Author Topic: PL: Fulham 2 v Liverpool 2 Mitrovich 33' 72' (p) Darwin 64' Salah 81'  (Read 35109 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: PL: Fulham 2 v Liverpool 2 Mitrovich 33' 72' (p) Darwin 64' Salah 81'
« Reply #360 on: August 6, 2022, 03:09:27 pm »
What is our solution in midfield? Start Harvey?
It's a must especially against the dross.

No need to start todays big game midfield against lower teams.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: August 6, 2022, 03:10:08 pm »
This is me also, I'd love to give up football, but as someone wrote earlier it's really not that easy to bin something that's been a passion for 40 years (51 in my case).

It really isn't good for my mental health, which is also affecting my physical health.

Yeah like legitimately I am not saying this as a knock on anyone, I am serious football shouldn't make you feel like that. There is passion I know, I feel that, but to a point it's honestly not worth it. If it makes you so angry you shake, or makes you feel sick, or depressed, try to focus on something else for a while

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #362 on: August 6, 2022, 03:10:18 pm »
Henderson can and did. It's a lazy simplification. Keita can, Jones can, etc.

Yes - didnt put my point across well - they can sure - but given the odds Thiago is the most likely and seems most likely to cause a bit of penetration. I think the most important thing is he can dictate the tempo from midfield whereas i don't think Hendo has that in his locker anymore. Both were woeful today tbf.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: August 6, 2022, 03:10:21 pm »
There was VAR, it just didn't declare it as a clear error.

It was soft, but Virgil did kick out, which made the decision that much harder to overturn.

No the first goal. It was too far back they said.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #364 on: August 6, 2022, 03:10:57 pm »
Is that the first time Klopps ever questioned the players attitude?
He’s right to … some of the more experienced players were complacent from the first whistle
Would not want to be them in training this week

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: August 6, 2022, 03:11:00 pm »
Absolute cobblers. When teams don't go toe to toe with us everyone complains that they're just sitting back and looking to nick one.

Yep!

Another narrative that needs to die a rapid death. Early in the season even mid game the same was being said of West Ham at half time of their game against Chelsea, rolling over apparently but they weren’t, they just weren’t dominating.

If Fulham play City and aren’t the better side some will moan ignoring the fact a big part of today was us being so casual rather than simply being Fulham playing amazingly, they had a simple gameplan and we played into their hands which isn’t going to be the case, City likely wont be lumping the ball forward to no one, tripping over the ball and passing to players who are behind opposition players, at some point it needs to be acknowledged that some of these games we’re shooting ourselves in the foot AND some sides we brush aside manage to take points from City by outfighting them

He’s right to … some of the more experienced players were complacent from the first whistle

Definitely done that before

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: August 6, 2022, 03:11:01 pm »
At this point Henderson should be competing exclusively with Fabinho for the DM role. He's still very good in that position. Harvey should have that right side role until he does something to lose it.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: August 6, 2022, 03:11:40 pm »
Thiago's probably going to be out for a while. I would like us to push Henderson deeper and start with either Elliott or Carvalho ahead of him and Fabinho.

The midfield of Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson is just missing... something. There's not much pace, there aren't many goals or assists.

I hate the guy but Bernardo Silva has everything that our midfield is lacking in.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #368 on: August 6, 2022, 03:11:53 pm »
Maybe not play one with a combined aged of 91.

What a strange comment.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: August 6, 2022, 03:12:01 pm »
This is me also, I'd love to give up football, but as someone wrote earlier it's really not that easy to bin something that's been a passion for 40 years (51 in my case).

It really isn't good for my mental health, which is also affecting my physical health.

Think sometimes stresses in other parts of your life will manifest itself when it comes to things like watching football. Really requires proper rationalizing when it comes to poor results that it really isn't the end of the world. It's true for other things in life too, always count my lucky stars whenever I start falling into that hole.

I mean, imagine if you were an Everton fan.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: August 6, 2022, 03:14:16 pm »
No the first goal. It was too far back they said.

That was just Bobby Madley being Bobby Madley. That was a poor non-call for sure. But I remember saying to myself at the time that Fulham deserved that goal, we were piss poor up to that point.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #371 on: August 6, 2022, 03:14:16 pm »
We were shite. We will get better quickly.

Move onto the next game.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 6, 2022, 03:15:13 pm »

Pointless talking about City at this stage. Just need to look at ourselves and address what Jurgen said about attitude and lack of hustle. Without it we’ll be in a top 4 fight.

No use moaning at the ref either. The penalty was soft but giveable as soon as Virg sticks his leg out. It was a poor decision on his part along with Trent not challenging Mitrovic for the first goal and Allison inexplicably getting beat by a header straight at him. The passing was dreadful for most of the game and really disappointing at 2-2 when we should have caged them in and suffocated them. Instead we were humping long balls from the back and losing possession without a fight.

We all know we’re better than that but it doesn’t matter unless we put a proper shift in and execute the game plan properly. We’ve got 9 days to the Palace game to sort it out.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: August 6, 2022, 03:15:21 pm »

I'm not sure about that, I just think Fulham started really well and got in our faces and didn't give us the time or the space to do anything with the ball. I don't think we reacted that well to their start and perhaps we panicked and rushed as we got hold of the ball. But we were out of shape, that much I agree with. But I think an awful lot of credit needs to go to the opposition today who came in fresh and noticeably with a crowd very close to the pitch. That can also have an affect as we know too well.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: August 6, 2022, 03:15:32 pm »

Play a lot better.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: August 6, 2022, 03:16:39 pm »

Why? It was totally the wrong approach to pick Thiago and Henderson against a newly promoted team who were going to be flying. Klopp has said we played like we expected to be dominant. But i think he picked a midfield expecting to be dominant and control the game. Not get harassed and bullied.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: August 6, 2022, 03:17:32 pm »
That was just Bobby Madley being Bobby Madley. That was a poor non-call for sure. But I remember saying to myself at the time that Fulham deserved that goal, we were piss poor up to that point.

Can't disagree that we were poor today, a draw was probably about right. Just annoying the next game's on Monday week.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: August 6, 2022, 03:19:16 pm »
Can't disagree that we were poor today, a draw was probably about right. Just annoying the next game's on Monday week.

I think that is a good thing more training more opportunity to get our sharpness back and be ready for the game on Monday.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: August 6, 2022, 03:19:55 pm »

Is it that strange ?  Fabinho is a must, he's 28.  Thiago can't be relied upon, fantastic player but something of a luxury, Henderson hasn't got the legs for box to box but is a more than able no 6.  I think Elliott needs to start games, he has the pace, the movement and he's a tough little git.  You can't count of Keita, Ox and Jones is starting to head that way.  We desperately need new blood there, the risk is signing a player now or waiting for somebody like Bellingham.

That said Millie was fucking ace when he came on and he's about 60.

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #379 on: August 6, 2022, 03:23:20 pm »
Not the start we’d have hoped for or expected I think it’s fair to say. Still, it’s the first game of a long season, Jurgen and team have work to do before Palace!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: August 6, 2022, 03:23:43 pm »
Is it that strange ?  Fabinho is a must, he's 28.  Thiago can't be relied upon, fantastic player but something of a luxury, Henderson hasn't got the legs for box to box but is a more than able no 6.  I think Elliott needs to start games, he has the pace, the movement and he's a tough little git.  You can't count of Keita, Ox and Jones is starting to head that way.  We desperately need new blood there, the risk is signing a player now or waiting for somebody like Bellingham.

That said Millie was fucking ace when he came on and he's about 60.

I thought Fab was the worst today, he rarely got near a ball, especially the first half when Fulham were winning most of the second balls. I do think Elliot will come into it a lot more, but it didn't surprise me we started with the midfield we did. I am presuming it would have gone on data from the training as well. It was the decision to start with Bobby that I wondered about more than anything.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: August 6, 2022, 03:25:42 pm »
There was the same discussion after the Brentford game last season. The fact is if we give City too much of lead then we put too much pressure on ourselves to chase, which have yet to do successfully.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: August 6, 2022, 03:26:01 pm »
I think that is a good thing more training more opportunity to get our sharpness back and be ready for the game on Monday.

I've heard we are having another friendly between now and Palace to get complete sharpness

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #383 on: August 6, 2022, 03:26:21 pm »
Yeah like legitimately I am not saying this as a knock on anyone, I am serious football shouldn't make you feel like that. There is passion I know, I feel that, but to a point it's honestly not worth it. If it makes you so angry you shake, or makes you feel sick, or depressed, try to focus on something else for a while
That's sound advice, and it comes with age in most cases.

The more time passes by, the more years, you see more of the world with all it's joys and horrors, and frankly yes, the more this game turns into a business -whereby a draw is considered a backwards step, since you're up against a state sponsored Star Trek Borg like squad made of billions that rarely blink- then yes, you do have to put the phone/tablet down or switch the telly off. Go outside for a walk, or take your kids out if you have any or see a friend for a cuppa and just ask 'how are you? what's happening in your life?' to get out of this.

I love this team. A trophy win really makes my day/month. But over the decades yeah you do (and should) tend to contextualize it for the millionaires wearing different coloured shirts kicking a leather ball about and whatever happens they'll do it all again next year as they have done years before.

The life you live can pass you by and that's a shame.

There's my bit of philosophy on a post match draw thread  ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: August 6, 2022, 03:26:23 pm »
There was the same discussion after the Brentford game last season. The fact is if we give City too much of lead then we put too much pressure on ourselves to chase, which have yet to do successfully.

Oh I'm sorry have City won already although I thought they were not kicking off until tomorrow?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: August 6, 2022, 03:26:50 pm »
I've heard we are having another friendly between now and Palace to get complete sharpness

Aye, against Villa.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: August 6, 2022, 03:26:59 pm »

Yes, let's pray for no more injuries.  :o

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: August 6, 2022, 03:27:18 pm »
Oh I'm sorry have City won already although I thought they were not kicking off until tomorrow?

They are clocking 90 plus points. So are we. But these margins count and we have seen it many times.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #388 on: August 6, 2022, 03:27:41 pm »
Milner was great as said.

It is truly crap that plenty of people feel this angry about a draw on the opening day and frankly it’s good old City to blame for that again for distorting things. I still have that thing where if we’re the ones to equalise I feel a lot better about a draw then if we conceded late on. But I accept it’s 2 points dropped when you’d expect to win that game.

I don’t like slagging off of players though or questioning attitudes. Playing badly so rarely happens with us, so it does seem strange to watch it but they can’t be amazing all the time. And still a fair few positives to pluck from that. Chins up.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: August 6, 2022, 03:28:15 pm »
They are clocking 90 plus points. So are we. But these margins count and we have seen it many times.

That remains to be seen.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: August 6, 2022, 03:28:34 pm »

I think City will drop points against West Ham.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: August 6, 2022, 03:29:53 pm »

Not sure the players can be blamed for this game. We got it wrong with our starting lineup

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: August 6, 2022, 03:30:03 pm »
It's just struck me that I didn't come into this game with a sense of excitement for a new season.

I came into this game with a sense of fear and trepidation.

I also fully expected a comfortable win, at least 3 - 0, looks like the players had the same attitude.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: August 6, 2022, 03:30:57 pm »
Not sure the players can be blamed for this game. We got it wrong with our starting lineup

Players were dire.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #394 on: August 6, 2022, 03:31:55 pm »

The players 100% can be blamed, they were way too casual.  There was a distinct lack of intensity.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: August 6, 2022, 03:33:13 pm »

Absolutely he is right to. Maybe the Community shield win got certain players heads

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: August 6, 2022, 03:34:51 pm »
The players 100% can be blamed, they were way too casual.  There was a distinct lack of intensity.

A lot of credit for that has to go to Fulham though, as they were really on it from the start. I don't think it can just be laid just at the players door, I think more concerning was how long it took us to get any control on the game today. We just couldn't get our feet on any second balls, I though Fab was especially slow to the ball today.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: August 6, 2022, 03:35:43 pm »
Henderson in the 8, I mean seriously he isnt good enough in that position.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: August 6, 2022, 03:36:08 pm »

Thats why she said if.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #399 on: August 6, 2022, 03:36:30 pm »
Milner was great as said.

It is truly crap that plenty of people feel this angry about a draw on the opening day and frankly it’s good old City to blame for that again for distorting things. I still have that thing where if we’re the ones to equalise I feel a lot better about a draw then if we conceded late on. But I accept it’s 2 points dropped when you’d expect to win that game.

I don’t like slagging off of players though or questioning attitudes. Playing badly so rarely happens with us, so it does seem strange to watch it but they can’t be amazing all the time. And still a fair few positives to pluck from that. Chins up.

This is the problem with the premier league now. There is no margin for error its just relentless, but other fans won't have it.

I do wonder if this year it might be a little more forgiving given the Qatar bungfest going on in the middle of the season.