Author Topic: Anthony Le Tallec  (Read 125414 times)

Offline REDHEART

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re:Le Tallec Time
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2003, 05:28:16 pm »
bannside red , that sounds like something out of a cereal box . Give the boy a chance to settle in

Offline Bannside Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Proud to be Red
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2003, 05:34:15 pm »
bannside red , that sounds like something out of a cereal box . Give the boy a chance to settle in

Yes the Frosties advert.

Only one to score a penalty against Pat Jennings with his bare feet!

Where is your sense of humour? :)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2003, 06:34:32 pm »
IMHO, its too early. He shoudl be given a half in Worthington cup games, and maybe a few 15 minute glimpses in games we are strolling in. Otherwise too much will be on his young shoulders. I think we can safely say GH knows best were youngsters are concerned.

Offline Jimbo.

• Skint
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2003, 08:23:52 pm »
IMHO, its too early. He should be given a half in Worthington cup games, and maybe a few 15 minute glimpses in games we are strolling in. Otherwise too much will be on his young shoulders. I think we can safely say GH knows best were youngsters are concerned.

I think that's the end of the discussion in my opinion.
Well said Roper.
Quote from: Dan_L
Chester is in chesirte, trasmneraeeeee is in wirral dfivo 1adand lpoolis merseydie lpoo2-1 everpuyokton |BluESHITE!!!!!!wert sr76yipeeeeeeeeeeeee113wt4aee

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2003, 11:03:56 pm »
It's a tough one to call - certainly I wouldn't question GH on it this stage, because I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

That said, I was at Blackburn and treated to a 5 minute cameo of what the lad can do - and I'm itching for him to start. Now might be the time, with the team in form, but then we already have two enforced changes on Satdee, so do we want to make another.

Time will tell, but if I were a gambling man (and I am, though reformed now ;) ) I would bet on him being benched again on Satdee.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2003, 11:52:47 pm »
Ged will play him when he feels its right. I personally want to see him on the pitch along with Sinama and see how they link up. But they'll get there chances in time.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2003, 11:57:30 pm »
If you made bets like the one mentioned above there hou-houllier, I'd say that you were mistaken in giving up gambling.

;)

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2003, 10:57:25 am »
 ;D

Odds would be shite ;)
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2003, 06:04:27 pm »
I'd like to see ALT introduced to the team slowly, 20 mins here and there ideally when we already have the points sewn up.

I don't think it's right to throw him on with 10 mins to go in games if we're 0-1 down.

He needs careful treatment to get the best out of him in the secind half of the season.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline David

• Main Stander
  • Facts are stubborn but statistics are more pliable
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2003, 01:45:56 am »
i was coerced into finally buying an e-season ticket just to watch le tallec. they finally got to me those bastards. :but

well i was quite impressed with the highlights of him against crewe and the reserve match, he seems to have that special thing that only great players have, time on the ball. its amazing that he can showcase all of the skills he has in one game, thats impressive (im sure hes got more up his sleeve)

my conclusion on this is that Ged IS handling this prefectly, and im sure will continue to do so.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 01:49:04 am by David »
women begin by resisting a man's advances and end up blocking his retreat.

Offline JamesHap

• Main Stander
  • Oh when the Reds.........
Boss salutes debutant Le Tallec
« Reply #210 on: September 25, 2003, 12:58:59 pm »
Gerard Houllier today saluted Anthony Le Tallec following an impressive first start for Liverpool in Slovenia last night.

Le Tallec turned in a good debut performance for the Reds against Olipija Ljubljana, much to the delight of his manager.

Houllier said: "I thought Anthony did very well in what was his first competitive start for us. He can be pleased with himself.

"He got into positions to score during the game and didn't lack confidence. If you look at Steven Gerrard's first season at Liverpool, he only played 12 games and Anthony will play more than that this year.

"He is more than ready for the first team and it's good to have him at the club. He has settled in really well but I don't want to burn him out."

Despite being impressed with the young Frenchman's display, Houllier admitted he is unlikely to select him to start at Charlton on Sunday.

"He did well last night but I don't think I'll play him for two games in a row at the moment," said the manager.

Sounds promising that he plans to give ALT a few games... Bring the young players through!

They can't get experience if they don't play!  ;)

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
Re:Boss salutes debutant Le Tallec
« Reply #211 on: September 25, 2003, 01:23:45 pm »
Best thing to do, yes he was good last night when we didn't play that well but could have easily won the game.

Premiership a tad harder so would expect him to come on at some point during the game, preferably if we are 2 goals up.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline JamesHap

• Main Stander
  • Oh when the Reds.........
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2003, 01:38:41 pm »
Agree with you there... Bring him in gradually & see how he fairs.

Think he'll start the home leg & probably see him in the Carling Cup & against the lesser Premiership teams this season.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2003, 11:43:55 pm »
Houllier said: "I thought Anthony did very well in what was his first competitive start for us. He can be pleased with himself.

"He got into positions to score during the game and didn't lack confidence. If you look at Steven Gerrard's first season at Liverpool, he only played 12 games and Anthony will play more than that this year.

"He is more than ready for the first team and it's good to have him at the club. He has settled in really well but I don't want to burn him out."

Hmmm... not sure I like this. Thought ALT did alright, but that's about it. So no need to overdo it. Perhaps GH see it differently, but that's my opinion, ALT was alright. I'm not critical on ALT though. It was his first start and we have to have some patience. No worries, he'll come good.

Liked the quote about being careful and not playing ALT two games in a row. But I still think we are building him up too much. We're already saying he'll play a dozen games. Based on what? It's like we see him as an experienced PL player after a month in the red shirt. I say go easy on the kid! If he has a few shockers, we've only built up unrealistic targets. That won't do him any good. Let him be better than expected. We've done this stuff with Cheyrou and it didn't do him any good. GH is doing his best to build Owen up too at the moment, almost on a daily basis. There are no limits for the praise. Anyway, about ALT, I thought the traditional way was to say stuff like;

"It was his first start. I'm pleased with the way he handled it. (Name the things he did well.) There are still a few things for him to work on, but we'll do that. IF he continues to show the same form, he could get to play more this season than I first expected. But of course, he must keep his feet on the ground, continue to work hard etc. He's not the finished article yet."

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Roddysul

« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2003, 11:48:18 pm »
Was nice to  see Welshy getting a run out in the end too albeit only for 10 minutes

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 25, 2003, 11:49:47 pm »
Was nice to  see Welshy getting a run out in the end too albeit only for 10 minutes

Yes indeed! One of the better things from last night that he got to play. :D

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #216 on: September 26, 2003, 09:53:56 am »
"More than 12 games"  :o
Oh I hope so, his talent is obvious for all to see.
I felt sorry for him during the game midweek, if one of his shots would have gone in, I think his game would have got better through the game.
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Frustratedjohnny

Le Tallec
« Reply #217 on: October 4, 2003, 10:11:42 pm »
The boy looked useless today, may just need sometime to settle in, I think GH has rushed him into the first team to quickly. He should be in the reserves a while longer.

Pheeny

Re:Le Tallec
« Reply #218 on: October 4, 2003, 10:17:49 pm »
 ::)

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #219 on: October 4, 2003, 10:17:52 pm »
I thought he looked nervous not useless. As for GH rushing him in what option did he have with all our fcukin injuries ???

We were playing Arsenal FFS !!
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline [streety]

• Craig Davis killed the thread
  • Legacy Fan
    • Coming Soon...
« Reply #220 on: October 4, 2003, 10:19:57 pm »
Here here
Someone give the kid a break

Frustratedjohnny

« Reply #221 on: October 4, 2003, 10:21:15 pm »
I'm not saying he's bad! He has some potential, he just needs time!

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #222 on: October 4, 2003, 10:21:50 pm »
The fans who got on his case with the odd lose pass he made were a disgrace, he’s a kid ffs and in an ideal world he wouldn’t have even being on the field.
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 4, 2003, 10:23:19 pm »
Looked uncomfortable on the left. Would of been nice if his overhead connected or if his shot went in. That would of gave him confidence

Offline [streety]

• Craig Davis killed the thread
  • Legacy Fan
    • Coming Soon...
« Reply #224 on: October 4, 2003, 10:23:53 pm »
I would like to emphasize the word some
If he only had some potential then he would be playing for someone else.
He is a talent and just started slowly today. Had a good pre season playing lower quality teams but playing Arsenal anything less than quality will be punished

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #225 on: October 4, 2003, 10:28:12 pm »
I was one of the ones hoping he would not be underused this season, as he looks a special talent.

He's going to take time to settle to the pace of the prem and Arsenal are a very very good side, in an ideal world this would not be the game for him...

Injuries have forced Geds hand...
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 4, 2003, 10:32:14 pm »
He did look worryingly like Cheyrou on the ball, always wanting the extra second or two. However we know he has it in him, unlike Cheyrou, so a few more games under his belt and i am sure he will be fine.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 4, 2003, 11:48:09 pm »
Gus, Cheyrou has it in him too.

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #228 on: October 5, 2003, 12:07:59 am »
Gus, Cheyrou has it in him too.

I agree I think Cheyrou can come good
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline MC-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 5, 2003, 12:38:35 am »
agree with gnurg and tony cheyrou is not a closed book yet.
Le Tallec will hopefully have learnt something from this game i am not bothered by his lacklustre performance
Gutted by our injury crisis though this is crazy

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 5, 2003, 12:41:49 am »
Carragher
Murphy
Cheyrou
Diao [suspension]
Baros
Owen
Hamann

Weren't 5 or 6 of those players in the starting line up vs Bolton (A) around this time last year?

Add to that Mellor, Babbel and Vignall all out on loan.  :-\
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline MC-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: October 5, 2003, 01:06:41 am »
Carragher
Murphy
Cheyrou
Diao [suspension]
Baros
Owen
Hamann

Weren't 5 or 6 of those players in the starting line up vs Bolton (A) around this time last year?

Add to that Mellor, Babbel and Vignall all out on loan.  :-\

Guz and don't forget Kirkland (who i think would have palyed in Slovakia to give the Dude a rest before charlton where he was subpar) and now SG who clearly needs a rest but can't get one which with him can expose him to injury.

Offline PortlandRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 5, 2003, 07:32:42 am »
TLT looked like he didn't have a lot of confidence.  He belongs on the team and I hope he isn't intimidated.  The guy has skills.
"Winning is not a sometime thing" - Vince Lombardi

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 5, 2003, 09:02:13 am »
what a fuckin completely pointless post! ::) :-\

Offline PortlandRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 5, 2003, 10:56:56 am »
Geez, just my opinion.  If it's so pointless, what do you think?
"Winning is not a sometime thing" - Vince Lombardi

Offline Jon R

• RAWK Hurdler
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - JFT 96
« Reply #235 on: October 5, 2003, 04:48:21 pm »
TLT looked like he didn't have a lot of confidence.  He belongs on the team and I hope he isn't intimidated.  The guy has skills.

Who's TLT?
"Liverpool, was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."
Bill Shankly

"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second."
Bob Paisley

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 5, 2003, 05:00:51 pm »
Le Tallec, Tony le Tallec.

Anyone hear him laughably compared to a Sunday League player on 6-0-6 last night. I wish my Sunday League side had a player that good.

Offline Danni

• Kopite
  • I do!
« Reply #237 on: October 5, 2003, 05:52:08 pm »
I know he's young
I know he's barely new
I know it takes time for players to find there feet

But

Evertime Liverpool play a game,me Dad is forever shouting at GH saying "bring Le Tellac on"
Every time I ask him "why"
I mean he has been given enough chances to shine,to show the fans and the team what he his capable of,but I'm yet to see him do anything impressive,infact I don't think I've whitnessed him being able to keep control of the ball every time he get's it 9 times out of 10 he gives it away.

I know before you all start "give the lad a chance"

Well my answer to that would be......

He's already had the chances,but I suppose one more wouldn't hurt  ;D

Offline chungt79

• Boys Pen
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #238 on: October 5, 2003, 07:51:01 pm »
The boy has talent, but he should not be playing in matches against teams like Arsenal. He looked  lost yesterday. If he has potential to become a superstar, none of these would matter. We would know it by now. However, he does have enough potential to hold a spot on the first team consistently in the future. But as always, we wil have to wait and see   ;D

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #239 on: October 5, 2003, 07:54:26 pm »
I know he's young
I know he's barely new
I know it takes time for players to find there feet

But

Evertime Liverpool play a game,me Dad is forever shouting at GH saying "bring Le Tellac on"
Every time I ask him "why"
I mean he has been given enough chances to shine,to show the fans and the team what he his capable of,but I'm yet to see him do anything impressive,infact I don't think I've whitnessed him being able to keep control of the ball every time he get's it 9 times out of 10 he gives it away.

I know before you all start "give the lad a chance"

Well my answer to that would be......

He's already had the chances,but I suppose one more wouldn't hurt  ;D

Don't let your dad read that, he might disown you for belittling the ability of Le Talent :P ::)
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home