Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3286808 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #27440 on: September 28, 2022, 10:14:39 am »
Just heard it

#proud  ;D

Haha, yeah my finest hour.

Although a bit mortified if they thought my Carlton Cole shout was genuine. :D Gattusso, Deschamps and Victor Valdes were great shouts

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27441 on: September 28, 2022, 11:28:00 am »
Haha, yeah my finest hour.

Although a bit mortified if they thought my Carlton Cole shout was genuine. :D Gattusso, Deschamps and Victor Valdes were great shouts

Listened to it last night.  It was great to have that extra  interest having a question Ive asked.  Joe Coles debut was a great answer too.

I got the impression Neil has never heard of Bob Bolder, forgivable as hes a bit younger than us.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27442 on: September 28, 2022, 11:34:22 am »
Listened to it last night.  It was great to have that extra  interest having a question Ive asked.  Joe Coles debut was a great answer too.

I got the impression Neil has never heard of Bob Bolder, forgivable as hes a bit younger than us.

Bob Boulder! Good shout. Think he was on our bench for ages then moved to Charlton and Aldridge out a couple past him on the opening day when Rushy returned?

Was thinking about your question, and maybe I’ve been lucky and not seen us lose too many big games (a couple to United in the late 99s we’re a bit shit) but mine was the joke defeat to Leicester in April 1999. In itself a bit unremarkable, if mildly depressing but it was the same night United came back to beat Juve in Turin and the mood was just completely miserable.

Offline ewok-red-97

• Main Stander
  • go easy, step lightly, stay free
« Reply #27443 on: September 28, 2022, 11:43:37 am »
Would be great to see TAW do something on the current Dockers strike. Lots of messages of support/solidarity being sent out by ex-players and others like Jamie Webster, Paddy the Baddy, and Meatball Molly.

You can also download a poster and send a message of solidarity here:

https://www.unitetheunion.org/campaigns/back-the-liverpool-docks-strike/

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27444 on: September 28, 2022, 01:27:02 pm »
Was thinking about your question, and maybe I’ve been lucky and not seen us lose too many big games (a couple to United in the late 99s we’re a bit shit) but mine was the joke defeat to Leicester in April 1999. In itself a bit unremarkable, if mildly depressing but it was the same night United came back to beat Juve in Turin and the mood was just completely miserable.

I was actually looking for a specific moment.  like a goal, a miss sending off.  But people have gone for matches.  Blackpool and Wolves are good examples of our decline. Must admit I was watching the game in Turin that night, also horrific. 

Forlan has inflicted us to some terrible moments for 2 different clubs.

Bob Boulder! Good shout. Think he was on our bench for ages then moved to Charlton and Aldridge out a couple past him on the opening day when Rushy returned?

Thats some Statto level knowledge there Nick
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27445 on: September 28, 2022, 08:30:59 pm »
18 days between Liverpool games…I’ve been listening in the past couple of weeks as usual but looking forward to match-based content. Been ages!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27446 on: September 28, 2022, 08:59:21 pm »
Can you email help@theanfieldwrap.com please mate?

All sorted now, thanks!

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27447 on: September 28, 2022, 10:42:10 pm »
Just noticed I had £8.00 in my PayPal account, so thought I’d jump back on the audio subscription. Feels good to be back!

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #27448 on: September 30, 2022, 10:55:23 am »
Just noticed I had £8.00 in my PayPal account, so thought I’d jump back on the audio subscription. Feels good to be back!

Yess 👊

If you scroll back on the app there's The Evolution of Analytics with Rory Smith, The Season So Far Review, Liverpool's Midfield - Past, Present, Future that were all popular and then the Bundesliga Latest was really interesting on Sadio Mane & Bellingham!

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27449 on: September 30, 2022, 11:24:14 am »
Yess 👊

If you scroll back on the app there's The Evolution of Analytics with Rory Smith, The Season So Far Review, Liverpool's Midfield - Past, Present, Future that were all popular and then the Bundesliga Latest was really interesting on Sadio Mane & Bellingham!

Nice one, Craig. That’s boxed me off and should take me through to finishing work for the weekend!

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27450 on: September 30, 2022, 11:27:49 pm »
I for one am glad Mr Rob Gutmann is back to overview the ass off the next month.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27451 on: October 1, 2022, 08:38:52 pm »
"The elephant in the room is that United are shite"

No David Mooney, the elephant in the room is that your club are 100% fake and killing football, and you refuse to acknowledge it, and pretend they're 100% legit.

I know he's reasonable enough on the football stuff, but it's like the fan equivalent of Eddie Howe - absolutely no intention of discussing what, and who, has brought City to where they are, and continually talking about the club as though they've earned their success and its completely natural they're at the top. I know I can't expect the guy to wollow in misery and apologise, but honestly, no countenancing of the reality at all? - that does my head in. Even that absolute weapon Ste Tudor was more willing to discuss their ownership.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 08:41:52 pm by decosabute »

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27452 on: October 1, 2022, 08:46:55 pm »
I for one am glad Mr Rob Gutmann is back to overview the ass off the next month.

Love the Overview, but have no idea why it comes out right before we play our first game in weeks, which instantly renders it somewhat out of date. I hadn't had a chance to listen to it yet, and now us fucking up the Brighton game changes the picture completely and makes whatever is said on the show less meaningful.

Sorry, I know I'm nitpicking a bit, but just thought the timing was strange and it would've been nicer to have it some time during the past two weeks, when there was nothing to talk about anyway.

Offline Leivashire

• Main Stander
« Reply #27453 on: October 2, 2022, 05:00:42 am »
Pink was spot on with letting the team get old and tired on our watch.

Violent agreement with Kev, yes we ask a lot but it also isn’t that complicated with signing midfielders. If you watch any other football you’ll see our bar low.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27454 on: October 2, 2022, 10:02:42 am »
That Pink was very entertaining. The odd thing is that both Andy and Kev have perfectly sound arguments. I do lean towards Andy's way of thinking in that recruitment isn't easy. However, when you start the season so poorly, it's absolutely fair game to question the state of the squad and the management of the squad in terms of succession.

To the untrained ear it was a lot of shouting...but it was actually a genuinely decent debate.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27455 on: October 2, 2022, 10:12:40 am »
Love the Overview, but have no idea why it comes out right before we play our first game in weeks, which instantly renders it somewhat out of date. I hadn't had a chance to listen to it yet, and now us fucking up the Brighton game changes the picture completely and makes whatever is said on the show less meaningful.

Sorry, I know I'm nitpicking a bit, but just thought the timing was strange and it would've been nicer to have it some time during the past two weeks, when there was nothing to talk about anyway.

Yes, poor timing, and given our schedule and not having many games, a bit lazy. On the positives there was a new guy Ive never heard before, Ashley Getty. He was very good.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27456 on: October 2, 2022, 10:46:05 am »
That Pink was very entertaining. The odd thing is that both Andy and Kev have perfectly sound arguments. I do lean towards Andy's way of thinking in that recruitment isn't easy. However, when you start the season so poorly, it's absolutely fair game to question the state of the squad and the management of the squad in terms of succession.

To the untrained ear it was a lot of shouting...but it was actually a genuinely decent debate.

Thought it was thge best Pink for a while.  Much better than listening to Gibbo slur his words in the away end.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #27457 on: October 2, 2022, 12:12:50 pm »
The Pink was definitely something. I actually have sympathy with Kev's growing frustration throughout it. Anyone who doesn't think that there's a better player than Henderson out there for us is a moron who deserves shouting at, frankly. That's just child-like bias.

Post match pint's ending was glorious too.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27458 on: October 3, 2022, 12:07:43 pm »
Kev Walsh was practically unlistenable.

He's a right to be frustrated and I don't necessarily disagree with his points.

The way he spoke to Andy (I think) was nothing short of disgraceful. I certainly wouldn't have stood for it.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27459 on: October 3, 2022, 12:17:50 pm »
Haven’t listened to any post match or review stuff from the Brighton game. Not sure I want to. In a “it’s not you, it’s me” kind of way. Used to enjoy the bad result pods sometimes as a bit of therapy but struggling with it at the moment. I’ll be glory hunting my way back on the bandwagon soon enough hopefully.

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27460 on: October 3, 2022, 12:19:57 pm »
Enjoyed the Pink. Pretty heated, but nothing wrong with that. Nice change up of the sometimes too laissez-faire when we perform really poorly.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27461 on: October 3, 2022, 12:33:21 pm »
Haven’t listened to any post match or review stuff from the Brighton game. Not sure I want to. In a “it’s not you, it’s me” kind of way. Used to enjoy the bad result pods sometimes as a bit of therapy but struggling with it at the moment. I’ll be glory hunting my way back on the bandwagon soon enough hopefully.

Maybe avoid the Pink, but Neil hosting the PMP, I did find therapeutic.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2022, 12:35:29 pm by Kenny's Jacket »

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27462 on: October 3, 2022, 01:33:32 pm »
Free show was a good listen.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27463 on: October 3, 2022, 03:37:56 pm »
Enjoyed the Pink. Pretty heated, but nothing wrong with that. Nice change up of the sometimes too laissez-faire when we perform really poorly.

same, I liked the frustration. go 'ed Kev
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline WoodenHanger

• Ursine Wanger.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #27464 on: October 3, 2022, 06:10:55 pm »
Listening to the Review show of Brighton.

The lads talk at length about how Liverpool routinely keep making bad decisions when we're in a crisis situation. They reference several times how when a player needs help, none of the other lads are there to help out. Lots of references to how Liverpool simply aren't doing the things they know how to do.

The answer for me is fairly simplistic but I think I'm right, they're just fucking knackered. Tired.

When you're tired you make bad decisions. You miss things. You may make the right decision eventually but you're too late.

Andy Murray had an issue early in his career and he assumed he needed to improve his technique but actually it was his conditioning letting him down, which meant later in games he was simply too tired to execute the shots he wanted.

I think what we're seeing with Liverpool is a lack of legs. A lack of mobility to cover the ground needed to play in this system we created 3 years ago.

When you're absolutely knackered it's very very hard to think clearly. So when you're seeing players make mad decisions. When you're seeing Trent literally miss the ball, then get ragged, then slice a clearance, it's not because he's a fucking shit footballer or he's an idiot, it's because he's absolutely shattered and it's all he can muster up.

I didn't hear any reference to the actual conditioning of the team in the main show or the review. I think it's fairly obvious the main players from the last 3-4 years are all out on their feet. Look at our worst performers this season. Trent, Virgil, Fabinho, Salah, Henderson, Robertson. All played outrageous amounts of football.

Who have been our better players? Diaz, Elliot, Thiago (when available), Firmino (Barely played last season).

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #27465 on: October 4, 2022, 04:10:20 pm »
Does anyone know what Neil's problem is with James Richardson and Totally Football?  It's been mentioned as a throwaway comment a few times now and, as a fan of both, I don't like the bad feeling ;D  :P

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27466 on: October 4, 2022, 04:31:12 pm »
Does anyone know what Neil's problem is with James Richardson and Totally Football?  It's been mentioned as a throwaway comment a few times now and, as a fan of both, I don't like the bad feeling ;D  :P
Also does anyone know what Southgate has said about Trent that has irked Neil so much?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27467 on: October 4, 2022, 04:52:31 pm »
Also does anyone know what Southgate has said about Trent that has irked Neil so much?

Along the lines of "Trippiers all round game is better"

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27468 on: October 5, 2022, 11:47:36 am »
James Richardson has been interviewed on TAW...or have I dreamt that?

I remember Richardson mentioning TAW a few years ago. He'd hosted a podcast awards and Richardson made a kind of sarcastic remark about the TAW guys who collected their award. Something about them being "confident" or something.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #27469 on: October 5, 2022, 04:41:20 pm »
James Richardson has been interviewed on TAW...or have I dreamt that?

I remember Richardson mentioning TAW a few years ago. He'd hosted a podcast awards and Richardson made a kind of sarcastic remark about the TAW guys who collected their award. Something about them being "confident" or something.
I'm sure I've heard Neil on TFS too within the last couple of years.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27470 on: October 6, 2022, 09:32:19 am »
Was interesting - a few weeks ago - that the TAW subscriptions spiked when Liverpool signed Arthur. Given his complete lack of involvement it shows that fans just love transfer stuff above substantial football stuff.

I forgot to mention at the time that when Neil said (paraphrasing) "The subscriptions were a record high because of Arthur" it confused me momentarily because of how he pronounced the name...I thought he said: "The subscriptions were a record high because of our TAW" and for a brief moment I considered how sweet it was that Neil used 'Our TAW' to refer to his own business. Obviously, he was simply pronouncing Melo's name in the correct way rather than the anglicised way as in 'Arthur Daley'.

Anyway...just thought I would share my thoughts on this utterly inconsequential of matters.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27471 on: October 6, 2022, 10:16:39 am »
Was interesting - a few weeks ago - that the TAW subscriptions spiked when Liverpool signed Arthur. Given his complete lack of involvement it shows that fans just love transfer stuff above substantial football stuff.

I forgot to mention at the time that when Neil said (paraphrasing) "The subscriptions were a record high because of Arthur" it confused me momentarily because of how he pronounced the name...I thought he said: "The subscriptions were a record high because of our TAW" and for a brief moment I considered how sweet it was that Neil used 'Our TAW' to refer to his own business. Obviously, he was simply pronouncing Melo's name in the correct way rather than the anglicised way as in 'Arthur Daley'.

Anyway...just thought I would share my thoughts on this utterly inconsequential of matters.

It is interesting to me as it’s the total opposite of how I am, I love transfer stuff but not just signing any player.

I haven’t listened to a minute of any of the Arthur stuff because I just can’t get excited by it. I may end up being proven wrong but to me I’m so fucked off that the club spent the summer telling everyone they didn’t need a midfielder, to then end up signing one out of desperation on deadline day, that it just takes any enjoyment out of it for me.

Probably in the minority there to be fair.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27472 on: October 8, 2022, 03:35:50 am »

I forgot to mention at the time that when Neil said (paraphrasing) "The subscriptions were a record high because of Arthur"

Missed a lot of shows recently, can you remember which one Neil said this on?  Are TAW subscription levels viewable somewhere? (publicly)
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 03:41:18 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #27473 on: October 8, 2022, 06:51:15 am »
Andy's 'Kepa is actually a really good keeper' is one of the worst shouts I've heard in a while   ;D
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27474 on: October 8, 2022, 02:29:38 pm »
Missed a lot of shows recently, can you remember which one Neil said this on?  Are TAW subscription levels viewable somewhere? (publicly)
Can’t remember which show. Early September I think. Don’t know about subscriber numbers

Online Sonofthewind

• Main Stander
  • Cheers like
« Reply #27475 on: October 9, 2022, 10:12:44 am »
Was there no Friday AFQ this week?

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #27476 on: October 9, 2022, 12:21:57 pm »
Was there no Friday AFQ this week?

No, there was a Head to Head quiz on Jürgen’s reign instead

Online Sonofthewind

• Main Stander
  • Cheers like
« Reply #27477 on: October 10, 2022, 09:08:43 am »
Ah thanks. Could do with the laughs when the reds are this shite though.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27478 on: October 10, 2022, 09:25:42 am »
Ah thanks. Could do with the laughs when the reds are this shite though.

Post match show is decent actually. Thought I’d struggle with it but feel slightly better for listening (even though it’s understandably downbeat).

Offline The Last Known Survivor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27479 on: October 10, 2022, 02:29:30 pm »
Can’t remember which show. Early September I think. Don’t know about subscriber numbers

Think it was on a midnight caller