Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League  (Read 286906 times)

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
Re: Fantasy Premier League
« Reply #5760 on: December 14, 2022, 12:09:33 pm »
Anybody used the unlimited transfers yet.. I've not even picked up the app over the break.. will probably look into it next week when we know who's injured after the world cup
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5761 on: December 14, 2022, 03:06:08 pm »
Well Gabriel Jesus is out for a while so remove him
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5762 on: December 23, 2022, 12:05:31 am »
So, anyone making bold moves for the restart? I just made wholesale changes but what I'm left with is still quite a lot of popular choices. Only players I have with <10% teams selected by are:

Arrizabalaga - 4.4m (2.9%) - very cheap for a Chelsea starter, but Chelsea aren't up to much lately. Might promote Ward (29.9%) for the short-term since Leicester were defending well since Faes found his feet.
Botman - 4.4m (3.2%) - adding him to Schar, who would ever have imagined having two Newcastle defenders in their squad, let alone first XI? Fucking sportswashers.
Solanke - 5.8m (6.5%) - people are gradually warming to him, but he's still flying under the radar. 7th best forward in the game, only 4 points behind the far more popular Mitrovic (6.8m).
Summerville - 4.4m (1.3%) - scored in four straight before the break, yet still going largely ignored despite basement price... expect to see those figures rise towards the deadline
Perraud - 4.4m (0.7%) - hard to put too much stock in a Southampton defender, but he has good attacking numbers and maybe the new coach will help them add to their solitary clean sheet this season

Feels like I need to do more, but keep in mind there's now a "second chance" league starting on Boxing Day, running alongside the regular league, in which I'm already miles off the pace.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5763 on: December 23, 2022, 12:31:26 pm »
I'm well off the pace in my league so need to gamble really. I imagine most teams will have Salah and Haaland (no brainer, should be fresh and get big numbers) Kane and KDB will also flood people's teams.

After that it will be interesting to see if some of the in form players before the break who were reasonably cheap can keep it up (Almiron, Martinelli, Gross).

City's fixtures look very good indeed. Next two are Leeds away and Everton home - you'd be a brave person not to go Haaland captain.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #5764 on: December 25, 2022, 06:43:18 pm »
Bizzare im about 4 mlllionth and yet i cant find a change i want.  ;D

Greenwood and Archer are my bench minimums and they lost money so stuck there, nico williams my 3rd guy with ward the goalie so that's fine,  and everybody else is who i want. Trents down a few bucks so i cant sell him/dont want to. Other than that everyones doing ok so idk.

did trade out Konate for White because k wont play. See what happens.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5765 on: December 25, 2022, 10:38:31 pm »
Yeah, there's a real dearth of appealing options in some areas. I brought in Mitrovic, then heard he was an injury doubt so I looked for an alternate within my 7.6m budget, and ended up with Toney and the sword of Damocles above his head, because everyone else was shite (apologies in advance for triggering Ings and Watkins hattricks tonight). This is the season of Whoreland and Sportswash Junior, there's no room for alternates.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5766 on: December 25, 2022, 10:41:11 pm »
Limited time admittedly (and one of the games was against lower league), but Che Adams bagging three in two since Jones took over has peaked my interest.
AHA!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5767 on: December 25, 2022, 10:54:36 pm »
He's a decent option for sure, I considered him but I already have one Southampton player and have a weird aversion to doubling up on anything but LFC. Maybe I'll bring him in when Toney gets suspended.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #5768 on: December 26, 2022, 11:31:01 am »
Decide to go 3-5-2 and went with Greenwood as bench striker to invest in midfield

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5769 on: December 26, 2022, 01:16:34 pm »
Decide to go 3-5-2 and went with Greenwood as bench striker to invest in midfield

The Leeds United one I hope.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #5770 on: December 26, 2022, 01:50:00 pm »

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5771 on: December 26, 2022, 08:41:50 pm »
I brought in Mitrovic, then heard he was an injury doubt so I looked for an alternate within my 7.6m budget, and ended up with Toney and the sword of Damocles above his head, because everyone else was shite (apologies in advance for triggering Ings and Watkins hattricks tonight).

Of course I then went and traded Toney for Ings, ffs!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5772 on: December 28, 2022, 11:49:37 pm »
Has there ever been such a lopsided and predictable fantasy league season? 91 points this week and I haven't progressed in any of my smaller (15-20 player) leagues. Being the only one without Trippier is hurting me, but how boring is it adding a player with 67% ownership? Looking across one of my leagues, there are only about 20 distinct PL players across the 16 teams. Everyone but me has Trippier, everyone has two Newcastle defenders or 1 def+Pope, all but two have Haaland, 3/4 have Kane, the majority have Rashford and Cancelo. Everyone scored between 75 and 95 points this week. Surely it's time for draft mode, this is becoming a chore now.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5773 on: December 31, 2022, 05:01:26 pm »
Took mitrovic out last week and put him in this week. Tells you all you need to know about my season.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5774 on: January 1, 2023, 12:32:37 am »
Yep, I brought Mitro back as well. Kinell! But some of my other wildcard moves like Odegaard, Botman and Rashford (sorry, I played the Good Guy exemption card) are working out so I can't be too bitter.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5775 on: January 1, 2023, 12:46:51 am »
Spare a thought for me, I got rid of Shaw & Martinelli with my unlimited transfers to get Reece james and Phil Foden

That’s 35 points missed out on :(

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5776 on: January 1, 2023, 11:41:14 am »
Yep, I brought Mitro back as well. Kinell! But some of my other wildcard moves like Odegaard, Botman and Rashford (sorry, I played the Good Guy exemption card) are working out so I can't be too bitter.

Same  :butt

But looking at the next gamesweek Fulham have a double so there may be redemption.

Chelsea also have a double, worth looking at.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5777 on: January 13, 2023, 04:47:27 pm »
No Gakpo showing on here yet?

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5778 on: January 13, 2023, 04:49:12 pm »
Should be, 8.0, midfielder.
AHA!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5779 on: January 13, 2023, 05:18:31 pm »
Weird, not showing for me. But I'm not using the app.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5780 on: January 13, 2023, 11:38:50 pm »
Cursed at the moment. Captained Sterling previous GW who got injured after a minute and then Watkins tonight who only lasted 30. I’ve triple captained Haaland so wouldn’t be surprised to see him come off injured in the first half tomorrow.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5781 on: January 14, 2023, 01:40:41 am »
Should be, 8.0, midfielder.

He's been classified as a forward (hallelujah) at 8.0 but you have to flip to page 2 because of the huge number of squad fillers we've employed this season.

Haaland triple captain is an interesting shout. Can he hit them for 3 goals and 2 assists again? Fuck a City, but it would be funny.

Sign of the times that I brought in Mitoma this week, most years I'd wait a week, not out of loyalty but because we offered nothing to opposing attackers.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 01:44:04 am by GreatEx »

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5782 on: January 14, 2023, 10:34:33 pm »
Having a bit of a mare after last seasons success. I'm also having trouble leaving Liverpool assets alone, but after tonight I am wild carding to save the season. Not one of ours gets the nod. I hate it, but that is how it goes at the moment.
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5783 on: January 15, 2023, 12:01:37 am »
Yeah it's time I ditched Mo, colossal waste of funds :(

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5784 on: January 15, 2023, 12:03:38 am »
Yeah, everyone else on my league has Rashford but I can’t do it on principle.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5785 on: January 15, 2023, 01:30:18 pm »
Yeah it's time I ditched Mo, colossal waste of funds :(

Ditched him for KDB this week. Given him long enough but he returns probably 1/3 or 4 these days and rarely scores more than 1 in a game.

I need Haaland to stay pretty quiet in his second game. Was going to captain Kane but saw he's a booking away from a ban so that put me off.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5786 on: January 15, 2023, 11:59:37 pm »
I finally seem to be having a good week, would be great if Mitrovic stopped finding new ways to miss penalties. Him scoring might even have stopped Trippier being automatically awarded 3 bonus points...ah who am I kidding,  it's programmed into the bloody game by now.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5787 on: January 16, 2023, 10:26:58 am »
I am thinking of the same with Salah

He has hardly ever been out of my team since he joined Liverpool

One time I did take him out he banged in a hat trick next game, time to pull the trigger so

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5788 on: January 16, 2023, 10:28:58 am »
I’m on about 24 points! Shocking. And even ever presents like Rico Henry didn’t play and Brentford picked up a clean sheet.

Doing far better with my Draft team made up of misfits!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5789 on: January 16, 2023, 10:45:43 am »
I remember similar happening me last year, some Burnley defender, brought him in around March, he had missed about 6 minutes all season, had him for about 5 games, he played once

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5790 on: January 22, 2023, 02:34:44 pm »
Is there some sort of unwritten rule that Trippier gets the three bonus points every week?
AHA!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5791 on: January 22, 2023, 10:26:41 pm »
I know, right? Normally when a player gets booked they miss the bonus cut, but this prick is automatic. I dunno, do Newcastle get an inordinate number of free kicks and corners or something? Presumably he's pumping in a lot of crosses that are being interpreted as chance creation. Funny how they never score.

Anyway, I'm having my best gw of this sorry arsed season,  110k rank with another Mitrovic missed penalty to come. Baseline of Captain Whoreland, a solid prediction of a Kepa ckean sheet at Anfield, and one last Mitoma haul before everyone else piles on.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 10:47:41 pm by GreatEx »

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5792 on: January 26, 2023, 10:09:54 pm »
Forgot it's FA Cup weekend and did my transfer.  :duh

Hope there's no injuries.

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5793 on: January 28, 2023, 11:37:40 am »
Having a bit of a mare after last seasons success. I'm also having trouble leaving Liverpool assets alone, but after tonight I am wild carding to save the season. Not one of ours gets the nod. I hate it, but that is how it goes at the moment.
Snuck in Konaté in the end, and had a succesfull wild card (97 points). Still kicking myself for playing Gnonto over Rashford though. Going real dirty with three Manchester United next. Bruno is coming in for KDB barring injury or FA Cup replay.
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5794 on: January 28, 2023, 04:53:57 pm »
Cursed at the moment. Captained Sterling previous GW who got injured after a minute and then Watkins tonight who only lasted 30. I’ve triple captained Haaland so wouldn’t be surprised to see him come off injured in the first half tomorrow.

I'm sorry...

You Captained Raheem Sterling?

Go easy on yourself, life can be hard friend.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5795 on: February 2, 2023, 09:58:02 am »
Wondering whether to captain Toney against bournemouth seen as City have Spurs....

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5796 on: February 2, 2023, 10:10:07 am »
Wondering whether to captain Toney against bournemouth seen as City have Spurs....

Has he not been banned yet? That’s all fine a bit quiet!

Suppose I’d better get rid of Cancelo!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5797 on: February 3, 2023, 10:24:34 pm »
'Kin Friday fixtures! Missed the cut, but Kepa as starting keeper and Mitrovic left on the bench is a good start. Chelsea seem to be competing with Newcastle for the bore draw trophy so I might add Badiashile to my budget defender pile.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5798 on: February 3, 2023, 11:45:12 pm »
Triple-captained Rashford with United's DGW at home...

Not a sentence I thought I would be saying last season.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5799 on: February 4, 2023, 10:32:50 am »
I didn't fancy Rashford for the triple- might come back to bite me but if you look at his goal scoring he seems to only score 1 goal in a game. For me a triple captain should be someone you think might score at least 3 goals over 2 games with an assist possibly. I also think Palace might give them a tough test. Granted, they'll score a few vs Leeds.

I have stuck Bruno Fernandes in as well and Shaw to cover my arse this gameweek or I'd be completely out of my league.

Mitrovic has definitely lost his form now. Other than him I'm reasonably happy with my side for now but so hard to make serious ground when everyone has similar players.