Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760161 times)

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #13440 on: February 14, 2023, 12:48:17 pm »
Clapping attempted passes that don't make it or go out of play instead of groaning is a positive development.

I must say the I guess groan is something I do at misplaced passes, but I always see it for me at least as almost a gut reaction, like when you go "Ahhh" at a shot just wide or something that should have been a goal. As such, I always look to clap after the pass and say like "Nice idea" some level of encouragement.

Doesn't make a huge difference from one person, and I am not faultless, but I hope to do my best as a fan

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13441 on: February 14, 2023, 12:56:41 pm »
You're in Rhyl, aren't you?
Well that would make it even easier and a bit late for a day trip now. Maybe on the day they are finally flushed.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13442 on: February 14, 2023, 04:56:51 pm »
I’ve never been a fan of sitting in the lower main towards the away end. Sat there last night and atmosphere was much better. Although a local lad by me got told to stop shouting/singing so much by a group of about 5 Chinese people who filmed the whole game on their phone. Literally turned round to him and said can you stop. He was getting everyone going with the chants, rightly so.

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13443 on: February 14, 2023, 07:21:32 pm »
Some really good points - and FOAR and Ring of Fire are two of my favourite too.

Just on the concerns over touting - the problem is that many of the touts are locals buying up the local allocation (based on my own experience and what people here have said). Unless everyone has to bring ID and an energy bill with them to sit in the designated local seats it will be far too difficult to sort I think.

Thats why a under-25 section (The Kop 102 for example) will stop the touting in that block, since you wont be allowed in if you are over 25 years old into that block (make a reduced price as well, like the "old" boys pen). No bother selling to an older Swede like me then for that block.

I happily sit over games if it means more locals are allowed in, this club belongs to the city of Liverpool and its people. Liverpool with out its community heritage is nothing. I´ve been going to Liverpool for 30years and are probably more of a "local" than many people livin in it, but I firmly believe that if two people are fighting for the same ticket it should go to the local.
Anfield should be 80% local, lately it seems more like a 50/50 split.
In the 80-90s every local could go to the match (if they afforded it), now there is such a massive demand for tickets so we need to protect our local support, especially the young ones.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13444 on: February 14, 2023, 07:32:56 pm »
I’ve never been a fan of sitting in the lower main towards the away end. Sat there last night and atmosphere was much better. Although a local lad by me got told to stop shouting/singing so much by a group of about 5 Chinese people who filmed the whole game on their phone. Literally turned round to him and said can you stop. He was getting everyone going with the chants, rightly so.

I hope he and those around him told them to go to the Emptyhad if they wanted peace and quiet.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #13445 on: February 14, 2023, 08:02:56 pm »
Thats why a under-25 section (The Kop 102 for example) will stop the touting in that block, since you wont be allowed in if you are over 25 years old into that block (make a reduced price as well, like the "old" boys pen). No bother selling to an older Swede like me then for that block.

I happily sit over games if it means more locals are allowed in, this club belongs to the city of Liverpool and its people. Liverpool with out its community heritage is nothing. I´ve been going to Liverpool for 30years and are probably more of a "local" than many people livin in it, but I firmly believe that if two people are fighting for the same ticket it should go to the local.
Anfield should be 80% local, lately it seems more like a 50/50 split.
In the 80-90s every local could go to the match (if they afforded it), now there is such a massive demand for tickets so we need to protect our local support, especially the young ones.

Agreed it helps solve the age side of it (although extra hassle getting in with having to show ID might annoy people) but I worry it will just end up being touted to younger people so wouldn't solve the issue.

That said - I always moan about people shutting down ideas rather than going "here is a problem, but you could try x to solve it" so I'll stop being a dick.

Good to try and come up with solutions so fair play mate

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #13446 on: February 14, 2023, 09:04:24 pm »
It was a great atmosphere last night. Good to see people enjoying going the game again.
There was a point in the first half where Fabinho received the ball facing our goal and there was the biggest collective shout of TURN, I’ve ever heard haha. The cat calling for Tom Davies was another highlight.

Putting it out there, the timing of the slow Poor Scouser Tommy helped last night. All too often someone tries to start it going when the crowd needs to be at its most intense and as much as I love the song, it needs to have its moments picked.

I have a general complaint about people trying to start a more ‘obscure’ song at certain points when the ‘crowd pleasers’ will lift the volume of the crowd more and create a more intimidating atmosphere. Just like a top band who don’t play their hits at a concert, I get the feeling some in the ground would rather pull one from the back catalogue than the latest in vogue chant to not seem like a day tripper or something.

There’s a time and place for every song, but sometimes all we need to be is loud and intense so whatever will get the crowd up is the best choice. I tend to feel there is a certain flow to the atmosphere where a certain chant almost presents itself as the right one and all it takes is one person to belt it out and the whole crowd is given the energy to go again, because it’s very easy of a sudden lull in the crowd to drift into a longer period without any singing. That’s not the worse thing in the world when everyone is engrossed in the game and on the edge of their seats but in some duller, early kick off games for example, it can be a killer. Unfortunately, without so many pints down our collective gullets, there are many less people with the necessary gusto mixed with a loss of social anxiety to take up the mantle of starting the right song at the right time, so those periods of quiet undoubtedly become more frequent.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #13447 on: February 14, 2023, 10:18:07 pm »
The cat calling for Tom Davies was another highlight.
Must admit, that did make me burst out laughing ;D

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13448 on: February 15, 2023, 01:55:17 am »

I had someone turn around and tell me to be quiet once, when I was like 19. Wasn't even chanting just talking about the match with/to my dad.

Fella was a first timer I believe, was first time I saw him like and I had been going for a long while. I was meek and happy to stop talking for them, but everyone around e did tell him to fuck off like (in more polite terms) which was nice of them. He left not long after that on about the 70th minute.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13449 on: February 15, 2023, 04:17:49 pm »
Bring on Madrid, a pumped up European cauldron is needed, as no doubt we 100% need a 2 goal lead, and we owe them massively.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13450 on: February 15, 2023, 05:05:31 pm »
Must admit, that did make me burst out laughing ;D

The collective woooooo from a section of upper Annie and lower main when they were singing that daft spirit of the blues song was brilliant😂

I say singing…. More like murmuring.

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #13451 on: February 15, 2023, 06:31:15 pm »
Let’s not blame tourists solely for any reduced atmosphere - where I sit I see plenty of locals not singing. People making out that the whole Kop is full of tourists.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13452 on: February 22, 2023, 10:45:53 am »
There’s not been an atmosphere like that for a few years. 10 mins leading up to the game and the 20 mins that followed was boss!

I was at the Paris final and outside the ground for 2 hours so I understand how that would’ve provoked people to rally against Madrid and UEFA but we need do make that noise every week

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13453 on: February 22, 2023, 11:04:47 am »
Did the away end join in with any protests, boos, etc? I couldn't hear from the Kop.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #13454 on: February 22, 2023, 11:27:50 am »
The 3rd just after half time just killed off any atmosphere that built up in the first 20 mins.

The Fuck UEFA chants was incredible

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #13455 on: February 22, 2023, 11:40:25 am »
Did the away end join in with any protests, boos, etc? I couldn't hear from the Kop.

My mate was sat near them and said they were cheering during the UEFA anthem. Whether that was cheering for UEFA, or cheering the protest, who knows. Quite depressing if the former.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13456 on: March 4, 2023, 06:33:46 pm »
Got to be fierce tomorrow. Make it totally unpleasant for this shower

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13457 on: March 4, 2023, 07:12:24 pm »
Got to be fierce tomorrow. Make it totally unpleasant for this shower

Hopefully no 'who are ya' and 'you're not singing anymore' like the other night!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13458 on: March 4, 2023, 07:22:11 pm »
Hopefully no 'who are ya' and 'you're not singing anymore' like the other night!

Given that normally wins we’ve scored late on and are winning I think I’d allow it tomorrow!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13459 on: March 4, 2023, 09:38:29 pm »
Needs to be up there with the best.   Stomach churning already.
We are Loyal Supporters

Online Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #13460 on: March 4, 2023, 10:18:27 pm »
Can't wait for tomorrow. It will be simmering in the kop!! We need to get into these jarg Lennon granny speccy, bucket hat wearing c*nts with their generic mod haircuts! Daft oversized, ill fitting parka coats and their mad for it, shiiiiiiiiine, twisting my melon man nonsence. Dirty interbeeding, hilda ogdan shagging, curly watts better buying, Mike Lowwwwry, hacienda slag loving, moss side cesspit bastards! Gorging on Betty's hotpot and bet Lynch's tits in equal measure, whilst supping on boddingtons and vimto! Horrible whiskey nosed, Terry Christian squeaky voiced twats with their jarg yorkshire accents and shit ribbed turtlenecks and equally silly 'well ard' walks.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #13461 on: March 4, 2023, 10:23:34 pm »
I can't wait, and it will be fine tomorrow.

The Club, and some fans, need to accept that the reduced capacity has driven touting. Some doubted the need for an 80k capacity when Stanley Park was an option, they were wrong.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13462 on: March 4, 2023, 10:32:14 pm »
Can't wait for tomorrow. It will be simmering in the kop!! We need to get into these jarg Lennon granny speccy, bucket hat wearing c*nts with their generic mod haircuts! Daft oversized, ill fitting parka coats and their mad for it, shiiiiiiiiine, twisting my melon man nonsence. Dirty interbeeding, hilda ogdan shagging, curly watts better buying, Mike Lowwwwry, hacienda slag loving, moss side cesspit bastards! Gorging on Betty's hotpot and bet Lynch's tits in equal measure, whilst supping on boddingtons and vimto! Horrible whiskey nosed, Terry Christian squeaky voiced twats with their jarg yorkshire accents and shit ribbed turtlenecks and equally silly 'well ard' walks.

Saus is up for it... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13463 on: March 4, 2023, 11:32:47 pm »

:wellin

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13464 on: March 5, 2023, 01:24:10 am »
This feels massive for us. Of course we’ve had bigger games with more riding on it but this feels huge.

Needs to be a horrible hostile anfield atmosphere waiting for them dirty c*nts. Come on you reds!!!!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #13465 on: March 5, 2023, 02:52:17 am »

Ha ha - fucking brilliant. And true too. Hat off to you son for sussing out the phoney wannabe scouse bastards.

;D

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13466 on: March 5, 2023, 06:27:35 pm »
Must have been amazing to be there tonight. Unless you're the twat who ran on to the pitch. I think if I got bollocked by Klopp like that I wouldn't turn up again.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #13467 on: March 5, 2023, 07:12:49 pm »
Must have been amazing to be there tonight. Unless you're the twat who ran on to the pitch. I think if I got bollocked by Klopp like that I wouldn't turn up again.

Something tells me that he won't have much choice in the matter...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13468 on: March 5, 2023, 07:20:54 pm »
Agree. Just wasn’t sure at the time if Jürgen was saying to the stewards to let him back in the stand. Probably not, but looked like it for a sec.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13469 on: March 5, 2023, 07:25:07 pm »
Agree. Just wasn’t sure at the time if Jürgen was saying to the stewards to let him back in the stand. Probably not, but looked like it for a sec.
Nah, Jurgen has no issue bollocking fans if he thinks they deserve it. Remember when someone ran on the pitch in the Super Cup Final and injured Adrian? And when people were going for high fives during COVID.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13470 on: March 5, 2023, 07:31:07 pm »
Nah, Jurgen has no issue bollocking fans if he thinks they deserve it. Remember when someone ran on the pitch in the Super Cup Final and injured Adrian? And when people were going for high fives during COVID.
Yeah I think you’re right. Just the way he was pointing made me wonder.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13471 on: March 5, 2023, 07:47:44 pm »
Loved that today, my sides are sore from laughing so much

Great atmosphere and lots of wit shown

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13472 on: March 5, 2023, 07:50:42 pm »

That was right in front of me, the gobshite slipped and clobbered into Jota so I'd say Jurgen was livid over that.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13473 on: March 5, 2023, 07:51:18 pm »
Atmosphere was fucking unreal, unsurprisingly! ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13474 on: March 5, 2023, 07:51:58 pm »
Would like to petition Saus to issue home match rallying cries for the rest of the season...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13475 on: March 5, 2023, 08:04:20 pm »
That was right in front of me, the gobshite slipped and clobbered into Jota so I'd say Jurgen was livid over that.
Ah right, that’s what he was gesturing at then. Cheers DS.

Bet you’ve got no voice!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13476 on: March 5, 2023, 08:08:08 pm »

You lucky thing.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13477 on: March 5, 2023, 08:55:35 pm »

Yes,I'd imagine it was quite lively this evening.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #13478 on: March 5, 2023, 08:59:36 pm »
Just back home up in County Durham,great atmosphere,great day.. hopefully can replicate that between now an end of season

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #13479 on: March 5, 2023, 09:28:35 pm »

Could clearly see Klopp going beserk from where I was in the Kop, wouldn’t have been a shock if he’d run on and dragged the daft twat off himself😀
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.