Author Topic: RAWK Holiday World Cup Draft (Anonymous)  (Read 14646 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: RAWK Holiday World Cup Draft (Anonymous)
« Reply #120 on: December 7, 2020, 06:08:18 pm »
I dont understand why this is all so serious. The emphasis is meant to be fun and trend has just sent me DM's giving me a bollocking for revealing one of my teams!  ;D

Well, some of the fun is waning here for me. 

Allow me to tell you and everyone else why in public and in private

1. I have spent my time writing an OP and other clarifying posts (clearly it says Anonymous in the title for a World Cup Draft) - so by posting your assigned team after Samie disclosed his reduces my efforts.
2. You mentioned that you could not be arsed to complete an eleven from a particular country (however I sent you a website resource to help you on your path in your assignment -- and teams not due for 2 days)
3. Then you made some kind of comment about the team you have been assigned that their lack of ability to get a point (as if you know what other teams will be in your group - it is to be determined at this point).
4. And you had wished this was hybrid draft.  Fine good idea. Post it in the Draft Thread.

Many people here have been fantastic in asking questions, even though their team assignments were not everything they asked for...  32 teams means one of two things (1 good/1difficult) or (2 pretty balanced sides).

Between Samie bungling the beginning of draft and Xabi disclosing one of his teams and then quitting, I am considering ending this thing before it begins.

The rebuke here is not meant for the large majority of people here rolling with the new punches.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2020, 06:34:09 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 7, 2020, 06:08:45 pm »
I'll need to read the rules but apparently someone wants teaming up?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 7, 2020, 06:08:47 pm »
Yeah he 'won' it! Even though everyone else pretty much picked the team for him! First name on the sheet? Breitner! breitner breitner breitner. He forgot about everyone else

Don't diss the B-Man, LMan.  :D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 7, 2020, 06:12:18 pm »
Trend is revising the 20 cap rule, to 10 caps!

Mate keep the draft, I hope you don't quit, it's a fantastic idea, let's make it happen.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 7, 2020, 06:14:09 pm »

Mate keep the draft, I hope you don't quit, it's a fantastic idea, let's make it happen.

;D
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 7, 2020, 06:14:27 pm »
Yeah stick with it. Can you not give Samie new teams, crap ones

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 7, 2020, 06:16:05 pm »
Just kick Samie out of the draft please.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 7, 2020, 06:20:16 pm »
Yeah that's better for the older decades and the more 'shite' countries. Like having to find players from the 70s and 80s with 20 caps for the lesser european, south american or african teams could be difficult (even though Trent did give links to blogs in relation to the countries you were allocated, which is appreciated!)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 7, 2020, 06:24:01 pm »
Hey lads,

Make sure all teams are PM’ed to me and NOT posted in the main thread 😂⚽️ - when ready
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 7, 2020, 06:37:51 pm »
Done and submitted!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 7, 2020, 06:39:59 pm »
Yeah stick with it. Can you not give Samie new teams, crap ones

Haha!

Poor guy, he finally gets dealt four of a kind and he tells everyone.

Maybe he’s got a strategy, we’ve not uncovered here but I’m a pick and stick kind of guy.

Would have been wonderful watching him sneak up on people - anywho Samie keeps his teams 🤣

Sir Pyscho - are you up for a team?  I think XabiArt has left us - if so let me know
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 7, 2020, 06:47:35 pm »
Where's Panenka XA?  :o  :D

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #132 on: December 7, 2020, 06:49:25 pm »
Where's Panenka XA?  :o  :D

:D

I am very tired.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #133 on: December 7, 2020, 06:56:44 pm »
Czechoslovakia

Were they your 'shit' team? Man, I'd kill for a team that good. I can't even find enough right backs and CBs who were actually real players for mine.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 7, 2020, 07:09:05 pm »
:D

I am very tired.

On a personal note, I wish you and your family well. Fowler knows you've earned it.

On a football forum level, the fact that I have to remind you that I have a family too and have taken time out of my schedule to run this means my chill is on layaway.
I apologize for not having more empathy, but in my defense it appeared you showed up for the fun bits and then decided to leave when it did not go your way immediately, possibly without reading the thread.  Then, you took our DM conversation and broadcast it to thread as if I am the cause of your "chill" problem.  Not cool.

Part of getting along with another involves understanding why my chill was lost and how you contributed to it  (and vice versa).

Anyhow, it sounds like you have made your choice, and again in a football sense Doc Holliday sums up my patience:

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #135 on: December 7, 2020, 07:10:52 pm »
Did we establish that you can bungle quite a few players from the same era as long as they have twenty caps apiece across two decades

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 7, 2020, 07:19:11 pm »
Were they your 'shit' team? Man, I'd kill for a team that good. I can't even find enough right backs and CBs who were actually real players for mine.

This was my exact response too. 

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: December 7, 2020, 07:24:37 pm »
Did we establish that you can bungle quite a few players from the same era as long as they have twenty caps apiece across two decades

Yes... you can cross the streams (and it is now 10 caps mate)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 7, 2020, 07:31:35 pm »
I'm seriously picking a 5 decade long draft here and not a clue who the centre midfielders will be. Can find some, they're there, but never heard of them in my life! :lmao

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 7, 2020, 07:35:23 pm »
Happy to help mate.  :D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 7, 2020, 07:37:48 pm »
Happy to help mate.  :D
Breitner doesn't qualify for me mate, or ball

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 7, 2020, 07:38:46 pm »
Can we see a list of the countries chosen? for wildcard purposes. Seeing the countries chosen doesnt give anything away does it?

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #142 on: December 7, 2020, 07:42:48 pm »
I'm seriously picking a 5 decade long draft here and not a clue who the centre midfielders will be. Can find some, they're there, but never heard of them in my life! :lmao

Some of the players I'm picking between don't even have wiki pages.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #143 on: December 7, 2020, 07:43:35 pm »
Zaire have fuck all after 2000’s, wouldn’t mind but Congo have fuck all from before 2000 so my teams are gonna be shit
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 7, 2020, 07:43:50 pm »
Fuckin 'hell do they even have former names like Rhodesia?  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 7, 2020, 08:04:55 pm »
Can we see a list of the countries chosen? for wildcard purposes. Seeing the countries chosen doesnt give anything away does it?

Wildcard rules

1.  Finalizing Wildcards happens before the draw (so you won't know) and the teams will not be drawn until Wed/Thurs this week.
2.  If two teams select the same player for their wildcard (not national team picks) - then neither get the player
3.  WC picks are done in private with the commissioner - I will contact you if there is a problem or if you have not indicated on your lineup who you intend to WC 
4.  Each manager (16) only gets 1 wildcard player between the two teams he's managing (not 1 WC per team) 
« Last Edit: December 7, 2020, 08:22:51 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 7, 2020, 08:21:37 pm »
 :thumbup

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 7, 2020, 08:25:07 pm »
If you have England and Zimbabwe you can use your PL wildcard on Zimbabwe too, confirmed that with Trend yesterday.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #148 on: December 7, 2020, 08:36:38 pm »
What a to do. Et tu Brute? I thought we were mates, Trend? Some cryarsing going on but I'm looking forward to working on my 2nd string. My big team?........

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 7, 2020, 08:41:06 pm »
Done and submitted!

Nicely done Andy.  Would you mind sending me the decades and if/who your wild card choice was?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 7, 2020, 08:45:32 pm »
What a to do. Et tu Brute? I thought we were mates, Trend? Some cryarsing going on but I'm looking forward to working on my 2nd string. My big team?........

Making some killer points here Cuddletree.  Until the draw is determined, what might appear to be your strong team and weak team might be very different :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 7, 2020, 08:47:43 pm »
If you have England and Zimbabwe you can use your PL wildcard on Zimbabwe too, confirmed that with Trend yesterday.

This is true.  You get 1 WC and can use on either team.  Make your "stronger" team better or "improve" your less rated one. 

Then again, who knows how it will turn out.  Thanks Claus for reminding us.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2020, 08:58:15 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 7, 2020, 09:03:33 pm »

Some of the players I'm picking between don't even have wiki pages.

I'm just picking the players with the coolest sounding names.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 7, 2020, 09:37:12 pm »
I’ve got a cracking player that the hipsters in here will love!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #154 on: December 7, 2020, 09:45:30 pm »
I'm just picking the players with the coolest sounding names.

Mine don’t even have that. Serious vowel shortage going on.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #155 on: December 7, 2020, 09:46:07 pm »
I’ve got a cracking player that the hipsters in here will love!

I have got a few of those as well. I have one player that would win 3-4 penalties guaranteed in the VAR era, using his specials trick. And no its not Bruno

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #156 on: December 7, 2020, 11:18:03 pm »
Can genuinely say I’d never heard of 9 of the 22 players I’ve selected until an hour ago. :D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 7, 2020, 11:34:19 pm »
I am really happy with the teams I've put together. Don't think I'm winning it but this was really really fun.

Thanks Trend!  ;D
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 8, 2020, 12:54:33 am »
I am really happy with the teams I've put together. Don't think I'm winning it but this was really really fun.

Thanks Trend!  ;D

Appreciate it mate. 

The really funny thing is that we think we know who is gonna win, but human nature is funny. 

Not having personal relationships involved in the voting and adding new elements of underdog strands in a random draw World Cup All-time draft where you have to meet criteria ----> leads to much more uncertainty of outcome.

One might think that the perceived top 6 teams historically in the tournament will have a big advantage, but this the anonymity plus getting stuck in a group of death means teams that thought they had it, could go out early.

We'll see -- but the manager who gets two teams into knockouts has a real shot at this.   

One more thing is that we have tended to vote for people's teams in the past.  Here you will be asked to vote on each game  Win / Draw / Loss.  You will definitely see more draws or upsets not as a tactic to win and screw everyone over, but as a one off - matchups are more important than reputation.

We'll see if this holds. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 8, 2020, 09:01:07 am »

Thanks Trend!  ;D
Oh you got Brazil didn't you?? They better have got paired with North Korea or some shite