Author Topic: Djibril Cissé  (Read 241708 times)

Offline redsalmighty

• Kemlynite
Re: Djibril Cisse watch
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2004, 03:54:59 am »
of the two, I'd much rather see the number 8 become available for next season.
;D

He's already taken the captains armband off Sami, it would be taking the piss a bit to take his squad number too. The number 8 on the other hand...

Offline RogerE

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2004, 09:42:32 am »
There's a report in today's Daily Mirror of him appearing on a French chat show and saying how he can't wait to leave Auxerre because there are no night clubs there and he has to go to Paris every night. Did somebody mention that he had the right attitude?

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2004, 10:26:26 am »
There's a report in today's Daily Mirror of him appearing on a French chat show and saying how he can't wait to leave Auxerre because there are no night clubs there and he has to go to Paris every night. Did somebody mention that he had the right attitude?

Excellent to hear he has a sense of humour, he'll need it with our fans on his case :P
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2004, 10:35:37 am »
Stevie G better not change his squad number, means ill have to change mine then too :p  :wanker  ;)
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2004, 06:12:43 pm »
This will be printed in the next LFC Magazine:

The first thing you detect when speaking to Djbril Cisse is his desire to play for Liverpool FC.

Actually it's stronger than a desire. It's a passion. Certainly, Auxerre's hughly rated hit-man has targets to achieve before he hopes, his long awaited move to Anfield is sealed next summer. But the turbo charged striker would love to switch to fast forward.

Having bagged 62 goals in 119 league matches (18 in 29 this season) prior to last weekend's with Toulopuse Cisse has become one of Europe's most sought after stars. So the fact that he is willing to turn down offers from Real Madrid and such other giants to join Liverpool, possibly surrendering Champions League place in the process must be welcomed. Treasured even.
But why the reds? "A few club's have been interested. But I always wanted to play in England, particulary for Liverpool because I first heard their interest in me two years ago."

"Back then they were the only club to show a real interest. I am a man of my word, and I gave my word to Liverpool. I came to a verbal agreement with Mr. Houllier. Liverpool have kept their word and I have too. I am very happy."
Djbril recently expressed his heartful wish for Gerard Houllier to remain as manager next season. That is still so. But I ask him if having a compatriot as manager influenced his choice of destination.

"No. I just had the desire to come to Liverpool. It wasn't due to the fact that they had a French manager. But, of course, I hope Mr. Houllier stays at Liverpool. It would be very good for me. I'm sure there won't be a problem.
It is the man more than his nationality which Cisse appreciates. Houllier first expressed serious interest in him in the summer of 2001, after the player had finished second top scorer at the World Under 20 Championship in Argentina.
Despite the boss's friendship with his Auxerre counterpart, Guy Roux, and despite the player's wish to be a red for the 2003/2004 campaign, Roux insisted on keeping Cisse for this season, even persuading him to extend his contract until 2007.

However, even though neither club has confirmed the speculation, as far as Djbril is concerned, he'll be a Liverpool player next season. After all, he admits to having been over and to having begun English lessons.
"I really wanted to play for Liverpool as soon as possible, but it doesn't matter that it didn't happen this season. I'm not the kind of person who causes problems. I had no intention of creating any problems between Auxerre and Liverpool. Auxerre wanted me to play for another season and that was fine with me."

"I made it my aim to be able to leave on good terms with both myself and my club."

Nevertheless while Champions League football may be a requirement for some players next season, Cisse insists je would not be put off if it was missing at Anfield.

"No, not at all. You know all clubs go through difficult periods at some time or other. There is bound to be the occasional dip now and again. That doesn't worry me."

"If there is no Champions League for Liverpool next season, then that's too bad. But the thing that interests me most is the club."
And Cisse is really interested. He follows the reds' results closely. He knows what's happening. And if his proposed transfer does go through, he intends to give himself the best chance of succeeding.

"I've been to Liverpool around two or three times already. And I will be returning there soon to sort out a place to live."
"Yes, I am taking English lessons. I don't want to be behind in any way by the time I arrive."

I tell him that the best way to cope is by learning vulgarities first. "Well, we'll see." He says rather sheepishly and then bursts into laughter on hearing that it's exactrly how El Hadji Diouf managed to cope. Thanks largely to a crash course from Emile Heskey!

Cisse goes onto to talk about Michael Owen, a player with an uncertain future at Anfield. "For me it would be a pleasure to play alongside Michael Owen. Just to be with him in training would be great. I would love him to stay at Liverpool. I think we could work well together."

Pace is an important part of Cisse's make-up and the Auxerre man believes he could use it to good effect in a league where there is less man to man marking than he has been used to.

"First of all, players get a lot of space in England. Another thing I like is that the game is so attacking over there. Teams go forward all the time. I like that style of play and I think that suits me best."

Cisse who has already experienced Anfield in last season's UEFA CUP says he appreciates it greatly. "Oh, that was fantastic! I really believe that every player wants to play in a stadium like that and in front of supporters like that."
"The atmosphere was great when I played there last season. You could really feel the passion and the fervour which the people had for the players.
A few more quites from Cisse to end the interview:

"If I went to Portugal for Euro 2004, it would mean me missing around three weeks of training and that's hard to make up."

"If I'm not involved over the summer, I will have a month to get myself ready for Liverpool. It will allow me to be in the best condition for when I start at my new club, which is important."

"I will do everything to help this club, I promise that. I will give the maximum to take the club as high as possible. It won't just depend on me, but you can be sure that for my part I will do my best.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline wellsie82

• Where's me tractorrrrrrrrr?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2004, 07:09:02 pm »
Having bagged 62 goals in 119 league matches (18 in 29 this season)

:o :o says it better than i put it
"No. I just had the desire to come to Liverpool. It wasn't due to the fact that they had a French manager. But, of course, I hope Mr. Houllier stays at Liverpool. It would be very good for me. I'm sure there won't be a problem.

that makes me somewhat more confident than i was that should Ged leave in the summer, that Cisse will still be pulling on our red shirt next season

my only regret is that we've not got him over here sooner
the best cashback site on the net.... Click here to get signed up

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2004, 10:03:20 pm »
My only regret is he is going to be built up to be someone he is not and viewed as the 'saviour'. Like Duff was supposed to be 2 years ago (and we never ended up geting him), like Kewell was last year and like all of our "final pieces of the jigsaw" have been.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2004, 11:11:39 pm »
Acording to the offical liverpool supporterclub of norway the deal with cisse and liverpool was sealed 2 years ago..
In the interview Cisse says he agreed a deal with houllier 2 years ago and nothing would change it. If liverpool doesn`t qualify for cl this season, or houllier gets sacked in the summer, he would still come to liverpool as agreed, and do his best to get liverpool back to it`s best...

He also said that he looked at the clubs facilites last season when auxerre played liverpool at anfield, and hes been taking english lessons for 2 years.

Houllier and cisse wanted him to come in 2003, but auxerre wanted to wait another year.

This is the OFFICIAL site of the norwegian branch. They never write rubbish. So I guess it's done then.

Great news.

I have never..and i repeat NEVER felt such excitement of a player signing. It's not about hailing him as a messiah before he comes, but from what i have seen of him (quite a lot) he's one of the best striker prospects in world football. He can develop into the top 5 strikers in the world easily with the right guidance. He's got a natural ability for goals, and that is the major thing about him.

From those of you who write him off as "another young french talent who won't deliver", please write it down, and he'll make you eat it before the 1st season is over.

Djibril...welcome to us. I hope you'll get a wonderful time here.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline Rushback

• star wars obsessive
  • Legacy Fan
  • One of the Fleetwoods
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2004, 11:13:16 pm »

Maybe he'll be good, maybe he'll be bad, who knows yet. All I know is that we've got to sort the basic football issues out at this club before giving the media a frenzied chance to over hype and over wreck this lads career because if we are still lacking confidence and treating every game as some sort of master plan then I fear the worst

However, it has been said by some of my mates that lately, i've become a right proper pessimistic grunt

Who am I to argue with my mates

Either way, I want us to succeed so pull yer friggin fingers out lads

I digress, wait to see what happens in the summer
"football is dead"   Redissue 25 May 2005

http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2004, 11:18:02 pm »
Saw him in the chippy earlier, he had clarks pie, large chips, carton of curry sause and a can of 7 up.
NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Offline Nicoliverpool

• French Pie Eating Champion 2007
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2004, 11:40:53 pm »

i watched that show and he didn't say that, something got lost in the translation. He got asked what were the best places to go out in Auxerre, and he answered he didn't know any as he didn't go out at night. So the presentator told him that at least tonight (as the show was recorded in Paris) he could go out, and that Liverpool's night life will be quite different from Auxerre's.
Yanks out

Offline Nicoliverpool

• French Pie Eating Champion 2007
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2004, 11:44:28 pm »
"If I went to Portugal for Euro 2004, it would mean me missing around three weeks of training and that's hard to make up."

"If I'm not involved over the summer, I will have a month to get myself ready for Liverpool. It will allow me to be in the best condition for when I start at my new club, which is important."

Cisse will not go to Euro 2004 as he has a 5 international games ban. Surely French coach will not pick him only for an eventual final...
Yanks out

Offline redsalmighty

• Kemlynite
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2004, 04:23:48 am »
I don't doubt his attitude or his talent, but our track record of getting players to fulfil their potential isn't the best :-\

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2004, 06:53:39 am »
He reminds me of Collymore.

If GED stay's in charge I'd be worried for my place if I was Dudek or Kirkland.

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2004, 08:56:58 am »
I don't like the way he takes his shirt off when he scores ;D Never really understood, why players celebrate their goals without their clubs shirts :(
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2004, 12:13:27 pm »
I don't like the way he takes his shirt off when he scores ;D Never really understood, why players celebrate their goals without their clubs shirts :(

i know, each to their own i suppose

talking of shirts, the only time ive seen him play in the flesh was at anfield last season and im sure when he was subbed he took his shirt off, lobbed it towards his manager then stormed off down the tunnel

Offline WY-RED

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2004, 12:57:06 pm »
Djibril's gonna be a superb signing for us, if and when he comes. Seen some freaks saying he's the French version of Heskey. What a load of shit. They're both big and they're both black - that's where the comparison ends.
He'll scare the life outta defences in the Premier League next season and I for one can't wait.

My only concern is that Ged will still be in charge and he'll play him on the right-wing coz of his pace. Whoever's in charge has gotta play him as a central striker where he'll do the damage.
at last someone who agrees with me that this is a signing we cannot afford to miss

Offline wellsie82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2004, 12:59:55 pm »

at last someone who agrees with me that this is a signing we cannot afford to miss

i think everyone would agree with that though i also think  everyone has the right to be worried and concerned about if he'll come, how he'll fit in, if he'll be used properly, if we'll get the best of him

as i said further up there my only regret is the time it's taken to get him on board (if he comes for certain)

Offline myrlas