Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 149110 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #40 on: December 9, 2018, 01:15:49 pm »
All of that is pretty irrelevant

You're missing the key point in that racist people dont view things with common sense

I'm not missing any point, they aren't just racist, they are also hypocritical dumb c*nts. Traveling to Paris to support Drogba and the rest, while they were chanting "we're racist and that's the way we like it", shows how pathetic they are.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: December 9, 2018, 01:22:48 pm »
I'm not missing any point, they aren't just racist, they are also hypocritical dumb c*nts. Traveling to Paris to support Drogba and the rest, while they were chanting "we're racist and that's the way we like it", shows how pathetic they are.
I get ya, apologies mate, I missed the last bit of your post. Agree wholeheartedly its pathetic

Credit to Sterling, suprised he's bitten his tongue for so long to be honest as the articles have been ongoing. Its something as a black football fan I can't ever see changing if i'm honest. Its widespread

I rarely hear mention of black players intellegence in the game, reading of the game etc. Its always how athletic and strong they are. UEFA have their token punishment for racist activity from fans with the fine and no fans for the next game. Obviously you can control individuals but you can largely affect more widespread problems. Brewsters a great example, look how much he has spoken out and its pretty much all been swept under the carpet and forgotten about

Sterling himself has now commented on it which clears it up for me... and yet its still 'was it this or this'. Its not hard to tell the difference between hearing someone call you manc and calling you black

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #42 on: December 9, 2018, 01:26:24 pm »
Because of that racist dickhead,  instead of everyone talking about a fantastic win over the current reigning champions, everyone is talking about this instead. If I was a Chelsea player, I'd be furious with him.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 9, 2018, 01:39:29 pm »
I get ya, apologies mate, I missed the last bit of your post. Agree wholeheartedly its pathetic

Credit to Sterling, suprised he's bitten his tongue for so long to be honest as the articles have been ongoing. Its something as a black football fan I can't ever see changing if i'm honest. Its widespread

I rarely hear mention of black players intellegence in the game, reading of the game etc. Its always how athletic and strong they are. UEFA have their token punishment for racist activity from fans with the fine and no fans for the next game. Obviously you can control individuals but you can largely affect more widespread problems. Brewsters a great example, look how much he has spoken out and its pretty much all been swept under the carpet and forgotten about

Sterling himself has now commented on it which clears it up for me... and yet its still 'was it this or this'. Its not hard to tell the difference between hearing someone call you manc and calling you black

Is this bit really true anymore? I'll be honest, I don't even notice the colour of a players skin anymore, things are a lot different since the days of Howard Gayle and John Barnes when having black players was a big deal of. I'm thinking of the players who are lauded for their game intelligence and reading as well as how strong or fast they are, players like Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Naby, Mo, Sadio, Ox, Gomez, Virgil, Gini, Kante etc etc spring to mind.

As for UEFA, they are just a disgusting bunch of c*nts. If they were serious about ridding football of racism, they would clamp down on the worst offenders. Put enough pressure on the relevant FA's and the money would be found to fund the investigations to arrest the offenders.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 9, 2018, 01:39:35 pm »
I don't like Sterling, he's a shithouse, but no one should be expected to put up with abuse of this nature, and if you think racism is bad, wait until the first high profile footballer comes out as gay, on mainland Europe it would be OK, but the closed mindset of some "supporters" in England would make it unbearable, good luck to whoever it is.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 9, 2018, 01:41:40 pm »
Is this bit really true anymore? I'll be honest, I don't even notice the colour of a players skin anymore, things are a lot different since the days of Howard Gayle and John Barnes when having black players was a big deal of. I'm thinking of the players who are lauded for their game intelligence and reading as well as how strong or fast they are, players like Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Naby, Mo, Sadio, Ox, Gomez, Virgil, Gini, Kante etc etc spring to mind.

As for UEFA, they are just a disgusting bunch of c*nts. If they were serious about ridding football of racism, they would clamp down on the worst offenders. Put enough pressure on the relevant FA's and the money would be found to fund the investigations to arrest the offenders.

It 100% is in my opinion

I still don't really hear it often at all

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #46 on: December 9, 2018, 01:54:41 pm »
Is this bit really true anymore? I'll be honest, I don't even notice the colour of a players skin anymore

A lot of people aren't as enlightened mate. At Sunday League this morning I heard the following:
Spoiler
Chink, Paki, Nigger, Wog, rainbow team, black bastard and a few others to boot.
[close]

And one of our lads left last week and in the whatsapp group he said it was cos he was going home to sort his mental health out. Loads of comments today about "Player X can't be here today 'cos hes stuck in the rafters" etc

Then I heard comments about how their black winger was supposed to be fast because he's black, and when one of our players did a knee high tackle on the player who I think was Chinese, someone said "thats 'cos he brought him beef chow mein last night when he wanted chicken".

It's completely normal to some people, they're absolute Neanderthals. I don't know if it's the primal nature of football or if it's just that society isn't as nice as we'd like to think it is, but it's sickening and it's nowhere near close to being dealt with.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2018, 02:16:08 pm by Jake »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #47 on: December 9, 2018, 02:00:36 pm »
Fans racially abusing black players when their own team is full of them. The stupidity of people.
And a black lad literally next to them in the crowd, unbelievable.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #48 on: December 9, 2018, 02:03:22 pm »
Doesn't to me. Looks very much like he's saying "you fucking black caaaaarrrrnnnttt" to me.
Watched it again and still think it’s manc. Time will tell.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 9, 2018, 02:06:28 pm »

Sterling has confirmed it was racist abuse..
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 9, 2018, 02:09:04 pm »

He is never saying manc in a million years mate. Sterling has confirmed what he said anyway. I hope they throw the book at the old caaaaarrrrnnnnttt...
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: December 9, 2018, 02:11:41 pm »

Its been confirmed already, it was clear from the start

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 9, 2018, 02:15:08 pm »
And a black lad literally next to them in the crowd, unbelievable.

They're Chelsea fans, the ones most likely to engage in this kind of behaviour and in the current climate, with UKIP, Brexit and Trump around, it seems some people feel more confident to behave like that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #53 on: December 9, 2018, 02:20:36 pm »
A lot of people aren't as enlightened mate. At Sunday League this morning I heard the following: Chink, Paki, Nigger, Wog, rainbow team, black bastard and a few others to boot.

And one of our lads left last week and in the whatsapp group he said it was cos he was going home to sort his mental health out. Loads of comments today about "Player X can't be here today 'cos hes stuck in the rafters" etc

Then I heard comments about how their black winger was supposed to be fast because he's black, and when one of our players did a knee high tackle on the player who I think was Chinese, someone said "thats 'cos he brought him beef chow mein last night when he wanted chicken".

It's completely normal to some people, they're absolute Neanderthals. I don't know if it's the primal nature of football or if it's just that society isn't as nice as we'd like to think it is, but it's sickening and it's nowhere near close to being dealt with.

It's as much about us as a society now it prevelent everywhere its being fuelled by extremeists. You only have to look at the likes to Tommy Robinson, the Brexit nonsense to know that these people are almost encouraging others to treat immigrants as the cause of all the countries problems. Rascism has never gone away in some communities it is a disease, but some families are brought up on this horrible notion that black people are not British, despite having been born here. It completely disgusting and it has been tolerated and used by the right wing of the media to further their own ambitions. This country is seriously fucked up right now. Full credit to Sterling for having the balls to make a mention of this.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jaz

• Main Stander
« Reply #54 on: December 9, 2018, 02:22:55 pm »

I know you mean well but a big part of why you won't hear about racism as much as it happens, is that it's not just the racists we have to worry about. It's the vast majority of ordinary people like you who outnumber those racists coming in and acting like racism is some quirky historic thing that happened in the past.

Better for us to just stay quiet a lot of the time.

Martin Luther King talked about a similar concept in his "letter from Birmingham jail".

Anfield is a nice and accepting ground, and amongst Asians I know it has a reputation as being welcoming. There are football grounds we won't go to though or especially not in any kind of family context with kids etc.

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #55 on: December 9, 2018, 02:24:58 pm »
He is never saying manc in a million years mate. Sterling has confirmed what he said anyway. I hope they throw the book at the old caaaaarrrrnnnnttt...
There still needs to be an investigation though. A bit like Suarez and Evra, ‘he used racist language/no I didn’t.’ 40000 people going crazy, loads of noise; it will be one man’s word against another and if we’re going off the tv clip, then it’s going to be hard to prove. Regardless, the bloke is obviously the dregs of society, the complete anger in his face and his language in general are scary, particularly in an environment that is supposed to be welcoming to children.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 9, 2018, 02:29:49 pm »
There still needs to be an investigation though. A bit like Suarez and Evra, ‘he used racist language/no I didn’t.’ 40000 people going crazy, loads of noise; it will be one man’s word against another and if we’re going off the tv clip, then it’s going to be hard to prove. Regardless, the bloke is obviously the dregs of society, the complete anger in his face and his language in general are scary, particularly in an environment that is supposed to be welcoming to children.

The bloke was screaming at Sterling from a couple of yards away. Raheem would have heard every word of that. Sterling has already confirmed he was racially abused. The bloke is already under investigation by the Met Police and Chelsea Football Club. It's not looking good for him as it is CLEAR what he said. He said "you fucking black c*nt".

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 9, 2018, 02:32:34 pm »

Sterling heard him. There likely was loads of noise, but he's right next to him fucking screaming straight at him, he heard it and he has absolutely no reason to lie about it. What would he gain?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 9, 2018, 02:32:37 pm »
Fair play to Sterling calling out newspapers on it. That stupid gun tattoo thing by that paper was usually ridiculous.

Lad is spot on about the way they treat the stories if the player is white.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 9, 2018, 02:34:46 pm »
Sterling heard him. There likely was loads of noise, but he's right next to him fucking screaming straight at him, he heard it and he has absolutely no reason to lie about it. What would he gain?

Exactly. Its not like Evra and Suarez, were Evra and Man Utd knew getting Suarez banned would do a great deal of damage to us on the pitch and our reputation off it. This is just some racist Chelsea gobshite in the crowd.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 9, 2018, 02:37:09 pm »
Sterling has confirmed it was racist abuse..

to be honest, Holgate said the same about Firmino, but it turned out it wasn't anything racist. So it's not always the case. Don't get me wrong, i do believe that they are bunch of racist c*nts, but innocent until guilty and all that.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #61 on: December 9, 2018, 02:37:33 pm »
Fair point although I didn’t say Sterling was lying.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 9, 2018, 02:38:06 pm »
Exactly. Its not like Evra and Suarez, were Evra and Man Utd knew getting Suarez banned would do a great deal of damage to us on the pitch and our reputation off it. This is just some racist Chelsea gobshite in the crowd.

It makes my blood boil mate.

I can deal with it when i get it as its in an isolated place and i'm 29 now, i've had it ever since I can remember. I can't imagine getting it infront of thousands when you are trying to do your job, holding your nerve when a fan is screaming racist abuse at you must take some doing. Its bad enough trying in a sunday league game where you play for enjoyment

As I said above, I don't think it will ever change

Fair point although I didn’t say Sterling was lying.

Nah i'm not saying you did but personally I can't stand the whole 'one mans word against anothers thing'. There's footage of it, Sterlings confirmed it... what more can there be and should there need to be?

Maybe being OTT because i've experienced it myself on a personal level but I couldn't fucking care less what the blokes got to say for himself and it irritates me some (not you at all) are still trying to defend him and say 'but maybe...'
« Last Edit: December 9, 2018, 02:41:34 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 9, 2018, 02:42:24 pm »
to be honest, Holgate said the same about Firmino, but it turned out it wasn't anything racist. So it's not always the case. Don't get me wrong, i do believe that they are bunch of racist c*nts, but innocent until guilty and all that.

That's a player trying to get another player from an arch rival in trouble and ruin their season. Same with Suarez and Evra. That last night was totally different. If Sterling has confirmed he was racially abused by that Chelsea fan. I believe him, because he has nothing to gain by lying about it. It's clear as day what that racist shithouse said anyway.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 9, 2018, 02:44:45 pm »
Paul Canoville. Anyone who went to watch us at the Bridge in the 1980s will know what I mean. Monkey chants from the home supporters every time he got the ball. This lot have a long tradition of out and proud racism.

I've seen and heard some vile stuff from our lot too. Blackburn away 2011 comes to mind, while Diouf was giving it large to the away end a fair amount of racist comments was hurled his way.  After that game, and 60+ year old woman confronted a bunch of scouse lads in a coach car park calling out them for racists taunts and chants during the game.

It's not a us vs them thing, it's a society thing.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 9, 2018, 02:45:54 pm »

He'd just stupidly commited a red card offence, Firmino wasn't even speaking english, there was footage confirming it instantly, he gains something from Firmino getting in trouble

None of this applies to this. Its a case by case thing, in this case... again Sterling has nothing to gain by lying. You look at his statement and you can clearly see he did exactly what he says, he just laughed. I've done the same, because its insane it still happens and its a shitty shitty feeling

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #66 on: December 9, 2018, 02:48:30 pm »
It makes my blood boil mate.

I can deal with it when i get it as its in an isolated place and i'm 29 now, i've had it ever since I can remember. I can't imagine getting it infront of thousands when you are trying to do your job, holding your nerve when a fan is screaming racist abuse at you must take some doing. Its bad enough trying in a sunday league game where you play for enjoyment

As I said above, I don't think it will ever change

Nah i'm not saying you did but personally I can't stand the whole 'one mans word against anothers thing'. There's footage of it, Sterlings confirmed it... what more can there be and should there need to be?

Maybe being OTT because i've experienced it myself on a personal level but I couldn't fucking care less what the blokes got to say for himself and it irritates me some (not you at all) are still trying to defend him and say 'but maybe...'
And that’s fucking disgusting that you should have to experience that, absolutely unforgivable. God no, in no way am I defending him, he’s a prick, lowest of the low. My point is, that this will likely come down to a lip reader making the overall decision and I personally don’t think the evidence is clear enough, regardless of the fact that this twat is undoubtedly national front. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets off with it.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 9, 2018, 03:00:03 pm »
And that’s fucking disgusting that you should have to experience that, absolutely unforgivable. God no, in no way am I defending him, he’s a prick, lowest of the low. My point is, that this will likely come down to a lip reader making the overall decision and I personally don’t think the evidence is clear enough, regardless of the fact that this twat is undoubtedly national front. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets off with it.

I see what you mean mate and you're likely correct, I think that's how they will judge it.

The whole way of thinking just baffles me, the whole thing with the poor guy in france at the metro station some time ago left me feeling so disgusted with football and people. Its mad these people will hide their views as well, he'll likely deny it and claim something completely different was said.

These people should be named and shamed for me, i'm sure a guy confronted Sterling at training and hurled racist abuse at him but i've never seen who it was. People like this feel okay to do these things but then they are protected from being exposed for what they are. I just draw attention to people when they do it to me, i'd rather do that than give them what they want (swing for them or show that it makes me feel shit). Last time it happened was on a night out and I started laughing in the lads face and clapped, he didn't have a clue what to do and before long people around me joined in and he scurried away. Might not be the right thing to do but if you tell someone wherever you are, sometimes nothing is done and sometimes nothing can be done

I have a huge amount of respect for Sterling for him speaking out on this and for all those who have done it before and will do in the future

Online BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #68 on: December 9, 2018, 03:10:48 pm »
I see what you mean mate and you're likely correct, I think that's how they will judge it.

The whole way of thinking just baffles me, the whole thing with the poor guy in france at the metro station some time ago left me feeling so disgusted with football and people. Its mad these people will hide their views as well, he'll likely deny it and claim something completely different was said.

These people should be named and shamed for me, i'm sure a guy confronted Sterling at training and hurled racist abuse at him but i've never seen who it was. People like this feel okay to do these things but then they are protected from being exposed for what they are. I just draw attention to people when they do it to me, i'd rather do that than give them what they want (swing for them or show that it makes me feel shit). Last time it happened was on a night out and I started laughing in the lads face and clapped, he didn't have a clue what to do and before long people around me joined in and he scurried away. Might not be the right thing to do but if you tell someone wherever you are, sometimes nothing is done and sometimes nothing can be done

I have a huge amount of respect for Sterling for him speaking out on this and for all those who have done it before and will do in the future
It’s a joke, complete joke. I’ve only ever experienced it through casual racism when I was with a Nigerian mate in Spain and barstaff joked about charging him more for drinks and kept him waiting longer than usual to get served. It was uncomfortable so I’ve no idea how you’ve put up with it directly for years, baffling what goes through their minds.
Another problem with the Sterling case is the closest witnesses to the offender are the three lovely chaps to his left.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 9, 2018, 03:11:52 pm »
What I don’t understand is that that kind of behavior is acceptable at Stamford Bridge. If someone would do that at Anfield, OT or the Emirates I’m sure that they would leave the stadium in a police car or an ambulance.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 9, 2018, 03:16:11 pm »
Twitter nobheads trying to blame LFC for the reason Raheem has been treated differently in the media and why he gets so much abuse. :butt Sad to say certain Liverpool 'fans' have been spreading this bollocks all over twitter as well. :(
« Last Edit: December 9, 2018, 03:18:02 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #71 on: December 9, 2018, 03:18:29 pm »
Twitter nobheads trying to blame LFC for reason Raheem has been treated differently in the media and why he gets so much abuse. :butt Sad to say certain Liverpool 'fans' have been spreading this bollocks all over twitter as well. :(

And I've pointed out that our booing him hasn't helped. Nothing to do with racism, just raising the level of public condemnation of him, admittedly for greed, but that will be used to justify more abuse.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 9, 2018, 03:23:21 pm »
And I've pointed out that our booing him hasn't helped. Nothing to do with racism, just raising the level of public condemnation of him, admittedly for greed, but that will be used to justify more abuse.

Rubbish. Not sure why you are so determined to keep bringing us in to it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 9, 2018, 03:23:54 pm »

We shouldn't be getting blamed for it though mate.

And personally, from a purely a footballing standpoint, I don't see a problem with our fans booing him. Certainly seems to do the trick, because I haven't seen him have a good game against us yet.

Offline losCHUNK

• Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: December 9, 2018, 03:27:37 pm »
What I don’t understand is that that kind of behavior is acceptable at Stamford Bridge. If someone would do that at Anfield, OT or the Emirates I’m sure that they would leave the stadium in a police car or an ambulance.

I think a lot of people don't wanna escalate it.  I dont like to think its common place but a few of my mates have ran into more than a few problems and they (mostly) just let the twat show themselves up.  Im Welsh and I had some guy ranting on the bus about how were thieving gits and can never trust them (I moved his bag), if I opened my mouth there'd be a police car and lengthy statements.  You cant reason with shit like that.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 9, 2018, 03:30:19 pm »
It’s a joke, complete joke. I’ve only ever experienced it through casual racism when I was with a Nigerian mate in Spain and barstaff joked about charging him more for drinks and kept him waiting longer than usual to get served. It was uncomfortable so I’ve no idea how you’ve put up with it directly for years, baffling what goes through their minds.
Another problem with the Sterling case is the closest witnesses to the offender are the three lovely chaps to his left.

I find it mad there are some people who think that way, some peoples explanations only make it worse and its a large part of the reason i only browse social media like twitter, some of the stuff you see on there is despicable and its terrifying what some will say when they think no one can find them.

The worrying thing for me is that outside elements seem to dictate how these things are handled. For me if you say something racist on those kinds of platforms you should be banned for life, same for doing it at a game of football or other places. Its become more and more common for things that are distinctly wrong to be defended with 'everyone makes mistakes'. Social media and gaming is huge right now and I regularly see hugely popular gamers say the N word, offer the generic apology and continue to be able to stream games/make youtube videos, make huge piles of money for it and have thousands if not millions of young easily influenced kids and young adults follow them and defend their mistakes with the same 'everyone makes mistakes' stuff. Money seems to be a big thing for large companies dealing with these kinds of things and that something like that is even a consideration when racism is the issue at hand is frightening

What hope does someone like Brewster have when UEFA meet his courage of standing up for what's right with pathetic shit like a fine and playing infront of less fans.

Again maybe my view of this stuff is exaggerated and too harsh to some but i believe in zero tolerance for it all. There's no excusing it for me, people do make mistakes but people are also in control of what they say and do. I see stuff like this Sterling incident and think what must someone like Drogba think or even current players like Willian? Do these same fans cheer when he scores?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 9, 2018, 03:33:40 pm »
Makes me feel a bit uneasy that Evra has chirped in on all this. A guy who not once but twice falsely accused someone of racially abusing him. >:(

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #77 on: December 9, 2018, 03:33:57 pm »
Rubbish. Not sure why you are so determined to keep bringing us in to it.

Because I think booing hom after this length of time is a bit childish. Nothing to do with his skin colour and I get that he and his agent acted like pricks but how long ago was it?

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 9, 2018, 03:35:28 pm »

It’s part and parcel of football fans to do that to someone who has left them in such circumstances, especially when leaving for a rival. Just like when someone plays against you that used to play for a rival. It has nothing to do with colour and if it raises the public condemnation of him, then it would do likewise if Emre Can or whoever left for them. We believe that he left for money, and any footballer going to play for a club like that shouldn’t be respected in my eyes, so any public condemnation for that is justified

We will continue to do it, because it clearly affects his game and helps us out.

There is a difference between booing someone when they touch the ball and abusing them when they are two yards away.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 9, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »
Because I think booing hom after this length of time is a bit childish. Nothing to do with his skin colour and I get that he and his agent acted like pricks but how long ago was it?

The treatment he gets when he visits Anfield clearly bothers him to the extent he's never been at his brilliant best. Childish or not, that's a definite plus for us mate. Because he can be devasting when he's on form.