Author Topic: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States  (Read 169728 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: The Joe Biden Presidency Thread - 46th President of the United States
« Reply #1760 on: January 26, 2023, 12:53:35 pm »
Gretchen Whitmer is a possible.

I'd love to see the wonderful AOC as President, but that's not going to happen.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1761 on: January 26, 2023, 12:56:53 pm »
Gretchen Whitmer is a possible.

I'd love to see the wonderful AOC as President, but that's not going to happen.
Yes. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain isn't even American.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1762 on: January 26, 2023, 12:57:18 pm »
If I had a vote for Prez, it would be Bernie Sanders every time.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1763 on: January 26, 2023, 12:57:58 pm »
As for Harris, I thought she was brilliant in some committee hearings when she was tearing Repugs apart.

Given Biden's age, I presumed she would be front and centre on a lot of Democrat activity, which would really boost her profile amongst a wider audience. I've heard hardly anything of her, though. Far less than we did VP's like Gore, Pence and Biden himself.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1764 on: January 26, 2023, 12:58:35 pm »
Yes. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain isn't even American.

;D

He couldn't be worse than he's been for us the past few seasons, though

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1765 on: January 26, 2023, 01:01:16 pm »

Brilliant bloke, but he's as old as Biden and, with the Repugs likely going younger with DeSantis, and major question marks about Biden's faculties, going with Bernie would leave a massive attack-line for the Repugs.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1766 on: January 26, 2023, 01:45:15 pm »

Brilliant bloke, but he's as old as Biden and, with the Repugs likely going younger with DeSantis, and major question marks about Biden's faculties, going with Bernie would leave a massive attack-line for the Repugs.

You see, this is the problem with US politics. You are worrying about how my choice would be received by a bunch of fucking insurrectionist traitors who put a lying, stupid, corrupt sack of shit and his slum lord son in law in charge for four years, and then staged a violent coup when their efforts to give him another four years were defeated.

That's not a criticism of you, btw but it just illustrates what an utter shitshow that country has become.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1767 on: January 26, 2023, 01:57:00 pm »
You see, this is the problem with US politics. You are worrying about how my choice would be received by a bunch of fucking insurrectionist traitors who put a lying, stupid, corrupt sack of shit and his slum lord son in law in charge for four years, and then staged a violent coup when their efforts to give him another four years were defeated.

That's not a criticism of you, btw but it just illustrates what an utter shitshow that country has become.

Those 'insurrectionist traitors' (nice description, btw  :thumbup) wouldn't vote Democrat anyway.

The problem is the very large rump of swing voters. Biden & Bernie were younger prior to the last election, and most people's memories/impressions of Biden were from his time as VP to Obama. An Ageing Bernie may have not lost many swing votes due to his age in 2020 but now, especially after a number of Biden incidents that have been attributed to his age, I think that horse has bolted. And I'm a huge Bernie fan (who really wishes he'd have won the nomination for 2016).

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1768 on: January 26, 2023, 02:14:17 pm »
Biden needs to let someone else run, but ego and complacency will probably put a stop to that. Same thing happened with Ginsberg and now they're counting the cost of that decision

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1769 on: January 26, 2023, 06:37:16 pm »

The problem for Bernie has always been he doesn't have enough support from the centrist Dems and so he was never going to get picked even if he was only 50 today. Its a shame because I agree with a lot of his policy ideas.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1770 on: February 6, 2023, 10:53:25 pm »
Ryan Grim
@ryangrim
Aides to Kamala Harris gave names of people who'd speak well of her job performance to the New York Times, the Times called those people, and they privately said "that they had lost hope in her."

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1622662246147977216

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/06/us/politics/kamala-harris-vice-presidenct-legacy.html
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1771 on: February 7, 2023, 11:43:08 am »
She did have the “burden” of always having to be in the senate to split the tie. I think that’s affected her visibility. Perhaps VP is just as high as she can go? A clean ticket for 2024 is required from the democrats. Who that might be, I have no idea.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1772 on: February 7, 2023, 06:09:21 pm »
state....of the union is later,doesn't start till 9, the old folk running the show will be in their jimjams and slippers.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1773 on: February 21, 2023, 04:54:40 pm »
As far as I can see, conservatives use that term as an adjective to pin on anything, literally anything, where they feel like things are going in the wrong direction.

So, letting gays serve in the army means it's now the "woke military". Women who won't date conservative men because y'know, they're assholes, are now "woke women". Teaching about actual factual history involving minorities now gives us "woke schools and colleges".

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1774 on: April 11, 2023, 04:35:31 pm »
See he is dropping huge hints that he is running for a second term. Not sure the Dems have any other viable candidate in the wings so will be interesting to see (if he wins next year) how Joe does with the job at the grand young age of 82 when sworn in n 86 by the time he leaves.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1775 on: April 11, 2023, 07:21:37 pm »
recent polling shows Trump's approval rating at just 25% nationally - but also show him building a head of steam for the Republican nomination. In 12 months he could be the nominee from a prison cell.

If that happens, the Democrats could put a dead turkey up for the presidential election and likely still win. And apparently, given how the senate seats fall in the election cycles, if the Republicans fail to retake the senate next year, they won't have another decent shot until the 2030s.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1776 on: April 11, 2023, 07:42:50 pm »
See he is dropping huge hints that he is running for a second term. Not sure the Dems have any other viable candidate in the wings so will be interesting to see (if he wins next year) how Joe does with the job at the grand young age of 82 when sworn in n 86 by the time he leaves.

All he needs is to get through the election then we can just Weekend at Bernie's it from there on in  ;D

I wonder how much he's really doing now, but he has a competent administration around him which is all we need

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1777 on: April 11, 2023, 09:07:01 pm »
Think if the Republican candidate is anyone but Trump then it becomes more of a coin toss up again. Bidens age is not doing himself any favors as can't see an energetic campaign from hin, people are struggling with the crazy inflation, frustration may grow where Biden may suddenly not look so good to some. All depends on who the Republicans serve up as they are a bit of a mess too.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1778 on: April 11, 2023, 10:52:00 pm »
I liked the footage of him landing in Belfast. He really didn’t seem arsed with talking to Sunak.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1779 on: April 12, 2023, 01:01:03 am »
I liked the footage of him landing in Belfast. He really didn’t seem arsed with talking to Sunak.

Sunaks like those little kids trying to hang around with the cooler big kids

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1780 on: April 12, 2023, 10:04:41 pm »
Not sure what Biden’s objectives were coming to Belfast. One very short visit and a bland speech that nobody will remember. £7M (or so) wasted that could have been spent on better things.
#JFT97

Online stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1781 on: April 12, 2023, 10:31:43 pm »
I heard that the old dodder referred to the Irish Rugby team beating the All Black and Tans.

Another embarrassing gaff.
#JFT97

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1782 on: April 12, 2023, 10:36:59 pm »
I heard that the old dodder referred to the Irish Rugby team beating the All Black and Tans.

Not even close to Trumps 'nuclear warming' gaffs.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #1783 on: April 12, 2023, 10:41:29 pm »

I'd rather Joe in a coma with Jill faking it than McDonald's Poster Boy.
Kill the humourless

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: April 12, 2023, 10:45:37 pm »
Not sure what Biden’s objectives were coming to Belfast. One very short visit and a bland speech that nobody will remember. £7M (or so) wasted that could have been spent on better things.

Prob trying to cajole/encourage/embarrass the DUP into going to work.  Likely a waste of time like.

Online stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: April 12, 2023, 11:40:13 pm »
Prob trying to cajole/encourage/embarrass the DUP into going to work.  Likely a waste of time like.

Without talking to them? He gave a speech that didn’t amount to much.
#JFT97

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1786 on: April 12, 2023, 11:41:23 pm »

Oh no an american president that doesn't know a thing about rugby, what will we do.

Next on Fox news, Obama wore a tan suit.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: April 13, 2023, 12:22:55 am »

I'd say this was worth 70M easily: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/04/12/joe-biden-has-gravely-insulted-britain/#:~:text=President%20Biden's%20insulting%20decision%20to,coronation%20of%20King%20Charles%20III.

Joe Biden has gravely insulted Britain (telegraph.co.uk) 1

Joe Biden has gravely insulted Britain

The US President thinks nothing of lecturing the government on Northern Ireland policy, and has shown contempt for the Special Relationship

President Biden’s insulting decision to prioritise Ireland over the UK on his visit to mark the anniversary of the Good Friday Agreement should have come as no surprise. It is just as unsurprising as his decision to skip the coronation of King Charles III. Biden, like Barack Obama before him, has shown nothing but contempt for Great Britain and the Special Relationship.

Biden began his presidency in 2021 by removing a bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office. Sculpted by Jacob Epstein, it had originally been loaned to the American people by then Prime Minister Tony Blair, in the wake of the barbaric 9/11 terror attacks on the United States. It had pride of place in George W Bush’s White House, but was ousted by Obama when he took office in 2009. Donald Trump brought it back at the start of his presidency in 2017, but Biden saw fit to remove it as soon as he entered the White House.

Biden’s insult towards Churchill and his memory set the tone for his presidency. His approach towards Britain, traditionally America’s closest friend and ally, has been sneering, arrogant and disrespectful. With deep roots in Ireland, Biden’s track record as a US Senator and Washington politician for half a century has been one of unyielding support for the Irish Republican cause. As recently as 2017 he was photographed with Gerry Adams and erstwhile IRA fugitive Rita O’Hare.

As Vice President in 2015, Biden quipped that no one wearing orange (the colour of British Unionists in Northern Ireland) would be welcome in the White House, while meeting the then Irish Taoiseach Enda Kenny, sparking outrage. No wonder he has had little success in coaxing the Unionists back into Northern Ireland power-sharing.

It is not hard to see why a US president with this track record would thumb his nose at the new King, either. For Biden, the British Monarchy is not something to be celebrated or revered. In his eyes it is an anachronism, an outdated remnant of the Empire. His decision not to attend the Coronation is not an issue of advancing age, difficulty of scheduling, or an unwillingness to spend time away from pressing domestic duties at home. It is a deliberate snub of the Royal Family.

Yes, it is true that no US president has ever attended the Coronation of a British monarch. But the last Coronation, of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953, was 70 years ago, in the aftermath of World War Two, in a completely different era.

The message Biden is sending to America’s most vital partner on the world stage is an appalling one. The British Government has made light of this decision, in order to avoid any kind of diplomatic spat with Washington. Biden has, meanwhile, accepted the invitation of a state visit. Yet the harsh reality remains that America today is led by a petty and at times vindictive president, who thinks nothing of lecturing Britain over its Northern Ireland policy, and issuing stark warnings to Downing Street that a US/UK trade deal will not be on the agenda unless it plays ball over Irish issues and the EU.

An additional factor shaping Biden’s treatment of Britain is his intense animosity towards Brexit, and his adoration of the European Union. In a grovelling speech to the European Parliament in 2010, Biden declared that Brussels had “its own legitimate claim” to be “the capital of the free world,” a ludicrous assertion that surely no one even in the European Commission actually believes. Over a decade later as president, Biden has shamelessly appeased the EU and its powerhouses of Paris and Berlin, while often treating London with barely disguised menace and disdain.

Joe Biden is increasingly portrayed on both sides of the Atlantic as a bumbling, gaffe-prone president who mumbles his words, and can be strikingly incoherent in public settings. This is an accurate assessment.

Yet at the same time he knows exactly what he is doing in his treatment of the UK. He is putting two fingers up to the monarchy, Great Britain and its illustrious history. President Biden is no friend of the British people.

Nile Gardiner is the Director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom at The Heritage Foundation

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1788 on: April 13, 2023, 12:37:00 am »
Oh no an american president that doesn't know a thing about rugby, what will we do.

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1789 on: April 13, 2023, 01:20:55 am »

Except that The Black and Tans is not about the colour of anyone’s suit. They were British soldiers recruited to fight in Ireland. It’s not a great thing to say considering where he was. He should stick to his script and not go off-piste.
#JFT97

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: April 13, 2023, 03:43:48 am »
Another embarrassing gaff

Good grief, I just saw that, please step aside now Joe, the ego on these old men that just can't retire is astonishing, I do think they are ego maniacs (Trump, Biden, Murdoch for example)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1791 on: April 13, 2023, 06:46:28 am »
Without talking to them? He gave a speech that didn’t amount to much.

He apparently met Donaldson.  Anyway, him speaking to the DUP is irrelevant. They’re effectively on strike but with most of their salary still paid.  Meanwhile their ousted ex leader Foster shouts from the sidelines on GB news.

Just get to work and sort the country out.  Brexit enablers on constant strike is the issue, not what a US President said or did.  He didn’t vote them into government, the NI public did.

Didn’t Biden also mention something about 6b investment in NI if the NI exec was operational again, ie if the DUP got back to work?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 06:50:07 am by TSC »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1792 on: April 13, 2023, 09:00:28 am »

Saying something like ‘Australia All blacks’ would be a harmless gaff. Black and Tans carries significant baggage in Ireland.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1793 on: April 13, 2023, 10:52:06 am »
Good grief, I just saw that, please step aside now Joe, the ego on these old men that just can't retire is astonishing, I do think they are ego maniacs (Trump, Biden, Murdoch for example)

Biden did retire though. Back in 2016. Worked out well that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1794 on: April 13, 2023, 11:57:54 am »

Donald Trump, Rupert Murdoch, the Dalai Lama: living proof that no one is too big for retirement
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/11/donald-trump-rupert-murdoch-dalai-lama-retirement-power-men

If you haven't seen it.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1795 on: April 13, 2023, 12:10:45 pm »
I take little interest in American politics unless they do something awful like ban abortion or bomb places.
Credit to Biden for his recent visit where he managed to piss off English gammons and the DUP
Well done Joe,
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: April 13, 2023, 12:15:49 pm »
I'd say this was worth 70M easily: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/04/12/joe-biden-has-gravely-insulted-britain/#:~:text=President%20Biden's%20insulting%20decision%20to,coronation%20of%20King%20Charles%20III.

"Nile Gardiner is the Director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom at The Heritage Foundation"

Abbreviated to 'utter c*nt'

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1797 on: April 13, 2023, 12:24:45 pm »
Saying something like ‘Australia All blacks’ would be a harmless gaff. Black and Tans carries significant baggage in Ireland.

It certainly does carry baggage. But I think people in Ireland expect Irish-Americans coming over claiming to be Irish to generally be ignorant of anything related to Ireland (let alone Rugby...). Don't you know Biden's great-great-great grandfather, was born in Ireland in 1803??  Besides Irish people in my experience tend to love the US and Americans.

I suppose it also helps that he said "Beat the hell out of the All Black and Tans" rather than anything positive

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: April 13, 2023, 01:27:59 pm »
It certainly does carry baggage. But I think people in Ireland expect Irish-Americans coming over claiming to be Irish to generally be ignorant of anything related to Ireland (let alone Rugby...). Don't you know Biden's great-great-great grandfather, was born in Ireland in 1803??  Besides Irish people in my experience tend to love the US and Americans.

I suppose it also helps that he said "Beat the hell out of the All Black and Tans" rather than anything positive

His great-great-great grandfather William Biden was from Sussex. He emigrated to America, then married in Baltimore in 1822.

His descendants married into an Irish immigrant family.

Quite why he considers himself Irish and not British is a mystery