Author Topic: Is there a drug problem in Liverpool  (Read 6185 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Is there a drug problem in Liverpool
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2022, 12:32:22 pm »
Define problem

I'd say organised crime is a problem yes.

There's better approaches. I've seen more coke use in London and Chester than Liverpool (though I've also seen coke taken loads of places including before our games at Anfield)

I don't really think it's anyone's business what someone does with their body as long as they don't hurt anybody else. Though I wouldn't be surprised if cocaine is behind some town violence.

I'm pro decriminalisation but if I wish one drug was around a lot less, it would be cocaine. A stupid drug with no long term benefit. Even ketamine has a future, like psychedelics, in therapy.

When most people talk about drug problems though it tends to be "someone annoyed me in a pub by being loud or disgusting".

Whereas the biggest problem I've personally seen lately is a recurring problem of those little laughing gas canisters... Outside the infants' school. Over and over. I kick em down the drain if I pass. But like, keep this crap away from children!

The real drug argument though is why people take them and the societal issues causing it. They're an escape.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 12:34:08 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2022, 01:04:07 pm »

The real drug argument though is why people take them and the societal issues causing it. They're an escape.

It depends.

Habitual drug use yes, but occasional use of certain drugs to enhance an experience is different, e.g. MDMA at a rave or the equivalent.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2022, 01:19:28 pm »
It depends.

Habitual drug use yes, but occasional use of certain drugs to enhance an experience is different, e.g. MDMA at a rave or the equivalent.

Agreed though I wouldn't class that as a problem  ;D I know the law does.

I think it would be good, in a perfect world, for festivals and similar to have this kind of thing supported medically if necessary, no judgement, just help if you need it. Nothing wrong with a bit of youthful experimentation. Obviously a smack dependency is worlds away from vibing to tunes because you took a little pill with a chicken on it at Glasto  ;D

And there's people who would see even that as evil dangerous and stupid. Just not me! (I don't like the element of random crap being in drugs, which goes with the argument to decriminalise. Take it out of the hands of crime)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2022, 01:28:09 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nOHjhYyCJbE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nOHjhYyCJbE</a>

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2022, 10:40:49 am »
IMO the availability of drug testing facilities should be a condition of licensing for venues and festivals.

strongly agree
YNWA.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2022, 11:25:40 am »
In town on Saturday afternoon with the family

Was down by the pier head.

Family of 5 walk past us. 3 kids probably all under 8, with 1 in a buggy. Mum and Dad both smoking a joint.

Now, I think cannabis should be legalised, but brazenly smoking it, with your kids is a bit off if you ask me!
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2022, 12:12:42 pm »
In town on Saturday afternoon with the family

Was down by the pier head.

Family of 5 walk past us. 3 kids probably all under 8, with 1 in a buggy. Mum and Dad both smoking a joint.

Now, I think cannabis should be legalised, but brazenly smoking it, with your kids is a bit off if you ask me!

See enough swigging cans of cider in the same circumstances - bunch of scruffs.