Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 340431 times)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2013, 10:07:48 am »
Not sure why you threw Eto'o into that stat as he just arrived at Chelsea and was averaging a goal every 90 minutes or so for Anzhi last season.

Because I was making the point that they clearly made a choice to go with Torres over Sturridge, and this summer, Eto'o over Lukaku.

With only two appearances so far he may well improve and shed a new light on the situation, but at this point his inclusion or otherwise makes little difference to the overall statistic. The contrast remains stark.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:10:14 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2013, 10:19:59 am »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18932/8929310/jose-mourinho-must-find-best-chelsea-system-says-jamie-redknapp

This sums it up, Jose clueless so far with this set of players.

I give good advise here mate.... ask Rafa how to deal with it.  ;D

The best thing in all this is that those Chelsea fan idiots have to respect Rafas work of last season now, they have no other choice, it´s too obivous.  :)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2013, 10:23:49 am »
Ironically he won the league in Pep's last season, which means the whole "until he met Pep" thing is a bit of a misnomer. He met Pep, he overtook him, Pep quit.

But fuck him, anyway. The problem is Mourinho is in pole position to win the league this year. It should really be a two horse race with them and City.

He overtook Pep?...

Pep 2008-2012: 3 La Liga, 2 Copa Del Rey, 3 Super Copa, 2 Champions League, 2 UEFA Super Cup, 2 FIFA Club World Cup...

Mourinho 2010-2013: 1 La Liga, 1 Copa Del Rey, 1 Super Copa...

How the fuck did Mourinho 'overtake' Guardiola?...  He won the league in Pep's last season and in the following season with Guardiola out of the picture he won what?...  Fuck all...

Even in Pep's last season he won the Super Cup, the Club World Championship and the Copa Del Rey.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2013, 10:39:49 am »
Mourinho in that interview last night firmly laid the blame at the feet of the players.  Poor form that from Mourinho.  Talking about emotional immaturity, you can't always have CL winners in your side.  Try eating like the rest of us.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2013, 10:42:22 am »
Mourinho in that interview last night firmly laid the blame at the feet of the players.  Poor form that from Mourinho.  Talking about emotional immaturity, you can't always have CL winners in your side.  Try eating like the rest of us.

But, but, but the Chelsea players will all thrive under his excellent man management tutelage unlike that cold heartless bastard Benitez.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2013, 10:44:42 am »

His comments RE: Eto'o were puzzling as well. Effectively questioning his morals and intentions by stating that he had gone to Russia "not for the right reasons".
Twitter | Blog

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2013, 10:52:15 am »
His comments RE: Eto'o were puzzling as well. Effectively questioning his morals and intentions by stating that he had gone to Russia "not for the right reasons".

Most of the Chelsea squad signed  "not for the right reasons".

Offline MonTheKuyt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2013, 10:52:40 am »
I was at the game last night, my best mate had tickets and invited me along, now as a football fan I don't care who's playing i'm more than happy to accept a ticket to a football match.

Not been to the Bridge before so had to go for the experience of that alone.

So there we are in the Matthew Harding stand, their version of the Kop, now there's a lot that is said about Chelsea's fans being classless, calling them 'Plastics', going on about how fickle they are and they don't understand the real game and just want trophies and want them now. Well after 90 mins of Champions League Football being played under the Special one, in the midst of their 'Ultras' I can honestly say that every one of those comments and views about Chelsea fans is 100% true.

By the end of the games there was talk of Jose being sacked, there were people saying he doesn't know what he's doing 20 mins in. Everybody but everybody was going on about they needed Mata to come on, he was their best player, he could change the game, Mourinho was a fool for not playing him, within 5 mins of Mata's introduction those same people were saying, and I kid you not,  "he's so shit".

Also their Pasties in little carboard, Waitrose esque., packaging that everyone bought at half time smelt awful, the beginning of the second half was like being in an up market Sayers.

Their chants were laughable, one intentionally the rest akin to something you'd get at a Sunday League Cup Final....... that only the drunken mates and mums had turned up to who'd also employed people to wave massive flags for them, even funnier in person.

Now don't get me wrong some of the griping was valid "Why get rid of Lukaku and bring in Eto?" and.............. well that was about it actually for intelligent thought. And Eden Hazard is so poor, I hate the smug little so and so, but all he did was get the ball cut inside, try to take on a few players then fuck it up or go looking for a foul.

Oh and the thing that made me laugh the most? At 90 mins, Chelsea were flooding the Basel box, trying to get an equaliser, four minutes shown on the board, I'm desperate to see the most exciting part of the game, see if Basel can hold out (oh how I was biting my lip when they went in front) see if the special one's boys had it in them to get one back in the dying minutes, I couldn't think of leaving yet, but apparently large swathes of the Chelsea fans didn't feel the same way when leaving as soon at the clock hit 90.

Well it was certainly an experience, and I don't think I could have gone on a better night!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:06:08 am by MonTheKuyt »

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2013, 10:55:30 am »
Don't complain mate, that's what you get for going to see that shite.

You made your bed, now eat it.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2013, 10:58:34 am »

Generally he's been fucking up left, right and centre. Dismissing the Europa League win was basically throwing a big dog turd in the face of the players. Then he seems to be undoing all the work that Rafa did last season in getting a balance into the team selection by using players to their best (like Luiz) and not starting Terry and Lampard in every game. Then there's the Rooney/Mata business. And now he's taken the team that Benitez handed to him in excellent shape and is trying to contort it into his standard shit on a stick football and blaming the players when it doesn't work.

I didn't expect it to go this wrong so early and find it hard to believe that Chelsea won't get it together, but the evidence of his last season at Madrid is that the new Special One is perfectly capable of taking a group of even the most talented players and winning fuck all.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Giz a Gobble

• Scouse Turkey that's hard to swallow.....
  • Main Stander
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 97.
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2013, 11:09:51 am »
Wonder how long it'll be before he is ''fixing the mess left behind by the previous manager''.....

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2013, 11:11:51 am »
Chelsea seem to be struggling. There is definitely a few issues with squad balance and how it fits with Mourinho's preferred style of play. To me they look short of a centre forward, a defensive midfielder and maybe even a centre back. The lack of an appropriate centre forward to play in Mourinho's system seems to be the biggest deficiency currently. As others have said, the decision to allow Lukaku go out of loan seems a baffling one at present.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Mata situation plays out. To me he just doesn't fit into the way Mourinho sets up his teams. Too slow to play out wide and probably doesn't work hard enough to play centrally -  think he'll lose out to Oscar more often than not for the central position of the 3 behind the striker. If they continue to struggle it will be interesting to see how their fans react to Mata being on the bench and if Mourinho is willing to adapt tactically to find  way of getting Mata involved effectively.

In saying all that I would still expect them to qualify easily out of their CL group. When they get to the KO stages they could be a very different proposition given the January transfer window . Domestically there are question marks about them but the same could be said about the other main challengers for the title. Again it wouldn't surprise me if they are there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

Like him or loathe him Jose Mourinho has won trophies at virtually every club he has been at. You can question how successful he's been, the resources he's had and the legacy he has left at his previous clubs but you can't argue with his trophy haul. At Chelsea he's at a club with huge resources, it would go against the evidence of the last 10 years if he failed now.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2013, 11:11:56 am »
Most of the Chelsea squad signed  "not for the right reasons".

Perhaps.

To publically state that about one of your own players is a very odd tactic, though. I can't see it having a particularly positive impact, lets put it that way.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Macedonian Red Reborn

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2013, 11:19:44 am »
Like him or loathe him Jose Mourinho has won trophies at virtually every club he has been at. You can question how successful he's been, the resources he's had and the legacy he has left at his previous clubs but you can't argue with his trophy haul. At Chelsea he's at a club with huge resources, it would go against the evidence of the last 10 years if he failed now.

Maureen is perfectly capable of fucking it up at Chelsea. He's had a team full of superbly talented players at Real Madrid last season, and he has won nothing.
"If I wanted you to understand, I'd have explained it better" Johan Cruyff

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:57 am »
Still baffles me how they let Lukaku leave.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2013, 11:41:56 am »
They look more like an experiment than a team. And as stated above, stupid to let Lukaku leave when their strike is shite. Is Mourinho losing it?

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2013, 11:54:57 am »
Kick and Rush football - that's all he does.

Rafa's Liverpool pissing all over you in CL semi. What do you do, some tactical genius move to negate our superiority. Nah, make Huth an additional Centre Forward and just twat the ball forward more.

Overrated classless twat. Trust me, his ego is running Chelsea. I'm convinced that the business with Mata, Torres and others is purely to try and make this team "his" so that any success can't be put down to Rafa's time in charge.

They'll still do ok - they fucking should with their spending power and already expensive squad, but they won't win the CL under this dickhead.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2013, 11:59:09 am »
Still baffles me how they let Lukaku leave.
It's not really baffling when you consider Mourinho.  He's hardly given young players opportunity because development can be painful, especially in terms of results.  So in a position where Mourinho generally demands a lot he cannot have an inexperienced (use this loosely considering WBA loan) striker who may turnover the ball maybe 1 or 2 times more in a game than an experienced, 200 game striker.

So he buys Eto'o.

But that's Mourinho.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2013, 12:00:34 pm »
Maureen is perfectly capable of fucking it up at Chelsea. He's had a team full of superbly talented players at Real Madrid last season, and he has won nothing.
As much as I hate to jump to Mourinho's defence... Yes he didn't win anything last season, but he's still got a league title and a Copa Del Rey to show for his time in Spain. It's not really nothing is it? The guy's a winner. A loathsome, snide, smug c*nt, yes. But he's a classless winner nonetheless.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2013, 12:03:53 pm »
The funny thing is, Sturridge up top would be an absolutely perfect fit for their side, and I reckon he'd do well in a Mourinho team.

Big big mistake they made giving him to us...

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2013, 12:05:12 pm »
Agree that it's not that the greatest of arguments to say Mourinho's not a good manager.  He is.  In fact, he's excellent.  But like all managers he has his positives and negatives.  Just hate the way people/media paint him as some sort of managerial genius.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2013, 12:12:25 pm »
The man is no genius.

Just a very good motivator
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2013, 12:17:18 pm »
As much as I hate to jump to Mourinho's defence... Yes he didn't win anything last season, but he's still got a league title and a Copa Del Rey to show for his time in Spain. It's not really nothing is it? The guy's a winner. A loathsome, snide, smug c*nt, yes. But he's a classless winner nonetheless.

01. Iker Casillas   
02. Raphael Varane
03. Pepe
04. Sergio Ramos
05. Fabio Coentrao
06. Sami Khedira
07. Cristiano Ronaldo
08. Kaka
09. Karim Benzema
10. Mesut Ozil
11. Ricardo Carvalho
12. Marcelo
13. Antonio Adan
14. Xabi Alonso
15. Michael Essien
17. Alvaro Arbeloa
18. Raul Albiol
19. Luka Modric
20. Gonzalo Higuain
21. Jose Callejon
22. Angel di Maria
25. Diego Lopez
27. Nacho Fernandez
29. Alvaro Morata

When you don't win anything with that squad, you are not a winner. You are a flop. A massive one.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2013, 12:20:49 pm »
Looking forward to Chelsea doing worse than last season and the inevitable comparisons to Rafa... It's already happening. Good times.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2013, 12:31:04 pm »
Dear Agony Aunt,

I'm on the horns of a real dilemma.

Loving the sight of Chelsea imploding. Would be delighted to see all the EPL teams in the CL or EL out by Xmas but.....

... worry that if they've got nothing to play for except the top spot domestically or the 'top four', it will make our chances of getting one of those places that much harder.

What should I do:

1. Hope they struggle through the group phases and then get knocked out in the quarters or semis after some physically demanding games with a few reds and maybe a handful of non-career threatening but disruptive injuries even though it will gut me to see them trousering all the cash that goes with getting that far and hope that their domestic form drops alarmingly, especially against us?

2. Get down on my knees and pray that they all fuck it up spectacularly in the groups just because I'd love it and would make this christmas a happy time?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2013, 12:36:20 pm »
Dear Agony Aunt,

3. Hope they come 3rd and have to play in the Europa league.

You know that same Europa League that in Jose's words is “a competition we didn’t want to play in”.

To be forced into matches in the arse end of Europe having publicly disrespecting it whilst still having to play at least one 2 legged match around the time when the league is coming to a close.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2013, 12:42:18 pm »
The answer is of course to hope that they implode spectacularly before Christmas. If they lose enough points in the league early they can lose too much ground to make up. Plus you want some negative feedback. That dressing room is full of overpaid overinflated egos. And politicking arseholes.  You want John Terry to take control of the team - as he did at the last World Cup. That will make their dressing room happy. Winning is the only thing that will unite that team. The less they win, the more the fault likes show. I am hoping for a Mata transfer request in January.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2013, 12:43:21 pm »
Juan Mata last season -

64 games, 20 goals, 28 assists.

This season - bench player.

Thanks Obama Mourinho!

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2013, 12:43:47 pm »
3. Hope they come 3rd and have to play in the Europa league.

What a top idea. See? A problem shared is a problem halved.

Ta v much.

PS Never knew Marjorie Proops was a red.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2013, 12:44:24 pm »
They'll destroy Fulham in the weekend.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2013, 12:55:59 pm »
They'll destroy Fulham in the weekend.

That'll say more about Fulham than Chelsea.

I can see Fulham really struggling this season.
Twitter | Blog

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2013, 01:00:41 pm »
The man is no genius.

Just a very good motivator

You need a lot more than motivation to win trophies at any level in football. And you need a lot more than just motivation to win three of the top leagues in Europe. And you need more than just motivation to win two Champions Leagues and a UEFA Cup. He knows the game inside out, and he knows how to organise a team to win. If it was all down to motivation, Colin Wanker would be the most successful manager in England :D
Better looking than Samie.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2013, 01:03:46 pm »

Yet nearly every article is titled with some variation of 'Jose takes the blame'

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2013, 01:15:01 pm »
Andy Jacobs on the radio then:

"I'll watch the Europa League if Chelsea are in it. Otherwise I can't be bothered. It's such a pointless, boring competition".

Just about sums their fanbase up.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2013, 01:30:49 pm »
Andy Jacobs on the radio then:

"I'll watch the Europa League if Chelsea are in it. Otherwise I can't be bothered. It's such a pointless, boring competition".

Just about sums their fanbase up.

A couple of Mancs on here have said similar unsurprisingly.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Self-professed wool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2013, 01:31:44 pm »
You need a lot more than motivation to win trophies at any level in football. And you need a lot more than just motivation to win three of the top leagues in Europe. And you need more than just motivation to win two Champions Leagues and a UEFA Cup. He knows the game inside out, and he knows how to organise a team to win. If it was all down to motivation, Colin Wanker would be the most successful manager in England :D

Mate, I respect your knowledge of the game, but I have to disagree on that one. Yes, he is a great organizer and motivator, but his tactics are very limited and ordinary, and his teams are playing very dull football. I have been following his career since his Porto days, and he has always relied heavily on the quality, the experience and the depth of his squad. Basically, he is a snake oil salesman.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2013, 01:43:36 pm »
When you don't win anything with that squad, you are not a winner. You are a flop. A massive one.
My point still stands. He won a league title and domestic trophy there and has an amazing track record. I dislike him intensely, but he's not flopped anywhere. He didn't do well at Madrid, but he hardly bombed. With Barcelona in their league and plenty of other great sides in Europe, it was always going to be difficult. He did win things with that squad, just not that season.
Mate, I respect your knowledge of the game, but I have to disagree on that one. Yes, he is a great organizer and motivator, but his tactics are very limited and ordinary, and his teams are playing very dull football. I have been following his career since his Porto days, and he has always relied heavily on the quality, the experience and the depth of his squad. Basically, he is a snake oil salesman.
I too have followed his career closely. His tactics may be limited, but he knows how to build a side around his system and win. Every criticism you have of him is true. However, when you've won that many trophies consistently across several clubs in different leagues, it's a bit much to stretch to calling him a 'snake oil salesman.' He motivates his players and is a terrifically disciplined defensive coach, even if it is awful to watch. He has a type of player who fits his archetype and he sticks to that. It's what Rodgers does, yet he's praised for that as his archetype is something more pleasing, aesthetically.

Mourinho's an odious fellow, he fails to win with anything approaching class and his antics have ceased being amusing and become genuinely ugly. However, he's won 2 x Champions Leagues, a UEFA Cup, 2 Portuguese Leagues, 2 Premier Leagues, an FA Cup, 2 League Cups, 2 x Serie A, a Coppa Italia, a Copa Del Rey and a La Liga, just off the top of my head. He may have won a few more domestic cups in Portugal and Italy and a super cup or two. I don't like him. He's a good manager.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:49:16 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »
Mourinho in that interview last night firmly laid the blame at the feet of the players.  P

He did? That´s hilarious, that´s two clubs now offering great comedy this season, ManU AND Chelsea.. ;D
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2013, 01:49:55 pm »
You can always come up with an excuse though. Especially lacking a certain player.

ManU won the league last year, but how many deficiencies they had? Many. Chelsea are a better squad than they were in the past 2-3 seasons, and under Rafa, they would have been challenging the league. No doubt about that. The rest is excuses.

I am not defending them at all, I wanted to point out how one dimensional of a manager Mourinho in fact is, he has a great group of players around but has no clue what to do with them. Rooney could have saved him, without him they will be facing problems which their fanbase wouldn´t have expected in their wildest dreams.

As I said, they get what they deserve.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2013, 01:53:20 pm »