Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 63254 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Things you find..weird
« on: June 9, 2021, 09:21:04 pm »
Ok so we’ve got a happy and annoyed thread. I think we need a weird one.

I find it weird when you got the gents loo and guys don’t go the trough or urinal and wait to go in a cubicle.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 09:24:03 pm by Craig 🤔 »

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Re: Think you find..weird
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2021, 09:22:11 pm »
This thread title for a start  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2021, 09:24:25 pm »
This thread title for a start  ;D

Literally no idea...  ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2021, 09:28:05 pm »
Literally no idea...  ;D
I find it weird when thread titles change themselves  :o
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #4 on: June 9, 2021, 09:28:31 pm »

I find it weird when you got the gents loo and guys don’t go the trough or urinal and wait to go in a cubicle.

When lads use the urinal but they let their keks right down around their ankles with their bare arses showing

And women too

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: June 9, 2021, 09:30:42 pm »
I find it weird when thread titles change themselves  :o

Yeah that’s proper wired that. Glad that didn’t happen now.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2021, 09:30:57 pm »
TV remote stops functioning.

* two spanks *

Good enough for 2 more months.

Works 3 or 4 times atleast.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2021, 09:33:02 pm »
I find this genuinely weird...
I plug my Iphone charger into my phone; doesn't work.
I take it out and turn it over; still doesn't work.
Take it out again and turn it over to the first side I tried; starts charging  ???

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2021, 09:37:11 pm »
When lads use the urinal but they let their keks right down around their ankles with their bare arses showing

And women too

Do you work in a Primary school? Who does that?!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9 on: June 9, 2021, 10:28:08 pm »

They are the fellas with the chastity cages on. They have to sit.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 9, 2021, 10:58:58 pm »

A mate from work does that. He's gay and refuses to use the urinals in case he gets accused of checking someone out.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2021, 02:00:53 am »
In supermarket car parks I park well away from the shop itself in order to prevent getting my door dented by careless fellow parkers.

Thing is, I can have about a hundred spare spaces around me, but I'll come out and find someone has parked right next to me.

Why? Please, tell me why? Weirdos!
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2021, 02:52:58 am »
In supermarket car parks I park well away from the shop itself in order to prevent getting my door dented by careless fellow parkers.

Thing is, I can have about a hundred spare spaces around me, but I'll come out and find someone has parked right next to me.

Especially weird when they park with the driver's door right next to your car, which must force them to squeeze out, or shift across and get out the passenger door.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2021, 07:17:31 am »
Sometimes when you are at work and going for a piss, but also fancy a bit of a skive and a read of your phone, it's nice to just go in a cubical.

The ones that piss standing up in a cubical with the door open when there is a urinal - if that's what you mean that is weird.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2021, 07:19:03 am »
Sometimes when you are at work and going for a piss, but also fancy a bit of a skive and a read of your phone, it's nice to just go in a cubical.

The ones that piss standing up in a cubical with the door open when there is a urinal - if that's what you mean that is weird.

Also some urinals are terrible for splash back!

But yeah, a little time out was always good. Less of a problem working from home these last 15 months!

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2021, 07:30:40 am »
People who choose to splash piss all over their kex peeing in poorly designed urinals.  :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2021, 07:40:04 am »

That happens to me all the time, drives me nuts.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2021, 07:57:49 am »
People who choose to splash piss all over their kex peeing in poorly designed urinals.  :D

:D

Definitely not done by choice.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 08:11:17 am »
Vegetarians eat fish

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 08:13:21 am »
Vegetarians eat fish

They would have got away with it if it wasn’t for you pescatarians.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2021, 08:17:25 am »
The assumption that everyone on the planet likes garlic. I don't. Can't stand the taste or smell of it. I know it is in a fair lot of the food that I eat, but if I can smell or taste it, I won't eat it as it is fucking vile.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2021, 08:24:27 am »
Workaholics. Guy at my last job regularly did 50/60 hours overtime each month, for me that's insanity. Live your life a little instead of being a slave for some corporate c*nts who don't even know you work for them. Reminds me of my nephew who's 16 but works pretty much every evening on top on going to college all day which means we rarely see him now.

Also people who take their job too seriously to the point they start checking emails on weekends and can sometimes be found online at 10pm.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2021, 08:28:58 am »
The assumption that everyone on the planet likes garlic. I don't. Can't stand the taste or smell of it. I know it is in a fair lot of the food that I eat, but if I can smell or taste it, I won't eat it as it is fucking vile.

You're right, not liking garlic is fucking weird.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2021, 08:36:07 am »
people who win millions on the lottery and then say 'it won't change my life' and then still choose to go to work usually as the local milkman/in the local newsagents/the local factory

fuck off - if it's not going to change your life then why do the fucking lottery in the first place you soft-arses

give ME the money

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2021, 08:38:24 am »
They would have got away with it if it wasn’t for you pescatarians.
they call themselves vegetarians smart ass :D

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 08:45:02 am »
Workaholics. Guy at my last job regularly did 50/60 hours overtime each month, for me that's insanity. Live your life a little instead of being a slave for some corporate c*nts who don't even know you work for them. Reminds me of my nephew who's 16 but works pretty much every evening on top on going to college all day which means we rarely see him now.

Also people who take their job too seriously to the point they start checking emails on weekends and can sometimes be found online at 10pm.

Oh yeah I used to have one of those. Hated them.

When the client is in USA, then you need to work until their 6pm. Which is 12 midnight in Germany. Or the other way, in India or Australia. Then we worked from 3am onwards. But only until 10am or 11am.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 09:02:30 am »
Vegetarians eat fish

I used to work with a woman who informed me that she was such a 'strict vegetarian'she didn't eat eggs.

She did live on fish fingers though.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2021, 09:18:41 am »
football fans who support all English teams in CL or Europa League
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2021, 09:35:20 am »

Depends really.

I used to work in a pretty basic banking call centre, £22k a year but there was uncapped overtime at double time. I used to maybe do ten hours a month for a couple of hundred quid extra but a lad I worked with did the same as the guy at your place, about 15 hours a week extra and he must have been taking home comfortably more than anyone else in that building. Instead of doing 9-5 he'd do 9-8, still got two days off a week and he lived pretty close to work anyway.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2021, 09:37:34 am »
football fans who support all English teams in CL or Europa League

Or people who say they like football but don’t support anyone. Lived with one of them at uni and he was a nightmare because he’d take the piss if Liverpool lost but I had nothing to throw back at him. Genuinely weird.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2021, 09:41:29 am »
Or people who say they like football but don’t support anyone. Lived with one of them at uni and he was a nightmare because he’d take the piss if Liverpool lost but I had nothing to throw back at him. Genuinely weird.

Got a few of those fuckers myself Nick.

Never heard a peep out of them when we won all that Silverware in 19/20

When we went into that early 2021 meltdown these gimps suddenly developed an interest in football.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2021, 09:42:46 am »
Got a few of those fuckers myself Nick.

Never heard a peep out of them when we won all that Silverware in 19/20

When we went into that early 2021 meltdown these gimps suddenly developed an interest in football.

So true!

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2021, 09:42:55 am »

I've never understood urinals.  Can never get my head around would anyone choose to piss (in 'public') in an open stretch of sewer/a funnel in the wall.  Always seems a bit...I don't know...'primitive'.

Why not have a couple at home in case of guests?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2021, 09:44:55 am »

I used to do that, but it was because I needed to rather than wanting to. My salary is shit, and I was paying 5-600 a month in debts, so without the overtime I had the bare minimum to live on.
Thankfully Paddy Power generously paid off all my debt for me and I have barely worked overtime the last 12 months  :D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2021, 10:39:33 am »

Before the pandemic, that was usual for a few of us at work - was nothing to do with the love of the job though, it was purely selfish financial reasons. One lad did it to clear debts ran up by his wife, over £10k worth and to pay cash for a car, he was doing over 100 hours a month, another to buy stuff for his house/clear laons, I did it to pay for things like holidays, things around the house, bits for my motorbikes, with the trucks as well I was doing over 50 hrs overtime. Eventually though something had to give and it did break two of us, the lad with the wife debts and me both ended up with depression and anxiety issues. Overtime isn't on offer now, but I wouldn't do it again, I'm happy doing 12 hrs or so on the trucks two Saturdays a month to give me spare cash.

The emails one though is ludicrous, I see that all the time at work, and so many of those people have since been made redundant. Like you say, the bosses don't give a shit about the staff.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2021, 10:40:07 am »
Chopper.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2021, 10:43:47 am »
Before the pandemic, that was usual for a few of us at work - was nothing to do with the love of the job though, it was purely selfish financial reasons. One lad did it to clear debts ran up by his wife, over £10k worth and to pay cash for a car, he was doing over 100 hours a month, another to buy stuff for his house/clear laons, I did it to pay for things like holidays, things around the house, bits for my motorbikes, with the trucks as well I was doing over 50 hrs overtime. Eventually though something had to give and it did break two of us, the lad with the wife debts and me both ended up with depression and anxiety issues. Overtime isn't on offer now, but I wouldn't do it again, I'm happy doing 12 hrs or so on the trucks two Saturdays a month to give me spare cash.

The emails one though is ludicrous, I see that all the time at work, and so many of those people have since been made redundant. Like you say, the bosses don't give a shit about the staff.

I sometimes send a few emails later in an evening these days but don’t do it to look good, in fact sometimes it probably makes me look disorganised but I don’t really care anymore! But these days I might finish around 4 if I have to pick up from school so will then pop online later to catch up on a few bits.

And the stuff I work on has deadlines which are essentially my responsibility and if I don’t hit them it would be an issue so will occasionally work late to catch up on time wasted on here (arguably not enough hours in the day I know).

Agree with the wider point that more senior management wouldn’t know you or give a shit.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2021, 10:47:08 am »
I sometimes send a few emails later in an evening these days but don’t do it to look good, in fact sometimes it probably makes me look disorganised but I don’t really care anymore! But these days I might finish around 4 if I have to pick up from school so will then pop online later to catch up on a few bits.

And the stuff I work on has deadlines which are essentially my responsibility and if I don’t hit them it would be an issue so will occasionally work late to catch up on time wasted on here (arguably not enough hours in the day I know).

Agree with the wider point that more senior management wouldn’t know you or give a shit.

I get it when your day is messed about, I do that too from time to time. I started early today as I'm nipping out to pick something up from the shops in a minute. These were directors though who are first in the office/last out and are replying to emails at 2am on a Sunday or while on holiday. Absolute idiots.

We've just lost a colleague who was 55 to cancer. He took work too seriously, it was only when he first got cancer in 2010 the reality hit him that work should be relaxed.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2021, 10:53:55 am »
Since working from home I do find myself working quite often in to the evening. I do actually enjoy my work and if there is a problem I am working on I am quite happy to keep looking at it to get it fixed.

As a rule though I do not send any emails and rarely respond to any Teams messages unless I am doing actual scheduled out of hours work.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2021, 10:59:27 am »
People