Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 590497 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4000 on: December 30, 2019, 10:47:39 am »
he raises the bar, his next would be assisting with his dick

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: December 30, 2019, 10:48:07 am »
I'd keep him on for one more season, puts in a decent shift when called upon

At his age he will want to go and play I’m sure. Chances will be further limited with Minamino arriving and potentially Harry Wilson back in the summer

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4002 on: December 30, 2019, 10:48:23 am »
He was quality yesterday.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4003 on: December 30, 2019, 10:49:42 am »
James Pearce already confirmed he will be leaving in the summer.

But the club hasn't.

It was reported that we're trying to offer him a new contract.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: December 30, 2019, 11:03:38 am »

I hope so. He showed yesterday and in the Everton game that he very much has a place in our squad. If we can get another year out of him, all the better.

Would also understand if he wanted to move on though. And good luck to him whatever he does.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4005 on: December 30, 2019, 11:36:51 am »
But the club hasn't.

Reported by whom?

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4006 on: December 30, 2019, 11:40:17 am »
Reported by whom?

Googling “Lallana contract” turns up plenty of clickbait but nothing you’d actually trust.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4007 on: December 30, 2019, 11:41:14 am »
So James Pearce versus clickbait, then.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4008 on: December 30, 2019, 11:57:16 am »
Googling “Lallana contract” turns up plenty of clickbait but nothing you’d actually trust.

Think you need to improve your internet skills.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/03/adam-lallana-emerging-target-clubs-china-mls-liverpool-contract/amp/

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4009 on: December 30, 2019, 05:25:42 pm »
Think you need to improve your internet skills.

Or maybe I should rephrase my comment:
Googling "Lallana contract" brings up plenty of stories that appear to me not to have any substance behind them, but you are perfectly entitled to hold an alternative view.  :)

I did see that Telegraph story but I don't think it tells us anything meaningful. The Klopp quote artfully avoids answering the question. Or am I reading it wrong?

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: December 30, 2019, 07:40:50 pm »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4011 on: December 30, 2019, 11:46:13 pm »
Lol. I don't think that story and source can be trusted.

Well it's in tomorrow's Telegraph as well that Klopp wants Lallana to stay for at least a year.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4012 on: December 30, 2019, 11:53:58 pm »
Lallana might start again on Thursday as we have to rest Gini or Henderson.

I could see Milner at LB and Lallana in midfield with Keita and Henderson/Gini.

Then Robertson comes in at 60 - Milner goes to mid for Lallana. 

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4013 on: December 31, 2019, 08:02:05 am »
At his age he will want to go and play I’m sure. Chances will be further limited with Minamino arriving and potentially Harry Wilson back in the summer
I doubt this is happening. Sold to the hghest bidder.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4014 on: December 31, 2019, 03:59:55 pm »
The Telelgraph report that Klopp wants Lallana to stay but understands he is too good to be a back-up player and, having gained wide interest, appreciates his desire for first team football should he look to move on.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4015 on: December 31, 2019, 04:02:00 pm »
Probably for the best. He's a terrific player and I really like him but I also wouldn't mind time being given to Curtis Jones, unless he's going on loan next season.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4016 on: December 31, 2019, 04:02:09 pm »
I read Newcastle are interested this January

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4017 on: December 31, 2019, 04:06:45 pm »

Don't think we're letting him go this month, ,particularly with injuries.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4018 on: December 31, 2019, 04:17:32 pm »
Don't think we're letting him go this month, ,particularly with injuries.
I’d prefer he stayed until the summer even if we had no injuries

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4019 on: December 31, 2019, 05:29:56 pm »
Surely he'll stay to maybe win the League and maybe another CL and take part in celebrations. He'd be crazy to leave now
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4020 on: December 31, 2019, 06:57:54 pm »

No chance he's leaving in Jan.. none.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4021 on: December 31, 2019, 07:01:54 pm »
Surely he'll stay to maybe win the League and maybe another CL and take part in celebrations. He'd be crazy to leave now

I think the same. Especially considering his recent comments about winning trophies. If he can stay fit, he'll get minutes. He seems determined and I don't think he'll work on getting fit and staying fit, just to clear off to a mid table side.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4022 on: December 31, 2019, 07:21:11 pm »
I like Lallana he is a good player he has been unlucky with injuries in his time here much like Sturridge was I think he will go at the end of the season.

There is more chance of me playing this season than Klopp letting him go or him wanting to leave.

I believe Pearce in what he says he is normally a cautious man so he wouldn’t say it if he wasn’t sure but there is always the chance of a u-turn.

If he does leave I wish him well and it opens the door for young Jones for next season.

Offline #RedDawn2020

• Main Stander
« Reply #4023 on: December 31, 2019, 07:36:40 pm »
I hope for his and our sake that he stays until the end of the season. He is a nice guy, a good technical player and IIRC Klopp’a neighbour. Beyond the season, I think we have outgrown what he can offer and he is too old and not enough of a dressing room influence like Milner, as well as comparatively too expensive (isn’t he on 100k+ pw as well?). So I think he should be let go if we are looking at and signing a replacement for him in the squad: A young, technical, energetic midfield player that is available and will come to us - which we might or might not already have in Curtis Jones.

Cheers
“Intensity is our identity.”

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: December 31, 2019, 07:46:01 pm »
I hope for his and our sake that he stays until the end of the season. He is a nice guy, a good technical player and IIRC Klopp’a neighbour. Beyond the season, I think we have outgrown what he can offer and he is too old and not enough of a dressing room influence like Milner, as well as comparatively too expensive (isn’t he on 100k+ pw as well?). So I think he should be let go if we are looking at and signing a replacement for him in the squad: A young, technical, energetic midfield player that is available and will come to us - which we might or might not already have in Curtis Jones.

Cheers

The dressing room point is not correct at all. Several players have pointed out his influence in the dressing room.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4025 on: December 31, 2019, 08:01:28 pm »
No chance he's leaving in Jan.. none.

100% this.  He's part of this amazing squad, and he's certainly played his part this season, even if it's been through limited appearances.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: December 31, 2019, 08:24:03 pm »
The Telelgraph report that Klopp wants Lallana to stay but understands he is too good to be a back-up player and, having gained wide interest, appreciates his desire for first team football should he look to move on.

Was that next to the story about the bear being caught taking a dump behind a tree?

It would be insane if there weren't a long line of clubs queuing up for his signature in the summer, but until then he's ours, and an important cog in the machine, so there's no way he's leaving in January. If Klopp can persuade him to stay another year, so much the better.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: December 31, 2019, 08:34:08 pm »
Was that next to the story about the bear being caught taking a dump behind a tree?

It would be insane if there weren't a long line of clubs queuing up for his signature in the summer, but until then he's ours, and an important cog in the machine, so there's no way he's leaving in January. If Klopp can persuade him to stay another year, so much the better.

Huh???

Not sure what you're on about with that first remark.

The Telegraph didn't say we would let him leave in January, but that there are clubs interested for him now. They're also reporting that we want him to sign a one year extension in order to avoid him leaving on a free in the summer.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: December 31, 2019, 08:44:31 pm »
Lallana: "Well let's see - we are challenging for the PL title, the CL, maybe the FA Cup, and we've won the CWC and the Supercup....I should definitely put in a transfer request this january."

I don't think that's his thought process exactly. I maybe wrong and he could be an absolute nut job of blue moon is the game fixed proportions, but I just dont see it.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4029 on: December 31, 2019, 09:01:24 pm »
Not sure what you're on about with that first remark.

Sorry, that was meant to be a dig at the Telegraph, not you.

So we've got an ageing star of a top level Premier League club coming to the end of his contract and the Telegraph are reporting that Chinese and MLS clubs are interested... Well, file under "No shit, Sherlock". It's telling that they didn't actually name any of the Chinese or MLS clubs that are supposedly interested. Nor provide any substantive quotes.

As for the idea that Klopp rates Lallana and would like to hold on to him... We don't need the Telegraph to tell us that either, do we?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4030 on: December 31, 2019, 09:15:48 pm »
No chance he moves in January, doesn't make any sense.  Expect him to see out his contract and move on in the summer.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: December 31, 2019, 09:17:00 pm »
Sorry, that was meant to be a dig at the Telegraph, not you.

So we've got an ageing star of a top level Premier League club coming to the end of his contract and the Telegraph are reporting that Chinese and MLS clubs are interested... Well, file under "No shit, Sherlock". It's telling that they didn't actually name any of the Chinese or MLS clubs that are supposedly interested. Nor provide any substantive quotes.

As for the idea that Klopp rates Lallana and would like to hold on to him... We don't need the Telegraph to tell us that either, do we?

Point taken, but giving him a one year deal to avoid a bosman is interesting news considering we've let others leave on a bosman in recent years

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4032 on: December 31, 2019, 09:45:27 pm »
Point taken, but giving him a one year deal to avoid a bosman is interesting news considering we've let others leave on a bosman in recent years

I was thinking more along the lines of the club wanting to offer him an extension for purely footballing reasons - ie he is still useful to us as a squad member (which he has amply demonstrated in recent games) - not because they need to raise money on a sale. We're not Spurs, after all.

It's not really the same situation as eg Sturridge, where it made more business sense to let him go rather than tie ourselves into paying for a new contract for a player who wasn't really contributing enough to be worth keeping. Lallana still has a role to play for us. It's just a question of whether or not that role suits him.

Anyway, the simple fact remains that right now, none of us really know whether Lallana's future (beyond the end of this season) lies with us or elsewhere.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: December 31, 2019, 11:36:12 pm »
Is argue he presses better than Naby, and although Naby made two good tackles today tracking back, Lallana does that better on the whole as well.

I'd argue they're both excellent players to have and both strengthen the squad and that there's room for both of them at the club?

I'd agree there's room for both, Lallanas's definitely better on the defensive side of the game. There were a few moments where he was on the ball where if he'd played the pass half a second earlier we wouldn't have been offside which I think Naby is quite good at.

Lallana was probably MOTM, his shoulder pass was ultimately the difference.

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #4034 on: December 31, 2019, 11:45:23 pm »

Cheers

We haven’t outgrown what he can offer. He literally just assisted our only goal against Wolves. Also the Man Utd goal. He’s been important and Klopp likes him as a player and a person, and always has.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 11:47:52 pm by Txiki »

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #4035 on: December 31, 2019, 11:49:18 pm »
I'd agree there's room for both, Lallanas's definitely better on the defensive side of the game. There were a few moments where he was on the ball where if he'd played the pass half a second earlier we wouldn't have been offside which I think Naby is quite good at.

Lallana was probably MOTM, his shoulder pass was ultimately the difference.

Interesting. I too think Keita is at his best with the ball at his feet, not as good as others going the other way. Adam Lallana is a very good footballer, and more aware and disciplined when the opposition are in possession. He does have a tendency to miss opportunities for a swift one/two touch pass.

My MoM against Wolves was Mane - superb offensively and defensively, tireless, selfless, mature, a true team performance.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4036 on: January 1, 2020, 03:45:00 pm »
Manager's comments today from the press conference.

The manager was also asked about speculation regarding the future of Lallana, who made his 14th appearance of the season against Wolverhampton Wanderers last time out.

“Everything about Adam Lallana, Adam Lallana knows and I know, and I’m really happy for him that he’s in sensational shape at the moment; that’s what we try to show constantly, as often as we bring him in,” said Klopp.

“He is a very important player in this moment. What will happen in the future, we will see. But for him, wherever it is – here or somewhere else – the only important thing is that he can show he is 100 per cent fit.

“He had some injury problems [that are] completely done; trained, body is super fit, mind in a perfect place, enjoys the time here in the moment. You can see that in each second of training and [when] he plays, very influential.

“But these kind of things we don’t discuss in public, so you have to speculate further.”

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #4037 on: January 1, 2020, 04:07:01 pm »
Done very well when he's come in, such a technically gifted player, who's been unfortunate with injuries.

Absolute zero chance he leaves in January, given the injuries and fixture list.

Whether he moves on in the summer will be down to Klopp and his plans for restructuring the squad. 
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4038 on: January 1, 2020, 11:15:55 pm »
Supremely talented player, and finally seems to have gotten fit. The last 2 years, he's been largely average, but that's predominantly down to fitness issues. We all know he's a class player who tries hard as well. Seems to have the right attitude too.

I think there's no chance we let him go in January. However, I do think he'll be off this summer. He'll turn 32, and though I don't doubt he has another 2 good years at this level in him, the odds of him staying fit and available when he's needed are slim given recent history.

There's also potentially Grujic and Wilson coming back into the fold. That's with Fabinho, Hendo, Gini, Keita, Ox, Milner already here and all of them having had a better contribution over the last 2 years.

If he could stay fit consistently, would be a different story. Sturridge like case sadly. Could go and start for Leicester, Man Utd etc easily right now.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4039 on: January 1, 2020, 11:31:19 pm »
Interesting. I too think Keita is at his best with the ball at his feet, not as good as others going the other way

Not sure why anyone would think this or anything remotely like it  - Keita is posting the most defensive pressures and most possession regains of anyone in the team