Author Topic: Liverpool City Council give green light for permanent zipwire  (Read 5785 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Liverpool City Council give green light for permanent zipwire
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2020, 02:49:23 pm »
Where in Wales?

We are talking about Liverpool a city known world wide, with culture, with history, with famous historic buildings, with a famous port, with 2 cathedrals and their impact of faith and culture, with Europe's oldest China town, with The Biggest band of all time, and with a great football club supported all over the world.

I don't think we can compare really.

And don't get me wrong - Wales is a stunning country, but if I was walking in its beautiful landscapes then I WOULD NOT want some screaming fucker whizzing by me.
There is a link to the one in Wales in reply #9 of this thread.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2020, 05:24:54 pm »
Tbf those are all valid points, but he was replying to different points you made previously about employment, etc. so a tad unfair to then shift the argument.

His points are pretty valid. The one in Wales is a massive tourist attraction and does bring people to the area. As will this one. Which in turn increases sales in the local shops, meals bought in local restaurants, drinks downed in local bars, and beds slept in in local hotels - a lot of which are locally owned and employ local people.

So my personal issue isn’t that Liverpool will be the location of this, but more of where abouts in Liverpool it’s being put. There are loads of places imo it could go where it would be better suited.

Nah I didn't shift the argument (but I'd say discussion  ;) ) I had already laid out my fears of the finanicail impact on the city and LiamG (alright Liam no offence meabt mate) had offered his insight regarding the Welsh zip wire so the discussion over onto the location which would affect the cultural impact on the city.

Now I'm all for having a zip wire in Liverpool - if generates cash FOR THE CITY that is - but not just through the historic heritage parts of the Liverpool.

Hell, I'm friggin scared of height s but I am willing to go on this thing with Liam and you Craig if it's anywhere but through the town  :wave

Penrhyn Quarry.  Only know this because I watched some fella walk some old railway lines on Channel 5 and he did it.

Quarry is still active, btw.

Cheers for that  :)

There is a link to the one in Wales in reply #9 of this thread.

Nice one mate  :)

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2020, 08:11:06 pm »
Nah I didn't shift the argument (but I'd say discussion  ;) ) I had already laid out my fears of the finanicail impact on the city and LiamG (alright Liam no offence meabt mate) had offered his insight regarding the Welsh zip wire so the discussion over onto the location which would affect the cultural impact on the city.

Now I'm all for having a zip wire in Liverpool - if generates cash FOR THE CITY that is - but not just through the historic heritage parts of the Liverpool.

Hell, I'm friggin scared of height s but I am willing to go on this thing with Liam and you Craig if it's anywhere but through the town  :wave

Cheers for that  :)

Nice one mate  :)

None taken! :)

Everyone has their views, there was probably some locals here that didn't want the one in wales built but as i said its brought in so much money for the area which has definitely eased some peoples views, plus its in an old quarry so not that visible anyway but you can hear it in the local village

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2020, 08:44:39 pm »
Funny. I was walking through St.Johns gardens this avvy.

Lovely sunny, listening to the birds singing. People reading books. Lovers canoodling on the grass (respectfully), in the shadow of the trees. People on benches, sunbathing, or chatting away.

All in all, a model of tranquillity, and peaceful contemplation.

I can only imagine the annoyance as Dave from Stoke, screaming across the sky, like. "AAAAAAAAAAAAHH!" at the top of his lungs.

:no :no :no :no :no :no :no   :butt :'(

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2020, 08:07:17 am »
How about an underground one from Concert Square to Mathew Street with a free sewer tour, be great for the stag and hens with their funny as fuck t shirts on we could keep the rats amused and earn some tourist money at the same time

With a side tunnel straight to the cells in old Cheapside - that's a tourist attraction, built by French prisoners of war, allegedly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2020, 10:22:57 am »
How about an underground one from Concert Square to Mathew Street with a free sewer tour, be great for the stag and hens with their funny as fuck t shirts on we could keep the rats amused and earn some tourist money at the same time

How about in the Edge Hill tunnels?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2020, 06:18:35 pm »
How long before the first pair of trainers gets looped around it?

:wave

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2020, 01:58:15 pm »
I had to do it didn't I  :wave

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2020, 04:45:28 pm »
The Echo pulled out the big guns today for their latest propaganda piece. Prime lizard c*nt himself Pete Price.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/im-no-daredevil-ill-give-18831882

Starts by saying he did a zipline off the liver building then ends by saying it must happen because there's nowhere else to put it in the city..

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2020, 09:32:39 pm »
The Echo pulled out the big guns today for their latest propaganda piece. Prime lizard c*nt himself Pete Price.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/im-no-daredevil-ill-give-18831882

Starts by saying he did a zipline off the liver building then ends by saying it must happen because there's nowhere else to put it in the city..

here's a radical idea:

How about we put it nowhere at all?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #50 on: September 2, 2020, 04:06:39 pm »
Joe Anderson has told them they can't use the library (or any other council owned property) so current plans have been shelved while they look for a new landing point from St John's beacon

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-puts-halt-controversial-18867276

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #51 on: September 4, 2020, 01:11:23 pm »
Joe Anderson has told them they can't use the library (or any other council owned property) so current plans have been shelved while they look for a new landing point from St John's beacon

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-puts-halt-controversial-18867276

all the super scouse twitter accounts will be gutted they wont get £25 off the council to promote it anymore

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #52 on: September 4, 2020, 01:27:56 pm »
My objection to the idea was that it would go over a) the park bench in St John's Garden dedicated as a Sun newspaper free zone and b) the HJC-commissioned memorial.

So the latest seems to suggest that Chippy Tits has succeeded in making sure this doesn't happen (using the listed council buildings argument)?

Is it planned to be long enough to end in the Albert Dock? Preferably right in it.......

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53 on: September 4, 2020, 02:14:48 pm »
The Neo Classical buildings of William Brown Street were truly the wrong jumping off point for the whole project, and the councilors who passed it need to hang their heads in shame.

I've never had an objection to the project in principal, just it terminating at that location.

You're not telling me, there is not another flat roof location, anywhere in the city centre that can accommodate the anchoring of the cables?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 4, 2020, 04:20:46 pm »
Relocate from the Liver Buildings to the Bitterdome with the added attraction of avoiding the sewage works.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 5, 2020, 09:52:05 am »
They could put this somehwere between the docks, jump off the tobacco warehouse maybe. Or start at the top of Everton park and land at the docks. Fantastic view of the city, not in the way of anything, and would draw some attention and maybe business towards the neglected parts of the city.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 5, 2020, 11:10:46 am »
They could put this somehwere between the docks, jump off the tobacco warehouse maybe. Or start at the top of Everton park and land at the docks. Fantastic view of the city, not in the way of anything, and would draw some attention and maybe business towards the neglected parts of the city.

Or in the South End, top of Camp Hill, over the Cemetary and landing in Clarke Gardens.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #57 on: September 5, 2020, 11:49:38 am »
all the super scouse twitter accounts will be gutted they wont get £25 off the council to promote it anymore

Surprised "scouse Twitter" finds the time in between the homophobia and telling teenage girls to kill themselves.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 5, 2020, 11:58:02 am »
Surprised "scouse Twitter" finds the time in between the homophobia and telling teenage girls to kill themselves.

Every day that passes I'm more and more pleased I don't subscribe to Twitter.

What with the cowardly anonymity on Twitter (he said tongue in cheek whilst being anonymous) I'm not sure how anyone can determine where a Twitterer lives so how do we know they are Scouse?

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 7, 2020, 03:51:51 pm »

That's a bit of sweeping geralisation mate, not sure what account you're referring to but probably shouldn't label 'scouse twitter' homophobic?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #60 on: September 8, 2020, 12:35:59 pm »
That's a bit of sweeping geralisation mate, not sure what account you're referring to but probably shouldn't label 'scouse twitter' homophobic?

There's a little gang of rats with lots of followers who are always at it, but yeah, obviously I don't mean every Twitter account ran by a scouser - hence putting that phrase in quote marks.