Author Topic: One massive positive if we have a shit season and end up midtable...  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
... is all these fucking shithouse kick off times would reduce and hopefully end.

Imagine if every game was 15:00 on a Saturday. I'd take near relegation for being able to go to a football match like a normal person and not fucking midday or fucking late on a fucking Friday or twatting Saturday or fucking random bellend Sunday kickoffs.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: One massive positive if we have a shit season and end up midtable...
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2023, 08:09:45 pm »
WHERE'S THE FUCKIN' POLL?

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2023, 08:19:59 pm »
Guaranteed a 12pm kick-off against Everton twice a season though!
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2023, 08:21:17 pm »
Guaranteed a 12pm kick-off against Everton twice a season though!
Given their form, there’s no guarantee of that….
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 4, 2023, 08:21:25 pm »
nonsense
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #5 on: January 4, 2023, 08:23:20 pm »
Given their form, there’s no guarantee of that….
There is if we carry on our 'decline'  :D
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 4, 2023, 08:36:55 pm »
Andy, I  know an Evertonian who told me that he would rather go through the thrill of staying up on the last day that winning cups and leagues like us. Not what I want to do and football kick off times are here to stay.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: January 4, 2023, 08:48:54 pm »
Andy, I  know an Evertonian who told me that he would rather go through the thrill of staying up on the last day that winning cups and leagues like us. Not what I want to do and football kick off times are here to stay.

How does he knows?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 4, 2023, 09:56:29 pm »
When they stayed up last season, he was on the pitch and told me it was the greatest feeling he has ever had in his life.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 4, 2023, 10:26:17 pm »
... is all these fucking shithouse kick off times would reduce and hopefully end.

Imagine if every game was 15:00 on a Saturday. I'd take near relegation for being able to go to a football match like a normal person and not fucking midday or fucking late on a fucking Friday or twatting Saturday or fucking random bellend Sunday kickoffs.

I think it would be worse to be honest Andy. If we weren’t in Europe, then it would be easier to put us on anytime over the weekend, so more 4.30pm Sundays or 12.30pm Saturdays because we would need the gaps for midweek European matches. Us and United are still the big TV draws in this country so would imagine we will be on TV just as much.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 4, 2023, 11:47:36 pm »
It would also help to cleanse the forum of some right twats that were just here for the glory...

I'll see you all in a couple of years (decades?) time hahaha.. ;D

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 5, 2023, 07:29:38 am »
Some people work Saturdays. Some people live far away from Liverpool. Some people can’t afford the ticket prices (maybe on top of travel and accommodation)

Why should watching Liverpool be limited to being in Liverpool at 3pm on a Saturday, and able to afford tickets Andy?

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: January 5, 2023, 09:23:56 am »
Got to be honest I don’t think it would make a great deal of difference considering the pulling power the broadcasting companies have now.

Not to mention it’s highly unlikely we finish lower than 6th place, no matter how shit we’ve been by our standards

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #13 on: January 5, 2023, 09:27:02 am »
It may get easier to obtain tickets if we shed some of the Johnny-come-lately coattail riders who only really got interested when Klopp got us Big Ears again

I mean I don't want THAT BADLY want us to fail but I wonder exactly how far we drop off before our support takes a hit
« Last Edit: January 5, 2023, 09:35:43 am by ToneLa »

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: January 5, 2023, 09:34:56 am »
Don’t think so, we would be on Friday, Mondays and Saturday 12.30’s more often with no European football.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 5, 2023, 09:44:12 am »
Some people work Saturdays. Some people live far away from Liverpool. Some people can’t afford the ticket prices (maybe on top of travel and accommodation)

Why should watching Liverpool be limited to being in Liverpool at 3pm on a Saturday, and able to afford tickets Andy?

A lot of my mates do, 8pm kick offs on a Saturday night absolutely fuck their weekends up. I've only moved to Manchester and 8pm KO times fuck me up. Part of what made me stop going in 2010 was the stupid monday night games, I was sick of leaving work early and then having to make up the time and then getting in at half 11. I was offered tickets for this Saturday, money is tight right now, but the 8pm KO put me off, ruins my day, kids up late yet again, fucking about with tea so having to get a burger or something at the ground, adding more expense to what is already getting on for a £100 day.

Anyway, they could always go and support their local team...

;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16 on: January 5, 2023, 09:53:22 am »
We are a bit shit, but we're not getting relegated to league 2. More likely to be more Sunday matches with Europa League possible.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #17 on: January 5, 2023, 10:21:30 am »
The Bloos might soon be enjoying a load of Saturday 3pms, but that comes with the Championship's 31 midweek rounds of games.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #18 on: August 1, 2023, 01:55:17 pm »
We are a bit shit, but we're not getting relegated to league 2. More likely to be more Sunday matches with Europa League possible.
Agreed. The Europa League game against Dortmund is still fun for me to watch, the replay. Hahahahha!! Remember the Lovren's celebration? Drives me mad and fun. Crazy night.  ;D  ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #19 on: August 1, 2023, 02:13:21 pm »
Are you signed up to any of the telly subscription services that decide on these KO times?
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #20 on: August 1, 2023, 04:57:15 pm »
I would like to see how often we have had actually played at 3pm on a Saturday for the last few years. It isn’t often.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: August 2, 2023, 07:44:52 am »
We are 8-1 to win the league this year.£150 stake will fund next years champions league final trip.

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: August 2, 2023, 11:11:22 am »
I would like to see how often we have had actually played at 3pm on a Saturday for the last few years. It isn’t often.

8/38 last season
6/38 season before