Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 592926 times)

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #680 on: June 7, 2020, 11:21:57 am »
So with all the rumours swirling about what we may or may not do in the transfer window this summer, does anyone think Elliott could potentially feature somewhat prominently for the first team next season as backup for Mane and Salah? He'll only be 17, but watching Bundesliga and seeing the likes of Gio Reyna and Florian Wirtz featuring for their teams at the same age makes me wonder if Elliott, as arguably our most promising teenager, is up to it.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: June 7, 2020, 02:52:34 pm »
So with all the rumours swirling about what we may or may not do in the transfer window this summer, does anyone think Elliott could potentially feature somewhat prominently for the first team next season as backup for Mane and Salah? He'll only be 17, but watching Bundesliga and seeing the likes of Gio Reyna and Florian Wirtz featuring for their teams at the same age makes me wonder if Elliott, as arguably our most promising teenager, is up to it.

Well, knowing Klopp's reputation of giving young players the chance, I won't be surprised to see the likes of Elliott, Jones, Hoever and the likes getting some playing time in the league next season.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: June 7, 2020, 07:38:12 pm »
you cant win the league with youngsters. but you can. would be great if our generation of kids stepped up and added a second one next year for us.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: June 9, 2020, 05:25:44 pm »
James Pearce reporting.

Harvey Elliott will sign his first professional contract, a three-year deal, at the start of July. Has made a huge impression during his first year at #LFC and rated highly by Klopp. Will get opportunities during the run-in.

FYI- At his age he can't sign for longer than 3 years.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2020, 05:30:39 pm by Samie »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: June 9, 2020, 05:35:30 pm »
Dom King saying extend a further 2 years when he's 18 next year.

Harvey Elliott will formally sign a new three-year contract at the beginning of July, having now turned 17. It’s his first professional deal and Liverpool will be able to extend the terms by another two years when he is 18 next April

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #685 on: June 10, 2020, 11:09:41 am »
Brilliant news that he's signed this contract (though there was little doubt he wouldn't).

Personally I think Elliott is the best attacking prospect we've had since Sterling. In terms of potential I'd put him in the bracket that includes the attacking talents of the ikes of Owen, Fowler, Sterling. If he applies himself and stays clear of injury then it's hard not to see him making 100+ appearances for the club. Had the same feeling after seeing those other players for the 1st 10-15 games.

How would he rate against players in his age group in those country and further afield? I have no idea but I'd suspect he's got to be one of the most highly rated and talented footballers under the age of 18 in World football. Think with the right coaching, attitude and a bit of luck, Elliott could easily be a regular starter for us by the time he's 19.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #686 on: June 10, 2020, 11:26:07 am »
Definitely possible, but I think we would see him more playing in midfield. From what we've seen of him, he doesn't look pacy and strong enough (yet) to play the role Salah or Mane plays. He prefers the ball to his feet, so maybe more of an advancing midfielder role.

Good news that he his extending his contract, and I hope to see him continuing his progress. Plenty of talent and plenty of time to develop it.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: June 10, 2020, 12:12:48 pm »
In the very limited time we’ve seen of him - I think because of his great ball skills and low gravity he will be one of those players that might not be super fast but will always be able to create a half yard of space which will allow him room to operate.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #688 on: June 10, 2020, 01:10:17 pm »
He reminds me of Garcia. Think he'll be suited to that kind of role, but I hope he's not as wasteful and frustrating as Garcia could be. Him and Jones have such quick feet. Imagine them both starting in the same midfield in 2/3 years time, would be magic.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #689 on: June 10, 2020, 03:54:46 pm »
He reminds me of Garcia. Think he'll be suited to that kind of role, but I hope he's not as wasteful and frustrating as Garcia could be. Him and Jones have such quick feet. Imagine them both starting in the same midfield in 2/3 years time, would be magic.
Garcia is a good shout. I also see some David Silva similarities in his style and stature. 

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #690 on: June 10, 2020, 04:16:06 pm »
Brilliant news that he's signed this contract (though there was little doubt he wouldn't).

Personally I think Elliott is the best attacking prospect we've had since Sterling. In terms of potential I'd put him in the bracket that includes the attacking talents of the ikes of Owen, Fowler, Sterling. If he applies himself and stays clear of injury then it's hard not to see him making 100+ appearances for the club. Had the same feeling after seeing those other players for the 1st 10-15 games.

Thought so too. He gets into good position but also misses a lot, like Sterling when he was younger. But the important thing was the game intelligence to get into the right places to give yourself a chance. There were lots of strikers who don't have that in them.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #691 on: June 11, 2020, 05:18:03 pm »
In the very limited time we’ve seen of him - I think because of his great ball skills and low gravity he will be one of those players that might not be super fast but will always be able to create a half yard of space which will allow him room to operate.
I see this too. Reminds me of Bernardo Silva. Great dribbling, very smart with the ball, rarely loses it.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #692 on: June 11, 2020, 05:54:57 pm »
Not seeing the Garcia comparisons, I think Bernardo Silva is a good shout.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: June 11, 2020, 09:34:42 pm »
Runs like Messi... same low center of gravity... and general allure..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: June 24, 2020, 10:04:29 pm »
welcome harvey

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2020, 03:54:28 am »
I'd really like to see more of him as this season progresses. Fantastic potential!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: June 25, 2020, 07:08:38 am »

If he adds a burst of pace he could become a brilliant player, he will need it if he’s in the front 3 positions, he’s very much in the mould of Silva. He’s one that would benefit a lot from adding some explosiveness because he’s not far from being ready from a game intelligence standpoint but he’s not got the pace or body strength that Sterling had

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #697 on: June 25, 2020, 09:19:23 am »
Yeah, everything I see of him makes me think his future for us lies in being a new Lallana, which I mean as a big compliment. Peak Lallana under Klopp was a thing of beauty.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2020, 09:20:59 am »
If he adds a burst of pace he could become a brilliant player, he will need it if he’s in the front 3 positions, he’s very much in the mould of Silva. He’s one that would benefit a lot from adding some explosiveness because he’s not far from being ready from a game intelligence standpoint but he’s not got the pace or body strength that Sterling had
Silva's probably a really good frame of reference as well - a player who was extremely effective as a kind of wideish n10 when deployed in the forward line of a front 3, but who was increasingly used as a kind of 8/10 hybrid player by Guardiola (again, much like Lallana for us).
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: June 25, 2020, 09:31:55 am »

He doesn't need to add a burst of pace and it's clear he will become a brilliant player.

He needs to learn from Lallana while he's still here and watch a lot of the Silva's at City.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: June 25, 2020, 11:51:45 am »
Needs to worker on his Aspas like corners!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: June 25, 2020, 11:57:43 am »

I could be wrong but I get the impression Klopp feels more comfortable playing new/young players in the front 3 rather than in midfield. AoC, Keita, Jones, Elliot and Minamino all played in the front 3 earlier in the LFC careers, with AoC and Keita playing more and more in midfield once they had adjusted a little. I think Minamino might play in midfield a bit at some point too, depending on what our squad is looking like next season.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #702 on: July 6, 2020, 03:05:09 pm »
Just signed his first professional contract.

Harvey Elliott has today signed his first professional contract with Liverpool Football Club.

The forward has put pen to paper on a senior deal with the Reds having become eligible to do so after turning 17 on April 4.

Elliott told Liverpoolfc.com: “I think since the first day I've walked in, it's been an indescribable journey so far.

“I think now to top it off with my first professional contract is a dream come true for me and my family. I'm excited to see what the future holds and I'm just excited to give everything to the club and the fans.”

Elliott joined the club from Fulham last summer and has made eight first-team appearances so far.

The lifelong Liverpool supporters’ debut came in the EFL Cup tie at MK Dons back in September, becoming the second youngest debutant in the club’s history.

Elliott's most recent outing was as a substitute during last week’s 4-0 win over Crystal Palace at Anfield in the Premier League.

“I think when I stepped out on the Anfield pitch when I played Arsenal, I think it was an emotional thing for me,” he added. “To obviously be watching the players and to be playing them with them, honestly it's a dream come true.

“To be in and around the fans as well, to hear them singing You'll Never Walk Alone when you're stepping out on the pitch, it did bring a tear to my eye. I just can't wait to give everything back to them and just to show them what I can do.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/401100-harvey-elliott-signs-first-professional-contract-with-lfc
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Last Edit: July 6, 2020, 03:12:10 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: July 6, 2020, 03:06:22 pm »
He will be getting time on Wednesday now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: July 6, 2020, 03:10:04 pm »

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: July 6, 2020, 03:13:36 pm »
He will be getting time on Wednesday now.

Only fair he scores as well.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: July 6, 2020, 03:21:28 pm »
The interview with Pep Ljinders is really interesting on the website. Says his goal is to be as big for Liverpool is to be as big to the club as Gerrard. Not putting any pressure on himself!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #708 on: July 6, 2020, 03:24:38 pm »
Needs 3 appearances for a medal.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: July 6, 2020, 03:31:38 pm »
I think it was Dom King who mentioned it a couple of months back but as he is 17 only it can be a maximum of 3 years. But he's essentially signed a 5 year deal and the 2 years remaining will kick in once he's 18.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #710 on: July 6, 2020, 03:36:14 pm »
Great news, can't wait to see more of him

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #711 on: July 6, 2020, 03:39:14 pm »
Him signing a new contract wasn't ever really in doubt but it's still always great to see it happen.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: July 6, 2020, 03:43:18 pm »
Great news.

Think he's played well whenever he's had an opportunity this season and looked very mature in how he approaches the game. I can't imagine what it must be like to join a club like Liverpool at 16 and to experience everything that he has since then, but he looks and sounds very humble.

He's got a huge future ahead of him.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: July 6, 2020, 03:54:52 pm »
Exciting player, looks really composed and mature on the ball.

He very rarely looks out of his depth, could be some player for us.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #714 on: July 6, 2020, 04:03:42 pm »
He and Jones just seem to have so much composure on the ball, pretty amazing to see at their age/stage. Both will be massive for the redmen.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: July 9, 2020, 05:18:10 pm »
Paul Joyce reporting that we're headed to tribunal over the transfer fee of Harvey Elliott. Fulham want over 7 million.

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #716 on: July 9, 2020, 05:46:58 pm »
Liverpool and Fulham heading for tribunal over Harvey Elliott fee

Andy Hunter
Thu 9 Jul 2020 17.00 BST
Last modified on Thu 9 Jul 2020 17.11 BST

Liverpool and Fulham are set to go to a tribunal to decide a compensation fee for Harvey Elliott with the clubs poles apart in their valuation of the 17-year-old forward.

Elliott moved to Liverpool from Craven Cottage on academy terms last summer and has been part of Jürgen Klopp’s first-team squad for most of the season. His progress was rewarded this week with a first professional contract.

Fulham are believed to have been offered £750,000 for the highly rated teenager, whom they value at closer to £7m. Unless there is a breakthrough in negotiations a decision will have to be taken by a tribunal, with the fee decided by the Professional Football Compensation Committee.

Elliott has made eight appearances for Liverpool’s first team and Klopp recently cited the player’s development as a reason why the Premier League champions may not be busy in the transfer market.
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: July 18, 2020, 04:46:47 pm »
Brilliant response to some fucker.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #718 on: July 18, 2020, 05:53:43 pm »
He’ll get a medal regardless of whether he makes 5 apps or not.

The 5 apps rules only means you have to receive a medal. Not that you don’t get one unless you make 5 apps.

Offline FilthyBloke

• Main Stander
  • We all live. That’s enough for me.
« Reply #719 on: July 18, 2020, 06:49:04 pm »
He’ll get a medal regardless of whether he makes 5 apps or not.

The 5 apps rules only means you have to receive a medal. Not that you don’t get one unless you make 5 apps.

Which is true, but is it official? I mean klopp could give him a medal but will it go down on record that he actually won one?
Schadenfreude. Pretty much sums me up.