Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 211347 times)

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #2360 on: May 30, 2019, 11:44:36 am »
Is anyone on a SO flight that departs at any time other than 02.30 or 05.40?

09.30 but from Stansted

Offline didopich

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2361 on: May 30, 2019, 11:48:47 am »
Noticed the prices for beds have come down drastically today so about to book a night in the centre for £35 for 31st!
Got a few questions please answer what you can!
1- where do I hide my ticket on the day!? Been told lots of lads out there will be jumping
2- was told I might be able to use the free transport card before the 5 to 5 option given by the club. ie apparently works for 24h from when you decide to start is this true?!? I need it for tomorrow evening really
3- Are hostel safe to leave passport and money and ticket or is best to just keep it with me? Never had any trouble like this. Kiev was trouble free and friendly but for the first time I’m gonna be on my own the first night as all my mates are arriving on Saturday morning so a bit worried. I can hold my own but I’m no bruce lee so if I get jumped on by 2-3 I’m f.cked .

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2362 on: May 30, 2019, 12:13:11 pm »
1 - I'll look after it for you mate ;) only joking. Most people arent going to bring their ticket out until they get to the ground. It depends what you want to do but some people are wearing shorts with zip pockets, an extra pair of shorts underneath, etc. Loads of options.

2) it's a general Madrid travel card. You can use it when you get there and it will be valid for that day only until 5am the next day. So if you use it tomorrow evening it's only valid until 5am Saturday. You can top it up with a 1 or 2 day pass to cover the rest of your trip though.

3) hostels generally have lockers that you can keep your stuff in but they dont have locks. Might be worth quickly checking with your hostel to see if they have lockers for safe keeping.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #2363 on: May 30, 2019, 12:25:36 pm »
1 - I'll look after it for you mate ;) only joking. Most people arent going to bring their ticket out until they get to the ground. It depends what you want to do but some people are wearing shorts with zip pockets, an extra pair of shorts underneath, etc. Loads of options.

2) it's a general Madrid travel card. You can use it when you get there and it will be valid for that day only until 5am the next day. So if you use it tomorrow evening it's only valid until 5am Saturday. You can top it up with a 1 or 2 day pass to cover the rest of your trip though.

3) hostels generally have lockers that you can keep your stuff in but they dont have locks. Might be worth quickly checking with your hostel to see if they have lockers for safe keeping.
they say they do have lockers but not sure who keeps an eye on those .. if it’s like my local gym locker I can get in less then 2min lol

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2364 on: May 30, 2019, 12:34:09 pm »
they say they do have lockers but not sure who keeps an eye on those .. if it’s like my local gym locker I can get in less then 2min lol

Could leave it at a paid for locker at the train station.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #2365 on: May 30, 2019, 12:45:17 pm »
Could leave it at a paid for locker at the train station.
I don’t fancy travelling to airport to get my ticket then stadium on the day! Was planning to stay for the boss event then straight to the ground

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2366 on: May 30, 2019, 12:52:54 pm »
I missed my bus from Biarritz to Pamplona last and ended up kipping in a bush by the airport. Knackered . Hope to get to Madrid by tonight.

Hope it wasn't George Dubya.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2367 on: May 30, 2019, 12:58:49 pm »
 I had to book online once I got to the airport. I had to download the app on the shit airport wifi . I did get it downloaded and paid my ticket. Peggedit outside and the bus was fucking off. Got too laugh but it  fuckin destroyed me. In San Sebastian now .

8)
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2368 on: May 30, 2019, 01:20:38 pm »
I had to book online once I got to the airport. I had to download the app on the shit airport wifi . I did get it downloaded and paid my ticket. Peggedit outside and the bus was fucking off. Got too laugh but it  fuckin destroyed me. In San Sebastian now .

8)
Love that city (San Sebastian). Get down the old town for some tapas and cold glass of Txakolí

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: May 30, 2019, 01:22:20 pm »
Few people saying they've been to the fan park and staff there are adamant a screen is going up to show the game. All rumours at the moment obviously and I guess we probably won't know until Saturday night but fingers crossed!

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2370 on: May 30, 2019, 01:32:26 pm »
What route and date? Mate of mine was looking

31st from Luton to Madrid

5th from Madrid to Gatwick
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2371 on: May 30, 2019, 01:44:07 pm »
Set off this morning, currently driving through France en route to Bordeaux, can’t wait now!!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2372 on: May 30, 2019, 01:57:50 pm »
Set off this morning, currently driving through France en route to Bordeaux, can’t wait now!!
Kesey, get yer thumb out, these lads are only a couple of hours away :D

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #2373 on: May 30, 2019, 02:11:56 pm »
Few people saying they've been to the fan park and staff there are adamant a screen is going up to show the game. All rumours at the moment obviously and I guess we probably won't know until Saturday night but fingers crossed!

don’t give me false hope  ;D

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2374 on: May 30, 2019, 02:17:51 pm »

If true I will personally buy you a beer, or two, or three as I'll be there hoping it's true.

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
« Reply #2375 on: May 30, 2019, 02:45:22 pm »
Daughter successful in ballot, me not. She's going in, I'm finding somewhere to watch. She's 19 and been to lots of games over the years but not on her own and would benefit knowing if there were any groups of females or mixed groups nearby. She's in 237. PM me if able to help.
 Thanks.

Offline Austinkopite4eva

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2376 on: May 30, 2019, 03:19:33 pm »
bloody hope so pal, wont half make sat a lot more chilled that you haven't got a mission to try and find somewhere to watch the game..

Offline SureShanksRedemption

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2377 on: May 30, 2019, 03:32:48 pm »
Hi all,

I have return flights to Madrid from JLA, leaving 9.30pm on Fri 31st and returning at 2.05am on Sunday 1st from Madrid.

I can no longer go and just want to get what I can back. I paid £325 for the flights, which are with Vueling. I can change the names for 50 Euros each flight and am happy to pay this for you.

Let me know if you are interested and we can sort out asap.

Cheers

Paul

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2378 on: May 30, 2019, 03:39:22 pm »
Hi all,

I have return flights to Madrid from JLA, leaving 9.30pm on Fri 31st and returning at 2.05am on Sunday 1st from Madrid.

I can no longer go and just want to get what I can back. I paid £325 for the flights, which are with Vueling. I can change the names for 50 Euros each flight and am happy to pay this for you.

Let me know if you are interested and we can sort out asap.

Cheers

Paul

That's very decent of you pal. Hopefully someone takes this off you. Good to see reds looking out for each other  :champ
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline SureShanksRedemption

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2379 on: May 30, 2019, 03:42:44 pm »
That's very decent of you pal. Hopefully someone takes this off you. Good to see reds looking out for each other  :champ

Cheers mate. Gutted I can no longer go and think it's still cheap for someone who wants to get out there for 24
hours to soak up the atmosphere

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2380 on: May 30, 2019, 03:53:18 pm »
I’m yet to book a hotel or Airbnb.

If anyone knows a person who’s selling their half of a hotel/Airbnb do let me know! Otherwise I’m thinking to just kip tomorrow night at the airport as a last resort
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline SoulPower7

• Main Stander
« Reply #2381 on: May 30, 2019, 04:16:28 pm »
I’m yet to book a hotel or Airbnb.

If anyone knows a person who’s selling their half of a hotel/Airbnb do let me know! Otherwise I’m thinking to just kip tomorrow night at the airport as a last resort

Have another look on booking.com today mate, a lot of the prices have gone down.
i/b/o/w

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #2382 on: May 30, 2019, 04:37:14 pm »
I have a flight from Gatwick Airport to seville then train from seville on the saturday morning if any one is intrested gets you to madrid at 2.17pm

coming home Sunday, train from Madrid to Malaga leaving at 7.35am then flight from Malaga to Bristol leaving at 12.10pm

if any use to anyone drop me a line 07766951978

i have the train tickets if people need those i can email them over.

Offline Poet

• Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #2383 on: May 30, 2019, 05:13:26 pm »
Have another look on booking.com today mate, a lot of the prices have gone down.

Got sorted through a friend, cheers lad!

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #2384 on: May 30, 2019, 06:12:51 pm »
I presume the fan park will allow us bring in a big create of cans from the shops?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Suarez325

• Kopite
  • Road End Whopper
« Reply #2385 on: May 30, 2019, 06:40:20 pm »
Anyone out there seen any decent bars yet? Group of 4 of us and in the only one without a ticket at moment and getting one looks less likely by the day.

Offline wirral_red

• Main Stander
« Reply #2386 on: May 30, 2019, 07:45:13 pm »
Anybody on the 1pm from Bristol to Beziers tomorrow - 3 of us going over & then train down from Girona on Saturday morning, arriving into Madrid at 11.45am. Can't. fuckin. wait.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #2387 on: May 30, 2019, 08:41:05 pm »
Anyone been doing the same research as me . . if so, hope this is helpful.

In the absence of any transport after the game to get back to the airport then I've come to the conclusion that apart from taxis the best option might be to walk to the Feria de Madrid metro station which is on the same line as the airport terminals, so from there it's just a direct 10-minute metro journey. Trying to get back into Madrid will be busy and also requires changing lines to get back on Line 8 to the airport, whereas this should be quieter and quicker.

There are two basic routes walking to that metro station, both taking about 45 minutes.

The slightly quicker one is to go North from the stadium along Av. de Luis Aragones for about a kilometre and then cross the main roads by walkways and then follow the edge of the Parque Juan Carlos for about another kilometre. The problem with this route could be it's on the Tottenham route back to their metro terminal (Canillejas) and then after getting over the roads it could be a bit deserted at night by the park.

The other option is somewhere along Av. de Luis Aragones go left and work your way North West along the main streets for a couple of kilometres, crossing the two main roads along the way. The advantage of this route might be more folks around, taxis available if you want to give up, and also it goes away from the Tottenham route to Canillejas.

Anyway, I'm on the 3.05am Vueling out of Terminal 4 so should be plenty of time to get there, but if anyone else has been looking at how to get to the flights in the early hours and has any constructive feedback I'd be interested to know what others are planning.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:43:17 pm by anfieldash »

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: May 30, 2019, 09:21:59 pm »

In the absence of any transport after the game to get back to the airport then I've come to the conclusion that apart from taxis the best option might be to walk to the Feria de Madrid metro station which is on the same line as the airport terminals, so from there it's just a direct 10-minute metro journey. Trying to get back into Madrid will be busy and also requires changing lines to get back on Line 8 to the airport, whereas this should be quieter and quicker.

There are two basic routes walking to that metro station, both taking about 45 minutes.

The slightly quicker one is to go North from the stadium along Av. de Luis Aragones for about a kilometre and then cross the main roads by walkways and then follow the edge of the Parque Juan Carlos for about another kilometre. The problem with this route could be it's on the Tottenham route back to their metro terminal (Canillejas) and then after getting over the roads it could be a bit deserted at night by the park.

The other option is somewhere along Av. de Luis Aragones go left and work your way North West along the main streets for a couple of kilometres, crossing the two main roads along the way. The advantage of this route might be more folks around, taxis available if you want to give up, and also it goes away from the Tottenham route to Canillejas.

Anyway, I'm on the 3.05am Vueling out of Terminal 4 so should be plenty of time to get there, but if anyone else has been looking at how to get to the flights in the early hours and has any constructive feedback I'd be interested to know what others are planning.

Thanks this doesn’t look a bad idea. My brother and I have 5am flights back. Not sure how we will get back to the airport yet but this looks as good an idea as any.

I know lots of spurs fans and am flyin out with them, they’re generally fine, nothing like Chelsea for example so don’t think there will be too many issues post match

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2389 on: May 30, 2019, 09:44:17 pm »

Ditto!  See ya there lad.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
« Reply #2390 on: May 30, 2019, 09:56:13 pm »
Anyone going solo want to meet for a few beers tomorrow? Mates don't get in until saturday
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2391 on: May 30, 2019, 10:49:25 pm »

Good idea this, I’ve been looking into the options, my return flight is 3:35.  Was planning on walking to Las Rosas and seeing if I cud pick up a cab on the way, a lot depends on ET and pens, if metro closes at 1:30 it’s lesving it close for a 45 minute walk
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Jimmy Mullet

• Main Stander
« Reply #2392 on: May 30, 2019, 11:21:46 pm »

According to my maps.me app it's a 4.7 km walk to the Feria de Madrid metro from the stadium on the former route you suggest.

I looked in to the fare for an Uber, to T4. It came up as 15 euro (depending on availability and demand).

My Vueling flight leaves at 02:55, so I'd need to be at the airport by 2am
bottom of the pile

Offline mick_h11

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2393 on: May 31, 2019, 12:12:44 am »
My flight is at 2.35, going with my son who is a wheelchair user if any of you wanna jump in a taxi with us more than welcome (hopefully might be easier getting hold
Of a taxi with my son)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: May 31, 2019, 02:33:35 am »
Our flight back is with sport options at 1.40am. They said they will put on buses from the metro station to airport is there is none provided by the Spanish authorities. Still cutting it tight seeing as we have to check in at the airport.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #2395 on: May 31, 2019, 04:50:53 am »
Hopefully Alicante/Benidorm reds all made it safely.

For those that dont know, a Private Aircraft crashed in Alocante airport causing chaos with inbound and outbound flights from around 2pm.

Thankfully for those involved they seem ok.

But planes had to be diverted to Valencia and Murcia (relatively close) or Barcelona. I got the Barcelona straw.

A group of stag, hens, and reds all 6 hours away in Barca... with a 6 hour wait for busses to turn up!

So I left the UK at around 1pm and just got to my hotel in Alicante at 5:30am local time.

Absolutely goosed! And because of the chaos I am at a different hotel for one night and have to check in my other hotel tomorrow morning before catching a train to Madrid at 10:30.

My spirit took a bit of a hit, but I am closing in on Madrid now. And some top reds kept each other going.

Safe travels all and see you in Madrid!

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2396 on: May 31, 2019, 04:58:33 am »
Landed last night with Broad Spectrum. This year has been so much easier... excitement beginning to creep in.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: May 31, 2019, 06:26:06 am »
Our flight back is with sport options at 1.40am. They said they will put on buses from the metro station to airport is there is none provided by the Spanish authorities. Still cutting it tight seeing as we have to check in at the airport.

Mine is 1:40 as well. You don’t need to check in with the daybtrips. You get your return ticket when you check in on the way out.
Walk 20 mins back to the metro station and sport options coaches will be doing rounds there and back to the airport. Only about 20 mins. They usually give you a pass thing so others can’t just jump on.
They’ve done this years they will be fine mate. Won’t be able to hang around for hours but won’t to too tight either.
They will give more info on your flight or check in.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2398 on: May 31, 2019, 06:46:59 am »
Anyone out there seen any decent bars yet? Group of 4 of us and in the only one without a ticket at moment and getting one looks less likely by the day.
Im thinking the Irish Rover near the Bernabeu. Out of town a little bit, chances of getting into a good bar in town are slim imo.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #2399 on: May 31, 2019, 06:50:04 am »
Anyone else on the mid morning flight tomorrow from Liverpool with Thomas cook.