Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2748363 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #43720 on: March 17, 2017, 04:01:19 pm »
Vikings GM has said Adrian Peterson won't be back with the team next season.
#Sausages

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #43721 on: March 17, 2017, 04:09:42 pm »
Fat Eddie joining the Seahawks could be a good watch if he has a fit season.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #43722 on: March 17, 2017, 10:09:17 pm »
What a great off season so far for the Super Bowl Champions!  ;D

This remains to be seen in my opinion as Cooks is the only serious upgrade. If as expected they loose Butler then Gilmore is a like for like addition. With their contract situation's they obviously had to bring in a number of personnel to fill in the gaps of those players they were losing but I certainly wouldn't frame their off season as a success just yet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:35:25 pm by sidneyroughdiamond »
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43723 on: March 17, 2017, 11:04:22 pm »
This remains to be seen in my opinion as Cooks is the only serious upgrade. If as expected they loose Butler then Gilmore is a like for like addition. With their contract situation's they obviously had to bring in a number of personnel to fill in the gaps of those players they were losing but I certainly wouldn't frame their off season as a success just yet.

They resigned the most important player in their defense, amongst other acquisitions, they signed a younger TE than what they had last year, they've improved in every possible aspect.

Butler or no Butler, they [we] have a better team now than we did last year.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43724 on: March 18, 2017, 12:32:10 am »
They resigned the most important player in their defense, amongst other acquisitions, they signed a younger TE than what they had last year, they've improved in every possible aspect.

Butler or no Butler, they [we] have a better team now than we did last year.

A very good offseason for them, if they keep Butler. Losing Ryan should be manageable. Resigning Hightower was huge obviously, but considering Allen as an upgrade over Bennett at the TE spot is a bit laughable, frankly. I like the Cooks deal and especially the Ealy one. He's a clear upgrade over Sheard, plus he's younger and cheaper (at least for the next couple of years).
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43725 on: March 18, 2017, 01:48:24 am »
A very good offseason for them, if they keep Butler. Losing Ryan should be manageable. Resigning Hightower was huge obviously, but considering Allen as an upgrade over Bennett at the TE spot is a bit laughable, frankly. I like the Cooks deal and especially the Ealy one. He's a clear upgrade over Sheard, plus he's younger and cheaper (at least for the next couple of years).

Brady has made it work with worse players than Allen. They also signed Lawrence Guy from Baltimore. I have no doubt in the Patriots, even if they didn't sign anyone they would be a contender

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43726 on: March 18, 2017, 07:08:00 am »
See the four posts above  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43727 on: March 18, 2017, 01:03:47 pm »
See the four posts above  ;D

If Bill signed you for any position on the field, I wouldn't question him.

;D

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #43728 on: March 18, 2017, 04:07:23 pm »
I stand to be corrected. I also wouldn't question Belichick's opinion on his free agency purchases but for every Rodney Harrison there is an Adalius Thomas. In my personal opinion I don't think we should be crowning them just yet.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #43729 on: March 20, 2017, 04:29:38 pm »
What's people's take on the NFC East so far this off season?

The Cowboys seem to be bleeding defensive starters and the O line depth took a hit so a promising season has developped into half a squad of starters and some question marks.

The eagles look like they are treading water and the Giants looks to be consolodating (which means good D & the most boring O ever despite having ODB)

The Redskins are imploding as an organisation. Crazy!
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43730 on: March 20, 2017, 06:07:01 pm »
I stand to be corrected. I also wouldn't question Belichick's opinion on his free agency purchases but for every Rodney Harrison there is an Adalius Thomas. In my personal opinion I don't think we should be crowning them just yet.

Pats always seem to be at their best when they're up against it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #43731 on: March 20, 2017, 10:47:04 pm »
I'm sure everyone in this thread will be relived to know Tom Bradys jerseys from SB 49 and 51 have been recovered

YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43732 on: March 21, 2017, 12:30:15 am »
Proposed changes to Overtime regulations are being considered that could see regular season OT period reduced to 10 minutes, it'll still be 15 minutes in the playoffs, but the unsatisfactory OT rule that the game ends when the team scores a TD even if the other team hasn't had a possession isn't being considered. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #43733 on: March 22, 2017, 10:56:38 am »
Just got a ticket for the NFL fan forum event April 11th in New Brighton. They're only doing 4 locations in the UK and the Floral Pavilion is one of them. Ticket was only £7 too.

http://www.nfluk.com/news/specialfeatures/article-1/NFL-UK-Live-tickets-on-sale-now/d6ca5e1f-c57c-42a7-a8e8-585cc20d71f4
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #43734 on: March 22, 2017, 11:22:28 am »
What's people's take on the NFC East so far this off season?

The Cowboys seem to be bleeding defensive starters and the O line depth took a hit so a promising season has developped into half a squad of starters and some question marks.

The eagles look like they are treading water and the Giants looks to be consolodating (which means good D & the most boring O ever despite having ODB)

The Redskins are imploding as an organisation. Crazy!

The problem for the Giants is that it was a weak Free Agency market for offensive line help and not a particularly strong draft for LT candidates either.

How our season will go will probably depend on whether the OL can be slightly less awful and Eli can bounce back from a pretty poor year (although no doubt the poor OL play had something to do with that). Its a strong draft class at TE so we may well at least get some help there.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43735 on: March 27, 2017, 07:37:43 pm »
The NFL owners voted in favour of the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. Since there isn't a stadium in the Vegas area capable of hosting an NFL franchise, the Raiders will most likely play in Oakland for two more years before moving while the stadium gets built.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #43736 on: March 27, 2017, 07:45:55 pm »
The NFL owners voted in favour of the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. Since there isn't a stadium in the Vegas area capable of hosting an NFL franchise, the Raiders will most likely play in Oakland for two more years before moving while the stadium gets built.

Mixed emotions about this. The city won't put up anymore money, but why should they and taxpayers fund a rich guys plaything? Davis really needs to sell up, but like his dad he's all about retaining the family business.

It's a great shame for the Oakland fans to go through this again, and I an concerned about the fanbase going forward despite the teams country wide support. And Vegas...ugh.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #43737 on: March 27, 2017, 07:53:01 pm »
Mark Cuban's vision of the NFL popping its own bubble comes one step closer.

Picked wrong year to suggest Vegas for a honeymoon. Think will be a disaster long run.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #43738 on: March 28, 2017, 06:02:38 pm »
I think it will too, feel for those loyal Raiders fans.

Anyway very proud of our owner being the only one with the guts to vote no and not giving into greed when we could have moved. We're never leaving Miami and I'm made up about that. I could never follow them if they moved somewhere else, imagine  Oklahoma Dolphins, just no, just horrible.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43740 on: April 3, 2017, 06:52:36 pm »
Running back Adrian Peterson meeting with the New England Patriots today  ;D

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43741 on: April 3, 2017, 07:32:00 pm »
Running back Adrian Peterson meeting with the New England Patriots today  ;D

He's finished.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43742 on: April 4, 2017, 01:42:46 pm »
Tomy Romo is retiring from playing and going into broadcasting*

* unless there's a chance, and it's a small chance, that the Cowboys really needed him back. And if the Cowboys don't need him, well, he's a nice guy, he might take a phone call from the Texans....
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43743 on: April 4, 2017, 06:06:40 pm »
Tomy Romo is retiring from playing and going into broadcasting*

* unless there's a chance, and it's a small chance, that the Cowboys really needed him back. And if the Cowboys don't need him, well, he's a nice guy, he might take a phone call from the Texans....
He will replace Phil Simms as the colour commentator alongside lead play-by-play announcer Jim Nantz for CBS.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43744 on: April 4, 2017, 06:15:26 pm »
He will replace Phil Simms as the colour commentator alongside lead play-by-play announcer Jim Nantz for CBS.

Well Jeeeeeeeemm, if this turns out to be true it might mean football on CBS might become watchable for the first time this century.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43745 on: April 4, 2017, 06:19:17 pm »
Well Jeeeeeeeemm, if this turns out to be true it might mean football on CBS might become watchable for the first time this century.

Aye, Phil Simms is fucking terrible.

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43746 on: April 5, 2017, 09:09:45 pm »
Marshawn Lynch apparently at the Raiders facility today.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #43747 on: April 5, 2017, 09:51:16 pm »
Marshawn Lynch apparently at the Raiders facility today.
Lynch has now has informed the Raiders that he is coming out of retirement to play for the Las Vegas bound ball club.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #43749 on: April 12, 2017, 10:51:20 pm »
Went to the NFL fan forum in new Brighton last night- a really enjoyable night actually and would recommend to anyone who gets the opportunity in a city near them. The line-up was great: Kirk Cousins, Jarvis Landry and Kurt Warner. Kirk and Kurt in particular came across really well. Jarvis Landry seemed quite bitter he has to play in London for a third time as their game is against the Saints and he is from Louisiana.
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43750 on: April 19, 2017, 11:48:50 am »
Aaron Hernandez has committed suicide in prison.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43751 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:14 pm »

Jeez.  What a waste.  So many peoples lives ruined cos he wanted to be a gangster.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #43752 on: April 19, 2017, 12:10:25 pm »

Just read that now, fucking incredible really, the whole story. If you put that story (given the fairly lofty position he was in as a player) and translated it to an active English footballer it would be the biggest news story here in years
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43753 on: April 19, 2017, 12:15:39 pm »
Just read that now, fucking incredible really, the whole story. If you put that story (given the fairly lofty position he was in as a player) and translated it to an active English footballer it would be the biggest news story here in years

Yeah, not like this guy was some fringe player or washed out ex player

Looks like he committed this crime while he was still actively playing.

What a fucking waste.  A real rags>riches>rags tale this is.  Prison cant be good for anyone but it was obviously unbearable for him.  I don't feel sorry for him as he's a murderer but I can almost feel the torment he must have been going through knowing he had it all and blew it.  Much like OJ i reckon.

Only in America.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #43754 on: April 19, 2017, 12:26:51 pm »
No great loss to the world really.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43755 on: April 19, 2017, 01:21:52 pm »
Good riddance to the thug!

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43756 on: April 19, 2017, 01:31:11 pm »
I feel sorry for his young daughter who is four/five.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43757 on: April 19, 2017, 02:43:44 pm »
Sad ending to a crazy last few years of his life.

27 is so young,he had the world at his feet,famous talented and set up financially for life and blew it.

RIP.

Patriots are going to the WH to meet to meet the prez today.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43758 on: April 19, 2017, 02:58:34 pm »
Sad ending to a crazy last few years of his life.

27 is so young,he had the world at his feet,famous talented and set up financially for life and blew it.

RIP.

Patriots are going to the WH to meet to meet the prez today.
I hope he rots in hell.

Brady is not going to the WH either, wonder what the Orange one will say about that.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43759 on: April 19, 2017, 03:26:46 pm »
Wasn't he just gonna appeal his case? I thought i've read that only few weeks ago.
Maybe he found out he will be in prison for life and that was it for him.