Author Topic: CL Final Liverpool (Champions of Europe)2 vs Spurs 0 - Salah 2' (Pen) Origi 87’  (Read 192670 times)

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Is there a camera angle available that gets a good shot of Mane as that ball goes in? Absolutely loved his reaction. :)
Click on the gif above to full screen and you can see him bottom right as he falls to his knees, but only for a second or two. Would love to see it from the front!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 06:51:17 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Click on the gif above to full screen and you can see him bottom right as he falls to his knees, but only for a second or two. Would love to see it from the front!

Yes, I know he's in the gif, he's also peripheral in a few other angles, but I'd love to see a camera focusing on him. I guess there aren't any.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
Compared to the semi-final, I've barely watched the highlights :D and the commentary was absolutely shite.

Tell me about it. And was Mcmanaman waffling on about Origi's brilliant second goal being scruffy.   
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Keep coming back to the reactions to the second goal. Origi like "Yeah, so, I  did a thing, no big deal"; Robertson arms wide, airplane, head back shouting, running over to celebrate like you did when you were a kid; Virgil flopping down on his back arms in the air...

They just know. Gets me every time.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The first of many great Klopp-era triumphs we'll remember forever.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
Still love watching this. And as one of the lucky few that got a ballot ticket, it was my best night ever and unlikely to be bettered for so many reasons.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Peter Drury was needed.

He did commentate it apparently, as BT sport used his commentary on the post game montage. No one seems to have the full thing tho'. Wish they would make it available somehow, as I agree, the commentary is very underwhelming.

Really miss Clive for these CL games, he was brilliant for the 05 run

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
The first of many great Klopp-era triumphs we'll remember forever.

Of course we'll always remember.  Because nobody's going to allow this thread to drift from the front page. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
He did commentate it apparently, as BT sport used his commentary on the post game montage. No one seems to have the full thing tho'. Wish they would make it available somehow, as I agree, the commentary is very underwhelming.

Really miss Clive for these CL games, he was brilliant for the 05 run

D o you have a link for that montage by any chance?

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Sort of - There's a video of the post-match coverage here (check the file names to get the right one). It's 2GB
https://mega.nz/#F!6BtjzIab!CuVgVS_49XgcNUe4IchszA

If you go to about minute 50:36 you can hear Drury commentating over both goals. Unfortunately there is some shitty music also playing but his commentary for Origi's goal in particular is really clear and unmistakably Drury

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Jon Champion wouldn't have been bad either.

Cheers for the link

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
It’s been just over a month since the European cup final. I don’t know how that could possibly true because the feeling of complete joy which still washes over me every day should have gone by now. This feeling of invincibility has continued to last and continues to make me smile like a psycho in public all the time. Nothing can upset me because I know that if I cast my mind back to a month before, I’ll have an immense sense of joy better than any drug. Until at least May 2020, (the emphasis being on at least ;)) Liverpool fc are the kings of Europe.

This is all new to me. Many on here will have experienced the feeling of winning the European cup but, for me, I wasn’t even born in the 70s/80s and even 2005 was way before my first memories of football. Me, and others of my generation, had experienced only misery. I’ve seen H&G as owners and Hodgson as manager. I’ve seen false dawns and near misses. I’ve seen great players move on, only to be replaced by average ones. I’ve looked on in envy as my United supporting friends watched them rack up title after title. In other words, I come from a generation of doubters. After all, what was there to believe in?

Looking at the past what great but, in my eyes, it was the closest I’d ever get to seeing true glory. That glory wasn’t for me as a Liverpool fan. It was for older generations but now, Liverpool were past their prime and the club which was European royalty was so far separated to the one I watched every week that it was hardly even the same club.

That all changed in October 2015. As soon as I saw that Jurgen Klopp was manager of my football club, I knew instantly that we were destined for the top and that the glory days that seemed so distant would become a reality for me. This was the day that I knew we were destined for the top. That was the day that I changed from a doubter to a believer.

Since that day I’ve seen my fair share of great moments. The Europa league run of 2016 and the Champions league run of 2018 were incredible and have given me memories that will never fade but the one thing that was missing was a big shiny cup that we could lift above our heads and shout from the rooftops, “we are Liverpool and we’re back”.

The European cup finals of 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984 and 2005 are five games which will be forever held up in legend. Over time, they seem to have been given a mythical status and how I imagined them was very different to how it really felt- it’s 10x better! I’ve often imagined these great moments to be very clear. Watching Tommy Smith rise above his marker into the sky and nod the ball in. Seeing the Real Madrid defence part as Alan Kenedy glided through and stuck the ball in the net. Following the ball the whole way before it met Gerrard’s head and gave us hope when we should be down and out. However, the moment Origi stroked the ball in to the bottom corner it was more of a complete blur. There was a moment when I saw the ball land at his feet and I knew he’d score when time stood still for a while but after that, seeing him put it in the net was complete mayhem.

This isn’t happening, it can’t be! My club are about to be champions of Europe and I’ve just witnessed a historic game of football. There was a moment of complete bliss when I realised that my entire life of watching football had led up to this moment where I could see Jordan Henderson lift big ears in Madrid and I knew that it simply doesn’t get much better than this. I’ll never forget the moment when I first saw that beautiful cup the next day,  seeing the shining trophy emerge from the ranks of players (or deities as I call them) as the bus rolled on along Queen’s drive. That was the time when the Liverpool I knew met the Liverpool of old and could stand next to them as equals. They’d reached the peak of European football, as 5 red teams had before, and they won’t be the last to do it.
Wonderful [emoji16]

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop

2 talking points here. The penalty - I was shitting a brick saying to my son - Salah nearly always goes to the keepers left and Lloris will know that - the good thing is Mo usually strikes it well and it was past him almost instantaneously - just an elbow up and it was saved and we've got a new ball game. Please vary them Mo!
 What was Mane hoping to achieve in that area - a mile offside and the best thing that can happen is the goal doesn't get disallowed for him interfering with play.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I thought that pen was a bit dicky,he smashed it so yeah not many keepers save it on target.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
Don't know where to post this, but I noticed over a week ago that Uefa has changed the seeding system going forward. I wonder how this would affect the pot system for us as we should be in pot 1. They are using a 10 year record from now on, and I think we'd be seeded pretty high for a number of years due to 3 recent finals. Man Utd's seedings should drop. When AC Milan do get back in a few years time, their seeding should be very low on this basis.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Don't know where to post this, but I noticed over a week ago that Uefa has changed the seeding system going forward. I wonder how this would affect the pot system for us as we should be in pot 1. They are using a 10 year record from now on, and I think we'd be seeded pretty high for a number of years due to 3 recent finals. Man Utd's seedings should drop. When AC Milan do get back in a few years time, their seeding should be very low on this basis.

They’re not

It’s the CL and EL winners plus the other six champions of the top rated leagues in pot one and then five year coefficient from then on for the other pots. The ten year thing is more how much money teams get I believe.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
They’re not

It’s the CL and EL winners plus the other six champions of the top rated leagues in pot one and then five year coefficient from then on for the other pots. The ten year thing is more how much money teams get I believe.

Hmm, are you sure? There was something new on this about a week ago but I think you right. Thought it was to do with seedings.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hmm, are you sure? There was something new on this about a week ago but I think you right. Thought it was to do with seedings.

Yeah I’m sure  ;D

They’ve changed the way prize money is distributed so part of it (I think 30%) is based on ten year coefficient. But the actual seeding process is the same as it was. Ours isn’t great....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SteveZissou

• Legacy Fan
Yeah I’m sure  ;D

They’ve changed the way prize money is distributed so part of it (I think 30%) is based on ten year coefficient. But the actual seeding process is the same as it was. Ours isn’t great....

You say our seeding isn't great. I assumed we'd get into Pot 1 since we're defending champions.
If we not defending champions in the next draw (a year from now), I'm sure we'd build up enough credit this next year with another long run.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:49:52 am by SteveZissou »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You say our seeding isn't great. I assumed we'd get into Pot 1 since we're defending champions.
If we not defending champions in the next draw (a year from now), I'm sure we'd build up enough credit this next year with another long run.

No. Our five year coefficient, which the SEEDING is based on, is excellent. Our ten year coefficient, which part of the MONEY DISTRIBUTION is based on, isn’t great.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
No. Our five year coefficient, which the SEEDING is based on, is excellent. Our ten year coefficient, which part of the MONEY DISTRIBUTION is based on, isn’t great.

Just have to win the motherfucker again...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
With regards to the commentary, they really wanted Spurs to win. The fact they lost in a boring game explains their general lack on enthusiasm.

I'm not finding fault with them too much. This is actually the first time in our two Champions League campaigns under Klopp where that's been the case. I think they've been genuinely supportive of us progressing through, even against City.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
What was Mane hoping to achieve in that area - a mile offside and the best thing that can happen is the goal doesn't get disallowed for him interfering with play.
Incredibly I've only just noticed how far offside he is. Thankfully he didn't throw out a leg or anything.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jon Champion wouldn't have been bad either.

Cheers for the link
Really? I've always felt he disliked us. He and Steve Wilson always have some snarky comment about Liverpool.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
Still in shock that we won the European Cup Final. What a job JK has done. Phenomenal. Got his signings spot on. Showed courage to go for VVD and Alisson given the transfer fees. Shipped out a truck load of players and reshaped his squad in such a clever way since Oct 15. After three finals heartache it was great to see JK lift the big one. 

I can't wait for next season to start. I would like to see us bring in a back up striker and a creative midfielder.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

The last time we were defending champions we had to go through every single qualifier, so I guess there's that at least!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
We will be in Pot 1 this season Then after that there will be at least three seasons of reaching a European final and one season of European Champions. Will probably be at least in Pot 2 after that.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
I keep on watching the European campaign and final on LFCTV, still hasn't sunk in.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I keep on watching the European campaign and final on LFCTV, still hasn't sunk in.
Same here.

To be honest, I don't even want the new season to start. I just want to carry on enjoying and savouring this forever. I've not even fully processed the Barcelona tie yet, never mind the entire season.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We will be in Pot 1 this season Then after that there will be at least three seasons of reaching a European final and one season of European Champions. Will probably be at least in Pot 2 after that.

Honestly, whilst we want the advantage of being in Pot 1, I don't fear any other team in Europe. We're the most dangerous team and no other will want us in their group.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly, whilst we want the advantage of being in Pot 1, I don't fear any other team in Europe. We're the most dangerous team and no other will want us in their group.

Rightly so.

But funnily enough the chances are we'd get a better draw from being in Pot 2 than Pot 1 this season

• Legacy Fan

Of course but it's easier to manager a group with the likes of Spartak Moscow and Maribor in them as opposed to Napoli PSG and Red Star.

Especially if we are competing on two fronts, which we ware.

So the easier the group the better.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
Rightly so.

But funnily enough the chances are we'd get a better draw from being in Pot 2 than Pot 1 this season
Why do you think that?
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why do you think that?

Ah, its not as close in standard between pot 1 and 2 as I remembered. Just being in any pot and getting Zenit + 2 others is a dream draw

POT 1:  Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit St Petersburg

POT 2 (provisional): Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, FC Porto*, Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar Donetsk, Ajax*

POT 3 (provisional):  Benfica, Dynamo Kiev*, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, FC Salzburg, Valencia, Inter Milan, Celtic*

POT 4 (provisional):  FC Copenhagen*, Dinamo Zagreb*, Lokomotiv Moscow, Genk, Galatasaray, RB Leipzig, Atalanta, Lille

This would be ideal:
US
Porto/Ajax
Leverkusen/Salzburg/Celtic
Any

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
Ah, its not as close in standard between pot 1 and 2 as I remembered. Just being in any pot and getting Zenit + 2 others is a dream draw

POT 1:  Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit St Petersburg

POT 2 (provisional): Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, FC Porto*, Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar Donetsk, Ajax*

POT 3 (provisional):  Benfica, Dynamo Kiev*, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, FC Salzburg, Valencia, Inter Milan, Celtic*

POT 4 (provisional):  FC Copenhagen*, Dinamo Zagreb*, Lokomotiv Moscow, Genk, Galatasaray, RB Leipzig, Atalanta, Lille

This would be ideal:
US
Porto/Ajax
Any
Fair enough, I hadn't seen the seedings. As you said, anyone outside of pot 1 will be hoping for Zenit but the rest of the pot except for maybe Chelsea are very strong as expected. Getting either Madrid team or Dortmund from pot 2 would be rough but I'd back us against anyone, really. As for pot 3&4, they both look very weak and I'm not really arsed who we get from them.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four

This would be ideal:
US
Porto/Ajax Real Madrid
Any

It's their fucking turn
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
It's their fucking turn
Their turn to be put into the cage with the Origi
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Finally a video has surfaced with Drury, although it's only 10 mins of highlights - Get it while it's hot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfMyGp2vXNw

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Finally a video has surfaced with Drury, although it's only 10 mins of highlights - Get it while it's hot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfMyGp2vXNw

''.. it's come to ORIGI.....  the ribbons are red... ''   :scarf :scarf :champ :scarf :scarf
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.