Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179536 times)

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #440 on: August 18, 2013, 08:00:42 am »
Enjoyed it generally - right up to the point BT Sport asked for a login, stopped working and repeatedly got stuck at the login screen. Pirate Stream it is then BT. (80 mins in so it was vaguely forgivable)

Generally I've found BT Sport fine. Except one moment where David James reckoned Newcastle could buy James Milner. Nope nope nope.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #441 on: August 18, 2013, 09:30:54 am »
I'm pretty sure Halsey is there to explain the difficult decisions in the game. There were none yesterday, so yeah it was pointless, but I suppose it might be at least slightly interesting when we get some sort of controversial decision.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: August 18, 2013, 09:54:45 am »
Oh come on BT! Michael owen? really? and did I see a live band playing in the studio after the match to a montage of the game? seriously WTF. That said its better than skys live audience thing. Just awfull. I just want plain, no frills football game coverage with knowledgeable, inoffensive people for a change. Is that too much to ask?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #443 on: August 18, 2013, 10:16:17 am »
A small point but a large bugbear is the graphics being at the bottom of the screen and the 'in-game' pop up of the manager reactions

If they're at the top of the page, where the crowd is, it's not so bad but the graphics cut out half the game and why does the right hand side need to say BT Sport HD all the fucking time? I know what channel I'm watching it on, there should be a small graphic with the score and even then only every now and then

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #444 on: August 18, 2013, 10:31:03 am »
had a decent stream from BT all the way through the game (still waiting for my 10m ethernet lead). So have to say I was pretty happy with it. Really good stream and picture quality. The analysis is normally banal anyway no matter what the channel. How they can talk for so long and ask pointless questions about nothing is beyond me.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: August 18, 2013, 12:22:27 pm »
Bunch of moaning gets you's like! :D
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: August 18, 2013, 01:21:41 pm »
It seemed to me that there were fewer replays of significant moments yesterday, compared to Sky's coverage. The production company - I forget who it is - have it written into their contract that if they miss a goal because of a replay they get hit with a hefty fine, so I wonder whether fewer replays is the natural result of that.

I still don't like the scorebar at the bottom. Sky tried this at the start of, I think, the 2007/08 season, and reverted back to the top-left after a few games and a massive outcry. The problem with having it at the bottom is that it's far more likely to obscure the action down there. With fewer people watching and a desire to be seen as a bit different, I doubt BT will change it though.

I watched a little bit of their 3pm programme, just out of curiosity, and I thought it was a bit odd. It was trying to be Soccer Saturday but with a bit of a difference. So you had the scrolling live scores and the pundits watching a handful of games, but then you had Jake Humphrey wandering round chatting to various people and (I'm told, as it happened after I'd turned over to the cricket) showing bits of the rugby sevens that was on BT Sport 2 at the same time. Dealing with the 3pm games was an issue for Setanta too. They tried to work a proper results service into the build-up to their 5.30 game, but only from 4pm, which was strange (they tried something involving fans on Setanta Sports News, but the less said about that the better). ESPN came on air at a couple of different times, but didn't specifically work in any results service into their build-up; they just gave the scores at full-time, if I recall correctly. It's a bit of a dead zone for BT because they can't show any football at 3pm on Saturdays, so they either need to move the rugby over to BT Sport 1 or fill it with something else, I think. If people want live scores, they're probably watching Soccer Saturday or Score.

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: August 18, 2013, 02:43:24 pm »
Should have gone for Pat Nevin to pair with Macca, he's one of the better analysts around these days.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: August 18, 2013, 04:39:13 pm »
The Dortmund v Braunschweig (???) game is on now. Mkhitaryan's first competitive game.

Seeing as they've only got one Premier League match a week I'll be using this channel more for Serie A and Bundesliga. So far the coverage seems pretty decent.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #449 on: August 18, 2013, 05:25:59 pm »
If anyone is a member of Thebox (seemingly the only place where you can download Baker & Kelly's VSPO) and would like to help a brother out with an invite I'd be much obliged.....cheers
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: August 18, 2013, 09:25:13 pm »
In general the pundits are shite. Michael Owen especially, bloody hell he's mundane and asinine at times. Most of them are mundane in fact, James, Hargreaves... meh. Humphries is a good presenter though - been a fan since his BBC F1 days, which I still regard as some of the best programming I've ever seen in sports. Such a shame that broke up after the cuts at the BBC really. Anyway, I enjoyed his meeting/interview with Rodgers at Melwood shown in the build up to the game.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
This is probably the wrong thread for this, but I need a rant.

The monopolies commission correctly identified a problem with Sky Sports' monopoly of broadcasting Premier League Football.  They correctly said customers should be able to choose who they pay to watch it.  There should be a competitive market.

So they basically allow the Premier League to sell packages as exclusive to one broadcaster as long as one broadcaster doesn't get them all.  It is still a monopoly situation, they've just created another one.  The Premier League could sell more, for more money.  Sky could still charge the same, and the public would need to pay even more to watch all the televised games of their team.

It really is a disgrace.

To stop a monopoly, you need to provide choice about where to buy the same product.

This whole business with BT and Virgin is about BT trying to take customers from Virgin, so making it impossible for virgin to get their channels at a decent price.  They are in bed with Sky as virgin cable TV customers will probably go to Sky TV and knock Virgin out of the market altogether.

Well played monopolies commission.  What started with the right intentions will end up doing the complete opposite of what you wanted.

If they had forced some matches onto free-to-view TV, it would have been far more effective.

You are bang on mate.

Agree completely. Completely shambolic. Either the people who organised it are stupid or they don't give a fuck. Or both.

I know which one my money is on!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline EFoley1991

• Kopite
« Reply #452 on: August 19, 2013, 01:10:08 am »
Added sky sports to my bundle to on skys website today, it was on my tv in about 15 minutes i was quite surprised.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: August 19, 2013, 09:33:01 am »
I'm getting the same - totally free streaming in great quality.

Ditto.

The only reason I can think why this is happening because when they closed down LOF I had an active subscription and they have just carried it over.

Would definitely sign up again if/when my subscription runs out. It’s a brilliant site.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #454 on: August 19, 2013, 11:45:15 am »
I watched our game Saturday on this, with Virgin currently, and I have to admit it wasnt too bad at all, I enjoyed the banter and it didnt take itself too seriously.

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #455 on: August 20, 2013, 09:06:25 am »
I am really struggling to find fixtures on BT Sport's website, games that they are showing.

Are there any sites which give list of games on Sky and BT Sport?

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #456 on: August 20, 2013, 09:15:36 am »
I am really struggling to find fixtures on BT Sport's website, games that they are showing.

Are there any sites which give list of games on Sky and BT Sport?

Here you go!

AUGUST

SKY                                                                  KICK OFF
 •Swansea City v Manchester United               Sat 17          5:30pm
 •Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur            Sun 18          1:30pm
 •Chelsea v Hull City                                       Sun 18          4pm
 •Manchester City v Newcastle United             Mon 19          8pm
 •Aston Villa v Liverpool                                 Sat 24          5:30pm
 •Cardiff City v Manchester City                      Sun 25          4pm
 •Manchester United v Chelsea                       Mon 26         8pm
 •Crystal Palace v Sunderland                         Sat 31          5:30pm

BT
 •Liverpool v Stoke                                         Sat 17    12.45pm
 •Fulham v Arsenal                                         Sat 24     12.45pm
 •Man City v Hull City                                      Sat 31    12.45pm

SEPTEMBER

SKY
 •Liverpool v Manchester United                       Sun 1     1:30pm
 •Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur                        Sun 1      4pm
 •Everton v Chelsea                                          Sat 14     5:30pm
 •Southampton v West Ham                              Sun 15    4pm
 •Swansea City v Liverpool                               Mon 16    8pm
 •Chelsea v Fulham                                          Sat 21      5:30pm
 •Arsenal v Stoke City                                      Sun 22      1:30pm
 •Manchester City v Manchester United           Sun 22      4pm
 •Swansea City v Arsenal                                 Sat 28        5:30pm
 •Stoke City v Norwich City                              Sun 29       1:30pm
 •Sunderland v Liverpool                                 Sun 29       4pm
 •Everton v Newcastle United                           Mon 30      8pm

BT
 •Man United v Crystal Palace                           Sat 14       12.45pm
 •Norwich v Aston Villa                                     Sat 21       12.45pm
 •Tottenham v Chelsea                                     Sat 28      12.45pm

OCTOBER

SKY
 •Sunderland v Manchester United                    Sat 5          5:30pm
 •Norwich City v Chelsea                                   Sun 6         1:30pm
 •West Bromwich Albion v Arsenal                    Sun 6           4pm
 •West Ham United v Manchester City               Sat 19          5:30pm
 •Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur                   Sun 20          4pm
 •Crystal Palace v Fulham                                 Mon 21          8pm
 •Southampton v Fulham                                 Sat 26          5:30pm
 •Chelsea v Manchester City                             Sun 27         1:30pm
 •Sunderland v Newcastle United                      Sun 27          4pm

BT
 •Man City v Everton                                         Sat 5        12:45pm
 •Newcastle v Liverpool                                   Sat 19       12:45pm
 •Crystal Palace v Arsenal                                Sat 26       12:45pm

NOVEMBER

SKY
 •Arsenal v Liverpool                                       Sat 2           5:30pm
 •Everton v Tottenham Hotspur                       Sun 3           1:30pm
 •Cardiff City v Swansea City                           Sun 3           4pm
 •Norwich City v West Ham United                   Sat 9           5:30pm
 •Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United        Sun 10         12pm
 •Sunderland v Manchester City                      Sun 10          2:05pm
 •Manchester United v Arsenal                        Sun 10          4:10pm
 •Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur         Sat 23          5:30pm
 •West Ham United v Chelsea                         Sun 24          1:30pm
 •Cardiff City v Manchester United                 Sun 24          4pm
 •West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa            Mon 25          8pm
 •Newcastle United v West Bromwich Albion   Sat 30          5:30pm

BT
 •Newcastle v Chelsea                                     Sat 2      12:45pm
 •Everton v Liverpool                                      Sat 23    12:45pm
 •Tottenham v Man United                              Sat 30    12:45pm

DECEMBER     

SKY
 •Hull City v Liverpool                                    Sun 1           1:30pm
 •Chelsea v Southampton                               Sun 1           4pm

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: August 20, 2013, 10:45:28 am »
For those of us who have to pay (and dont follow European football, rugby or American Sports) BT Sport is simply not worth the £12 per month.

That works out at £3 per match for those fixtures.

I can honestly see BT Sports go the same way Setanta did, and then ESPN in 3 years time.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #458 on: August 20, 2013, 10:50:40 am »
For those of us who have to pay (and dont follow European football, rugby or American Sports) BT Sport is simply not worth the £12 per month.

I can honestly see BT Sports go the same way Setanta did, and then ESPN in 3 years time.

£4 mate! But yeah I agree completely Setanta MK 3 for me

Offline SalisburyRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: August 20, 2013, 12:34:52 pm »

BT can afford for this to be loss-making, at least in the short- to medium-term, because they're using BT Sport as a means to drive broadband subscriptions. Setanta had nothing like the sort of operation that BT have and ultimately couldn't sustain the losses they were making. ESPN were nothing like as gung-ho in their approach, which is ultimately why they withdrew; it made no economic sense to match the levels at which Sky and BT were bidding this time round. I'm not saying BT's plan is guaranteed to work, but it's built on much firmer ground than Setanta's and ESPN's, and they will definitely have expected significant early losses and planned accordingly.

Offline SalisburyRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: August 20, 2013, 12:40:16 pm »
Ditto.

The only reason I can think why this is happening because when they closed down LOF I had an active subscription and they have just carried it over.

Would definitely sign up again if/when my subscription runs out. It’s a brilliant site.

Except it wasn't working at the weekend - it just kept buffering - and now when I try and watch something on there the stream just says "Please renew your subscription". Bugger.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: August 20, 2013, 12:46:59 pm »
Ah. To be honest I have not had to use it this weekend with us not playing at 3pm.

Just have to decide whether to sign up for the season and taking of a risk on them still being 'operational' for a year or just sign up for a couple of months...
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: August 20, 2013, 01:37:21 pm »
I'm on sky broadband with Sky Sports.  It's cheaper for me to stay with Sky than to switch to BT 9if I want to have Sky Sports), and that will possibly get even cheaper.

Not sure where BT are going to get the extra custom?  The casual football fan who never would pay for a Sky Sports subscription anyhow?

Offline SalisburyRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:41 pm »
Ah. To be honest I have not had to use it this weekend with us not playing at 3pm.

Just have to decide whether to sign up for the season and taking of a risk on them still being 'operational' for a year or just sign up for a couple of months...

Yeah, I was at my parents' at the weekend and they don't have BT Sport, so it was a bit of a pain. I'll almost certainly re-subscribe; it's great for the 3pm games (which I'm likely to want to watch from time to time when we're not playing) and I've been using it to watch the cricket in the office (the picture quality, shamefully, is better than that found on Virgin TV Anywhere - their equivalent of Sky Go).

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #464 on: August 20, 2013, 03:11:35 pm »
Except it wasn't working at the weekend - it just kept buffering - and now when I try and watch something on there the stream just says "Please renew your subscription". Bugger.

This says the same for me even though I did subscribe for two months on the 8th August, the app is still working ok.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #465 on: August 21, 2013, 08:44:40 pm »
Watchin Sky through BT sport broadband on TV, tonight and last two games, above the Sky logo in top right hand corner theres 'MrHawHHaka' written over it, doesnt look official , looks dubious, have googled it and nothing has come up!

Bit bizzar , anyone else getting this?

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #466 on: August 22, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »
John barnes on bt sport panel saturday 9 am

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #467 on: August 23, 2013, 03:34:24 pm »
bump

can someone bump this at 9.00 am tomorrow

thanks

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2013, 01:08:45 pm »
Think Hargreaves is pretty good as an analyst with McManaman on BT - seems intelligent and a good communicator.

The positional play thing with Tony Adams was a bit weird tho, he clearly still wants to be marshalling a defence somewhere!

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2013, 01:43:10 pm »
Question. Does BT Sport run score tickers along the bottom? I don't want to know the scores to the other matches but I do want to you know, actually watch Liverpool play without the hassle.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #470 on: August 24, 2013, 02:00:10 pm »
Question. Does BT Sport run score tickers along the bottom? I don't want to know the scores to the other matches but I do want to you know, actually watch Liverpool play without the hassle.

BT only show the lunch time kick offs so the matches that they show take place before there are other scores to show.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 24, 2013, 02:09:29 pm »
BT only show the lunch time kick offs so the matches that they show take place before there are other scores to show.

I swear Liverpool were on BT tonight. Oh well!

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2013, 04:30:43 pm »
I swear Liverpool were on BT tonight. Oh well!

Sky Saturday night football.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: August 25, 2013, 02:25:14 pm »
Enjoying their European leagues coverage so far - they have a lot of games on this weekend (hopefully that's every weekend and not just now because they have nothing else to show) - Serie A has started this weekend too. Haven't watched too much of Ligue 1 but the majority of the Bundesliga matches they've shown have been great so far. They actually have decent pundits who know what they're talking about too, and James Richardson presents some of the coverage.

No idea why their Premier League coverage is so much worse (well I do have an idea, because Owen's on it as a co-commentator, how on earth did anyone think that was a good idea?)

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: August 25, 2013, 02:47:52 pm »
Didn't actually mind Michael Owen on the mic for yesterdays game.
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: August 26, 2013, 11:38:21 pm »
I got a text saying mine would take up to 3 days to activate, it's been 2 and still not done. Had to watch today's game on the computer.
They may have fucked up, nothing should take that long. Phone them.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #476 on: September 15, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »
What's the verdict on this Sunday Night Football? Richardson a joy as per usual, even when he's talking shite he gets away with it the charming bastard.  The show a nice round up of the weekend European action as well, three thumbs up.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: September 15, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »
Do we prefer having Andy Gray back on TV doing his analysis or what? He's not bad at his job but he still tends to piss people off anyway.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2013, 12:50:16 pm »
What's the verdict on this Sunday Night Football? Richardson a joy as per usual, even when he's talking shite he gets away with it the charming bastard.  The show a nice round up of the weekend European action as well, three thumbs up.

Ended up watching all 4 hours or whatever it was. Makes such a difference when twatty airheads are not on the screen.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2013, 12:58:47 pm »
Horncastle is boss. Like Richardson but sometimes he seems to get stuck halfway through a question and forget what he's asking!

Like the idea of getting good journo's, media guys on like Horncastle, Marcotti, the French fella etc instead of former players who know fuck all but just happened to play in said league for a bit.

Less said about the premier league stuff the better, Mark Halsey's latest referee arse licking session was sickening.