Author Topic: PL: Fulham 2 v Liverpool 2 Mitrovich 33' 72' (p) Darwin 64' Salah 81'  (Read 35055 times)

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Fulham 2 v Liverpool 2 Mitrovich 33' 72' (p) Darwin 64' Salah 81'
« Reply #440 on: August 6, 2022, 03:58:11 pm »
Not sure the players can be blamed for this game. We got it wrong with our starting lineup

They can.

The majority of them were really poor today.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #441 on: August 6, 2022, 03:59:11 pm »
He will adapt rather than buy someone who doesn't fit our system.

How do you know there was no one available who couldn’t fit our system?

Must be the only football team who have such a limited number of potential buys because they don’t fit our system 😌

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: August 6, 2022, 03:59:22 pm »
Absolutely terrible performance in midfield today doesn't bode well
for rest of season!(especially the injury records hendo, fab,keita,thiago have!)
Where's Gini when you need him!

If Gini is the answer fuck knows what the question is.  When was the last time you saw him play, it's been about a year.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #443 on: August 6, 2022, 04:00:05 pm »
How do you know there was no one available who couldn’t fit our system?

Must be the only football team who have such a limited number of potential buys because they don’t fit our system 😌

Because presumably we would already have brought them if there was anyone available.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #444 on: August 6, 2022, 04:00:11 pm »
Not sure the players can be blamed for this game. We got it wrong with our starting lineup
Of course they can and Klopp has already commented on their attitude

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: August 6, 2022, 04:00:41 pm »
You're wrong. Simple as that.
I’ll give you Nunez. Anything else you’d like to be “right” about?

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #446 on: August 6, 2022, 04:01:30 pm »
Because presumably we would already have brought them if there was anyone available.

More like we have a budget for the season as has always been the case under FSG.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: August 6, 2022, 04:02:39 pm »

Harvey Elliott, anything else you'd like to be wrong about ?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: August 6, 2022, 04:02:50 pm »

Two things can be right at the same time

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: August 6, 2022, 04:03:24 pm »
More like we have a budget for the season as has always been the case under FSG.

Nothing to do with FSG, listen to the manager and understand the way he prefers to work.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #450 on: August 6, 2022, 04:04:16 pm »

Elliott was very good , which seemed to improve Salah moving more inside , Henderson dropping to no 6 also made us look better

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: August 6, 2022, 04:04:49 pm »
He will adapt rather than buy someone who doesn't fit our system.

When Jota is back we may see 4 up top against the low block sides. Otherwise I suspect this is the year that Elliott and Curtis get more regular starts.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #452 on: August 6, 2022, 04:06:22 pm »
That starting lineup can start CL finals.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: August 6, 2022, 04:08:55 pm »
When Jota is back we may see 4 up top against the low block sides. Otherwise I suspect this is the year that Elliott and Curtis get more regular starts.

I think Elliot and Curtis will get more starts, it's also a definite set back not having Jota available from the start, I think we miss him when he isn't there. But I'm looking forward to seeing what Klopp does in the meantime.

Online nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #454 on: August 6, 2022, 04:09:05 pm »
If Gini is the answer fuck knows what the question is.  When was the last time you saw him play, it's been about a year.
Prior to his move last summer he was starter in center mid for us in over 35 games per season.
Unfortunately that can't be said in regards to fab, hendo, keita, thiago
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: August 6, 2022, 04:10:10 pm »
Though Fulham had our number. Their tactics were spot on.  We very rarely play well when we are pressed with high intensity

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #456 on: August 6, 2022, 04:11:30 pm »
Jürgen Klopp:

“The best thing about the game is the result. A really bad game. How can that happen? The attitude was not right in the beginning. We tried to react after 15 minutes.

Pretty much sums it up.  They came out hungry and aggressive and we were too passive.  The fact Fullham kept this up throughout the entire game and we only showed any fight a few times is the reason this ended up being a draw.

Loved Nunez again, I think he's going to easily score 15-20 this season and be just behind Salah in scoring.  Diaz was unlucky with that shot of the post, which also happened a number of times last year.  Looking for him to make a small adjustment in his aim just like Suarez did after that first season where he hit the post 10,000 times.

I and others have said it numerous times already, but not following up and bringing in a midfielder after the Tchouaméni transfer didn't work out will be our biggest issue this year.  Our midfield is currently comprised of too many injury prone players (Ox, Keita, Thiago) and others who are too young/not ready (Elliot, Jones) to make the type of consistent contribution a team that is challenging for top spot in the world requires.  There will be a need to bring in 2-3 new midfielders over the next couple of years and we should have started this process by bringing in at least one this year.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #457 on: August 6, 2022, 04:11:39 pm »

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: August 6, 2022, 04:11:46 pm »

Bizarre statement. Literally everyone was terrible in the first half. Passing and touches were atrocious. You could argue that Nunez should've started instead of Firmino, but otherwise it was our strongest possible lineup. The players let themselves down and the attitude was concerning.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: August 6, 2022, 04:16:02 pm »
I think Elliot and Curtis will get more starts, it's also a definite set back not having Jota available from the start, I think we miss him when he isn't there. But I'm looking forward to seeing what Klopp does in the meantime.

Elliott was excellent when he came on. I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us this season.

It's hard not be disappointed about the game today but just taking a step back, I'm not sure how some people are going to survive the season if some of the reactions to it (and the club not signing more players) are anything to go by.

Over it now, looking forward to the remaining 37 games. And the Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #460 on: August 6, 2022, 04:16:59 pm »
Even with all of Fulham’s positives and our poor play for 60 minutes we hit the post in crossbar, had a superb goal chalked off (rightly) for offside in the build up.

They had one shot hit the post too.

Things are not as desperate as some would believe.

It’s only City’s sports washing that make this result seem worse
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: August 6, 2022, 04:17:57 pm »
Difficult to watch at times. The tempo wasn’t there for large parts, the passing off. I think most would agree that Henderson is far better as a 6. Nunez looked a handful when he came on but needs to be sharper. They all do.

An odd one in that we were unlucky not to win, didn’t deserve to win and equally were lucky not to lose. Mitrovic is a grade A tosser and will not hit double digits this season. He played well today but we allowed him to play to his strengths. The dive for the penalty was laughable and Henderson was fouled in the build up to the first goal. They did also hit the post though.

All round dire really. Let’s hope it was enough exercise to lend some sharpness ahead of the next game because we were way off it. Milner excellent when he came on.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen us have as bad a half of football or give the ball away so, so much. It’s also hard to understand why we virtually never get a competent ref. Some of Mitrovic’s dives were laughable, yet everyone a free kick. Early on they did some poor challenges that should’ve been carded but weren’t and the ref bought everything they were selling. The first goal and the penalty don’t stand if the rules are actually applied properly and at the end, despite Reid doing five laps of honour, Fulham using two subs and Mitrovic again sharpening his thespian talents with his ‘cramp,’ we only played to the fifth minute when there should have been around 8 or 9.

Villareal away in the first half last season was next level poor by us.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #462 on: August 6, 2022, 04:18:39 pm »
We were sloppy but most games we can be sloppy, win the key moments, and still comfortably win. Unfortunately we were sloppy and lost the key moments, and yet we were still quite unlucky to only get a point.

Would be good to see Nunez and Elliott rewarded with starts next game but wouldn't be surprised if Firmino starts as Nunez builds his fitness up.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #463 on: August 6, 2022, 04:18:48 pm »
Villareal away in the first half last season was next level poor by us.

Another match where the opposition came flying out at us from the off and pressed hard.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: August 6, 2022, 04:19:16 pm »
Though Fulham had our number. Their tactics were spot on.  We very rarely play well when we are pressed with high intensity

They pressed our fullbacks well, it was only when Elliott came on and started to drift wide from midfield that they lost it.  I was quite impressed with Fulham, we were poor but a lot of that is down to Fulham. 

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #465 on: August 6, 2022, 04:24:01 pm »
Well, now our league season is effectively over, I think the pressure is off, so I'll just sit back and enjoy the football.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #466 on: August 6, 2022, 04:28:02 pm »
Well, now our league season is effectively over, I think the pressure is off, so I'll just sit back and enjoy the football.

;D
Believer

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: August 6, 2022, 04:29:22 pm »

Just concentrate on the cups.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: August 6, 2022, 04:42:59 pm »
Do people actually believe this dents our title chances or is it just for attention I mean come on. First game of the season. Nunez already off the mark, Salah being Salah. Excited for what lies ahead

Of course its a dent. Every dropped point is.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #469 on: August 6, 2022, 04:44:58 pm »
I think as well as a lack of urgency and reaction to Fulhams aggression, we got the tactical set up a bit wrong. Firmino dropped so deep and Diaz coming narrow meant we had no out and Salah was marked out the game. Palhinha had a great first half because everything was so narrow, and he just got involved everytime it came near him.

The game changed once we put width in and the team started to build.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: August 6, 2022, 04:45:29 pm »
Very poor in midfield today, and we’re in trouble if we are expecting Milner to come on and change the game throughout the season (which he had a good go at today in fairness).

One to forget, on to Palace we go.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 6, 2022, 04:49:42 pm »
That starting lineup can start CL finals.

If today game was against a big team I am sure we would have played better but certain games you face teams who use tactics that show your weakness. It's not the first time we had situations like this aginst small teams and this comes down to the midfield which made everyone looks under par. We have to give credit to Fulham and also we needed a creative midfielder the first half so we don't make it easier for them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: August 6, 2022, 04:50:56 pm »
Thought the midfield looked old and stale.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: August 6, 2022, 04:53:44 pm »
Thought the midfield looked old and stale.
Bobby was non-existent and we were a lot better when Darwin came on. It's hard to create anything when the centre point of your attack is so blunt.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 04:57:44 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #474 on: August 6, 2022, 05:04:50 pm »
Unacceptable result. Performances like this is why we won't win another league tile while having the best squad in the league.

True North Strong

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: August 6, 2022, 05:06:25 pm »
Do people actually believe this dents our title chances or is it just for attention I mean come on. First game of the season. Nunez already off the mark, Salah being Salah. Excited for what lies ahead

History tells you it is a dent.  Every draw/loss is a dent now, that's how much the goal posts have been moved.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: August 6, 2022, 05:06:33 pm »
Some clear hyperbole in here, and will be in the usual places, not least on cesspits like Twitter and the usual dickhead pundits and journalism. Such is modern day football.

There was an element of complacency and arrogance in our play. First game of the season. Better to get a slap in the face now and wise up early. Oh, and watch Fulham bend over and lube themselves up against City when they play them. They won't put a shift in like that against anyone else this season. Put money on it.

It should hardly be a surprise that these were gonna "put in a shift" against us or anyone else on the first day of the season, after being promoted, in front of their home fans, against one of the best teams in the world.

How it was a surprise to us is a problem.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: August 6, 2022, 05:07:02 pm »
Just concentrate on the cups.

Or just give up altogether and count down the days till the World Cup.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: August 6, 2022, 05:07:37 pm »
We were fucking shit in the first half! 

Saying that, I'd really like to know the chances of the same team drawing the champions of the Championship in the first game of the season, four years in a row!

I'm pretty certain they will be quite low!
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 05:09:47 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: August 6, 2022, 05:08:04 pm »
Or just give up altogether and count down the days till the World Cup.

I can't wait for the World Cup.  :-\