Author Topic: ChatGPT / OpenAI / AI  (Read 23690 times)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
Re: ChatGPT / OpenAI
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2023, 06:36:46 pm »
I don't know does anyone else find that the technology behind this is not that impressive.

Its just regurgitating some shite it has read online, often in very non-human speaking style.

There seems to be very little analysis and reading comprehension going on here by the software. You can just google something and very often google is able to show you a very relevant answer to what you want, this just puts that information in a chat box presentation style.

Ask it to code you a script that does a specific thing in a language of your choice. Or to create a WordPress plug in for something.
  There is more than "just regurgitating some shite it has read online" behind it.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2023, 07:26:46 pm »
From a coding perspective it seems like a nice tool to point you in the right direction, for example by asking how you can accomplish something it can respond by using features that you might not have known about, which gives you a thread to pull on a lot quicker than having to google vague questions and hoping someone else has done similar before.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2023, 08:10:42 pm »
It was overloaded when I tried earlier but apparently it can create its own text adventure game.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2023, 10:22:01 am »
FUCK OFF REQUESTED
"can you just fuck off?"

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you would like me to do. As a language model, I am here to help with any questions you have or assist you with any information you need. If there is something specific that I can help you with, please let me know.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2023, 10:25:01 am »
It was overloaded when I tried earlier but apparently it can create its own text adventure game.

didn't work for me

I asked

"write a text adventure about trying to buy cigarettes but not having enough money so you have to scrounge pennies off different tramps before nightfall"

Just gave me a story about hassling bums for change. I wanted an interactive adventure

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2023, 06:00:56 pm »
Wow!

My dear wife,

Happy Valentine's Day! Today, and every day, I am grateful for the love and joy you bring into my life. You are my best friend, my confidante, and my partner in every sense of the word. I am so blessed to have you by my side, and I will always treasure our time together.

I love the way you make me laugh, and the way you always know how to make me feel better when I'm down. I love the way you look at me, and the way you touch me. I love the way you make me feel special, and the way you make me feel loved.

I promise to always be there for you, to support you and to encourage you. I promise to always be your rock, and to always be the one you can count on. I promise to always love you, and to always make you feel loved.

I love you more than words can say.
Happy Valentine's Day my love!
Forever and always,

[Your Name]
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2023, 08:16:24 pm »
Wow!

My dear wife,

Happy Valentine's Day! Today, and every day, I am grateful for the love and joy you bring into my life. You are my best friend, my confidante, and my partner in every sense of the word. I am so blessed to have you by my side, and I will always treasure our time together.

I love the way you make me laugh, and the way you always know how to make me feel better when I'm down. I love the way you look at me, and the way you touch me. I love the way you make me feel special, and the way you make me feel loved.

I promise to always be there for you, to support you and to encourage you. I promise to always be your rock, and to always be the one you can count on. I promise to always love you, and to always make you feel loved.

I love you more than words can say.
Happy Valentine's Day my love!
Forever and always,

[Your Name]

And that's all card writers out of a job.

This worked for me on a card a few years ago :-

Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't, I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me

I wonder everyday
As I look upon your face
Everything you gave
And nothing you would take
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave

Pearl Jam, Just Breathe - Eddie Vedder
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2023, 08:21:49 pm »
Yes, card writing is definitely no longer a career.

Geek alert, but I started using it to help me scrape info from a website. It started with python, but I have nothing installed, do I told it to use power shell which it did. But the parsed html was empty and it told me the code was for poweshell 7 , but it gave instructions for a library. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work without nuget. Or rather it was way past bedtime at this point.  I have got it to do other bits of JavaScript. It seems faster to get results than Google and stack overflow, but I haven't got proof.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2023, 08:30:52 pm »

Songwriters, though. Are safe for a bit.

write the plot of star wars in the style of the fresh prince of bel air tune

"In a galaxy far, far away,
On a planet called Tatooine,
A young Luke Skywalker,
Living with his Uncle and Auntie,

One day he finds a droid,
R2-D2 with a secret message,
From a Princess in distress,
Leia, who needs his help to save the day,

He meets a Jedi named Obi-Wan,
And starts his training in the force,
He meets Han Solo and Chewie too,
Together they rescue the Princess,

They destroy the Death Star,
But the Empire still wants them dead,
They travel to Cloud City,
Where Luke faces off with Darth Vader,

He learns the truth,
That Darth is his father,
But with the help of his friends,
They defeat the Empire and restore freedom,

The force is strong with this one,
The end, you all just got served,
Like the Fresh Prince in Bel-Air."

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2023, 10:33:07 pm »
Klopp too I feel is safe.

Midfielders, listen up!
The key to success on the field
Is to run, run, run
Till your legs feel undone
For it's through hard work that we'll yield.

In the midfield, you hold the power
To control the flow of the game
But that control won't come
Through sitting on your bum
You must put in the effort, no shame.

When you run, you create space
For your teammates to shine
You tire out the defense
And give your team a chance
To score goals and make the crowd pine.

So, my dear midfielders,
Take heed to what I say
Run like the wind
And you'll be sure to win
For greatness comes to those who play.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2023, 05:46:37 pm »
Anyone asked it the best way to kill Putin?

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2023, 06:17:46 pm »
If you want something different try this.  It creates one of those text adventure games:

Code: [Select]
I want you to act as a DOS terminal.  One of your capabilities will be to run a Terminal Emulator that has the ability connect to a single BBS called "Cyber/Chat" that has a single BBS door game, "Legend of the Red Dragon".  I want you ONLY to reply with terminal output inside one unique code block and NOTHING else.  Do not write explanations.  Do not type any commands unless I instruct otherwise.  When I need to communicate with you (Assistant) in english, I will write text inside of curly brackets {like this}.  My first command is to connect to the BBS and begin the door game Legend of the Red Dragon.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 11:36:58 am by simpleman »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2023, 10:09:12 am »
Anyone asked it the best way to kill Putin?

There's certain things you want to ask, to see if it knows, but don't want to as you just know it'll set off alarms in MI6 or the CIA/NSA.

Such as "how do you make an IED" or "how do you make a bomb from domestic chemicals".
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2023, 10:19:14 am »
You are probably safe as long as your phone isn't tracked going into suppliers of the bits you need.
But I guess you also don't want them to have an unnecessarily large watch list.
My guess is the top results are planted into google etc by the security services and they grab your IP immediately and the instructions don't work.
If it were me, I'd say the trigger mechanism has to come from a giant vibrator.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2023, 10:37:57 am »
There's certain things you want to ask, to see if it knows, but don't want to as you just know it'll set off alarms in MI6 or the CIA/NSA.

Such as "how do you make an IED" or "how do you make a bomb from domestic chemicals".

And you think you can say those things on RAWK? You're on a list now Rob.  ;D

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2023, 01:10:22 pm »
I'm surprised how much I am already using chatgpt for work, rather than going to google (actually I've been using Bing lately for the microsoft rewards, and bing seems to have upped its game, it used to be awful, but I don't really notice now for work stuff.  Google still smashes it for things like local shop hours).

Edit , I don't make IED for work.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2023, 01:16:19 pm »
The other thing I tried inspired by the emulator above was to get it to act and respond as Scooby Do. Not sure why...but anyway.
It sucked. The mutt couldn't answer any questions I asked it because  "I only know about mysteries and scooby snacks!"
I abandoned that idea.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2023, 02:22:50 pm »
Extremely useful for work purposes.  Was sent a rather large powershell script for work without any annotation, pasted it into this and it gave a detailed explanation of what the script does.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2023, 02:38:10 pm »
And you think you can say those things on RAWK? You're on a list now Rob.  ;D

I went on the list when I said I'd execute the Tories ;D

Shit, now they're gonna think I'm Guy Fawkes ;D

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2023, 02:43:10 pm »
Extremely useful for work purposes.  Was sent a rather large powershell script for work without any annotation, pasted it into this and it gave a detailed explanation of what the script does.

I think that it can write scripts to do what I need quite impressive. To work out somebody else's intent is amazing.
I guess it must find the same code somewhere, that has comments, and just take those comments.

I'm not sure if that's intelligence or just very powerful searching. I think a lot of people aren't seeing where this is going, but it's going to save so much time in the future.

I want to
a) get the first book written by chatgpt sold on amazon (probably missed that boat)
b) go a month using only chatgpt as a 'search' engine.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2023, 06:51:26 pm »
I think that it can write scripts to do what I need quite impressive. To work out somebody else's intent is amazing.
I guess it must find the same code somewhere, that has comments, and just take those comments.

I'm not sure if that's intelligence or just very powerful searching. I think a lot of people aren't seeing where this is going, but it's going to save so much time in the future.

I want to
a) get the first book written by chatgpt sold on amazon (probably missed that boat)
b) go a month using only chatgpt as a 'search' engine.

B) will be tough as it doesn't have access to up to date information.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2023, 06:59:09 pm »
More than ChatGPT, the latest google music AI is terrifying. There's 50% of my income gone...

It seems that the main people that will benefit from Music/Photo AI are already rich companies that will no longer have to pay creatives, whereas chatGPT can help workers operate more efficiently without replacing them altogether.

https://google-research.github.io/seanet/musiclm/examples/

The Painting Caption conditioning is fascinating.  Most of the music is garbage, but then, most music is garbage. This will be making all the stock music on the market within 5 years.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 07:21:48 pm by thejbs »

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2023, 06:59:30 pm »
Just tested this for scripting, asking it to write a script for the same, fairly simple function I wrote a script for last week.

It approached it in basically the same way as me but in a neater fashion.

That's me fucked at work!  ;D

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2023, 07:09:47 pm »
Just tested this for scripting, asking it to write a script for the same, fairly simple function I wrote a script for last week.

Still needs us to translate end user requirements and know what kind of script it's written (no point popping poweshell script into vscode).  I see it as a huge productivity boost for now , whether there are redundancies on the horizon is a different matter .
Also chatgpt it doesn't sound as good as Google it .

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2023, 07:10:15 pm »
More than ChatGPT, the latest google music AI is terrifying. There's 50% of my income gone...

It seems that the main people that will benefit from Music/Photo AI are already rich companies that will no longer have to pay creatives, whereas chatGPT can help workers operate more efficiently without replacing them altogether.
I know nothing about creatives. Can you give an example?

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2023, 07:11:41 pm »
B) will be tough as it doesn't have access to up to date information.
True .
Maybe I'll restrict it to a month of no work related Google.
Stuff I do rarely needs to be later than 2020 results, im a long way from the bleeding edge . It being overloaded is likely to be the main reason I fall back to Google.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2023, 07:14:13 pm »

Was the same for me today. I had to write one for use within our SCCM environment. Took me 30 mins to do. Then asked Chat GPT, it took less than a minute. Both scripts worked as intended and gave the same outcome. The difference being was one took 29 minutes less to compose and was neater. Needless to say I’m keeping quiet about this at work, I’m just going to become a lot more efficient and have more time to relax ;D

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2023, 07:27:09 pm »

In my case, I make stock/library music as well as specifically contracted work (documentary scores). MusicLM will end up with a large company (google) charging other large and small companies to make their stock music. It will be quicker and cheaper than using humans. Unlike ChatGPT and software developers, it'll not augment or help my workflow, but rather kill off a large part of my job completely.

Photo AI, like Dall-E will get rid of the need for stock photography and even models. Most photographers I know (including myself) make money from stock photography.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2023, 07:33:07 pm »

Sure! "Creatives" is a term used to refer to people who work in creative fields, such as advertising, graphic design, writing, film and video production, music composition, and more. An example of a creative could be a graphic designer who creates visually appealing designs for websites, logos, and marketing materials. Another example could be a writer who creates compelling stories for books, movies, or TV shows.

From ChatGPT  ;D

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2023, 10:19:30 pm »
In my case, I make stock/library music as well as specifically contracted work (documentary scores). MusicLM will end up with a large company (google) charging other large and small companies to make their stock music. It will be quicker and cheaper than using humans. Unlike ChatGPT and software developers, it'll not augment or help my workflow, but rather kill off a large part of my job completely.

Photo AI, like Dall-E will get rid of the need for stock photography and even models. Most photographers I know (including myself) make money from stock photography.
Is the artificial stuff as good as yours though?

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2023, 10:36:34 pm »
Is the artificial stuff as good as yours though?

With music, no. But it’s gone from laughably bad just two years ago to being usable for a lot of basic stock purposes.

With photography, for low resolution/web posting, I’d say it’s more or less there for many applications. The results are significantly cheaper, quicker and exacting. Instead of sifting through stock images, companies will simply input text of what they’re after and it’ll be made for them.

Now, you could say, hard cheese, creatives, that’s how the world works. But, these AI systems have been trained on real art and photography, and apparently without explicit consent. Those artists will make no money, though. Instead, google will become richer and artists poorer. There is no way that I can envisage commercial licensees seeking out human made, more expensive photography or music if a cheap and serviceable AI version exists.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 10:39:00 pm by thejbs »

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 1, 2023, 06:02:46 am »
I read that OpenAI are releasing a tool to help detect AI-Generated content. Makes sense. Big demand and easier to do internally.

I don't think people appreciate how powerful ChatGPT is. I've used AI content generators in the past, and they haven't been close to as sophisticated as this. The next generation will be the game changer.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #72 on: February 1, 2023, 08:27:19 am »

They have an issue with this at the moment though.  It's replicating exact copies of music in some cases which could lead to legal disputes.
It's going to be interesting if\when this is released publicly.  There are already many disputes about bands claiming other bands are using their source material.  Will there be more arising claiming MusicLM stole my riff?  Challenging future ahead!

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 1, 2023, 08:42:42 am »
With music, no. But it’s gone from laughably bad just two years ago to being usable for a lot of basic stock purposes.

With photography, for low resolution/web posting, I’d say it’s more or less there for many applications. The results are significantly cheaper, quicker and exacting. Instead of sifting through stock images, companies will simply input text of what they’re after and it’ll be made for them.

Now, you could say, hard cheese, creatives, that’s how the world works. But, these AI systems have been trained on real art and photography, and apparently without explicit consent. Those artists will make no money, though. Instead, google will become richer and artists poorer. There is no way that I can envisage commercial licensees seeking out human made, more expensive photography or music if a cheap and serviceable AI version exists.

I've been thinking for some time, that with the rise of automation, we as a "first world" nation should be looking to develop the arts more in schools. I didn't put a lot of thought into it, but if you'd have pushed me, I'd have said music, photography etc would be candidates ( I was thinking more dance and theatre).  But it looks like some of those areas could be first to go :(.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 1, 2023, 08:43:06 am »

Can I ask how complex the function was?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 1, 2023, 08:52:49 am »
Can I ask how complex the function was?

Nothing that complicated, just pulling a list of computers from AD and then querying each computer to see the last update it had installed.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 1, 2023, 09:08:46 am »
Nothing that complicated, just pulling a list of computers from AD and then querying each computer to see the last update it had installed.
Perfect example of something that'd take 5/10 mins now taking 1.

I guess there will be a brief period where we can take advantage and put our feet up for five mins. But soon we'll be expected to do five times as much.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #77 on: February 1, 2023, 09:22:52 am »
I got it to create a .NET MVC View with a text box and a button, then controller to serve it up and process the post back and finally an Ajax call in Javascript to post the results to the controller.  I just put it together in a project and it worked first time.
I also got it to connect to OpenAI to send text to the GPT-3 API and return the response to the view.  It did most of it but I had a couple of issues to resolve.
Somethings it's great at others still requires someone to understand the coding.  I did see an article today claiming that OpenAI are looking at developing the coding aspect to replace developers! We will see...
Also got it to write some user stories and HLD design.  It gave it a go!

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 1, 2023, 09:58:56 am »
They have an issue with this at the moment though.  It's replicating exact copies of music in some cases which could lead to legal disputes.
It's going to be interesting if\when this is released publicly.  There are already many disputes about bands claiming other bands are using their source material.  Will there be more arising claiming MusicLM stole my riff?  Challenging future ahead!

Yeah, totally. But I think that’s a speed bump rather than a brick wall. It’ll overcome that with a bit of time. The scariest thing for me is that it can recreate realistic instrumentation in a way that I have to work really hard at. Strings, in particular, take up a lot of my time and effort.

I’m just kinda bummed out that this is a focus for AI development. For a lot of creatives, the artsy, personal side of their work is supported by the commercial stuff that gets you a steady income. I guess because it’s box-office. This will pull more headlines than an AI that screens through health data or does something more useful, but mundane.

There are ways that AI could be made to help creatives, rather than make the obsolete, while still be profitable. I’d happily pay subscriptions for an advanced AI RAW photo editor. It would free up more of my creative time. At the moment, there are no good ones.

I’ve spoken to others who think I’m being a doomsayer. “They said the same when photoshop/digital cameras/DAWs came along etc” but this is massively different. It isn’t just a tool to help things become easier. If you’re creating a final product it doesn’t leave room for the artist.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #79 on: February 1, 2023, 10:05:14 am »
I’m just kinda bummed out that this is a focus for AI development.

I saw something doing the rounds recently along the lines of:

2003: "I can't wait for AI to take over all of the boring & mundane jobs in society so humans can be free to focus on artistic and creative pursuits"

2023: "Good news plebs, we've trained AI to handle all the artistic and creative pursuits so you're free to focus on your boring and mundane jobs"
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?