Author Topic: The Also-Ran Draft  (Read 16117 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Also-Ran Draft
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2021, 12:28:08 am »
Nothing beats the first two Sheep Drafts for brutality. But fuckin' hell some of youse ain't ready  for that level.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2021, 12:28:16 am »
Nothing is set in stone until the draft thread goes up
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Philanthropist

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2021, 12:38:22 am »
Hi guys. Looking forward to this. Also new blood.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2021, 12:42:01 am »
Hi guys. Looking forward to this. Also new blood.

Welcome!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2021, 12:50:28 am »
I'd get rid of Copa Libertardores as it's absolutely useless.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2021, 12:53:31 am »

I think you could drop the UEFA Cup too, and make it CL only, since it's a sorta anti-Trend draft

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2021, 12:54:57 am »
I think you could drop the UEFA Cup too, and make it CL only, since it's a sorta anti-Trend draft

Nah, not dropping the UEFA Cup. There are some gems in there. There's not enough players to go around if it's just losers in the CL who have never won it.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2021, 12:55:20 am »

Nah, fuck that. I've already spent an hour going through every tournament. There are some good'uns in there. Not many, but better than none.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2021, 12:58:18 am »
Just to clarify the current rules (which might change) are players who have not won European Cup, UEFA Cup, Cup Winners Cup and Copa Libertadores but have played in the final?

So they might have lost in the final of the CL but won the UEFA Cup and then they'll still not be available.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2021, 01:02:22 am »
Just to clarify the current rules (which might change) are players who have not won European Cup, UEFA Cup, Cup Winners Cup and Copa Libertadores but have played in the final?

So they might have lost in the final of the CL but won the UEFA Cup and then they'll still not be available.

Yep, if they've won any of them they're ineligible.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2021, 01:10:48 am »
Nah, fuck that. I've already spent an hour going through every tournament. There are some good'uns in there. Not many, but better than none.

Masochist!  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2021, 02:52:26 am »
Okay, even I have limits. I've gone through every final and barely even have enough players on my list to cover every drafter.

How about never won any of those trophies (EC, UEFA, CWC, Copa) + Garrincha is banned + minimum 150 appearances in the top flight (to prevent cop out youngster picks). So that allows players like Le Tissier in as well.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2021, 02:55:29 am »
Okay, even I have limits. I've gone through every final and barely even have enough players on my list to cover every drafter.

How about never won any of those trophies (EC, UEFA, CWC, Copa) + Garrincha is banned + minimum 150 appearances in the top flight (to prevent cop out youngster picks). So that allows players like Le Tissier in as well.

I'm fine with it, only half way through EC and UEFA --- and already feel like the picks are constipated.  Onto the CWC and Copa... Hope we have a little bit more time to research this --- gonna be some angry drafters :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2021, 03:41:51 am »
My plan to make Le Tissier the poster boy of this draft and then pick him first overall is working out perfectly

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2021, 03:52:56 am »

That works  :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2021, 04:23:54 am »
My plan to make Le Tissier the poster boy of this draft and then pick him first overall is working out perfectly

When did he get to a final of the four competitions?  I am confused
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2021, 04:31:32 am »
When did he get to a final of the four competitions?  I am confused

if we go with never won any of the mentioned trophies, he doesn't have to have played in a final.

That's what Betty is suggesting, not enough players to go around if we just go based on losers in any of the finals.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2021, 04:41:59 am »
if we go with never won any of the mentioned trophies, he doesn't have to have played in a final.

That's what Betty is suggesting, not enough players to go around if we just go based on losers in any of the finals.

Ahhhh.  We have to use our imagination.  Medium clubs with big fish also to pile onto the rigors of the 4 competitions.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2021, 04:53:37 am »
Yeah so:

Never won any version of:

European Cup
UEFA Cup
Cup Winners Cup
Copa Libertadores

Must have:

150 top flight appearances

Must not be:

Garrincha

Done.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2021, 09:04:43 am »
Must have played in the final or no?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2021, 09:19:49 am »
If draft professionals have trawled through 30 years worth of finals and are struggling them I definitely haven’t got the time for this one, sorry!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2021, 09:26:41 am »
Yeah this is a lot tougher than I expected if we take off UEFA and Cup Winners Cup too!

I’d be tempted to go for a CL/Copa Libertadores Losers one, as in played/on bench for a final but never won either
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2021, 09:59:04 am »
If draft professionals have trawled through 30 years worth of finals and are struggling them I definitely haven’t got the time for this one, sorry!
Yeah this is a lot tougher than I expected if we take off UEFA and Cup Winners Cup too!

I’d be tempted to go for a CL/Copa Libertadores Losers one, as in played/on bench for a final but never won either

We've already changed it. No need to play in any of the finals makes it easy peasy. There are buckets of players who never won any of these trophies. Think of all the players who sat loyal at average clubs, missed out due to injuries, played in very competitive leagues/time periods etc

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2021, 10:18:27 am »
Ahhh ok cool yeah that does make it a lot easier
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2021, 01:48:21 pm »
When is this shit starting?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2021, 01:50:36 pm »

When the other draft ends and when we get the 16h position filled. So make your calls, do your thing and get one more person to sign up

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2021, 01:59:54 pm »

We'll need a start up page - and Clausy might not be up for another hour or two... Stay calm and vote LMM.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2021, 02:11:15 pm »

No it's easy now. You can get Le Tissier or Kane!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2021, 02:11:55 pm »

One more person!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2021, 02:14:06 pm »
One more person!

What are the final rules again?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2021, 02:14:19 pm »
What the hell are you doing up so early? :D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2021, 02:30:24 pm »
What are the final rules again?

Yeah so:

Never won any version of:

European Cup
UEFA Cup
Cup Winners Cup
Copa Libertadores

Must have:

150 top flight appearances

Must not be:

Garrincha

Done.

What the hell are you doing up so early? :D

Don't worry I'll be asleep again in 30!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2021, 02:51:03 pm »
If Tubby and Nick jump in, I can jump out and all will be right in the world! Come on lads!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2021, 03:01:21 pm »
Looks like waaaay too research-heavy.   Gonna skip it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2021, 03:10:29 pm »
Fatty, do you think i do any research...ever?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2021, 03:10:58 pm »
Looks like waaaay too research-heavy.   Gonna skip it.

150 appearances, never won a European trophy?

You have the whole of Man City to start with pal. Super easy.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2021, 03:16:42 pm »
Wait, why are we adding this 150 bullshit?

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2021, 03:18:44 pm »
Wait, why are we adding this 150 bullshit?

So you don't pick Billy Gilmour to sneak around the criteria.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2021, 03:19:28 pm »
As if I fuckin' would. Have some respect for me mate.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2021, 06:43:11 pm »
Claus getting this draft going!!!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: