Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 544012 times)

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez to leave - official
« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:11 pm »
Why would anyone want him to do well at Barca? A c*nt of a club. Plus we might be competing in the CL together. Fuck Barca. I wish him well on his journey as a human being, as a footballer, I couldn't give a fuck. 

Cheer up chuckles, he and Barca can be super successful all they want, doesn't bother me any which way but loose! If we come up against each other in Europe, well that's different. In the meantime it's alright to wish him well on his way to be with his wife's family and to enjoy that new chapter in his personal and professional life.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:18 pm »
I hate the ''it is with a heavy heart'' shite, I know it's the same template whenever players leave but I wish they would stop insulting our intelligence. He's wanted out for well over a year now.  I'm grateful that he always gave his all in a red shirt and gave me some great memories. One of the most talented players I've ever seen play the game, not to mind just in Liverpool colours. Hard to see him not doing well at Barca but I couldn't give a fuck what happens him from here, he will never receive the same support at a club, particularly somewhere like Barca, that he did here. It's made for us to draw Barca in the CL now so lets absolutely smash them. Messi/Neymar/Suarez.....psh......Sakho will gobble that up.

Onwards and upwards LFC
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:38 pm »
hits you like a ton of bricks when your reading the statements,
nearly had a tear in my eye.
big loss but we move on
in brendan we trust
good bye luis
bollocks

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:50 pm »
*shrug*

Shame, but inevitable. Can't be arsed after Torres, Luis was a joy to watch, but we move on. He'll find the grass isn't always greener, and we'll go from strength to strength.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:58 pm »
My sentiments are - Don`t believe a word Sky says mate. It may well be £64m but I wouldn`t believe until either the club or a trusted source close to the club confirms the fee.

I know you are right mate, but that reported fee is just a depressing headline amount if true. Hope we can get the Markovic signing tied in soon. I think there is going to be pressure on that young man's shoulders next year to provide that superstar quality.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2014, 01:47:15 pm »
He'll be back. He'll miss american tv Liverpool Football Club.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2014, 01:47:33 pm »
Thank you Luis Suarez.

The best player in a red shirt for me.
Conviction to win every game.
The three fingers celebration, I will miss the most.

I really do understand family that family comes first.
I wish you well at Barca.

You a legend in my eyes, no matter what others say.

We had you for a brief moment , but what a ride.

YNWA.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2014, 01:47:57 pm »
Great player (not the best I have seen in a Red shirt) but the timing is OK. We can do without the circus and media attention he inevitably brings and it gives Brendan some extra cash for players. Brendan now can play the formation he really wants rather than have to accommodate Luis.

It will be interesting to see how he fits in at Barca.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2014, 01:48:08 pm »
What the fuck do Sky know about anything.

Well, they invented football for a start.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2014, 01:48:51 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JY2N4H6NMzg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JY2N4H6NMzg</a>

Great video, this.

Fantastic video sums up my feelings, absolutely unbelievable player he's truly world class.

Thank you for everything Luis and I will really miss him

Best of luck at Barca and thank you for leaving the club in the right manner

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: July 11, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »
What a journey its been. Hard to find players who have made as much impact in a three year spell like Luis Suarez had. I knew from when he first pulled on that no.7 shirt coming on vs Stoke we were going to be in for a ride. Minutes later he scored the first of many, many goals for us.

He's a twat no doubt and the biting episodes were truly ridiculous, but he's a world-class twat. Barca now have to deal with the baggage that inevitably follows.

Now we must move on and sign real quality to replace the genius of Suarez. There is simply no room for error. The goals, the genius, the flair and the maniacal workrate must be replaced somehow so we can continue to progress under the ONE man that is truly irreplaceable at the club - and its not Suarez but Brendan Rodgers.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: July 11, 2014, 01:49:06 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks he actually did care? He was fucking gutted when we drew that game 3-3 against...well, I've already forgotten. Cried his eyes out. I personally think he was gutted he didn't get to win the league with Liverpool. He already knew he was leaving. I'm not saying these goodbye letters aren't dripping with cheese but still...I think some people on here are way too dramatic when it comes to Suarez apparently not giving a shit. 
I'm sure he did. But it is a moot point now. He no longer wears the shirt. Appreciate what he has done for us. All I care about now is who his replacement(s) is/are going to be.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #332 on: July 11, 2014, 01:49:50 pm »
Personally I think it's great that we've got rid before the rest of the squad report for pre-season training. Getting players in very early, getting him out early, and getting whatever money in 5 weeks before the season starts so we can look to sign some quality before it does.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: July 11, 2014, 01:50:03 pm »
Sad to see him go but it was always his dream move so good luck to him.just hope Brendan gets all the backing needed to improve the team.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: July 11, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »
You have to wonder what the English press is going to complain about now? Literally pages and pages of nothing to write about ... ;)

Agreed. Hopefully, their new target will be Van Gaal and/or Mourinho.
After the bite in the world cup, the situation became untenable for both him/his family and the club. As much as I would have wanted him to stay, the timing of the move is the right one for all parties concerned. He leaves us at his peak and there is no reason why we should be in the papers for the wrong reason.
As a club, we are now in a stronger position. FSG and Rogers are building a platform for long term and sustainable success.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #335 on: July 11, 2014, 01:50:55 pm »
I don't really care to be honest -- yes he gave us great memories but we paid him a shitload of money to do it.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2014, 01:51:02 pm »
Thanks Luis for getting us back in to the Champions League. Without you it will be very difficult, but life moves on. Wish you the best at Barca, show them what you are capable of.

Unreal talent, best that I have seen in my lifetime, better than Messi for me. Irreplaceable, and the premier league is poorer due to his transfer.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #337 on: July 11, 2014, 01:51:19 pm »
Great player but he comes way down the list in how gutted I am they are leaving/retiring

SG will be a whole lot worse  :-\
'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2014, 01:52:05 pm »
Luis Who <<< Bellend Comment

Thank you Luis for helping us get back to the CL where we belong, you had a lot of baggage but you are the best player I have seen at Anfield thus far (albeit I am young'ish)

I for one will remember your nutmegging and sheer audacious skills fondly!

YNWA

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2014, 01:52:34 pm »
Dammit...

If he makes Real Madrid his next Norwich, it might soften the blow.

"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2014, 01:52:36 pm »
Ohh I will miss you being a Liverpool player but you will miss us more -- and possibly regret moving on... who knows?

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2014, 01:52:40 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks he actually did care? He was fucking gutted when we drew that game 3-3 against...well, I've already forgotten. Cried his eyes out. I personally think he was gutted he didn't get to win the league with Liverpool. He already knew he was leaving. I'm not saying these goodbye letters aren't dripping with cheese but still...I think some people on here are way too dramatic when it comes to Suarez apparently not giving a shit.

Yeh, I think he did care. I just think it really is that big for them (latin players) to play at Barca or Real - especially for Luis whose wife's family live there.

At the end of the day, I would love it if he came back to say goodbye, just like he did at Ajax, and he got a round of applause and cheers. I'm sure you'd see him cry at that moment. Whatever you want to say about him, he always gave his all...absolutely always.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2014, 01:52:56 pm »
Thanks for the memories. You were fantastic when actually playing football. Good luck in the future.

My first love remains Liverpool, so........NEXT:

this saves me posting something similar,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:02 pm »
Porridge will thrive in his absence you'll wait and see. 75 fat ones are always nice to have. thanks for the goals  and class football but not the rest.

Now spend it wisely. We just need to replace 31 in 33, eg 2 x 15 in 33 which is not that difficult and alas surpassable with 75M and would give us more versatility and depth.

Onwards and upwards, the reds are coming up the hill
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:07 pm »
You really think they paid 75m for a bench warmer? Wtf.

True...but how the fuck do neymar messi and suarez line up together (well at least they don't have to worry about that for a few months yet)?? They will be pressing very high next season I am guessing

Glad he was here, will miss him but as has been said, we have had to replace the very best before and our success in the future is in our hands not suarez'
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #346 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:38 pm »

I think this is absolutely spot on. He wanted a PL title with Liverpool, he knew it was his last shot at it, he broke down when he knew the game was up.

Unlike the last star striker to leave us, I believe his love for the club is real, it's just that his love for his wife and family is more important. Sometimes there are more important things in life than football. We should feel privileged to have witnessed him in the red of Liverpool. But I won't miss the baggage. We also now have a fairly substantial amount of funds to plow back into the team.

The team.

This is what it's all about now. We are ready to make the next step. We thank Luis for helping us get there, but we move on. We go again.

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:40 pm »
BTW FUCK Barca

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:46 pm »
I'll miss him.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:59 pm »
Thanks for nothing you racist, diving prick, I have to change all my passwords at work now!  ;D

Wish you all very best Luis, we will be weaker without you. World class player.

Hope you to take a chunk out of Pepe in the El Classicos.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #350 on: July 11, 2014, 01:56:29 pm »
Best of luck Luis.

Thank you for your time on the pitch.

Onward and upward.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #351 on: July 11, 2014, 01:57:08 pm »
Thanks for the memories. You were fantastic when actually playing football. Good luck in the future.

My first love remains Liverpool, so........NEXT:

Pretty much this, it's been a blast...but onwards and upwards...

I'm surprised that Sky haven't been passing round the number 7 shirts and boxes of matches, although the day is still young ....bastardos..

Offline SA RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2014, 01:57:09 pm »
Thanks Luis, all the best, mate.... it's been real.

Sorting out the defense will go quite a way to making up for the loss of Suarez.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: July 11, 2014, 01:57:28 pm »
what a player, gave nothing less then 110%  a warrior and never be forgotten, all the best Luis you crazy bastard!

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: July 11, 2014, 01:58:49 pm »
I understand why he has to do this and I wish him all the best. No bad feelings and no regrets, all the best Luis. Thanks for bringing us back in the CL. We move on, we always do.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #355 on: July 11, 2014, 02:01:41 pm »
God I hate the big two Spanish clubs

Alonso, Mascherano and now Suarez

Just fuck of you corrupt c*nts
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #356 on: July 11, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »
Wish him all the best, except against us. Great player, glad he was ours for a while. Looking forward to seeing who we get in and how we get on next season. We have a fantastic young squad already!
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #357 on: July 11, 2014, 02:02:25 pm »
Today the premier league lost its best player.  A player of skill, determination, the will to always win, to never give up, a perfectionist you might say. Thanks for the memories Luis, all the best lad at your new home at the Camp Nou.  You will never forget us and we will never forget you.

Adios El Pistolero. 

See you in the Champions League :)
Modify message
We all bleed RED!!

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #358 on: July 11, 2014, 02:02:44 pm »
 :-\

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #359 on: July 11, 2014, 02:02:52 pm »
God I hate the big two Spanish clubs

Alonso, Mascherano and now Suarez

Just fuck of you corrupt c*nts

Don't forget Arbeloa... I miss his celebrations... he was boss  :-[