Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2786470 times)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #30960 on: January 25, 2023, 03:46:58 pm »
Went to see E.T. there. My first ever trip to the cinema I think. :D

What movie did you watch

:D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #30961 on: January 25, 2023, 03:49:44 pm »
Debbie Does Dallas

or

Rita Sue and Bob too

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #30962 on: January 25, 2023, 04:13:41 pm »
;D

Its just north of Liverpool, its most famous thing is the Gormley statues on the beach and some players live there I think, I think I've read Carra lives out that way.
Yes, Carragher lives there. Loads of players have, including Gerrard, McManaman, Fowler, Henchoz. Andy Carroll  :-X Tommy Smith. Ancelotti lived there when he was taking the Bitters for millions.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:19:49 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30963 on: January 25, 2023, 04:19:05 pm »
Kirkby baths were brilliant too, same thing, kids pool, great big main pool and a 3 board diving pool. Think we used to do Crosby just to have a day out
Crosby baths were a great day out. Great location right next to the beach. Demolished and replaced years ago now. The new pool is smaller and the building looks like a big UFO, so makes a great picture if you use it as a backdrop to one of the iron men. Like something out of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30964 on: January 25, 2023, 05:49:44 pm »
Crosby baths were a great day out. Great location right next to the beach. Demolished and replaced years ago now. The new pool is smaller and the building looks like a big UFO, so makes a great picture if you use it as a backdrop to one of the iron men. Like something out of 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'.

Just Googled that, fuck that is one ugly building.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30965 on: January 25, 2023, 06:05:35 pm »
Rita Sue and Bob too

I remember that was on telly a few years ago and the next day in work one of the older lads asked this young lad "did you see Rita Sue and Bob Too last night?" Young fella said "no, didn't even see the first one"

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #30966 on: January 25, 2023, 06:06:56 pm »
And home to West Lancs golf course.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30967 on: January 25, 2023, 06:13:12 pm »
Just Googled that, fuck that is one ugly building.

The new, UFO one? https://www.flickr.com/photos/pauls_web_pics/10875733526/in/photostream/

Mind you, the original was a crumbling eyesore. The sea air absolutely ravaged it.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30968 on: January 25, 2023, 06:14:17 pm »
It's a shame LCC couldn't keep up with maintance and running costs of these great pools. What happened to Woolton Baths is a bit of a mystery, locals raised thousands of pounds for filters to help get it reopened.

Then out of the blue, without public consultation LCC put the building up for sale. Last I heard under the 'freedom of information act' people, rightly want answers to how this sale process came about and what happened to funds raised by members of the public to keep the pool open.
Was Chippy Tits the Mayor then? ::)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30969 on: January 26, 2023, 09:05:11 am »
;D

Its just north of Liverpool, its most famous thing is the Gormley statues on the beach and some players live there I think, I think I've read Carra lives out that way.
the baths --- don't forget the baths!!

edit:  oops.  you didn't.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:08:11 am by SamLad »

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #30970 on: January 26, 2023, 09:25:18 am »
It's got the fantastic Crosby Plaza Cinema too, proper old school Indepenent Flicks.. Cheap to get in, free parking right outside, best Cinema (after The Woolton!) on Merseyside.

Woolton Cinema been boarded up for two years now sadly. This also despite some local fundraising. Great place that will degenerate until it has to be demolished and no doubt fancy apartments built in its place.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30971 on: January 26, 2023, 09:35:01 am »
The new, UFO one? https://www.flickr.com/photos/pauls_web_pics/10875733526/in/photostream/

Mind you, the original was a crumbling eyesore. The sea air absolutely ravaged it.

Mars Attacks :lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30972 on: January 26, 2023, 09:41:25 am »

Woolton Cinema been boarded up for two years now sadly. This also despite some local fundraising. Great place that will degenerate until it has to be demolished and no doubt fancy apartments built in its place.
Supposedly reopens spring of this year so fingers crossed.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30973 on: January 26, 2023, 10:03:36 am »
;D ;D
Bloody Hell. Go on the City thread and there's a big discussion on a North Liverpool suburb.
Old Crosby baths was great, but if I remember there was a bit of a scandal about the quality of the building. They used the wrong concrete and it couldn't cope with the sea air, which is why they knocked it down. It lasted for less than 35 years.

That's the thing about building down there, you can't skimp on the materials. You need the quality to cope with the conditions. Meanwhile, 4 miles north....

Edit: South. Got my Geography wrong there
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:41:48 pm by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30974 on: January 26, 2023, 11:12:17 am »
Crosby is a lot more interesting and honest than Abu Dhabi Sportswashers

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30975 on: January 26, 2023, 12:00:09 pm »
City could win the next 15 titles and it’ll be less interesting than learning about Crosby in the north of Liverpool!

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30976 on: January 26, 2023, 12:54:46 pm »
;D ;D
Bloody Hell. Go on the City thread and there's a big discussion on a North Liverpool suburb.
Old Crosby baths was great, but if I remember there was a bit of a scandal about the quality of the building. They used the wrong concrete and it couldn't cope with the sea air, which is why they knocked it down. It lasted for less than 35 years.

That's the thing about building down there, you can't skimp on the materials. You need the quality to cope with the conditions. Meanwhile, 4 miles north....
By talking about Crosby and the baths the quality of the subject matter of the thread has jumped fifty fold.  :D

You're right about materials. A few developments on the coast there have had problems. The flats built on the site of the old Seapoint mansion were letting water in. It even got on Granada Reports if I remember correctly. They changed the name of the development after the problems were finally sorted out.

Also, two new build closes off Burbo Bank Road had shite pointing and virtually all of them have had to be redone by the people who bought them. The wind and sea air just stripped the pointing out.

I'd comment on Abu Dhabi but there's nothing much to say other than they're still a bunch of sportswashing cheats.  :wave

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30977 on: January 26, 2023, 01:44:15 pm »
By talking about Crosby and the baths the quality of the subject matter of the thread has jumped fifty fold.  :D

You're right about materials. A few developments on the coast there have had problems. The flats built on the site of the old Seapoint mansion were letting water in. It even got on Granada Reports if I remember correctly. They changed the name of the development after the problems were finally sorted out.

Also, two new build closes off Burbo Bank Road had shite pointing and virtually all of them have had to be redone by the people who bought them. The wind and sea air just stripped the pointing out.

I'd comment on Abu Dhabi but there's nothing much to say other than they're still a bunch of sportswashing cheats.  :wave
Lets just hope they don't skimp on the materials further down the coast! Where's the weatherproofing money Bill?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30978 on: January 26, 2023, 02:27:05 pm »
Satterthwaites does some lovely bakes. Always call in when I'm in Crosby.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30979 on: January 26, 2023, 02:29:59 pm »
Satterthwaites does some lovely bakes. Always call in when I'm in Crosby.

Now we’re talking.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30980 on: January 26, 2023, 02:31:44 pm »
Now we’re talking.

I know you probably got excited at the thought of a pork pie, but by being first to reply it made my post awfully suspicious when reading back.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30981 on: January 26, 2023, 03:16:16 pm »
I know you probably got excited at the thought of a pork pie, but by being first to reply it made my post awfully suspicious when reading back.

:lmao

Got to keep those energy levels up.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30982 on: January 26, 2023, 03:21:55 pm »

:lmao

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #30983 on: January 30, 2023, 12:17:49 pm »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #30984 on: January 30, 2023, 12:18:51 pm »
They have that kid who came through and looks good too, might have played a part.  Silva might be getting more antsy for Barca if he sees that someone else has got away pretty easily.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30985 on: January 30, 2023, 12:19:28 pm »
Couldn’t they have imploded v us

Fuck sake

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #30986 on: January 30, 2023, 12:27:01 pm »
They have that kid who came through and looks good too, might have played a part.  Silva might be getting more antsy for Barca if he sees that someone else has got away pretty easily.
Not sure why this myth perpetuates, that somehow City hold their top players hostage at gunpoint. They only retain the vast majority due to the insane amount of money they pay them under the table separate from the normal salary/bonus structure. If that c*nt Silva really wanted to leave at any point, he was perfectly free and able to do so. Greed and patience.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30987 on: January 30, 2023, 12:28:58 pm »
If they're letting Cancelo go Rico Suave Lewis must've really impressed Guardiola,or they have another fb transfer in the pipe for a typical £50-60m.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30988 on: January 30, 2023, 12:29:03 pm »
Cancelo to Bayern???

He must’ve  fallen out with pep

https://theathletic.com/4138015/2023/01/30/joao-cancelo-bayern-munich-manchester-city/

Who's going to be their next £80m full back in the summer then? Alphonso Davies?

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30989 on: January 30, 2023, 12:32:35 pm »
Not sure why this myth perpetuates, that somehow City hold their top players hostage at gunpoint. They only retain the vast majority due to the insane amount of money they pay them under the table separate from the normal salary/bonus structure. If that c*nt Silva really wanted to leave at any point, he was perfectly free and able to do so. Greed and patience.

I know City have some weird ways about them but isn't Silva under contract there. Think it would be the first time we've ever seen a player join a new team while still under contract with no bid from the buying club :lmao

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30990 on: January 30, 2023, 12:33:34 pm »

He still has a contract, though.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #30991 on: January 30, 2023, 12:38:43 pm »

Fuck sake
Part of the reason they’ve imploded is precisely because it’s not us they’re up against. Guardiola, the players, the fans…it matters more to all of them when it’s Liverpool. United are the only other club in the league that inspire a similar hatred across other teams. Besides Spurs nobody hates Arsenal.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30992 on: January 30, 2023, 12:39:27 pm »
He still has a contract, though.
Which he can effectively terminate if he wants out. Players have the power now not clubs. Caicedo being the most current high profile example.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30993 on: January 30, 2023, 12:41:18 pm »
The only reason Silva isn't playing for Barcelona now is due to their financial lever jiggery-pokery.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #30994 on: January 30, 2023, 12:42:21 pm »

Fuck sake

Aren’t they still in the title race ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #30995 on: January 30, 2023, 01:04:34 pm »
If they're letting Cancelo go Rico Suave Lewis must've really impressed Guardiola,or they have another fb transfer in the pipe for a typical £50-60m.
Rico Lewis must be an amazing player, it'll be fascinating to see how he progresses in the next few years*

*Looks great in 5-0 wins against Southampton, good overall for the next two years, then hits a plateau before Guardiola bombs him out for no discernible reason.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30996 on: January 30, 2023, 01:29:02 pm »
There has to be some problems  in that locker room.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30997 on: January 30, 2023, 02:28:24 pm »
Part of the reason they’ve imploded is precisely because it’s not us they’re up against. Guardiola, the players, the fans…it matters more to all of them when it’s Liverpool. United are the only other club in the league that inspire a similar hatred across other teams. Besides Spurs nobody hates Arsenal.

Spot on

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30998 on: January 30, 2023, 02:48:57 pm »
There has to be some problems  in that locker room.

Possibly as Pep sets very high standards and they might think he is harsh.

Lets be honest he dont have to suffer much as by summer he'll get another £200m to spend.

Wouldnt shock me to see Silva leave and Bellingham join them.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30999 on: January 30, 2023, 02:53:13 pm »
Which he can effectively terminate if he wants out. Players have the power now not clubs. Caicedo being the most current high profile example.

I guess we'll see if Brighton end up selling.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."