Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 50582 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #80 on: March 4, 2021, 05:52:17 pm »

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #81 on: March 4, 2021, 07:38:30 pm »
Fuck you, I was quite pleased with that one! :wanker

Look what you made me do. You need to calm down. Guess everything has changed.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: April 9, 2021, 05:40:52 pm »
She's released the first of her album re-recordings today. Pretty much identical to the original, but with perhaps some cleaner production. There are also six previously unreleased songs included which are about as good as the ones that did make the album proper.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2021, 06:17:02 pm »
I found this a really good breakdown of why she is re-recording her music for those who are new to the story.

Found it interesting for the music licenses part and understanding just how much power she has taken back.

https://twitter.com/thatsmauvelous/status/1380572708879089674?s=21

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2021, 01:48:22 pm »
Willow is a great tune.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2021, 02:40:41 pm »
I found this a really good breakdown of why she is re-recording her music for those who are new to the story.

Found it interesting for the music licenses part and understanding just how much power she has taken back.

https://twitter.com/thatsmauvelous/status/1380572708879089674?s=21
An offshoot of that thread:

@JustinsBigIdea

Fun Fact: Microsoft paid for both sync + master license for "Start Me Up" from the Rolling Stones for the Windows XP. Video editor of the TV ad was a huge Stones fan, and when the licensed files were delivered to him for editing he said they weren't the masters. 1/2
Most stakeholders couldn't tell difference, the editor COULD bcuz he was a die hard. Many legal + $$$ conversations later, Mick & Keith admitted to RE-RECORDING all songs for sync requests, so to exclude the other band members from $ participation. Microsoft was 1st to call them out.

You can take the boy out of the London School of Economics, but you cant take the LSE out of the boy...
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2021, 04:11:16 pm »
An offshoot of that thread:

@JustinsBigIdea

Fun Fact: Microsoft paid for both sync + master license for "Start Me Up" from the Rolling Stones for the Windows XP. Video editor of the TV ad was a huge Stones fan, and when the licensed files were delivered to him for editing he said they weren't the masters. 1/2
Most stakeholders couldn't tell difference, the editor COULD bcuz he was a die hard. Many legal + $$$ conversations later, Mick & Keith admitted to RE-RECORDING all songs for sync requests, so to exclude the other band members from $ participation. Microsoft was 1st to call them out.

You can take the boy out of the London School of Economics, but you cant take the LSE out of the boy...

That's deffo a fun fact  :thumbup
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2021, 04:26:17 pm »
I'm not sure that's true:

https://www.bradchase.net/startmeup

They originally tried to give them a live version, yes for the royalties reason, but in the end MS got the genuine article.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2021, 04:37:16 pm »
That's brilliant, a war profiteer of the Iraq war The Carlyle Group bought out her previous label for $300 million, she re-records her debut album and plans to do more and Carlyle Group won't make a cent off her music from those 6 albums.

I applaud her, she really has her head screwed on regarding the music business.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2021, 04:59:33 pm »
That's brilliant, a war profiteer of the Iraq war The Carlyle Group bought out her previous label for $300 million, she re-records her debut album and plans to do more and Carlyle Group won't make a cent off her music from those 6 albums.

I applaud her, she really has her head screwed on regarding the music business.

They treated her like a dummy and that Scooter prick bullied and belittled her,I honestly think that they thought  they owned the rights to all of those albums not just the masters.

She even tried to do the right thing and offered to buy them,twat that he is though he just laughed,bet he's not laughing now though  ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:15:13 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2021, 03:12:11 pm »
Cracking podcast out today from Chris Molanphy

https://slate.com/podcasts/hit-parade/2021/04/taylor-swift-crossover-country-to-pop

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2021, 08:32:45 pm »

https://slate.com/podcasts/hit-parade/2021/04/taylor-swift-crossover-country-to-pop

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Enjoyed that, will look forward to the second half being released. Made me track down and watch the 2009 VMAs performance on the subway as well.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2021, 11:18:11 pm »

Taylor has topped the Fab Four by making chart history with the re-release of "Fearless." Here's the chart history part ... the album hit #1 Friday in the UK, and with that Taylor has racked up 3, number-1 albums in 259 days. The albums ... "Fearless," "Folklore" and "Evermore." The Beatles hit #1 with 3 albums in a row, but it took them 364 days.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2021, 11:26:37 pm »
Taylor has topped the Fab Four by making chart history with the re-release of "Fearless." Here's the chart history part ... the album hit #1 Friday in the UK, and with that Taylor has racked up 3, number-1 albums in 259 days. The albums ... "Fearless," "Folklore" and "Evermore." The Beatles hit #1 with 3 albums in a row, but it took them 364 days.

364 days to churn out Help, Rubber Soul and Revolver. Slackers!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2021, 11:38:06 pm »
364 days to churn out Help, Rubber Soul and Revolver. Slackers!

What happened with Sergeant Pepper's to break the sequence?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2021, 11:40:21 pm »
What happened with Sergeant Pepper's to break the sequence?

Took the lazy fuckers a whole other 9 months to get that one made.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2021, 12:29:08 am »
Taylor Swift...The songwriters John Lennon and Paul McCartney could have been.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2021, 08:23:18 am »
i'm looking forward to her pink album - now i'm saying that as a joke but someone will now tell me that she has actually done one

as an analogy - some will love her music some will not

now don't expect that everytime will yers  :wave

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 03:30:40 pm by liverbloke »
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2021, 10:14:00 am »
i'm looking forward to her pink album - now i'm saying that as a joke but someone will now tll me that she has actually done one

as an analogy - pigeons will always flock around a pile of vomit

The pigeons of RAWK voted her Album of the Year 2020.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean its shit.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2021, 12:32:23 pm »
The pigeons of RAWK voted her Album of the Year 2020.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean its shit.
Yep mate, that was quite a harsh post from lb.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2021, 02:42:20 pm »

Thoroughly enjoyable.

This was a great listen this afternoon - thanks for that! Will look forward to the second part.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2021, 03:25:25 pm »

To be known as her asterisk period.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2021, 03:25:27 pm »
i removed that - yeh maybe a bit unfair to be honest
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2021, 03:39:56 pm »
This was a great listen this afternoon - thanks for that! Will look forward to the second part.
Same :)
My 2 daughters don't like her at all, she's boss.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 1, 2021, 12:29:15 pm »

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Part 2 is available now on Spotify etc.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 2, 2021, 02:04:20 pm »
Part 2 is available now on Spotify etc.

Listened to the second episode on my walk this afternoon - thanks again for the heads up, really enjoyed that. Are there any other episodes on artists you recommend? Heard him mention a Britney Spears episode.

Also, that ‘Bridge’ episode he mentioned with the Rolling Stone journalist  - will that be available at any stage do you know?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 2, 2021, 03:41:06 pm »
Listened to the second episode on my walk this afternoon - thanks again for the heads up, really enjoyed that. Are there any other episodes on artists you recommend? Heard him mention a Britney Spears episode.

Also, that ‘Bridge’ episode he mentioned with the Rolling Stone journalist  - will that be available at any stage do you know?

I'm not sure sorry, I've only listened to those Swift ones after the recommendation on here. Probably try a few of the older ones next that take my fancy in the coming weeks though.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2021, 06:18:47 am »
Happy Red (TV) day!

About to start my 130 min walk to consume it all before work. And pop to my local Starbucks for my Taylor latte - a little collab they are doing for the Red re-release this weekend!

Folklore has/had (maybe Evermore too) really threatened to pip Red as my #1 Swift album but I expect that to be put to bed today.

Red was the album that got me hooked on Taylor Swift, Red was the first tour I went to so I am really looking forward to this. Trying not to read anything, just going to head out and start at at track #1 and enjoy it!

Fully expect to be broken by the end of it. Not sure how I will cope with 10 mins of All Too Well… might need to time it back home for that one. And Ronan.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2021, 06:55:48 am »
Someone (wasn’t me) named her in the Overrated thread. And Declan Rice.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2021, 10:31:54 am »
Someone (wasn’t me) named her in the Overrated thread. And Declan Rice.
Swift has a much more extensive track record of performing at a high level than Rice.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2021, 10:33:00 am »
Swift has a much more extensive track record of performing at a high level than Rice.

But can she create a decent duet with Kalvin Phillips?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2021, 10:45:45 am »
But can she create a decent duet with Kalvin Phillips?
She's managed to work with notorious dickhead Brendan Urie so I'd imagine she'd give it a good go.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2021, 11:08:24 am »
She's managed to work with notorious dickhead Brendan Urie so I'd imagine she'd give it a good go.

How would Rice and Phillips fare against Pjanic next to Isco?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2021, 11:15:51 am »
How would Rice and Phillips fare against Pjanic next to Isco?
Well, imagine...

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2021, 11:23:16 am »

I wonder which one has been pilau'd more.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2021, 11:26:33 am »
I wonder which one has been pilau'd more.

:lmao

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2021, 04:27:34 pm »
Happy Red (TV) day!

About to start my 130 min walk to consume it all before work. And pop to my local Starbucks for my Taylor latte - a little collab they are doing for the Red re-release this weekend!

Folklore has/had (maybe Evermore too) really threatened to pip Red as my #1 Swift album but I expect that to be put to bed today.

Red was the album that got me hooked on Taylor Swift, Red was the first tour I went to so I am really looking forward to this. Trying not to read anything, just going to head out and start at at track #1 and enjoy it!

Fully expect to be broken by the end of it. Not sure how I will cope with 10 mins of All Too Well… might need to time it back home for that one. And Ronan.

Looking forward to listening to Red, never heard it before. I’ve listened to everything from 1989 on and don’t think there’s a bad album. But am waiting for the Taylor versions of all the earlier ones, really enjoyed Fearless when that was released earlier this year again. 2 or 3 great songs on it and a really good album.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2021, 04:31:52 pm »
Jesus Christ Duvva take that Taylor poster down off your bedroom wall.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2021, 04:38:54 pm »

Duvva's bedroom wall has been like something out of the Shawshank Redemption

Madonna
Alanis Morissette
Avril Lavigne
Katy Perry
Taylor Swift

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2021, 04:44:17 pm »
Duvva's bedroom wall has been like something out of the Shawshank Redemption

Madonna
Alanis Morissette
Avril Lavigne
Katy Perry

Taylor Swift
:lmao :lmao

I don’t own an album by those others, actually I did have Jagged Little Pill but then I think everyone did when it came out!

Taylor’s a cut above the rest of them lads, you need to let her in and enrich your lives

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp