Author Topic: The Liverpool's owners plan stadium sign  (Read 55745 times)

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Liverpool's owners plan stadium sign
« on: January 16, 2015, 12:11:04 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpools-us-owners-plan-stadium-sign-that-will-put-manchester-uniteds-in-the-shade-9981718.html

Liverpool’s American owners are considering creating an iconic exterior sign on the club’s new Main Stand, marking out Anfield as home to “The Liverpool Football Club”, The Independent understands.

It would be the Anfield side’s equivalent to their old rivals’ own legendary name in lights – the bright “Manchester United” at the front of Old Trafford, which is one of that club’s most famous vistas. But using the article “The” before Liverpool is an interesting part of the consideration for Fenway Sports Group.

The official name of the club – whose new Main Stand will take Anfield’s capacity to 54,000 and may increase annual match-day revenues by £25m – is “The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited”. So “The Liverpool Football Club” would fit with that, but it would also be a more distinguished way of defining the custodians of the stadium.

What Everton fans would have to say is another matter, as they would challenge any notion that the team across Stanley Park is “The” club in Liverpool. Liverpool, for that matter, could say that Everton’s claim to be “The People’s Club” gives the red half of the city the right to call themselves exactly what they want.

There is no suggestion that Liverpool’s owners, whose consultations with supporters and the local community over Anfield’s redevelopment have been exhaustive, might be seeking a broader type of rebranding. But the iconic red lettering, on Anfield’s elevated land, could become a landmark visible from distances across the city.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:40:49 pm by Alan_X »
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Re: Liverpool's owners plan stadium sign
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 12:43:02 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpools-us-owners-plan-stadium-sign-that-will-put-manchester-uniteds-in-the-shade-9981718.html
But the iconic red lettering, on Anfield’s elevated land, could become a landmark visible from distances across the city.

Maybe with "Forever in our shadow" underneath so our delightful blue friends on County Road can see it.  :wave
We are Liverpool!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:42:05 am »
Maybe with "Forever in our shadow" underneath so our delightful blue friends on County Road can see it.  :wave

I imagine the new stands will be so big that will exactly be what happpens.  ;D

As an aside though, this proposed sign, doesn't it smack more of a thumbing the nose at The People's Club rather than Old Trafford?

THE Liverpool Football Club, as opposed to merely a district in Liverpool.... ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:43:20 am »
would prefer it to just say "LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 10:12:17 am »

Me too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:24:52 pm »
No need for the 'The' in my opinion but at the same time I'm not overly concerned about such things!

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 02:47:06 pm »

and me

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 03:26:39 pm »
how about This is Anfield instead
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 04:36:28 pm »

I like the use of 'The'.  Not sure why, maybe because it sends a message to the bitters.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 04:39:32 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 04:45:47 pm »

Liverpool’s American owners are considering creating an iconic exterior sign on the club’s new Main Stand, marking out Anfield as home to “The Liverpool Football Club”, The Independent understands.

Don't like the "The" but think a big sign with either "Liverpool Football Club" or "This is Anfield" would look good.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 05:18:37 pm »
Thank's to 4Pool from the Everton thread. I thought this should be on here as well or if not in the Stadium forum.

It would be the Anfield side’s equivalent to their old rivals’ own legendary name in lights – the bright “Manchester United” at the front of Old Trafford, which is one of that club’s most famous vistas. But using the article “The” before Liverpool is an interesting part of the consideration for Fenway Sports Group.

The official name of the club – whose new Main Stand will take Anfield’s capacity to 54,000 and may increase annual match-day revenues by £25m – is “The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited”. So “The Liverpool Football Club” would fit with that, but it would also be a more distinguished way of defining the custodians of the stadium.

What Everton fans would have to say is another matter, as they would challenge any notion that the team across Stanley Park is “The” club in Liverpool. Liverpool, for that matter, could say that Everton’s claim to be “The People’s Club” gives the red half of the city the right to call themselves exactly what they want.

There is no suggestion that Liverpool’s owners, whose consultations with supporters and the local community over Anfield’s redevelopment have been exhaustive, might be seeking a broader type of rebranding. But the iconic red lettering, on Anfield’s elevated land, could become a landmark visible from distances across the city.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 05:36:54 pm »
I hope it's displayed towards Woodison across Stanley Park, and projected into the sky in the evening.  Imagine the fume.  ;)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline simbo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 06:26:37 pm »
I hope it's displayed towards Woodison across Stanley Park, and projected into the sky in the evening.  Imagine the fume.  ;)
[/b]

8) 8) like it

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 06:43:09 pm »
Not as good as them naming their shop Everton Two, but it'll still piss them off, so I'm all for it  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 06:45:00 pm »
I really like that idea. If it annoys Everton fans, even better.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 07:09:04 pm »
with a giant middle finger?

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 07:19:45 pm »
Up the arse.nal.

No tar.

Liverpool
Liverpool FC

We know who we are.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 07:28:37 pm »
We are the liverpool
Tra la la la la

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 07:31:24 pm »
Let the ground stand for itself. No need for a sign.

Why would we want to copy the mancs anyway?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 07:41:29 pm »
"In my the Liverpool home..........."

Fuck's sake.......what next? "This Is The Anfield"?

No need for a definite article - we know who we are.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 07:48:12 pm »
Merged and moved
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 07:53:53 pm »
god no, embarrassing. don't imagine for a second that it'll get anywhere near going ahead though

doesn't seem like a dig at everton, just using the business name. and frankly who gives a fuck about that, or about trying to wind everton up. we do that enough with the football

Offline larrikin

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 08:06:10 pm »
I really like that idea. If it annoys Everton fans, even better.
It is so boring to see how some posters on RAWK are obsessed with Everton. A story about a possible sign at the new Anfield and they are incapable of making any kind of sensible observation without bringing in our neighbours across the park. Bitters this, bitters that, blah, blah, blah... ad nauseam.
Why are their little minds so fixated on Everton?
It's so, so sad, even more so because they do not have the limited brain power required to realise how pathetic their crude attempts at comments show they are. 

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 08:31:06 pm »
It is so boring to see how some posters on RAWK are obsessed with Everton. A story about a possible sign at the new Anfield and they are incapable of making any kind of sensible observation without bringing in our neighbours across the park. Bitters this, bitters that, blah, blah, blah... ad nauseam.
It's so, so sad, even more so because they do not have the limited brain power required to realise how pathetic their crude attempts at comments show they are.

Are you being ironic ?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 09:07:05 pm »
It's too close to "The Arsenal" which I don't care for. We Are Liverpool would be slightly better, but not great. Liverpool Football Club is fine.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 09:14:19 pm »
I think it's a good idea that the stadium will be seen across the skyline but not sure about the 'The'. Liverpool Football Club would be better.

Offline larrikin

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 09:47:29 pm »
Are you being ironic ?
I'll put this as plainly, as succinctly, as clearly as I can: No.
These Bitter obsessives are just proving what sad Sourpusses they are.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 09:56:53 pm »
 :roger

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 10:12:06 pm »

Barrell of laughs aren't ya.
I think most of it is in retaliation with regards to their little minds being so fixated on us

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 10:16:00 pm »
I smells a bitter.

No trophies for 20 years.....

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 10:18:12 pm »
Tacky in the extreme but the thought of them gurning twisted bluenoses fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmin makes me warm to the idea.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 10:27:43 pm »
Dawn breaks on an early October morn, the sun rises catching that world famous wide shouldered Kop and letting its warming rays stretch the solid cast stone.
The sun keeps on rising, bathing the new 3 tier main stand, in warming sun, massaging the Kemlyn Road and throwing a mighty red shadow onto, and beyond Stanley park, even further out to that once old happy stomping ground of an away end, which is now a much lauded, but never supportive, home end - an end bathed under the shadow of the greatest football stadium in the world.

Forever in our shadow.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 10:51:29 pm »
I think it sounds daft. No need to be using a sign as a dig at the bitters (though I'm not sure that's really the motivation). Our trophy count does that well enough.
'The' works in the context of 'The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited' because it refers to the limited company. But it doesn't sound right to me in 'The Liverpool Football Club'. Sounds like they're just over thinking it.

Liverpool Football Club would be fine. Keep it simple and modest, in keeping with the club's ethos. Let the mancs have their tacky, shiny sign.

Offline larrikin

• Main Stander
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 01:03:31 am »
Barrell of laughs aren't ya.
I think most of it is in retaliation with regards to their little minds being so fixated on us
You think? Well think again. The bitterness comes from a handful of youngsters and Johnny-come-latelys with limited knowledge of Merseyside football who spew out their bile because they don't know better. They have no class and are boring, like all sourpusses.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2015, 01:17:36 am »
Couldn't care either way really

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 01:20:26 am »
That Liverpool Football Club
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 01:22:39 am »
like revista la liga and revista de la liga?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 01:29:33 am »
Sounds very American.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 01:35:37 am »
I actually don't mind having 'The Liverpool Football Club' on the outside of the new main stand. I think it would look okay  :)

"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 01:38:01 am »
That  does look's good mate.  :D