539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1440518 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Brexit thread - Rocky Horror Brexit Shitshow Hallowe'en Special!
« Reply #22440 on: May 16, 2019, 10:33:04 am »

Arwyn Jones
‏ @jonesarwyn

For those asking, here is the unedited interview with @Nigel_Farage in Merthyr yesterday.

https://twitter.com/jonesarwyn/status/1128952415833796609
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #22441 on: May 16, 2019, 11:30:39 am »
Even if (and that's a big if - see how few MPs UKIP picked up in 2015 after their 2014 European election win)Frottage/the Brexit Party were in a position to be a junior coalition/supply & confidence partner, the thought of such an arrangement would be beyond the pale for moderate Tories, no? I've always thought the talk of the Tories splitting is overblown (as they are largely on the same page on everything but Brexit) but a move like that really could spell serious trouble IMO. Perhaps someone like Nick Boles would start an Independent Conservative group that the likes of Justine Greening, Sam Gymiah and Jo Johnson could move into who would be prepared to vote with Labour and the other opposition parties.

Well, I'd always assumed so, but relying on sensible politicians to pull the brakes on things seems a pretty forlorn hope at the moment...

For the record I'm not saying I think that's likely overall, just that that would be the likeliest way the Brexit Party would squirm into some sort of power.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #22442 on: May 16, 2019, 12:21:57 pm »
Well, I'd always assumed so, but relying on sensible politicians to pull the brakes on things seems a pretty forlorn hope at the moment...

For the record I'm not saying I think that's likely overall, just that that would be the likeliest way the Brexit Party would squirm into some sort of power.

I think they will end up getting into power by effectively taking over the Tories, the low membership numbers in the Tories (plus the hardline views of existing Tory members), made them an easy candidate for UKIPisation and that is exactly what has happened

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22443 on: May 16, 2019, 12:36:49 pm »
We will see.

Within minutes I found this and I havent got a clue what I doing you can get very detailed data.

From where did you obtain that screen shot? Post the URL and I'll explain it to you.

Edited to add: this Reddit thread is rather similar to what you reported here, above. It was quickly debunked there too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/bp2wd8/a_traffic_analysis_of_the_brexit_partys_website/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:39:41 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #22444 on: May 16, 2019, 02:31:07 pm »
I imagine the core demographic of the Brexit party don't use the web much and have been sending cheques.

Cheques? I doubt it. The posh ones will be sending postal orders. The ragged trousered philanthropists will be sending jam jars full of groats.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22447 on: May 16, 2019, 03:33:31 pm »
People are still taking Theresa May at her word?

How cute.

I don't think they are. That letter reads to me as a not-so-subtle message that she's a goner if she doesn't win that vote in the week of the 3rd of June. At that point, she either goes willingly or they'll finally change the rules to allow for another no-confidence vote.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22448 on: May 16, 2019, 04:22:55 pm »
Tories will clearly pivot to "No Deal" under the next fuckwit who takes over, but equally I don't like their chances of getting that through the current Parliament either.

If they can successfully hoover up the Brexit Party vote without losing too much of their existing support, I suspect a new Tory leader would look to call an election sooner rather than later, it just makes too much sense to do it at a time when Labour are trying to sit on the fence of a debate which is increasingly becoming polarised into No Deal v Remain.

Would expect the Tories to win that anti-Tory/Brexit votes distrbuted more widely between other parties rather than just consolidating behind Labour as it did in 2017, so I suspect both parties likely down on share of the vote v 2017 but Labour more down

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22449 on: May 16, 2019, 04:41:07 pm »

I think that's about right.

Get a new leader in, get a GE, then crack on with "No Deal."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22450 on: May 16, 2019, 05:23:40 pm »
Tories will clearly pivot to "No Deal" under the next fuckwit who takes over, but equally I don't like their chances of getting that through the current Parliament either.

If they can successfully hoover up the Brexit Party vote without losing too much of their existing support, I suspect a new Tory leader would look to call an election sooner rather than later, it just makes too much sense to do it at a time when Labour are trying to sit on the fence of a debate which is increasingly becoming polarised into No Deal v Remain.

Would expect the Tories to win that anti-Tory/Brexit votes distrbuted more widely between other parties rather than just consolidating behind Labour as it did in 2017, so I suspect both parties likely down on share of the vote v 2017 but Labour more down

Parliament has the power to block an election if it's as against No Deal as it claims though. A new, even more Brexity PM runs the risk of galvanising support behind another referendum if the alternative is No Deal. Block a GE, and then do another Cooper-Boles-Letwin style takeover of the Commons timetable.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22451 on: May 16, 2019, 08:32:28 pm »
Hard to imagine an opposition ever blocking a GE though

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #22452 on: May 16, 2019, 09:04:45 pm »
Hard to imagine an opposition ever blocking a GE though

Especially an opposition so vocal in pushing for one.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22453 on: May 16, 2019, 09:06:10 pm »
Farrage is a corrupt twat.  Who’d have guessed.

He’s our trump.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #22454 on: May 16, 2019, 09:06:51 pm »

Tories are clearly going to go further right and won't be surprised to see frottage bin the brexit party to enable someone like his mate bojo the c*nt take the charge on no deal so as not to split the vote. Labour will probably still sit on the fence but oppose no deal so a lot will not touch them meaning the remain vote will be split. Expect a tory win but who could they form a government with... they might fail and labour might pull a minority government together.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22455 on: May 16, 2019, 09:24:39 pm »
Parliament has the power to block an election if it's as against No Deal as it claims though. A new, even more Brexity PM runs the risk of galvanising support behind another referendum if the alternative is No Deal. Block a GE, and then do another Cooper-Boles-Letwin style takeover of the Commons timetable.

I hate to break it to you, but I don't think there's any chance that a GE will get blocked by the current opposition.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22456 on: May 16, 2019, 09:28:15 pm »
Tories are clearly going to go further right and won't be surprised to see frottage bin the brexit party to enable someone like his mate bojo the c*nt take the charge on no deal so as not to split the vote. Labour will probably still sit on the fence but oppose no deal so a lot will not touch them meaning the remain vote will be split. Expect a tory win but who could they form a government with... they might fail and labour might pull a minority government together.

Like UKIP before them, it’ll be the tail wagging the dog again.

What’s frustrating is that the Brexit Party/Tories can only muster 40% of the vote maximum between them. Whereas between Labour, LD, Greens, SNP you have a solid 50% of the vote. Yet the right wing dominate the headlines and narrative.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #22457 on: May 17, 2019, 07:17:26 am »
Boris PM / No deal hard Brexit on the way  :wanker

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22458 on: May 17, 2019, 07:19:43 am »
Boris PM / No deal hard Brexit on the way  :wanker
There would still be no majority in Parliament for no deal.

He may try to circumvent parliament of course. 

It’s difficult to know really.  He’s only been in favour of brexit for his own personal gain.  He clearly doesn’t believe in it.

We will now be at the mercey of his greedy selfish self serving ego
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22459 on: May 17, 2019, 07:24:39 am »
Fair point, although I do think he now fully believes in Brexit, even if he didn’t at first.

By the way, what the hell happened to your username?! ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22460 on: May 17, 2019, 07:26:57 am »
Fair point, although I do think he now fully believes in Brexit, even if he didn’t at first.

By the way, what the hell happened to your username?! ;D
Boris will do what benefits Boris.  That’s thre trouble.

My username?  Long story ;D
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22461 on: May 17, 2019, 07:29:58 am »
Boris will do what benefits Boris.  That’s thre trouble.

My username?  Long story ;D

Are you related to Big Jezza’s Jizza?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22462 on: May 17, 2019, 08:07:45 am »
Are you related to Big Jezza’s Jizza?
I’m not sure he’d be happy to be associated with someone so diametrically opposed to Corbyn as me
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #22463 on: May 17, 2019, 08:39:19 am »
Tepid's username is not that long a story if you go to the right thread :lmao
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=342848.0
#Sausages

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22464 on: May 17, 2019, 09:10:29 am »
Haha!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22465 on: May 17, 2019, 09:18:37 am »
Bastard
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
#Sausages

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #22467 on: May 17, 2019, 10:48:41 am »
Cross-party talks officially over then...

Finally one of them found a reason to end it whilst painting the other one as the guilty party.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #22468 on: May 17, 2019, 10:52:54 am »
The way they have handled Brexit reminds me of HitchHikers Guide where the Government decide to increase fiscal value (Their currency was leaves) by blowing up trees.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #22469 on: May 17, 2019, 10:55:17 am »
"Do not waste this time"

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #22470 on: May 17, 2019, 11:41:17 am »
Corbyn's cancelled any more talks, but seems like indicative votes ahead.

Peston has what Labour and the Tories did agree upon, as well as more details. Seems like someone has helpfully leaked it to try and kill it ahead of time.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-17/revealed-the-governments-planned-brexit-deal-with-labour/

Do wonder whether there might be the Labour rebels there for that, in indicative voting, if it weren't for the Tories themselves not having the votes to pass it. Against that, parliament would be gambling that the next Tory leader won't drive us over the cliff after having promised their membership that's exactly what they intend to do...

edit: Twitter video of Corbyn being asked about a potential indicative vote on a referendum. https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/1129337699679244288

"We would not rule out a second referendum but it wouldn't be a referendum on 2016 terms. It would be a referendum to prevent a catastrophic 'no deal' exit from the European Union."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:58:22 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22471 on: May 17, 2019, 12:07:29 pm »
Both the Tories and Labour are rabbits in the headlights.

Their strategy of pandering to Leavers over the past 3 years isn't rewarding them, yet neither have the wit to change course. Fucking lunatics, the lot of them.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #22472 on: May 17, 2019, 12:26:30 pm »
Zeb, does Peston realise that towards the end there is written "The UK's withdrawal from the UK..."? Seems somewhat appropriate, since the country is fucking eating itself for breakfast, dinner and tea.....

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #22473 on: May 17, 2019, 12:34:22 pm »
Zeb, does Peston realise that towards the end there is written "The UK's withdrawal from the UK..."? Seems somewhat appropriate, since the country is fucking eating itself for breakfast, dinner and tea.....

My eyes had autocorrected it to EU so I missed that too.  :-[ ;D
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22474 on: May 17, 2019, 12:37:22 pm »
My eyes had autocorrected it to EU so I missed that too.  :-[ ;D
Get up early? You'd have to stay up all night........ ;) :wave

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22475 on: May 17, 2019, 12:49:30 pm »
I think they meant ‘England’s withdrawal from the UK’?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22476 on: May 17, 2019, 12:56:17 pm »
I think they meant ‘England’s withdrawal from the UK’?
:lmao but didn't the majority in Wales vote leave........? Oh and Cornwall, who don't consider themselves to be English, let alone British or European......

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22477 on: May 17, 2019, 04:02:18 pm »
Twitter video of Corbyn being asked about a potential indicative vote on a referendum. https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/1129337699679244288

"We would not rule out a second referendum but it wouldn't be a referendum on 2016 terms. It would be a referendum to prevent a catastrophic 'no deal' exit from the European Union."

More goalpost shifting. It's now a referendum to prevent a no deal, it used to be a referendum to prevent a bad Tory deal. He's actually backtracking on the people's vote commitment rather than pivoting towards it, which he should do, because THE FUCKING TALKS HAVE BROKEN DOWN!

How anyone considers this man trustworthy is beyond me.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #22478 on: May 17, 2019, 05:00:22 pm »
Actually the popular scenario that another referendum cannot be a simple yes-no it needs to have more meat on the bones, and No Deal would probably be one of the options on the Ballot Paper. So maybe only tenuous but he is in line with the plans for a peoples vote, obviously we would need Revoke alongside it and maybe May's Final Deal.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:41:29 pm by Mutton Geoff »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #22479 on: May 17, 2019, 05:13:56 pm »
There won't be a credible deal that May can put to the public so we can probably rule that out. A straight fight bewteen Revoke and No Deal would be the most likely option. It has clarity, that's for sure.

May of course will be in total disgrace by then, licking her wounds somewhere. But Corbyn will still be around. I wonder which way he will campaign? His instincts will surely be for 'No Deal', but has he the courage to back them? My guess is that he'd go on holiday again and dodge the whole thing.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.