic attitude!

Nobody likes a grass, but nobody likes a tout either

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1198 on: October 16, 2019, 08:49:00 am »
You don't think we all have a role to play in stopping the touts? Nothing to do with the Police at the start.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: October 16, 2019, 09:41:44 am »

There are very few duplicate names and addresses (double figures) in the first tranche being asked to update. There is also a limited number overall in the same group compared with the overall number in the ground.

This is mainly about teasing out the teething problems.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892