Author Topic: The England Cricket Thread - 2024  (Read 639096 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Quite a big lead for WI.

Play can go through to about 7.15 I believe so this hour will shape the result of the game completely. Imperative we get through it unscathed.

Three down at the close then.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Three down at the close then.

Reverse mockers?  ???
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
the biggest revelation from yesterday was that ian bishop (and others) call michael holding "mr t"

I wanted to know more about that

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
One year ago I was making my way to Edgbaston to watch us destroy the Aussies ;D

Hopefully we have just as good a day on the pitch today!

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
ian bishop looks like he could eat ian ward and still have room for seconds.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
One year ago I was making my way to Edgbaston to watch us destroy the Aussies ;D

Hopefully we have just as good a day on the pitch today!

Awesome. :D

Sadly I went to the group stage game against them instead!

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Sun's out, 10 wickets in hand, time to prove yourselves England
A win for the Liverpool country

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Sun's out, 10 wickets in hand, time to prove yourselves England

I still don’t have a lot of faith in many of them to make a match winning score here. More a case of can enough of them make a pleasant 20-30 to push us up to a score we might be able to defend.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Idyllic batting conditions.

So England 60-4 at lunch then?

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
I still don’t have a lot of faith in many of them to make a match winning score here. More a case of can enough of them make a pleasant 20-30 to push us up to a score we might be able to defend.
Yes, but from their points of view individually a great chance to stake a claim
A win for the Liverpool country

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yes, but from their points of view individually a great chance to stake a claim

Definitely. And I will be delighted to be proved wrong! I’ve actually completely forgotten who did what on our last tours. Burns did quite well before injury and I think Sibley and Pope showed they could have decent futures. Definitely a chance for all of them to stake a claim though. Denly is the one who really needs a score given his age, lack of big scores so far and presumably Root coming back for the next Test.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Burns looks in the mood to get the scoreboard ticking a bit quicker today
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
:lmao

Who’s the West Indian co commentator on TMS at the moment? He’s really deadpan to the point of dull, and then just announced he doesn’t like curry because it burns on the way down, and burns on the way out. :D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Definitely. And I will be delighted to be proved wrong! I’ve actually completely forgotten who did what on our last tours. Burns did quite well before injury and I think Sibley and Pope showed they could have decent futures. Definitely a chance for all of them to stake a claim though. Denly is the one who really needs a score given his age, lack of big scores so far and presumably Root coming back for the next Test.

I'd much rather Crawley made the big score and Denly was binned when Root came back. He's too old to be plodding along without doing much, whereas Crawley has got time.

Who’s the West Indian co commentator on TMS at the moment? He’s really deadpan to the point of dull, and then just announced he doesn’t like curry because it burns on the way down, and burns on the way out. :D

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Enjoying the commentary from Bishop and Holding, their accents are delightful! I feel so chilled out watching this now, very unsual for me when England are batting.

I'd love to go over to the West Indies to watch a test series, definitely on my bucket list.
 ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 12:02:26 pm by Yosser0_0 »
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Few signs the pitch is starting to play up

Problem is we’re still fifty behind

Good morning though. Nice to have it back

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan

It is Carlos Brathwaite.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rank shot from Burns brought about by a lack of concentration after such a long time out, or is it just that England players love nothing more than gifting their wickets to Chase?

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Half Century - thrown away!

:duh

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
England’s session, obviously.  Not an easy route to victory for England here though, I can’t realistically see anyone going ballistic on this pitch and getting England up to a big enough lead early enough to leave sufficient time to try and bowl West Indies out.

It’s going to take either a magic couple of hours with the bat from Stokes or Buttler later today, or a magic spell from Anderson tomorrow.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Our own slim chance of winning is to bat until lunch tomorrow and try get 250 in front.

Still you'd back WI to bat two sessions out.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Sibley, 50 and out! Shame that.

Edit - No ball!. Shame that.

;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
And out again :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Sibley, 50 and out! Shame that.

:P

Offline Breakdown

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
Atherton stitched up there ;D ;D ;D

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
 Hugh Jardon with the 6 for 9 for cockermouth

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Like dominos...
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
England more likely to win with a collapse, windies will fold chasing 200 plus in 4th innings.  Instead of batting them out the game resulting in a draw.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Hugh Jardon with the 6 for 9 for cockermouth

How did Pat McGroin bowl?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Buttler lbw overturned on review. Could be big that for England, had that been out Windies could have been through and chasing down a very getable total.

Windies still well in this match.

Edit: Gone this time.  I make Windies favourites from this position.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
How did Pat McGroin bowl?

that was probably the next tweet on the list for ath to read out.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Buttler lbw overturned on review. Could be big that for England, had that been out Windies could have been through and chasing down a very getable total.

Windies still well in this match.

or not. bowled.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
So for the first time this summer I'll say it, Buttler is not a test match batsman.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
So for the first time this summer I'll say it, Buttler is not a test match batsman.

Are you this quick off the mark when playing yourself? :D

Stokes and Crawley were looking good and had England in a strong position but with a lengthy tail we’ll struggle to get a lead of 200 from here and you have to say the Windies are favourites.

Denly looks a gonner too. Back to the Orlando Bloom lookalike promotional appearances for him. Wonder if he’s married to a poor Katy Perry-alike.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Denly is crap, I don't understand why they ever thought he was a good idea. Averages 36 and a half in first class cricket and he spent most of that playing for Kent in Division Two.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Denly is crap, I don't understand why they ever thought he was a good idea. Averages 36 and a half in first class cricket and he spent most of that playing for Kent in Division Two.

he's ed smith's mate though.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Firmly in the poo.

All the way up to their necks.

England have gone nowhere since Stokes was out. The pitch is maybe misbehaving a bit, but instead of trying to get what they can they’ve been poking and prodding, scared of getting out by playing a shot, and just waited for the one with their name on it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:58:36 pm by Kekule »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Are you this quick off the mark when playing yourself? :D

Haha absolutely not, but got to get it in whilst I can. Foakes needs to play.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
https://twitter.com/ChangeofPace414/status/1281988280213479424

Indeed. ian ward's twitter has some footage of them all pretty much falling around laughing in the massive commentary box.

https://twitter.com/WardyShorts/status/1281985776876695552

I personally think that buttler has now had enough games to show he's not really a test batsman. Get Foakes in.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:52:03 pm by voodoo ray »