Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2194689 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #26280 on: January 30, 2023, 07:42:58 pm »
Thank God the Derby is at Anfield, could get nasty this one, especially if Everton lose to Arsenal.
In Estonian, "if" and "when" are the same word. True story. They're gonna get cheesed, mate. That's like getting creamed, but takes longer. About 95 minutes on average.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26281 on: January 30, 2023, 08:00:25 pm »
Yeah probably...and there lies their problem. Focused on us, out to wind us up and play the knobhead on the pitch and in the dugout.

Their fans will love that attitude, make themselves heroes, meanwhile the footy takes a back seat.

Thank God the Derby is at Anfield, could get nasty this one, especially if Everton lose to Arsenal.

With any luck it'll be the last one for a long time.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline norecat

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26282 on: January 30, 2023, 08:03:52 pm »
Dyche just might be their best appointment since 2013. As good a back to basics manager as they could get. Unlike to be a Moshiri appointment as he seemed to want the Hollywood name eg Koeman and Ancelotti. I don't see Dyche winning anything unless it's the championship title or promotion. But I think he will, like Moyes, make them solid, hard to beat and effective. They'll be boring to watch but nothing new there as they have been since Kendall left in 87.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #26283 on: January 30, 2023, 08:09:32 pm »
They're interested in Andre Ajew according to Toby Cudsworth  ;) Is he reliable?P

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26284 on: January 30, 2023, 08:10:07 pm »
Dyche just might be their best appointment since 2013. As good a back to basics manager as they could get. Unlike to be a Moshiri appointment as he seemed to want the Hollywood name eg Koeman and Ancelotti. I don't see Dyche winning anything unless it's the championship title or promotion. But I think he will, like Moyes, make them solid, hard to beat and effective. They'll be boring to watch but nothing new there as they have been since Kendall left in 87.

He's probably all they can afford now, and no good manager will touch them now, no matter how much money they offered. Unless he opted to take a sabbatical, then the fact Dyche has been out of work for nine months is telling.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26285 on: January 30, 2023, 08:30:08 pm »
He's probably all they can afford now, and no good manager will touch them now, no matter how much money they offered. Unless he opted to take a sabbatical, then the fact Dyche has been out of work for nine months is telling.

Most managers seem more than happy to walk into a shit show. As long as they're gonna get a fat contract that'll probably continue to make them money long after they've left the club, they're happy.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #26286 on: January 30, 2023, 08:41:56 pm »
Top Red Sean Dyche, manager of Everton. Can't wat to see his Christmas tree (not that he'll survive that long).

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26287 on: January 30, 2023, 08:49:32 pm »
Bitters actually thought they’d get Ziyech….. he’s off to PSG. That deluded fanbase.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26288 on: January 30, 2023, 09:03:22 pm »
Bitters actually thought they’d get Ziyech….. he’s off to PSG. That deluded fanbase.

Is he off  to Everton?

Izyech.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #26289 on: January 30, 2023, 09:08:39 pm »
They're interested in Andre Ajew according to Toby Cudsworth  ;) Is he reliable?P
Whos reliable? Ayew? Probably let them down game after game. The fans cheers will quickly turn to boos
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26290 on: January 30, 2023, 09:30:35 pm »
Lol another rejection  :lmao

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26291 on: January 30, 2023, 09:34:25 pm »
Cant believe they have gone with Dyche over Zidane or Simeone.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #26292 on: January 30, 2023, 09:50:52 pm »
It’s mental they haven’t bought / loaned anyone. 24 hours to go. They won’t survive with this squad and need at least 2 or 3 new bodies in.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26293 on: January 30, 2023, 10:06:07 pm »
It’s mental they haven’t bought / loaned anyone. 24 hours to go. They won’t survive with this squad and need at least 2 or 3 new bodies in.

They'll get a few in tomorrow, they love a deadline day trolley dash. Whether they're any good is another matter.

Pointless bringing in anyone with any flair with Dyche in charge.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26294 on: January 30, 2023, 10:13:37 pm »
I wonder who this window's last minute Stracqualursi loan signing will be

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #26295 on: January 30, 2023, 10:38:38 pm »
I've always been slightly puzzled by appointments like Dyche to "get you out of a relegation battle".

We're talking about elite level footballers that have been playing and training footy since day dot.

Yet, when things get serious, they need a Sergeant Major of a manager to rouse them up with fight and passion in order to avoid losing games.

Why not just appoint a retired Green Beret?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26296 on: January 30, 2023, 10:49:20 pm »
Most managers seem more than happy to walk into a shit show. As long as they're gonna get a fat contract that'll probably continue to make them money long after they've left the club, they're happy.

There's shit show, and there's basket case. Ancelotti was bribed; Rafa was naive; Lampard was desperate.

It is indeed easy money for Dyche and the state Everton is in he'll get very little flak from anyone outside the club if they go down. He might well be the best appointment, but he was at the front of a very short line.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26297 on: January 30, 2023, 11:03:55 pm »
They'll get a few in tomorrow, they love a deadline day trolley dash. Whether they're any good is another matter.

Pointless bringing in anyone with any flair with Dyche in charge.

And they’ll be the new faces on the mural by Bank Hall😂

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26298 on: January 30, 2023, 11:39:36 pm »
Lol another rejection  :lmao

Rejected for fucking PSV. :lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26299 on: January 30, 2023, 11:43:45 pm »
Rejected for fucking PSV. :lmao

To be fair, PSV are much bigger club than Everton ...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #26300 on: January 31, 2023, 12:07:29 am »
And with a PSV licence you can drive a bus; whereas with Dyche you can only park it
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26301 on: January 31, 2023, 12:42:10 am »
Is he off  to Everton?

Izyech.

Superb.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #26302 on: January 31, 2023, 01:22:47 am »
Apologies because someone will already have posted this but cannot be bothered to check

finger in the dyke

Definition

An attempt to delay a worse consequence from occurring.

How very appropriate
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26303 on: January 31, 2023, 02:24:44 am »
Linked with 33-year-old Andre Ayew, who just had his contract cancelled with a Saudi club.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26304 on: January 31, 2023, 04:05:45 am »
Andre Ayew.The life long Liverpool fan. They simply can't escape us.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #26305 on: January 31, 2023, 08:08:05 am »
Linked with 33-year-old Andre Ayew, who just had his contract cancelled with a Saudi club.
A team in dire need of a goalscorer should definitely get a guy who had one good Premier League season 7 years ago, managed 3 in 30 in his last 2 PL seasons and 5 in 38 in the Turkish top tier a couple of years ago.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #26306 on: January 31, 2023, 09:38:16 am »
Is he off  to Everton?

Izyech.
;D

If only David Kerslake was the new manager
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:45:24 am by Red_Mist »

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26307 on: January 31, 2023, 09:53:51 am »
It's hard to see where or how they dig out a season-saving signing at this stage.  It would realistically need to be somebody they were chasing under Lampard (or with no manager in place) or just hijacking another club's already agreed transfer by bunging a few extra quid at the 11th hour.

They're also limited in the loan market as they can only have two loan players.  Assuming they want to keep Coady that only leaves one slot, if they first send Vinagre back.

It looks like Dyche will just have to do what Lampard couldn't and get a tune out of the current lot.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #26308 on: January 31, 2023, 09:55:00 am »
;D

If only David Kerslake was the new manager
You did that more Ceverley than the rest :thumbup

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26309 on: January 31, 2023, 10:05:49 am »
They'll kick the living Jesus out of us, won't they?

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26310 on: January 31, 2023, 10:12:57 am »
They'll kick the living Jesus out of us, won't they?
I don't know that they've even got that in them.  He could recall the yard dogs like Holgate and Davies whilst Coady is going to be desperate to put a big tackle in at Anfield to prove himself to the baying mob.  Beyond those three though I don't think they've got much heart for recreating a 1970s brawl of a football match.

If anything I'm more concerned about Dyche trying to suck Anfield dry of any atmosphere by instigating spoiling and time-wasting tactics from the first kick.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #26311 on: January 31, 2023, 10:14:11 am »
And with a PSV licence you can drive a bus; whereas with Dyche you can only park it

:wellin
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #26312 on: January 31, 2023, 10:18:33 am »
I don't know that they've even got that in them.  He could recall the yard dogs like Holgate and Davies whilst Coady is going to be desperate to put a big tackle in at Anfield to prove himself to the baying mob.  Beyond those three though I don't think they've got much heart for recreating a 1970s brawl of a football match.

If anything I'm more concerned about Dyche trying to suck Anfield dry of any atmosphere by instigating spoiling and time-wasting tactics from the first kick.

Don't know whether they were the first team to try it, but Burnley under Dyche were the first team I noticed* deploying the 'anti-high press' tactic of the defenders, when being harried on the ball by our press, throwing themselves theatrically to the ground at the merest touch from one of our attackers/advanced midfielders. Refs would buy it every time.

Will the Everton players have had enough time to absorb that tactic by the time they play us? Then again, our high press isn't what it used to be anyway.

* that just may be because their players were such clumsy crocs generally and rather lacking finesse
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26313 on: January 31, 2023, 10:49:03 am »

Don't know whether they were the first team to try it, but Burnley under Dyche were the first team I noticed* deploying the 'anti-high press' tactic of the defenders, when being harried on the ball by our press, throwing themselves theatrically to the ground at the merest touch from one of our attackers/advanced midfielders. Refs would buy it every time.

Will the Everton players have had enough time to absorb that tactic by the time they play us? Then again, our high press isn't what it used to be anyway.

* that just may be because their players were such clumsy crocs generally and rather lacking finesse

Tarkowski already primed and ready to revert to plan, no Dichotomy for him
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26314 on: January 31, 2023, 11:10:54 am »

The 1-1 Fat Sam Derby was a low point. They were kicking for touch mid way through the first half. We should have been out of sight but Mane I think messed up a few decent opportunities. Then Calvert Lewin flops and its 1-1.

As Nobby said, they'll be flopping to the ground under the slightest pressure. It's no coincidence that Dyche's best results at Anfield were BCD when the screams of his grocks could be heard by the ref.

Funny how Dyche would remind Klopp that football is a mans game when Klopp pulled him up on some of the challenges, but then his players were incapable of withstanding any physicality at all and were constantly falling over and screaming.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #26315 on: January 31, 2023, 12:43:56 pm »
Another rejection this afternoon with one of the Rennes forwards going to the only team below them in the table. If Southampton and Bournemouth can get another couple in today things will be looking nice. Pure quality wise in terms of players they must be the worst right now bar maybe Bournemouth, they just have nothing and other teams are strengthening
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26316 on: January 31, 2023, 01:07:32 pm »
Another rejection this afternoon with one of the Rennes forwards going to the only team below them in the table. If Southampton and Bournemouth can get another couple in today things will be looking nice. Pure quality wise in terms of players they must be the worst right now bar maybe Bournemouth, they just have nothing and other teams are strengthening

Looking more and more like Rickie Lambert out of mothballs is the only option, Sean will like some fellow reds round him to take the heat
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26317 on: January 31, 2023, 01:28:45 pm »
They not signing anyone then? No more links?

Doesn't look good  with their two closest rivals strengthening and nicking their transfers

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26318 on: January 31, 2023, 01:37:23 pm »
They'll do a panic buy or two or some premier league cast off loans I reckon. Whether they are any good or not who knows.

If they sign no one they'll finish 19th at the absolute most. Huge few hours for them.