Author Topic: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)  (Read 64959 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Re: FT Everton 0 vs Liverpool 1 - (Mane 95' in Jurgietime)
« Reply #880 on: December 20, 2016, 10:18:12 pm »
What a fantastic defensive performance. We lacked a cutting edge up top ........

We were fine up front. We were slowly creating more and more chances. There will be many tight games like this and a 1-0 win makes all the difference. As you said, a good defence is vital in order to setup the 1-0 win. What have Chelsea been winning recently; their last three games have been 1-0 and at the end of the season it's those 1-0 victories that make the difference.

#JFT97

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #881 on: December 20, 2016, 10:21:29 pm »
I think the whole 21st birthday thing is hilarious and fantastic as would most neutrals - that's how you rile up your rival. Not lame songs about death and people slipping.

it was brilliant. loved it

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: December 20, 2016, 10:27:14 pm »
Hopefully we'll be getting a Round Table for the game. Been missing them. Anyone know if one is on the cards?

I doubt I'll get the time to watch the game again. I should do I guess, but sometimes, even when watching the game on a stream of very dubious quality, you get a more accurate picture of what the game was about watching it 'live', and all you've got to do then, is to try and recount, and sow up the hundreds of little points you see while watching the game into some sort of logical whole.

Am glad RAWK has kept the half time threads going during games, even if it can be at times flushed with frustration, but I was at odds with a great deal of it. I wasn't interested in dipping in initially. I was happy with 0-0 at HT, but thought there would be some complaints that I didn't really have the energy for. But after 10 minutes, and a new tin, I scrolled through.

They came at us all blood and thunder, and didn't we kick off that first half, and played the ball long straight away? I liked that (if my memory serves). Canny I thought. We've thought about this I thought. Play 'em at their own game for this opening salvo... don't do what we normally do right now, as they'll be in our faces, so get rid occassionally, throw it up there, and don't worry about our usual game. Not today, not yet, not for these first few. It's probably the first time where there was a distinct change in direction ala Spinal Tap's. And I liked it.

I thought we managed that first half really well. And two/three, maybe four times, we still managed to remember that cute, quiet football can open up games... a little touch here, a dummy there... little moments.

In a game like that tho, anything can happen, and anything might have done, but 0-0 at HT was a great thing to have in the pocket last night.

Now we'll play. Can you keep that up Everton? That was the question, and I believe the dressing room knew the answer... I just hoped we knew it. Very good stuff.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #883 on: December 20, 2016, 11:11:58 pm »
Some points from the game from one of our young writers: http://intothemreds.com/youngkopites/five-talking-points-against-everton/

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: December 20, 2016, 11:18:28 pm »
Whoever came up with Jurgietime is a genius.

Let's have that. That psychological advantage Utd always had over everyone, that feeling that the last few minutes were always theirs and something would happen. It became almost inevitable. If you get that idea on your side, you're always dangerous. Klopp has the charisma to make us like that.

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #885 on: December 20, 2016, 11:51:40 pm »
Hopefully we'll be getting a Round Table for the game. Been missing them. Anyone know if one is on the cards?

I doubt I'll get the time to watch the game again. I should do I guess, but sometimes, even when watching the game on a stream of very dubious quality, you get a more accurate picture of what the game was about watching it 'live', and all you've got to do then, is to try and recount, and sow up the hundreds of little points you see while watching the game into some sort of logical whole.

Am glad RAWK has kept the half time threads going during games, even if it can be at times flushed with frustration, but I was at odds with a great deal of it. I wasn't interested in dipping in initially. I was happy with 0-0 at HT, but thought there would be some complaints that I didn't really have the energy for. But after 10 minutes, and a new tin, I scrolled through.

They came at us all blood and thunder, and didn't we kick off that first half, and played the ball long straight away? I liked that (if my memory serves). Canny I thought. We've thought about this I thought. Play 'em at their own game for this opening salvo... don't do what we normally do right now, as they'll be in our faces, so get rid occassionally, throw it up there, and don't worry about our usual game. Not today, not yet, not for these first few. It's probably the first time where there was a distinct change in direction ala Spinal Tap's. And I liked it.

I thought we managed that first half really well. And two/three, maybe four times, we still managed to remember that cute, quiet football can open up games... a little touch here, a dummy there... little moments.

In a game like that tho, anything can happen, and anything might have done, but 0-0 at HT was a great thing to have in the pocket last night.

Now we'll play. Can you keep that up Everton? That was the question, and I believe the dressing room knew the answer... I just hoped we knew it. Very good stuff.
thought that first half was utter garbage and they sucked us into their game plan which was fast and furious but did you see Klopp going balistic at one point in that frenetic first 30 mins?i read from it that he thought we were giving them the ball way too easily and i believe he shouted "start playing football" but i could be wrong.However once we did get our foot on the ball we started to get a foothold in the game and that last 15 min of first half started to ebb towards us.the second half began the same as the first ended and i imagine Klopp was alot happier going in as we stopped giving away easy possession.Great win and an even better way to respond to what everton are which is essentially a sun pub team.Has anyone ever questioned that clown koeman on what possessed him to leave a decent outfit who play the game is the right way for a team that has fallen so far down and hasnt a decent footballer in their ranks?bizarre to say the least.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #886 on: December 21, 2016, 12:39:10 am »

Good stuff, mate.

I likened the first half to a heavy weight boxing bought (and for the record, I dislike boxing so pardon the ignorance for any misused jargon). We took a few body blows, nothing major but Everton did okay for getting first twenty-five minutes, getting some fruition down our left hand side. Did they muster a shot on goal, though? No and that's where we have improved unde Herr Klopp. Klavan and Lovren were fantastic last night. Klavan looks so relaxed on the ball and seems completely immune to pressure. You don't have to be quick as a centre half - positioning and decision making supersede this.

Having watched the replay, from about twenty-eight minutes onwards we dominated them. It surprised me, because watching the game live, it really didn't feel that way. From he opening whistle in the second half we absolutely battered them. We really did. To have Owen Hargreaves suggest that Everton didn't deserve to lose the match is completely absurd. Firmino could've had a hat trick on any other day of the week while Everton had the solitary shot on target and offered next to nothing in the final third.

Make no mistake, this was no snatch and grab. It was a deserved victory and anyone suggesting otherwise is completely deluded.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: December 21, 2016, 12:57:54 am »
Filler's posts are like a form of jazz.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: December 21, 2016, 01:17:34 am »

One of the joys of the forum.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: December 21, 2016, 02:19:44 am »
thought that first half was utter garbage and they sucked us into their game plan which was fast and furious but did you see Klopp going balistic at one point in that frenetic first 30 mins?i read from it that he thought we were giving them the ball way too easily and i believe he shouted "start playing football" but i could be wrong.However once we did get our foot on the ball we started to get a foothold in the game and that last 15 min of first half started to ebb towards us.the second half began the same as the first ended and i imagine Klopp was alot happier going in as we stopped giving away easy possession.Great win and an even better way to respond to what everton are which is essentially a sun pub team.Has anyone ever questioned that clown koeman on what possessed him to leave a decent outfit who play the game is the right way for a team that has fallen so far down and hasnt a decent footballer in their ranks?bizarre to say the least.

They didn't suck us into anything, they nullified our attack by getting all worked up and chasing down everything like a bunch of chickens. Instead of doing the same we played our own game when we could and went long when we couldn't, containing their attack when they had the ball and waiting for our chance. There was a point about half an hour in where we strung 4 or 5 accurate passes together without any of their players being quick enough to force an error and I knew that was it, they were knackered and we were going to take control. The only real surprise is that it took us so long to get the goal, but between their constant fouling and time-wasting they made it difficult to build momentum.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #890 on: December 21, 2016, 02:35:20 am »
Whoever came up with Jurgietime is a genius.

Let's have that. That psychological advantage Utd always had over everyone, that feeling that the last few minutes were always theirs and something would happen. It became almost inevitable. If you get that idea on your side, you're always dangerous. Klopp has the charisma to make us like that.

The thing is though, it's not just the mental side - for us in our system/style of play, it is as sustainable as such a thing can be. That press just wears teams down so they are gasping by the end, even when they have been sitting on a bus for the prior 90 minutes.

Come to think of it, that is mental. Nifty  :thumbup
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #891 on: December 21, 2016, 03:19:18 am »
Only 23 pages? It obviously means we didn't get a result.  :( :D

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #892 on: December 21, 2016, 03:44:18 am »
I'm still buzzing about that result. 95th minute against your city rivals. Last game before Christmas. 3 points that keeps us right in the hunt.

Doesn't get much better than that.

Merry Christmas Everton!  ;D
We are Liverpool!

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #893 on: December 21, 2016, 04:30:53 am »
Caught sight of a young lad at the airport in an Everton shirt with Barkley on the back. Had a wry smile remembering the game. 😀

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #894 on: December 21, 2016, 04:36:10 am »
Caught sight of a young lad at the airport in an Everton shirt with Barkley on the back. Had a wry smile remembering the game. 😀

should have showed him a red card. :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #895 on: December 21, 2016, 05:23:20 am »
Good stuff, mate.

I likened the first half to a heavy weight boxing bought (and for the record, I dislike boxing so pardon the ignorance for any misused jargon). We took a few body blows, nothing major but Everton did okay for getting first twenty-five minutes, getting some fruition down our left hand side. Did they muster a shot on goal, though? No and that's where we have improved unde Herr Klopp. Klavan and Lovren were fantastic last night. Klavan looks so relaxed on the ball and seems completely immune to pressure. You don't have to be quick as a centre half - positioning and decision making supersede this.

Having watched the replay, from about twenty-eight minutes onwards we dominated them. It surprised me, because watching the game live, it really didn't feel that way. From he opening whistle in the second half we absolutely battered them. We really did. To have Owen Hargreaves suggest that Everton didn't deserve to lose the match is completely absurd. Firmino could've had a hat trick on any other day of the week while Everton had the solitary shot on target and offered next to nothing in the final third.

Make no mistake, this was no snatch and grab. It was a deserved victory and anyone suggesting otherwise is completely deluded.
So you are saying they did understand Klopp's reference to Rocky movies?   ;D

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #896 on: December 21, 2016, 06:38:13 am »
So you are saying they did understand Klopp's reference to Rocky movies?   ;D

;D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #897 on: December 21, 2016, 07:05:16 am »
I like winning football matches. Especially so against that lot. Klavan, Lovren, Mane and Wijnaldum were fucking fantastic, by the way. It was a comfortable win, we got our tactics right and we were patient. I hate to say it but we looked a bit like Ferguson's United in the mid-2000's. We didn't necessarily play free-flowing football but we kept our composure, stuck to our game plan and didn't revert to hoofing long balls up. We stayed calm, probed away and got the goal we deserved.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #898 on: December 21, 2016, 07:30:43 am »
The game can't help but remind me of The Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a boxer, the opponent is going hell for leather, becomes tired and Homer nudges them over

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #899 on: December 21, 2016, 08:25:20 am »
I like winning football matches. Especially so against that lot. Klavan, Lovren, Mane and Wijnaldum were fucking fantastic, by the way. It was a comfortable win, we got our tactics right and we were patient. I hate to say it but we looked a bit like Ferguson's United in the mid-2000's. We didn't necessarily play free-flowing football but we kept our composure, stuck to our game plan and didn't revert to hoofing long balls up. We stayed calm, probed away and got the goal we deserved.

Hopefully we dont have to rely on late winners too often, but if we can get teams fearing us the way they did Fergie's teams toward the end of his career that would fantastic. As much as i hated the twat, he never had his teams panic or force anything.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #900 on: December 21, 2016, 08:51:46 am »
Absolutely magic being in the Top Balcony when the goal went in, loads of Reds celebrating and Bitters looking ashen faced and shell shocked, awesome!   As for those Manc lovers, another rendition of "always the victims" say's all that needs to be said.  Let them rebuild their ground on a piece of open ground in Salford, they can share their love in with their nearest and dearest.  At least we could use the space created between Goodison Road and Bullens Road for match day parking.

Disgusts me that an element of their support engages in a chant that is basically belittling the death of the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children of neighbours at Hillsborough. I know the idea of "The Friendly Derby" has always been a bit of a misnomer but this kind of stuff is beyond the pale and to be expected from the likes of United not your neighbours. As a club they should be making real efforts to remove this kind of stuff because it is unacceptable. It is even more astonishing as they bemoan all banter that we engage in as lacking class but ignore or justify their own dark chants.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #901 on: December 21, 2016, 09:30:56 am »
Absolutely magic being in the Top Balcony when the goal went in, loads of Reds celebrating and Bitters looking ashen faced and shell shocked, awesome!   As for those Manc lovers, another rendition of "always the victims" say's all that needs to be said.  Let them rebuild their ground on a piece of open ground in Salford, they can share their love in with their nearest and dearest.  At least we could use the space created between Goodison Road and Bullens Road for match day parking.

It's like Paul Machin say's here on RedmenTV. If that chant is only about Heysel, why use the word 'always'? Always implies more than one incident doesn't it? Fact is, it isn't just about Heysel. It's a manc-made song that's about Heysel, Hillsborough and any other slur made against the people and the city of Liverpool.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JkomzrxySFE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JkomzrxySFE</a>

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #902 on: December 21, 2016, 12:18:04 pm »
Totally agree with Filler's view of the first half. We knew what was coming but every minute that ticked by at 0-0 made it harder for them and better for us. Shout 'hoof' though, shout it til your hearts content. This L'pool team only knows how to hoof it, you've nothing to worry about (went my sarky brain). By the time it got to 20 minutes I was shouting is that all you've got? You knew once we'd weathered the storm (light zephyr) and started on our own game, then they'd be in trouble.

After listening to their victim chants and hearing their hatred (can't take a joke can ye, happy 21st) and seeing Barkley's "tackle", to leave it until the 4th minute of Jurgietime was sweeter than a sweet thing with sugar on top. Pure blissful karma and I fuckin laughed long and hard. I'm still chuckling now!

Merry Christmas Everton.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:27:07 pm by Red_Mist »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: December 21, 2016, 12:27:12 pm »

Filler really is a gem of a poster

Hell, he can even make the commentary on a game of Chess sound exciting :)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: December 21, 2016, 01:53:05 pm »
Still buzzing after this win. That is a massive result for us.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #905 on: December 21, 2016, 04:18:40 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MZeYkn3oT-o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MZeYkn3oT-o</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: December 21, 2016, 04:24:08 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: December 21, 2016, 04:36:06 pm »
I actually quite like alan smith as a pundit but couldn't understand him saying Lukaku gave Klavan a torrid time - he barely gave him a kick

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: December 21, 2016, 05:16:15 pm »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #909 on: December 21, 2016, 05:18:48 pm »
I actually quite like alan smith as a pundit but couldn't understand him saying Lukaku gave Klavan a torrid time.

Wouldn't keep still in his pocket mate. Made it impossible for Ragnar to sit down in comfort for any length of time. ;)

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: December 21, 2016, 05:23:17 pm »
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: December 21, 2016, 05:53:59 pm »
I think the whole 21st birthday thing is hilarious and fantastic as would most neutrals - that's how you rile up your rival. Not lame songs about death and people slipping.
Absolutely.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #912 on: December 21, 2016, 06:01:36 pm »

Or modern art...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #913 on: December 21, 2016, 07:07:45 pm »
I actually quite like alan smith as a pundit but couldn't understand him saying Lukaku gave Klavan a torrid time - he barely gave him a kick

Alan had decided that Lukaku was giving Ragnar a torrid time before the game had even kicked off.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #914 on: December 21, 2016, 07:29:22 pm »
Disgusts me that an element of their support engages in a chant that is basically belittling the death of the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and children of neighbours at Hillsborough. I know the idea of "The Friendly Derby" has always been a bit of a misnomer but this kind of stuff is beyond the pale and to be expected from the likes of United not your neighbours. As a club they should be making real efforts to remove this kind of stuff because it is unacceptable. It is even more astonishing as they bemoan all banter that we engage in as lacking class but ignore or justify their own dark chants.

Bit rich from a club where;

In 1966 supporters beat up Harry Catterick, who was recovering from major stomach surgery.

Denigrated Shakespeare's literary talent by calling a bunch of thugs "The Dogs of War"

On Duncan Ferguson's release from Barlinnie for assaulting another footballer arranged a pipe band to serenade him at Goodison.

May 1994 Everton are on the brink of relegation and need a win to beat Wimbledon. Unfortunately their team coach accidentally bursts into flames the night before outside the team hotel in Runcorn. A coincidence you think but just read this smirking extract from the Toffeeweb account of that imortant part of their history (No, no not setting fire to coaches, avoiding relegation, their equivalent of qualifying for Europe)'

"The atmosphere was incendiary, almost as inflamed as the Wimbledon team bus which had caught fire in suspicious circumstances in the arly hours of yesterday morning outside the team's headquarters in Runcorn."

Classless? Judge for yourself.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #915 on: December 21, 2016, 09:07:52 pm »
Feels like our Fulham away 13/14 moment. Last minute winner in a fought out game. Keeper goes off injured (funnily enough, Stekelenburg came on that night, went off on Monday) and the replacement ends up making a mistake leading to a goal. Thought the second half was outstanding all things considered. We had 75% possession I heard, they created fuck all, we had a few decent chances and we kept plugging away. It was a matter of time till they slipped up. First half wasn't great but we coped with their fast start, they got knackered and we started to impose ourselves after 30 mins. Shoutout to my boy Daniel Sturridge who made the difference, we just needed someone to have a shot all game. No one seems to shoot except Coutinho and Sturridge in the squad.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #916 on: December 21, 2016, 09:15:02 pm »
Feels like our Fulham away 13/14 moment. Last minute winner in a fought out game. Keeper goes off injured (funnily enough, Stekelenburg came on that night, went off on Monday) and the replacement ends up making a mistake leading to a goal. Thought the second half was outstanding all things considered. We had 75% possession I heard, they created fuck all, we had a few decent chances and we kept plugging away. It was a matter of time till they slipped up. First half wasn't great but we coped with their fast start, they got knackered and we started to impose ourselves after 30 mins. Shoutout to my boy Daniel Sturridge who made the difference, we just needed someone to have a shot all game. No one seems to shoot except Coutinho and Sturridge in the squad.

Sturridge also was the one who won that penalty against Fulham.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #917 on: December 21, 2016, 09:41:32 pm »
The first game this season that I thought we've played like we want to be title challengers.

It's the first game we set back in(how, when does that ever happen with Klopp) and absorbed pressure and looked to sometimes play it long.
It's the first game where we've decided to conserve energy at the start and then get a grip on the game as it went past the initial 20 minutes.

And whaddya know- the result made it sound like it was a smash 'n grab.

I really liked how tactical this game was compared to all our games sofar. Looked like it was the gaffer's own game this.
We weren't great initially- we wouldn't have been able to sustain our energy throughout the game and we were away, but we HAD TO win so the manager made a plan. You could see that we had a plan not too concede- first and foremost.. and then to score.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:45:07 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: December 21, 2016, 10:43:34 pm »
Can the fourth official aid with calls?

Still think that non-red was one of the most egregious based on the viewing lanes.

4th official and linesmen had perfect views of the tackle.

And let's all remember that Everton title talk at the start of the season.  ;D

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #919 on: December 21, 2016, 10:51:13 pm »
Did he really say that?..... Yikes!
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981