Author Topic: FAO PhaseofPlay  (Read 7908 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: FAO PhaseofPlay
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 09:29:39 am »
It's the biggest Liverpool site on the internet, it's obvious you're going to have wide and varying opinions.

If you can't handle it when people disagree with you, you're better off not on here. PoP had great difficulty when people disagreed with him, that was people's biggest issue with him in fact, rather than his actual opinions on stuff. You'd think he was Klopp himself. He was a good poster, who should come back, but if he's happier away from here, good for him.

:lmao

Fucking hell lad that's one of the most ironical things I've ever read on here.

But yeah for anyone else, have a pop back to that Stoke game. I was surprised it had been that long since he posted last, but pretty much every other post was harping back to something he'd said, taking a weird pleasure in having a pop (excuse the pun :)) at him. And it is the same with Babu at the moment, as soon as we don't win a game the usual suspects start with 'oh I wonder what heat maps Babu is going to get out to show us how great Lovren was against Spurs' and guff like that. Be nice if one of the other sub-forums were a bit more active, but no doubt if the better posters started posting in those threads then the bottom feeders would follow.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 09:51:25 am »
I think that was more the issue, that he’d put in this great effort in writing a post and some of the replies and insults he got back were just a load of shite. The same posters would then take pleasure, it seemed, from the team doing bad as they’d then use this as a stick to beat PoP with.

For all the gratitude he used to get the endless amount of shite must have been tiring and I don’t blame him for not handling it great. I think if I’d put that much effort into my posts, surprisingly I don’t, then I’d be a lot more snappy with the mindless few being dicks constantly.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 10:59:46 am »
I think that was more the issue, that he’d put in this great effort in writing a post and some of the replies and insults he got back were just a load of shite. The same posters would then take pleasure, it seemed, from the team doing bad as they’d then use this as a stick to beat PoP with.

For all the gratitude he used to get the endless amount of shite must have been tiring and I don’t blame him for not handling it great. I think if I’d put that much effort into my posts, surprisingly I don’t, then I’d be a lot more snappy with the mindless few being dicks constantly.

From 2013, when where there was a good, factual debate going on : (actually on squad depth; iago aspas etc").

"You're like the lad who joins a lotto syndicate, disagrees with the numbers picked, the syndicate wins 100 million, your share is 20 million, and you're still asking why they picked those six numbers. "

"The analogy is that even when things are going well, you're that little voice at the back who has to try and get attention by focusing on minor and inconsequential negatives. In other words, you backed a horse, FSG backed a different one, you complained about it and now that FSG's horse is doing quite well, you are searching for trivial complaints in order to reinforce your original point. Priests and mountains of sugar, in other words."

"Again I'll ask - what difference does it make to your life if Aspas plays or not, and if Borini is on loan or not?"

"Well then let me apologise for being an arse, if that's what you're really trying to say, because it doesn't come across that way at times. I shall perhaps, in future, keep my opinion to myself and let you post your thoughts unhindered. I would, though, urge you to be more direct in your points, and less rhetorical. No matter what your intentions are, sometimes the posts you make seem more damning of Rodgers, than questioning of him (or the club)2
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 11:31:43 am »
PoP a great poster who said he was never coming back but does and everyone is happy, and rightly so. Anywhichway the total fucking opposite [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm glad Anywhichway is back. Would be glad if PoP is back too.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 01:39:18 pm »
I didn't mean to sound like a dick by the way. I often disagreed with PoP, but as I always say, that's what makes a site, when people disagree.

I hope PoP comes back, but if he's happier away from here, that's what matters.

:lmao

Fucking hell lad that's one of the most ironical things I've ever read on here.

But yeah for anyone else, have a pop back to that Stoke game. I was surprised it had been that long since he posted last, but pretty much every other post was harping back to something he'd said, taking a weird pleasure in having a pop (excuse the pun :)) at him. And it is the same with Babu at the moment, as soon as we don't win a game the usual suspects start with 'oh I wonder what heat maps Babu is going to get out to show us how great Lovren was against Spurs' and guff like that. Be nice if one of the other sub-forums were a bit more active, but no doubt if the better posters started posting in those threads then the bottom feeders would follow.
This is nonsense, really.

If people point out problems when things are going well, they're considered miserable fucks. When people point out problems when things are going badly, they're considered bad supporters and 'need to get behind the team'.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 01:53:14 pm »
This is nonsense, really.

If people point out problems when things are going well, they're considered miserable fucks. When people point out problems when things are going badly, they're considered bad supporters and 'need to get behind the team'.

You're missing the point though mate, as usual.

Its not that people are miserable fucks, or not miserable fucks. Its that people seem to take specific joy in the team losing/drawing so they can go back to something someone said when they were trying to be positive. As was the case with PoP in that specific thread, numerous posters were taking joy that Rodgers was likely to get sacked after that loss and aimed it at PoP who had been very pro-Rodgers. There are numerous posters who only seem to surface when we don't win. I wont name names, because we all know them.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 02:19:30 pm »
You're missing the point though mate, as usual.

Its not that people are miserable fucks, or not miserable fucks. Its that people seem to take specific joy in the team losing/drawing so they can go back to something someone said when they were trying to be positive. As was the case with PoP in that specific thread, numerous posters were taking joy that Rodgers was likely to get sacked after that loss and aimed it at PoP who had been very pro-Rodgers. There are numerous posters who only seem to surface when we don't win. I wont name names, because we all know them.
But that happens to everyone. It's part of being part of a massive online community. Are those people any worse than the people who think everything is always gravy? Both of those groups add the same thing to the discussion - nothing.

PoP was indeed very pro-Rodgers, so much so that he was bending over backwards to defend the indefensible. People are entitled to dispute the things he said. That's the whole point of the site.

I had someone bring up a post from 2012 (when I just quoted someone) recently, to try and disparage me.

I think it's safe to say I'm speaking from experience, I don't think many posters have been bashed from pillar to post as much as I have on here.

If being on RAWK was negatively affecting PoP then he's right to stay away. We all take a break from the place every now and then (except for Chakan, Hazell and Crosby Nick).

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2017, 02:21:12 pm »
If being on RAWK was negatively affecting PoP then he's right to stay away. We all take a break from the place every now and then (except for Chakan, Hazell and Crosby Nick).

I'll have you know I take plenty of breaks! I get a solid 8 hours sleep a day.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 03:42:53 pm »
PoP was indeed very pro-Rodgers, so much so that he was bending over backwards to defend the indefensible. People are entitled to dispute the things he said. That's the whole point of the site.

They are

What they're not (or shouldn't) be entitled to is to seemingly take joy in us losing so they can have a crack at him, which is what was happening. We're all meant to be here as Liverpool fans, and the amount who do that sort of thing is a bit sad.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 03:48:04 pm »
They are

What they're not (or shouldn't) be entitled to is to seemingly take joy in us losing so they can have a crack at him, which is what was happening. We're all meant to be here as Liverpool fans, and the amount who do that sort of thing is a bit sad.

The thing they started doing was attacking the poster first and ignoring what he posted. People can disagree all they want, what they failed to do was back up that disagreement. The same happens to Babu.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 03:49:54 pm »
They are

The thing they started doing was attacking the poster first and ignoring what he posted. People can disagree all they want, what they failed to do was back up that disagreement. The same happens to Babu.

I can't disagree with either of those posts. People should attack the post, not the poster.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 04:25:07 pm »
So it's unanimous, we all want PoP to return to frequent posting about all things LFC.
Locked for now, pm a Mod if you've got anything to add.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 10:14:13 am »
I can't disagree with either of those posts. People should attack the post, not the poster.
[/mode irony]