Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 589311 times)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3880 on: October 21, 2019, 12:02:28 pm »
Happy for him. He would have been an immense player for us had it not been for injuries.
Ive still got hope for him, not in a deluded way that people had for Sturridge, I think he can still be an asset.  Hes not unfit.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3881 on: October 21, 2019, 12:06:14 pm »
What I wouldn't give to be able to stick Lallana's brain in one of the younger lad's bodies.

Still, 20 mins here and there at the end of matches could add up to a huge impact this year.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #3882 on: October 21, 2019, 01:34:57 pm »
What did he say to the crowd after he scored yesterday?
English isn't my primary language and lips reading isn't easy for me.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3883 on: October 21, 2019, 02:12:45 pm »
"Fucking what.....hey"

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3884 on: October 21, 2019, 03:12:39 pm »

'Jet fuel can't melt steel beams'

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3885 on: October 21, 2019, 03:52:54 pm »
"Everton are fucking shite"
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3886 on: October 21, 2019, 03:53:01 pm »
Got to play on Wednesday against Genk surely.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3887 on: October 21, 2019, 04:16:03 pm »
AOC and Keita are ahead of him in pecking order and need minutes, so no. Unless Klopp makes more changes than I'm assuming he will.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3888 on: October 21, 2019, 04:19:11 pm »
Made up for him.

Gets dogs abuse for daring to be injured for more than a season

Can see what the dressing room thinks of him with all the positive messages he received. I'm glad our lads have that bubble within and Klopp needs to make sure he maintains that
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3889 on: October 21, 2019, 04:43:18 pm »
Would have been interesting to see how the game materialised if he'd come on at HT even in that role. Loved his cameo and the 3 subs can hold their heads high as they all worked hard for that result.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3890 on: October 22, 2019, 07:01:25 am »
What's preventing Lallana from getting more minutes? Keita and Ox's fitness issues are more documented and thus explained, but what's holding Lallana back here?

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3891 on: October 22, 2019, 09:45:33 am »
A fair few of our fan base can't stand that he's still part of the squad and I think that's mainly down to his injuries. If he can stay fit then I certainly wouldn't be writing him off yet. Needs to be able to contribute this season though.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3892 on: October 22, 2019, 11:05:37 am »
AOC and Keita are ahead of him in pecking order and need minutes, so no. Unless Klopp makes more changes than I'm assuming he will.
Lallana came on ahead of Keita so not sure that’s the case at the moment.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3893 on: October 22, 2019, 05:12:06 pm »
Would like to see him start in the midfield 3 role against genk.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3894 on: November 2, 2019, 09:23:35 pm »
Thought he played well today. Moved the ball around quickly, and should have scored to.
Just watching the game back and he seems to be involved as much as anyone

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3895 on: November 2, 2019, 09:56:43 pm »
I didn't manage to watch the game so can someone please confirm what role he played?  I'm guessing Hendo took Fabinho's spot and Lallana played on the right side of the three.

That he's played the best part of two complete games in four days is really good news.  He brings a different skillset to the rest of our midfielders; less physicality and more craft.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3896 on: November 2, 2019, 10:04:11 pm »
I didn't manage to watch the game so can someone please confirm what role he played?  I'm guessing Hendo took Fabinho's spot and Lallana played on the right side of the three.

That he's played the best part of two complete games in four days is really good news.  He brings a different skillset to the rest of our midfielders; less physicality and more craft.
Looked to me that he started deepest, but second half was moved further forward.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3897 on: November 3, 2019, 07:38:47 am »
Thought he played well today. Moved the ball around quickly, and should have scored to.
Just watching the game back and he seems to be involved as much as anyone
Totally agree. He ran out of gas and missed a chance - that he'd made a great run to get onto - but he was quality. He played like a regista - like Jorginho or someone like that. I think Klopp's right that he's actually a really good option when we dominate possession.,
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3898 on: November 3, 2019, 07:46:53 am »
Totally agree. He ran out of gas and missed a chance - that he'd made a great run to get onto - but he was quality. He played like a regista - like Jorginho or someone like that. I think Klopp's right that he's actually a really good option when we dominate possession.,

I couldn't catch the full game yesterday, where do you think we/the midfield went wrong first half?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3899 on: November 3, 2019, 08:11:08 am »
I couldn't catch the full game yesterday, where do you think we/the midfield went wrong first half?
I don't think it actually did go that wrong. We utterly dominated possession, had Firmino's chalked off, two strong penalty shouts and all we got from them was a booking, and conceded from a situation that we defend better than any other team in the league. Yes, there was some bad decision making, (eg Hendo putting in a few unnecessary lofted crosses to no-one) but we could easily have finished that half 2-0 upon another day and no-one blinks an eye. In the 2nd we were just utterly dominant and fully, fully deserved at least the two we got -not to mention another two clear penalty shouts denied with a handball and a push on Virgil.

The reason people think we played badly is that it's difficult to see what a team's doing well when you're 1-0 down, the ref's a dick and it's not quite happening for you in the final third.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3900 on: November 3, 2019, 08:21:30 am »
I don't think it actually did go that wrong. We utterly dominated possession, had Firmino's chalked off, two strong penalty shouts and all we got from them was a booking, and conceded from a situation that we defend better than any other team in the league. Yes, there was some bad decision making, (eg Hendo putting in a few unnecessary lofted crosses to no-one) but we could easily have finished that half 2-0 upon another day and no-one blinks an eye. In the 2nd we were just utterly dominant and fully, fully deserved at least the two we got -not to mention another two clear penalty shouts denied with a handball and a push on Virgil.

The reason people think we played badly is that it's difficult to see what a team's doing well when you're 1-0 down, the ref's a dick and it's not quite happening for you in the final third.

Agree with you, didn’t think the midfield as a whole did a lot wrong. I think the thing that perhaps held us back, in the first half at least, was poor decisions/poor final ball mainly from the front 3. We were the dominant team for the majority of the game, despite them actually playing or at least defending pretty well.

Out of the midfield 3 thought Lallana had the better game, was constantly involved and as I said above he moved the ball quickly and pressed really well.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3901 on: November 3, 2019, 09:24:56 am »

Overall played well. That chance though, he's so two-footed he could have easily used his left peg to take the shot.

Great to have him as an option in the midfield. We now have seven midfield players who all can come in and "do a job" for this team. Going to be key to our success this season.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3902 on: November 3, 2019, 01:04:56 pm »
Midfield wasn't too bad and Lallana was ok but not sure why Klopp binned off Henderson at #6 when they both play together. For me it's clearly more useful to have Lallana as the #8 to receive the ball higher up the pitch between the lines and help us progress more through midfield against bus parkers and he also presses better from that position. There wasn't a huge difference between him and Hendo using the ball as the #6 (compared to as the #8) and we lose a bit of physicality.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3903 on: November 3, 2019, 02:00:35 pm »
He's the one the team go to if they're in a tight spot as they know his technique will make any ball into him okay. Playing from deep that is so important particularly if you are being pressed. He wasn't perfect yesterday but considering his lack of game time over the past year, it wasn't far off. Great option for us as a 6 or 8 or a 6 and a half. Just stay fit, please, Adam. We fucking need you!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3904 on: November 3, 2019, 02:59:34 pm »
Love his technique as a 6 because he can spin off in either direction when he's pressed.  But if he doesn't get away from that initial press he struggles a bit because he doesn't have the physicality to power away from people.  Definitely a good option there when we're playing teams who'll surrender possession, but he doesn't have the defensive instincts of Fabinho, or the ability to cover ground to fill in the gaps like the Brazilian.  Not that many do.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3905 on: November 3, 2019, 03:02:59 pm »
Klopp has always loved him.  He works so hard and epitomizes the work ethic he seeks.

His legs aren’t there any more, but Klopp clearly trusts him.

And why not?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3906 on: November 3, 2019, 06:53:57 pm »
Midfield wasn't too bad and Lallana was ok but not sure why Klopp binned off Henderson at #6 when they both play together. For me it's clearly more useful to have Lallana as the #8 to receive the ball higher up the pitch between the lines and help us progress more through midfield against bus parkers and he also presses better from that position. There wasn't a huge difference between him and Hendo using the ball as the #6 (compared to as the #8) and we lose a bit of physicality.
Probably because Henderson's role since relinquishing no. 6 is to provide constant cover for TAA (both defensively and also by overlapping him to open space for TAA's crosses). That role needing to exist aside from a dedicated no 6.

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #3907 on: November 3, 2019, 10:25:36 pm »
I reckon I'm Lallana's biggest fan.

Such a shame to see injuries robbing him of a few seasons when he should've been at his best but his class still shines through.

Very good technique. A proper footballer.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3908 on: November 3, 2019, 10:33:31 pm »
For three years people have been saying that his time here is done :D

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #3909 on: November 3, 2019, 10:40:13 pm »
Love his technique as a 6 because he can spin off in either direction when he's pressed.  But if he doesn't get away from that initial press he struggles a bit because he doesn't have the physicality to power away from people.  Definitely a good option there when we're playing teams who'll surrender possession, but he doesn't have the defensive instincts of Fabinho, or the ability to cover ground to fill in the gaps like the Brazilian.  Not that many do.

Agree entirely with that. And that’s why, I’m sure, Klopp played him as the 6 yesterday and Hendo as the right sided m/f.

It’s a great pity his career here has seen him injury riven. At 32 you feel it’s extremely unlikely he’s ever now going to be called on as other than for cameos. Agree with the poster who lamented that he and we were robbed of his prime years.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #3910 on: November 3, 2019, 11:33:27 pm »
Agree entirely with that. And that’s why, I’m sure, Klopp played him as the 6 yesterday and Hendo as the right sided m/f.

It’s a great pity his career here has seen him injury riven. At 32 you feel it’s extremely unlikely he’s ever now going to be called on as other than for cameos. Agree with the poster who lamented that he and we were robbed of his prime years.

When you're competing for like 6 trophies a year you need good squad men like Lallana. I enjoyed his game on the weekend - he didn't shy away from the role - made a few tackles and most importantly always showed for the ball and kept it moving - exactly what you want from a regista which is where I think Klopp sees his future in the team

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3911 on: November 4, 2019, 12:13:35 am »

Not me. Three years ago I was suggesting that Jurgen might eventually turn to Lallana to play no. 6......

When you get a player dropping back into the number 6 position and taking creative responsibility then you see the considerable difference it can make. Lallana did this on at least two occasions last season - Middlesbrough away and Everton away. Can did it after Hendo was substituted in Hoffenheim. We were galvanised each time. It was wonderful to see. Eventually - soon? - I'd like to see Lallana take the role permanently at Liverpool.

This was pre-Fabinho, but it was clear as day that Lallana could be a big creative force in front of the defence. The man's technique and his perception of what is happening around him are exemplary.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3912 on: November 4, 2019, 12:37:55 am »

Definitely in his last season.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3913 on: November 4, 2019, 12:40:22 am »
Definitely in his last season.

Not if he is turned into a 6 and back up for Fabinho.

Can see both him and Milner been offered new contracts.

*in fact today's Telegraph is stating Lallana will be offered a new contract.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2019, 12:47:04 am by Fordy »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3914 on: November 4, 2019, 01:01:01 am »

Even if that is the case I cannot see him accepting what we would/should be offering.

And he is no No6.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3915 on: November 4, 2019, 01:06:22 am »
And he is no No6.

Klopp disagrees and this is where your credibility runs out.

Even if that is the case I cannot see him accepting what we would/should be offering.

Why would he not accept an extension at the best club in the country, Europe and the world? Ridiculous sentiment. He can pick up a good wage, look after his body as he won't be needed every single week, and win oodles of medals. In fact he'd be daft to turn an extension down unless its a ludicrous wage reduction.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3916 on: November 4, 2019, 01:07:04 am »
He’s on a sizeable wage and has barely contributed a thing in 3 years.

Hope he can be an asset whilst he’s still here, but he will go the same way as Sturridge next summer.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3917 on: November 4, 2019, 01:11:04 am »

I'm not on the "Lallana No.6 bandwagon" yet, but I do agree with your 2nd sentence on the contracts. And it's Milner every day of the week for me. Milner is not as skillful as Lallana, who's a wonderful player on his day, but Milnere offer far more stability IMHO.

Quite surprised if we offer Lallana a new contract unless it's a year extension with playing clauses.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3918 on: November 4, 2019, 01:12:17 am »

Hope he can be an asset whilst he’s still here, but he will go the same way as Sturridge next summer.

Turkish Süper Lig? I don't see it at all. I could be wrong though. Sturridge, as much as I love him, struck me as a guy who wanted to be one of the main men in a team - with a style built around him. Lallana seems to me the kind of guy who is willing to play a role and contribute when needed without being annoyed he's not playing every single game.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3919 on: November 4, 2019, 01:13:00 am »

We didn't offer Sturridge a new contract but looks like we will be with Lallana.