Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2748019 times)

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
Re: The NFL Thread...
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2005, 01:31:59 am »
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2005, 01:37:43 am »
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

ahh yes, an ingenious chant isnt it?

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2005, 01:41:52 am »
ahh yes, an ingenious chant isnt it?

Its up there with LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2005, 01:50:23 am »
It's a beautiful site to see Lambeau looking so pretty...

ahhh, glad to see you're back where you left off ahman, you fumbling bastard

take it you've given up on farve winnin another ring already! ((yes i know i said farve!))
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2005, 02:01:25 am »
its in the bag buddy, have you been watching tonite, the man is putting on a clinic!  He'll have all the records by the time he retires... and a ring muahahahahah

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2005, 02:05:22 am »
GO TO HELL, STATE!!
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2005, 03:38:06 am »
Actually they might be a team to be reckoned with unfortunately. You've no idea how much I despise that owner.

I'm a NY Giants fan, and everybody in the NFC East is pegging Washington to be one of the worst teams in the league.  Unfortunate, because the Giants-Skins rivalry is AMAZING when both teams are good.
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2005, 03:44:12 am »
Yea, those bastards, Dallas is definitely Americas team... gotta say, I'm only a young'n but the old footage of Staubach, he was awesome...

Not better than Starr though.... ;D

Dallas WAS America's team...they've got more bandwagon fans than any team in SPORTS.  They're only "America's team" when they're good.

Despite me being a Giants fan, I get very disappointed with the home support in Giants Stadium.  They ALWAYS sell out, but don't make enough noise.  I'd say Green Bay has the best home support...the town is all there to watch the Packers. 

Giants Stadium is very rough though for opponents in the playoffs; we do get wild and create a massive home field advantage for Big Blue in the playoffs.  We've got an excellent record there when we get to the postseason (7-2 lifetime, and 2-0 in conference championship games without allowing the opponents to even score).

Our only two losses in postseason action were 19-13 to the Los Angeles Rams in OT in 1989 and 23-22 to the Minnesota Vikings in 1997 on a last second field goal...two plays away from perfection at home in the postseason isn't bad...here is our playoff record at home since we moved to New Jersey.

1985 (Wild Card): NY Giants 17, San Francisco 3 (vs. Montana, Rice, Ronnie Lott and company)

1986 (Divisional Round): NY Giants 49, San Francisco 3 (again vs. Montana, Rice and company; worst beating the 49ers EVER took; if Bill Parcells didn't call off the dogs we would have put 70 on them.  The 1986 team was our greatest with LT at the peak of his powers)

1986 (NFC Championship): NY Giants 17, Washington 0 (the Redskins never came CLOSE to scoring; game was played in winds of up to 50 mph; Giants went on to win the Super Bowl)

1989 (Divisional Round): LA Rams 19, NY Giants 13 (OT) (most disappointing loss we've ever had at Giants Stadium; lost to a far inferior Rams team...we were the only ones who could have knocked off the Niners that year)

1990 (Divisional Round): NY Giants 31, Chicago 3 (This was the last season the Bears were really any good; went on to win the Super Bowl)

1993 (Wild Card): NY Giants 17, Minnesota 10 (Last game for Phil Simms and the legendary Lawrence Taylor at home; 49ers get revenge for the 49-3 beating in 1986 by beating us 44-3 in San Francisco the next week)

1997 (Wild Card): Minnesota 23, NY GIants 22 (We were up 9 with less than 2 minutes left and blew the game)

2000 (Divisional Round): NY Giants 20, Philadelphia 10 (Returned the opening kickoff for a TD; Jason Sehorn's miraculous interception and return for a TD sealed the game)

2000 (NFC Championship): NY Giants 41, Minnesota 0 (We were up 14-0 before their offense touched the ball, about 1:15 into the game; but we went on to lose the Super Bowl in a blowout)

I think the Giants are good enough for 9-7 and maybe a wild card with Eli Manning in his second year.  I've said that Eli is going to be the only Manning to win a Super Bowl, and hopefully I'm correct.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 04:06:37 am by NY-AmericanRed »
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2005, 02:55:16 am »
Sorry to interrupt, But it's all been happening here lately:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.091766,-71.265768&spn=0.030375,0.060176&t=h&hl=en

;D :wave

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2005, 04:26:41 am »
Favre was lights out last night, the old man still has it!  9/10 100yds and a TD...

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2005, 08:19:12 am »
Favre was lights out last night, the old man still has it!  9/10 100yds and a TD...

hope the old man doesnt run outta steam by october though!!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2005, 02:00:45 pm »
well ghazi, so much for your bears, Rex has broken his ankle, mr sicknote himself...

Feel bad for him, unlucky start for his career, two major injuries the past 2 years....

Looks likke another dismal offensive display for da Bears this year...

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2005, 04:06:44 pm »
It's hard to believe but Chicago has been weak at quarterback for nearly 20 years IMO. Shame this kid got hurt but he was never going to be the savior of the franchise.

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2005, 08:34:54 pm »
Kaeding  >:(
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2005, 07:02:46 am »
Report: Favre has chronic hip condition

August 17, 2005
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Brett Favre has a chronic hip condition that almost prevented him from being traded to the Green Bay Packers 13 years ago, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Wednesday.

Favre and former Packers general manager Ron Wolf said Tuesday at training camp that the three-time NFL MVP was diagnosed in 1992 with avascular necrosis, a condition that can lead to hip replacement surgery.

``It's a lack of blood supply to a socket,'' Favre told the newspaper. ``To this day, it bothers me from time to time, but before the draft I did MRIs for Atlanta, I did MRIs for Seattle, went through all kind of evaluations at the combine. A lot of teams were apprehensive because of that.''

Favre said he hurt his hip in the East-West Shrine game, and the condition is the same as the one that afflicted former football and baseball star Bo Jackson.

Favre was drafted by Atlanta and spent his first season as a backup there before Wolf engineered the trade on Feb. 10, 1992, that brought him to Green Bay in exchange for a first-round draft pick.

Favre said that when he arrived in Green Bay, the Packers examined him and predicted he would suffer from avascular necrosis and would soon feel effects of it. According to Favre, he failed the physical, but Wolf told the medical staff to pass him.

``The prognosis on avascular necrosis is at some point you're going to have to have a replacement or it's going to have to be treated,'' Favre said. ``I don't have as much flexibility in that socket, but you're kind of rolling the dice. They said I wouldn't play three or four years. Obviously they were wrong and Ron was willing to take that risk.''

After practice Tuesday, Wolf said that the team doctor at the time, Clarence Novotny, recommended flunking Favre on his physical. But he said Novotny was not an orthopedist, so he had surgeon Patrick McKenzie, now the team doctor, examine Favre. Wolf said McKenzie told him that in four or five years Favre could have some problems with his hip, but there was no danger of it deteriorating immediately.

``This is the guy I wanted,'' Wolf said. ``They said four or five years, I didn't care. It turned out there wasn't anything wrong with him.''

gotta give it the guy he's a tough cookie! have always likd him and the pak, just dont tell ny that :P

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2005, 07:04:51 am »
Fantasy Yahoo NFL League also now available for anyone interested!

Your new League ID# is 199932.
Password is: kop

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2005, 09:49:21 am »
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2005, 10:07:17 am »
Niners Lineman Thomas Herrion Dies

By EDDIE PELLS, AP Sports Writer

Sunday, August 21, 2005

(08-21) 00:32 PDT DENVER (AP) --

An offensive lineman for the San Francisco 49ers collapsed in the locker room and died Sunday morning, shortly after the team played the Denver Broncos in a preseason game.

Players had finished listening to coach Mike Nolan address them in a post-game meeting when Thomas Herrion, a 6-foot-3, 310-pound first-year player, collapsed. Medics administered CPR on him and took him to an ambulance that rushed him to a nearby hospital.

About three hours later, 49ers spokesman Aaron Salkin confirmed that Herrion had died. The cause of death was not immediately known.

"This is a colossal tragedy for the 49ers and the entire NFL community," Salkin said. "We still do not know all the details. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Herrion family."

The death comes a little more than four years after offensive lineman Korey Stringer of the Minnesota Vikings died of heatstroke during a training camp practice on a day during which the heat index soared to 110.

Since Stringer's death, NFL teams have increased their efforts to teach players about hydration and how to manage the heat, experimenting with sensors to measure players' core body temperatures.

On Saturday night in Denver, temperatures were in the mid-60s with 50 percent humidity, although experts say heatstroke can occur even in cool conditions.

After the game, Nolan said he had no comments about San Francisco's 26-21 loss to the Broncos.

"There are more important things on our mind than the game," he said. "Right now, our thoughts and prayers are with Thomas Herrion."

Stringer's death was thought to be the first of its kind in the NFL. In 1979, St. Louis Cardinals tight end J.V. Cain died of a heart attack during training camp. Chuck Hughes, a wide receiver for the Detroit Lions, died of a heart attack Oct. 24, 1972, during a game in Detroit against the Chicago Bears.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2005, 04:46:30 pm »
terrible when things like this happen in any sport, and seems to be occuring more often in recent years too.

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline John10

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2005, 08:49:09 am »
Wonder if this is similar to the MV Foe incident a few years ago?
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."
- Bill Shankly

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2005, 04:40:54 pm »
MORE NFL THAN EVER BEFORE ON SKY
Thursday 25th August 2005

More Press Info stories:

Sky Sports secures the America's Cup
The US Open you want to watch on Sky

NFL on Sky Sports
Sky Sports and the National Football League (NFL) have agreed a new two-year deal that will mean more games then ever being broadcast live each season.

The coverage begins with the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots hosting the Oakland Raiders in the NFL's curtain-raiser on the night of Thursday September 8.

Sky Sports will show two games live every Sunday evening, with additional Saturday games towards the end of the season. Every playoff game will be aired live, with Sky's eleventh season of live NFL coverage culminating in Super Bowl XL from Detroit on Sunday February 5.

Alistair Kirkwood, NFL Europe Vice-President of Strategic Planning, said: “Sky has been a fantastic partner for the NFL for the past decade and we are very excited about embarking on a new agreement with them. Their double-headers on a Sunday evening have become a highlight of the week for many viewers and they apply the same professionalism to their coverage of the NFL as they do to their coverage of all sports.”

Vic Wakeling, Managing Director of Sky Sports, added: "This deal will give viewers more games live over the next two years and extend a relationship we have enjoyed for a decade.  NFL is a fixture in our Sunday schedules and its popularity is no surprise considering the number of teams that have legitimate Super Bowl ambitions each season.”

Sky's Sunday evening schedule begins on September 11 with the Miami Dolphins hosting the Denver Broncos and the Arizona Cardinals' visit to the New York Giants.

Other games planned during the first five weeks of the season are:

Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts; Atlanta Falcons at Seattle Seahawks.
Week 3: Oakland Raiders at Philadelphia Eagles; New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers.
Week 4: Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals; New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens.
Week 5: New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons; Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys. (All broadcasts are subject to change).

Sky Sports' enhanced coverage of the NFL will once again feature various options for Sky digital viewers during live games, including match highlights, statistical summaries, live scores from around the NFL, plus a beginner’s guide  - all accessible via the red button.

as a wise man once told me.......happy days ;D
even get to see the dolpins (lose)  this year!!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline ianation

• Anny Roader
  • PSN: ianation
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2005, 05:14:35 am »
TEXANS for the Bowl this year! ;)   

(I wish!)   Patriots I recon... again...
PSN: ianation

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2005, 04:08:37 am »
my boy favre can't catch a break...his mom barely made it through the hurricane, had to stay in the attic monday night because of flooding, house is destroyed...  His home is in Kiln, Mississippi...

Favre finally hears from mother, brothers in Miss.
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Mississippi family home of Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre was flooded by Hurricane Katrina within a matter of minutes and his mother and grandfather rode out the storm in the attic, the team said Tuesday.

Favre spent most of the last two days nervously waiting to hear from family members in his hometown of Kiln, Miss., in the heart of the Gulf Coast area devastated by Hurricane Katrina.

The Packers said Favre finally spoke to his mother, Bonita, late Tuesday afternoon when she was able to reach him with the help of a Houston television station in the area covering hurricane damage.

According to the team, Favre said his mother reported spending Monday night in the family attic, along with his grandmother, after the house filled up with water within a matter of 5-10 minutes, much like a tsunami.

On Tuesday, the water receded enough that she was able to leave the family home and go to his brother Jeff's nearby house, which is slightly higher and away from the water.

Bonita Favre told Brett that Hurricane Camille, which the family experienced in 1969, didn't compare to this one and the damage it has caused.

She indicated the family home is destroyed and probably will have to be bulldozed, but the good news is that everyone in the family appears to be fine.

Bonita, Jeff and another brother, Scott, decided against evacuating and instead gathered at Favre's childhood home in Hancock County, one of the areas hit hardest by the hurricane. Favre said his grandmother, aunt and other family members also were there.

Favre said earlier Tuesday that he spoke to his wife, Deanna, Monday night and again Tuesday morning. He said she and their two children, 16-year-old Brittany and 6-year-old Breleigh, are safe at Favre's home in Hattiesburg, 60 miles north of Kiln, although their property had extensive damage.

Favre's mother was seven months pregnant with him when Hurricane Camille, which killed 256 people in Louisiana and Mississippi in 1969, struck the area.

"I've seen pictures," Favre said. "The damage was unbelievable."

Favre said the fact his family waited out Camille likely factored into their decision not to evacuate this time. Favre said 50 or so family members and friends drove north to his Hattiesburg home, but his mother and brothers declined.

Kiln "is far enough inland that [you would think] there's no way a tidal surge would ever come that far," Favre said.

Favre admitted he was "kind of going through the motions" in practice Tuesday while waiting to hear from family members and said he plans to go home to Mississippi following Thursday night's preseason finale at Tennessee.

He said he could get permission from coach Mike Sherman to skip the game altogether and fly there immediately, but his wife told him there's no point because the area is unreachable.

The hurricane is the latest in a string of personal tragedies and misfortunes that have hit Favre over the past 20 months.

In December 2003, his father Irvin died of a heart attack. Last October, his brother-in-law was killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident on Favre's property. And a few days after her brother's death, Deanna was diagnosed with breast cancer.

"I've found myself over the last 24 hours a couple times saying, 'Why me?' Or, 'Why of all places ..."' Favre admitted. "As quickly as that thought pops in my head -- and it probably pops in my head more than I'd like it to -- I try to remind myself of the things to be thankful for, which there are a lot."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 04:12:11 am by nyujvary »

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2005, 09:43:16 am »
Hey. Lay off the Dallas Cowboys bashing ;D

America's greatest! There are the Dallas Cowboys.......and there are others who wish they were the Dallas Cowboys. Like Liverpool, they will ALWAYS be the greatest.

Cowboys rule.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 1, 2005, 04:00:17 am »
my boy favre can't catch a break...his mom barely made it through the hurricane, had to stay in the attic monday night because of flooding, house is destroyed...  His home is in Kiln, Mississippi...

oh now i'm backing them to at least win nfc..."despite all the adversity farve managed to keep his team in the right form etc etc!!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #105 on: September 1, 2005, 04:27:43 am »
Going to the Charger game tomorrow, time to get pumped..click the link and join along (Armin this is mandatory for you).

http://crancho.com/chargers/?autoplay=1

*on a side note, this is by far the greatest sports song ever written. Did the Anfield Rap have a horn section and echo-laden guitar sweeps? I think not.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 04:31:45 am by Kinch »
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 1, 2005, 04:58:00 am »
Going to the Charger game tomorrow, time to get pumped..click the link and join along (Armin this is mandatory for you).

http://crancho.com/chargers/?autoplay=1

*on a side note, this is by far the greatest sports song ever written. Did the Anfield Rap have a horn section and echo-laden guitar sweeps? I think not.

was at the giants/jets game last week. was pretty entertaining mainly due to the awful mitakes being made on both teams, jet two touchdowns were unforced fumble recoverys in endzone, and they barely got a fist own second half! hasselback did ok for giants but they never got close, feagles made a couple of 50+ fgs in his 5fgs that won them the game.

sadly i wont be here for regular season, so sky sports will have to do the job for me!

enjoy the game!(pity no gates, but brees should be interesting this year)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 05:00:40 am by bryanodowd »

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 1, 2005, 05:06:22 am »
was at the giants/jets game last week. was pretty entertaining mainly due to the awful mitakes being made on both teams, jet two touchdowns were unforced fumble recoverys in endzone, and they barely got a fist own second half! hasselback did ok for giants but they never got close, feagles made a couple of 50+ fgs in his 5fgs that won them the game.

sadly i wont be here for regular season, so sky sports will have to do the job for me!

enjoy the game!(pity no gates, but brees should be interesting this year)

You would have seen the Jets Aussie punter, Ben Graham: apparently two fumbles came of his 'hard to catch' punts. Ben Graham's story is a Cinderalla one.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 1, 2005, 05:26:07 am »
You would have seen the Jets Aussie punter, Ben Graham: apparently two fumbles came of his 'hard to catch' punts. Ben Graham's story is a Cinderalla one.

i did indeed see them, the giants even put on new returner after the second one, it sould've been called fair catch but he got drilled instead. was pretty funny!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 1, 2005, 05:41:53 am »
I can't believe you can get a million bucks a year just for kicking a football about the place.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 1, 2005, 02:24:37 pm »
I can't believe you can get a million bucks a year just for kicking a football about the place.

???

can think of few who get a lot more than a million for kicking a little ball around!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 1, 2005, 02:26:45 pm »
???

can think of few who get a lot more than a million for kicking a little ball around!

Yeah, but they're lucky to kick the ball 30 or 40 times in a season! I'm not complaining, like: if the NFL clubs are willing to hand over the cash to us big-kicking Aussies, I think that's great. (not that I can kick all that far, I'd be lucky to get it 30 yards, and even then I'd need the wind behind)

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 4, 2005, 03:10:02 pm »
Any news on when the RAWK fantasy NFL draft is ?

weve got 4 teams now so the draft and league can happen now.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 4, 2005, 03:48:34 pm »
Any news on when the RAWK fantasy NFL draft is ?

weve got 4 teams now so the draft and league can happen now.

well was hoping for perhaps couple more teams...but know just gonna make squads bit bigger to make it interesting! but i'll set it up now.

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 4, 2005, 04:23:55 pm »
well was hoping for perhaps couple more teams...but know just gonna make squads bit bigger to make it interesting! but i'll set it up now.

Cool well the first week is this week so we will need to draft tonight. Anyway of contacting the others?

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 4, 2005, 05:26:09 pm »

Gotta do a live draft man thats where all the fun is.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 4, 2005, 07:57:54 pm »
Gotta do a live draft man thats where all the fun is.

yeah but the chances of the others being on by chance tonight are slim, plus i arrived back from states today after very long delays, baggage fuck-ups, and serious lack of sleep and i have to get up tomorrow morning so aint staying up waiting!

could try for tomorrow but dunno if others will look beofre then

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 4, 2005, 08:13:16 pm »
Cool, well I can make it tommorow anytime after 6 . Basically just try and set a suitable time and whoever doesnt make it it will auto draft for them. I was auto drafted in one of our leagues and I got a suprisingly good team.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 4, 2005, 08:37:27 pm »
some people are never happy :P

all set for tuesday at 7, hope your not the only one there now!!

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 4, 2005, 08:38:53 pm »
some people are never happy :P

all set for tuesday at 7, hope your not the only one there now!!

Cool I'll be there.