Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069474 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #8240 on: January 30, 2023, 04:30:56 pm »
Gini's career since then is non existent since then. Has become injury prone and got booted out of PSG.  We used up everything good he had. :D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8241 on: January 30, 2023, 04:31:53 pm »
The year is 2061, and Fromola still mentions the failure to replace Wijnaldum in every other post.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8242 on: January 30, 2023, 04:33:27 pm »
Pretty sure the way it goes with FSG currently is:

"Well, Jurgen - we got you Wijnaldum, Ox, Keita, Fabinho, and Thiago - to add to Milner and Henderson. That's a lot of midfielders and it's really not our problem that they are injury prone or have fallen apart. No more midfielders until there is a clear-out."

Or something odd like that.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8243 on: January 30, 2023, 04:41:49 pm »
Igoring the players U21

Alisson
Trent
VVD
Robertson
Konate
Thiago
Nunez
Diaz
Jota

Would you be arsed if anyone outside this list wanted to leave now?

I thought last summer we were a good midfield signing away from at least going to the wire again with the league. As the season has panned out I think we were a good midfield signing away from finishing top 4. It's a bit like the CB in 20/21 thing though, that one inaction can affect everything else.

Now though - because of the club's refusal to address the midfield this season - we're now at the point where we need a big refresh to freshen things up again in the summer. 8 or 9 out and 4 or 5 first team ready players in (which it will take new owners/investment to fund). A few senior players to leave replaced by early-mid 20s players.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8244 on: January 30, 2023, 04:44:16 pm »
Yep thats exactly what I would do, like i would give a fuck.

Right answer
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #8245 on: January 30, 2023, 04:44:34 pm »
Gini's career since then is non existent since then. Has become injury prone and got booted out of PSG.  We used up everything good he had. :D

It made sense to release him and not give him the deal he wanted. Point being, the idea of not renewing player's contracts = new signing is not how we operate. Not on a predominantly sell-to-buy transfer policy. Therefore if it's Milner for another year or a player less you'd pick Milner. This is an example of Klopp operating with a hand tied behind his back. it's easier for Guardiola to release Aguero or David Silva on a free at 32-33 as their legs go and then spend 100 million on a replacement.

Wev'e let several senior players go without replacing them that year. Whether it be Sturridge, Lovren, Lallana, Moreno or Wijnaldum.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 04:50:13 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8246 on: January 30, 2023, 04:54:22 pm »
Ah remember the good old days before the window opened where we thought we might actually buy Enzo Fernandez  ;D

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8247 on: January 30, 2023, 04:58:28 pm »
Ah remember the good old days before the window opened where we thought we might actually buy Enzo Fernandez  ;D

;D Good times. Was an absolute dream to be linked with a central midfielder, great days!

Let's hope he wasn't a Bellingham back up plan.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8248 on: January 30, 2023, 05:04:00 pm »
;D Good times. Was an absolute dream to be linked with a central midfielder, great days!

Let's hope he wasn't a Bellingham back up plan.

If Benfica do accept the €120 million in 6 installments proposal by Chelsea, I suspect that we will be informed about it and allowed to match it. Then we will know if our interest in Fernandez was genuine ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8249 on: January 30, 2023, 05:04:46 pm »
The club have not even signed a kid before the deadline.  ;D

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #8250 on: January 30, 2023, 05:06:42 pm »
Can Todd not lend FSG some money the greedy c*nt?  We just had to get the broke American owners while Arsenal and Chelsea spend freely.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8251 on: January 30, 2023, 05:09:01 pm »
If Benfica do accept the €120 million in 6 installments proposal by Chelsea, I suspect that we will be informed about it and allowed to match it. Then we will know if our interest in Fernandez was genuine ...

If that’s the proposal, why aren’t we all over it?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8252 on: January 30, 2023, 05:09:03 pm »
The club have not even signed a kid before the deadline.  ;D

Apart from the 3rd biggest transfer in the World in this transfer window, of course ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8253 on: January 30, 2023, 05:10:17 pm »
If that’s the proposal, why aren’t we all over it?

Probably because Benfica still haven't accepted it. They still want the full €120 million upfront ...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8254 on: January 30, 2023, 05:12:51 pm »
Apart from the 3rd biggest transfer in the World in this transfer window, of course ...

I know but signing a kid, any kid is our m.o.  :D

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8255 on: January 30, 2023, 05:19:30 pm »
Probably because Benfica still haven't accepted it. They still want the full €120 million upfront ...

Seems too advanced with Chelsea to be honest. Maybe a few years back we’d have gotten involved. Zero chance now.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8256 on: January 30, 2023, 05:26:58 pm »
Seems too advanced with Chelsea to be honest. Maybe a few years back we’d have gotten involved. Zero chance now.

Crazy crazy money, he moved for £10mil in the summer.

Where has all Chelsea's money come from? They were losing millions per week under the Russian.

Their new owners are worth £10bil, have spent £650mil on players and £3.5bil on the club.. Seems something doesn't add up.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #8257 on: January 30, 2023, 05:27:27 pm »
Can Todd not lend FSG some money the greedy c*nt?  We just had to get the broke American owners while Arsenal and Chelsea spend freely.

They’re not broke. They’re just a bunch of tight fisted c*nts  :wanker

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8258 on: January 30, 2023, 05:29:05 pm »

Where has all Chelsea's money come from? They were losing millions per week under the Russian.

Their new owners are worth £10bil, have spent £650mil on players and £3.5bil on the club.. Seems something doesn't add up.
There will be some fire sale in the summer from Chelsea
They must have over 40 first team players

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8259 on: January 30, 2023, 05:29:21 pm »

I think they’re just accepting the fact they will be hit by FFP. Willing to take the hit on a transfer embargo or something?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8260 on: January 30, 2023, 05:30:55 pm »
I remember that amazing week in December when we believed we would get Bellingham and Fernandez.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8261 on: January 30, 2023, 05:31:54 pm »
I think they’re just accepting the fact they will be hit by FFP. Willing to take the hit on a transfer embargo or something?

But how are they affording to spend so much, aren't they committed to the new stadium as well? Guy must have a few black Amex..

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #8262 on: January 30, 2023, 05:32:11 pm »
I remember that amazing week in December when we believed we would get Bellingham and Fernandez.

I can't believe we fell for that
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #8263 on: January 30, 2023, 05:32:27 pm »

Some talks that the Saudis are involved as one of the backers which would make sense

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8264 on: January 30, 2023, 05:33:01 pm »
What a week that was.

Now we haven't got a penny to spend until the summer apparently.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8265 on: January 30, 2023, 05:47:28 pm »

Well, we did get involved last January, when Tottenham agreed a fee with Porto for Diaz ...

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8266 on: January 30, 2023, 05:53:05 pm »
Well, we did get involved last January, when Tottenham agreed a fee with Porto for Diaz ...

I'm beginning to think that you're this fella  :wave

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8267 on: January 30, 2023, 05:54:51 pm »

Halcyon days. No Liverpool games to slog through either, which meant no depressing HT or FT threads. What a time.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8268 on: January 30, 2023, 05:59:24 pm »
Halcyon days. No Liverpool games to slog through either, which meant no depressing HT or FT threads. What a time.

Haha.

What makes it worse this month is that we seem to be playing the same teams over and over again.  Our next league game is against Wolves.  That's the 3rd game against them since the New Year.  Already played Brighton twice.  And the West London version of them in Brentford.

United/Everton at Anfield, and we'll be up for it, and you can throw the form book out.  But we keep playing what seems to be same teams over and over.  Even more of a slog.
King Kenny.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8269 on: January 30, 2023, 06:00:26 pm »
I'm beginning to think that you're this fella  :wave

He can only wish ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8270 on: January 30, 2023, 06:01:08 pm »

Close to being agreed apparently.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8271 on: January 30, 2023, 06:02:59 pm »
Would be gross mis-management if true … we’re paying Melo and Adrian to name 2 … no one competent would let the tail wag the dog in that way

I get that Klopp says a lot of things but if we don't take him at face value when he says repeatedly we then couldn't register someone if we signed someone then what else is there to go on? There's no history of him doing this either as far as I'm aware. Gakpo took up the one squad spot. That was it.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8272 on: January 30, 2023, 06:05:12 pm »
We released Wijnaldum 2 years ago, an ever present in his last season, and still haven't replaced him.

Uhh yes we did. Thiago was signed to play the LCM role for starters and then Elliott took his squad spot.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8273 on: January 30, 2023, 06:09:00 pm »
I get that Klopp says a lot of things but if we don't take him at face value when he says repeatedly we then couldn't register someone if we signed someone then what else is there to go on? There's no history of him doing this either as far as I'm aware. Gakpo took up the one squad spot. That was it.

Shades of other managers press conferences when they don't want to directly call out owners for not spending and it does seem like he's not allowed to say what he really thinks but there's no way to really prove that.

Truth be told I don't think given funds and the choice the current midfield is what Klopp would pick for our team

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8274 on: January 30, 2023, 06:10:31 pm »
Close to being agreed apparently.

The reports suggest that Benfica demand €130 million, if it is to be paid in installments ...

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8275 on: January 30, 2023, 06:10:47 pm »
Chelsea's wages will now be over 100% of revenue too. Especially if they miss out on top 4.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #8276 on: January 30, 2023, 06:16:32 pm »
Really feels like we are only getting Nunes and Bellingham this summer. Such an unimaginative way to spend £160m+.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8277 on: January 30, 2023, 06:18:51 pm »
Really feels like we are only getting Nunes and Bellingham this summer. Such an unimaginative way to spend £160m+.

Nunes maybe, Bellingham is up in the air.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8278 on: January 30, 2023, 06:19:15 pm »
Uhh actually ( ;) ) there is history of doing exactly this, including literally 12 months ago. Karius was taken out of the league squad to be replaced by Diaz.

He's also tweaked champions league squads midseason (and would assume will do the same in the coming weeks to include Keita in the squad for the Madrid games)

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #8279 on: January 30, 2023, 06:19:33 pm »
Nunes maybe, Bellingham is up in the air.
A+ squad planning.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.