Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 606826 times)

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Re: XBMC
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 02:45:56 pm »
The Experience1080 skin is my favourite.

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 04:21:12 pm »
OH MY!

Just got a PC set on the big TV and found that I can watch Sky Sports HD via NaviX as well as many movie channels.

I assume that things like Sky Sports are a bit more stuttery as more will be watching that?

been doing this for a while but I find it is buffering a lot but that maybe more to do with the speed I am getting at the moment. XBMC is a good backup when all else failes.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »
been doing this for a while but I find it is buffering a lot but that maybe more to do with the speed I am getting at the moment. XBMC is a good backup when all else failes.

News Source on the HD+Streaming add on for the footie. Class!

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 06:26:15 pm »
News Source on the HD+Streaming add on for the footie. Class!

News Source is that the name of the add on and which repo is that in ?
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 07:11:59 pm »
News Source is that the name of the add on and which repo is that in ?

I don't think it is in any repo as you need to pay a subscription fee to access the site the addon points to.

IIRC it is about £5pm but it is excellent quality though.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »
1Channel and Mashup are so much better then Navi x.
Don't know why I bothered for so long with that crap.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 2, 2013, 08:57:40 pm »
whats the best way to get sky sports through XBMC? Ive got sports devil anmd Navi-X plug ins but quality is always sh*t.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 4, 2013, 07:17:58 pm »
I can highly recommend a repo called Mash Up. I hardly venture into NaviX these days as Mash Up is so good. It can either be installed via SHH or through Fusion via the ATV. Instructions can be found here: http://www.worldtvpc.com/mediaplayers/xbmc/xmbc-adding-mashupvideo.php. You can thank me later! ;D

i can't find the repo in any directory, it should be in this one according to that guide

http://fusion.xbmchub.com/video/
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Dowahwiddy

• diddy doo diddy dey do doh dondey doh
  • Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: October 4, 2013, 09:35:19 pm »
XBMC has changed a bit in the past week with some devs leaving the hub and going elsewhere. As well as fusion there is now xfinity with their own repos. The mash up add on and plenty more can now be installed at
http://xfinity.xbmctalk.com
Add it the same way you would fusion and there is a zip that will install all addons or add the ones you want individually.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 4, 2013, 10:44:07 pm »
cheers for that, only just got into it today
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: October 5, 2013, 10:37:52 am »
XBMC has changed a bit in the past week with some devs leaving the hub and going elsewhere. As well as fusion there is now xfinity with their own repos. The mash up add on and plenty more can now be installed at
http://xfinity.xbmctalk.com
Add it the same way you would fusion and there is a zip that will install all addons or add the ones you want individually.

Was having a look around this new site and found a guy called Dixiedean who has a plugin for live tv, going to have a look at this later and try it out to see if it's any good.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 5, 2013, 10:54:15 am »
1Channel and Mashup are so much better then Navi x.
Don't know why I bothered for so long with that crap.

My sentiments exactly! I managed to watch the entire Breaking Bad series through 1Channel and it didn't let me down once, channels loaded quickly and the quality was excellent (HD in a lot of episodes). I haven't touched NaviX in weeks. 
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 6, 2013, 07:07:57 pm »
How do I get 1channel? Also my Mshup is saying it needs updating even though i only got it yesterday!

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 6, 2013, 10:17:32 pm »
I used this to help me install my repo's. It's got step-by-step instructions and is really easy to follow: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/05/22/how-to-easily-install-1channel-icefilms-and-any-other-xbmc-addons/
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: October 7, 2013, 10:01:26 am »
How do I get 1channel? Also my Mshup is saying it needs updating even though i only got it yesterday!

I think to get mashup you need to go to xbmctalk and download it from there. Xbmchub does not support this one and a few others due to a fall out between the developers. Some where adding adverts into their addons/plugins and other things which has not gone down well some so they have split and there is now two wizzards. One is the hub the other is infinaty. Before you down load anything from Xbmctalk read through the forum to understand what they are doing with some addons/plugins. But without that the stuff you can get from the hub is good and you can do without Maschup. Sports Devil is work fine you just have to search the links and Icefilms is also a cood one, 1-channel is another good one and giddyup-tv.

Last night I spent a couple of hours going through the addons and found a few good ones and don't forget Navi-x in the programs section is a very good plugin now they have sorted the issues they had with it. But don't forget with everything like this not everything will work all the time. You just have to search through the addons/plugins to find what you want.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #55 on: October 7, 2013, 05:13:32 pm »
I just got the Experience 1080 skin but now its active I get a red box as my mouse cursor that says my mouse its not compatible, any ideas on how to fix this. Its on my laptop and using a mouse pad.
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 8, 2013, 12:39:37 pm »
What is the best add on to watch freetoview TV when outside of the UK?

We used to use Catchup TV on the iPad but even with the VPN it doesn't work now!!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 8, 2013, 01:10:29 pm »

We used to use Catchup TV on the iPad but even with the VPN it doesn't work now!!

I used to use filmon.com, it has an app.
or a VPN (it was a private vpn, i think most commercial ones were blocked).
I also used to modify firefox headers with a plugin an put an ip of a uk based isp.

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: October 8, 2013, 01:10:52 pm »

Filmon is for ex-pats you will find that plugin on xbmctalk, it's not supported by the hub any more.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 8, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »
The add-on for watching News-Source can be found here - http://hd-streaming.tv/repo/plugin.video.hd-streaming.zip

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2013, 10:19:54 am »
Just discovered this program this week from reading this thread.

Anyone one else used the add on Sports Devil ?

Tracy was using it last night to watch some of the football like the Uruguay match and seemed to work really well.

It will be interesting what it is like for Premiership matches are on and  maybe more people are using it.

But its another option to watch matches.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2013, 10:35:42 am »
I use it all the time, along with Navi-X.  You can find most matches but it's worth having an alternative for the occasions you can't find what you're after.

It's brilliant for Boxing, I always find what I'm after.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2013, 09:08:53 am »
I'm having a really annoying problem all of a sudden.

Yesterday morning everything was fine, but suddenly last night when I play a feed everything is ok for about two minutes and then suddenly the video starts to stutter and run really slow like it is buffering.

But if I just move the mouse a bit, it runs right again and then around two minutes later it happens again and fixed again but moving the mouse this happens every 2 minutes.

I can't seem to find the problem even turn off the mouse and it still happens it's just that you have to touch a key on the keyboard to put it right. 

Even turned off all the screensavers but still no joy.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2013, 07:32:14 pm »
I sorted out the problem.

Been trying to sort it out all day, Changing all the setting in XBMC.

Then embarrassingly I thought I would try something I should have done in the first place and unplugged the USB mouse and plugged it back into a different port and now it work perfectly. 

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2013, 11:44:55 am »
UK is blocking Channel 1.

I guess there will be a work around about soon.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2013, 01:15:30 pm »
UK is blocking Channel 1.

I guess there will be a work around about soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXH4zZoPpmk

If you do not have xunity then do this first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Qqnzs66kY

Then run the wizard
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:40:32 pm by cloggypop »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2013, 02:00:53 pm »
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:04:19 pm by Trada »

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2013, 12:29:07 pm »
Just discovered this program this week from reading this thread.

Anyone one else used the add on Sports Devil ?

Tracy was using it last night to watch some of the football like the Uruguay match and seemed to work really well.

It will be interesting what it is like for Premiership matches are on and  maybe more people are using it.

But its another option to watch matches.
Where can you get the Sports Devil add on from mate?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2013, 01:46:56 pm »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2013, 10:17:51 am »
Deleted my XBMC because i was never using it, and found with the wizard installed i had too many add ons that, think i will install it again and just install the add ons i need!

forgotten what the film add on was that i used though

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2013, 11:46:27 am »
Deleted my XBMC because i was never using it, and found with the wizard installed i had too many add ons that, think i will install it again and just install the add ons i need!

forgotten what the film add on was that i used though

You can always use the favourites option. Very useful as it means you do not have to go through all the menus searching for what you want.

Offline NatD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2013, 07:53:39 am »
Does anyone have a guide so I can set up my iPad to control XBMC?  Followed a guide on Youtube but for some reason can't enable Zerconf so need a little more detail??

Also struggling a little with Fusion and the addons.  What are the best forums to look on for guides??
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2013, 08:04:51 am »
Does anyone have a guide so I can set up my iPad to control XBMC?  Followed a guide on Youtube but for some reason can't enable Zerconf so need a little more detail??

Also struggling a little with Fusion and the addons.  What are the best forums to look on for guides??

This is a good site.

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline NatD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2013, 09:02:36 am »
Thanks mate.  Yeah was following one of their guides last night but for some reason none of the zip files were in the fusion folder!

Think I've sorted the iPad as a remote control out though - I need to download Bonjour by Apple and hopefully that should solve it. 

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2013, 10:13:25 am »

Try the xunity forum as well. They have split from xbmchub and have many of the better addons.

http://xunitytalk.com/forum.php
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:15:03 am by cloggypop »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2013, 11:42:11 am »
An update for 1 Channel was out today that makes it easier to get around the block in the UK.

It seems to be working ok now.

Fingers crossed.

Offline NatD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2013, 04:06:59 pm »
The remote app on the iPad is fantastic!  Now just to sort out my Add Ons!!!

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2013, 04:26:54 pm »
You can always use the favourites option. Very useful as it means you do not have to go through all the menus searching for what you want.

Thats what I do especially for TV shows that I want to watch, it's good because it updates when new shows are added.

Trouble is I keep finding things to add like Mork and Mindy haven't seen that in years.

Offline carl5363

• Anny Roader
« Reply #78 on: December 8, 2013, 07:48:52 pm »
What's the best way to get this from PC to tv?

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: December 9, 2013, 06:54:39 am »
What's the best way to get this from PC to tv?

It depends on your PC's conections and what conections the TV has. If you have HDMi then thats the best way if not then you will have problems.

You could buy an Andriod TV box look on Amazon there are a few being sold and can be a good thing. just but in the search box XBMC TV
YNWA
Twitter @asp67