Author Topic: 1st Annual RAWK Anonymous UEFA Champions League Rules-Discussion & Poll Thread  (Read 4804 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
If I don't get a vote it's not an issue, I just pick randomly with my eyes closed anyway.

You want in mate? There’s space!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
You want in mate? There’s space!!!

No thanks.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Lets crack on with this one now, that other drafts dead in the water and needs voiding

:lmao

Not like you to be funny...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
5 spaces left lads
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
I'm in if there's space, if not, keep me on an alternates list.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Ah fuck it if you need someone, I'll enter. It's just putting a team together and then slagging off who we think Samie and Claus are in charge of.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah fuck it if you need someone, I'll enter. It's just putting a team together and then slagging off who we think Samie and Claus are in charge of.

Perfect mate...  We'll take good care of yer.  Who knows?  You might be the subterfuge king!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You're In!   In it to win it....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
In if needed.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Ban this man Trend, he has no taste.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm in if possible.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's nepotism if Andy get's Bayern Munich.  :wave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In if needed.

Oh. I quite like this.... one more spot, then :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Claus
JT
Lobo
Samie/Prof (bring him in - it'll be fun to have the Dream Team) - 1 vote per team
Lawnmower
BB/King Luis - 1 vote per team
Viva BG Champ
GLB
Hazell
Sheer Mag
Lastrador
Drinks Sangria
Elzar
Andy Muller
Tubby
BD Nick
DeFacto

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 03:33:36 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Prof is busy, I ride solo  once again.  8)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm in.

I thought you had included me :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I’ll play please.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
If that's too many now I'm happy to drop out and watch from afar.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Claus
JT
Lobo
Samie/Prof (bring him in - it'll be fun to have the Dream Team) - 1 vote per team
Lawnmower
BB/King Luis - 1 vote per team
*Viva BG Champ*
GLB
Hazell
Sheer Mag
Lastrador
Drinks Sangria
Elzar
Andy Muller
Tubby

Only 1 spot left

If we have more than 16, I recommend partnering up.   1 vote per team. :)

PIM
Nick
Max Powers

Need to get one of these lads

Fixed

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Happy to drop out too to let others in if needed. I've peaked with my last team anyway
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy to drop out too to let others in if needed. I've peaked with my last team anyway

Never Claus.  Just fucking never... get your head on straight.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm in.

I thought you had included me :D

Yeah, I do not know where the fuck my head was --- yes you're in..
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If that's too many now I'm happy to drop out and watch from afar.

Is there one of these rapscallions you might want to partner with? 

Maybe someone who has skills in subterfuge, merging your keen footballing instincts with some premium kaka...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 03:38:32 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fixed

Man, its already count down to ECL and I have made at least three glaring errors!  Fantastic.

Champ! Can never take it away... Holiday Bobby!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Is there one of these rapscallions you might want to partner with? 

No I hate them all.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No I hate them all.

You're a simple man...  Find a solution where you are involved, I have special plans for you mately :))

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We've done drafts with 25 people for fuck sakes, 16 was just the optimum amount need if we wanted to do groups and a proper knockouts.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
As I said, I'm in if you need someone.

You clearly don't so I'm out!  :wave

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nabil never had you down as a chicken.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As I said, I'm in if you need someone.

You clearly don't so I'm out!  :wave

You posted.  You're in - Committed.  Sorry.  But maybe you'll take on someone --- where you can specialize in the subterfuge part. :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We've done drafts with 25 people for fuck sakes, 16 was just the optimum amount need if we wanted to do groups and a proper knockouts.

Well, this is an idea....

But how do you get ECL groups and 32 teams with 18 or 20 managers?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Didn't even notice this thread running until now. Without the word draft in the title, I assumed it was one of those fantasy football leagues  ;D

Anyway, good stuff Trend. Happy to see my consortium idea going down well. That's how the Battle of the Club Sides draft worked and it went pretty well. Less pure as Claus points out, but definietly better balanced and fairer on all. As I said over PM, I'm also totally FOR Liverpool being included in either scenario.

I had one other idea I meant to send you... would it be possible to do a separate tournament for the second teams? So these teams get their chance to shine without depending on a good draw or a good wildcard. I know it would mean extra work for you, but I'd be really interested to see who the best of the rest are.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 04:04:46 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't even notice this thread running until now. Without the word draft in the title, I assumed it was one of those fantasy football leagues  ;D

Anyway, good stuff Trend. Happy to see my consortium idea going down well. That's how the Battle of the Club Sides draft worked and it went pretty well. Less pure as Claus points out, but definietly better balanced and fairer on all. As I said over PM, I'm also totally FOR Liverpool being included in either scenario.

I had one other idea I meant to send you... would it be possible to do a separate tournament for the second teams? So these teams get their chance to shine without depending on a good draw or a good wildcard. I know it would mean extra work for you, but I'd be really interested to see who the best of the rest are.

Yep Betty, like you said in your email, the simulations of running the first style league made it clear that the consortium approach with Steals and separate point system for subterfuge fun was a better approach.   People will have to get used to newness, but will enjoy building their teams more.

And everyone is in the same boat with their second teams.   

Was thinking of turning it into a Europa League draw actually, available for both the 32 Team Champions League Limit --- but once out - Fall to a new Cup chase.    Just those teams.  It solves both problems - structure and competition.

But I could not reconcile the point totals in the overall Managerial Rankings (especially after adding a new subterfuge system).

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 04:12:55 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Was thinking of turning into a Europa League draw actually, available for the 32 Team Champions League Limit --- but once out - Fall to a new Cup chase.    Just those teams.  But I could not reconcile the point totals in the overall Managerial Rankings (especially after adding a new subterfuge system).

Thoughts?

I like that as well. Fits the CL theme of the draft perfectly. Definitely a good way to honour those teams who may be able to put a good 11 together but just not quite strong enough to compete with the biggest teams.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I like that as well. Fits the CL theme of the draft perfectly. Definitely a good way to honour those teams who may be able to put a good 11 together but just not quite strong enough to compete with the biggest teams.

How do we set up the points for that competition.  Do we want that kind of equivalency or am I being pedantic here.

I am thinking the Europa cup draw of the 1st 16 teams out (might be a winner take all the points type of thing).    Make it worth 15 points to the winner.  See how this changes up Manager Rankings?

Thoughts
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 04:43:28 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
And you could potentially do a Super Cup final, with the winner from the CL facing the winner of the EL in the end.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Maybe do 8 groups of 4. Top 2 through to the CL knockouts, like you did with the Euros, and then the 3rd place teams into a EL quarter final draw?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And you could potentially do a Super Cup final, with the winner from the CL facing the winner of the EL in the end.

O Face!!!

DeFactoooooooooo  scores
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is becoming epic! We'll be playing our Champions League final simultaneously with the real thing. I love it!