Author Topic: The House and Techno Thread  (Read 250764 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The House and Techno Thread
« Reply #3320 on: March 24, 2023, 09:11:38 am »
Really enjoying this set from someone who's been spinning them for over 30 years.

STEVE LAWLER at The Hall Miami
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/O7Lcf2SBnwQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/O7Lcf2SBnwQ</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3321 on: May 11, 2023, 08:33:03 am »

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: May 19, 2023, 08:58:16 pm »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3323 on: May 23, 2023, 08:56:51 am »
A great read and something I knew virtually nothing about.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/03/bleep-dance-music-80s-yorkshire
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3324 on: June 11, 2023, 06:12:50 pm »
Sad to this venue no more. :(

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nrcgEPEuWQY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nrcgEPEuWQY</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3325 on: July 26, 2023, 02:57:34 pm »
Fantastic couple of hours listening to hubby on the decks.  He really should be out in Ibiza ripping up the bars and clubs, he's that good.

One day I'll record him and start promoting him ☺️

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #3326 on: July 28, 2023, 06:51:48 am »
Fantastic couple of hours listening to hubby on the decks.  He really should be out in Ibiza ripping up the bars and clubs, he's that good.

One day I'll record him and start promoting him ☺️
There are loads of options to play to a live audience without the need of getting a club.

Mixcloud Live and Twitch are probably the main two for live music streaming but people use Faceache and Youtube too.

You can also bang up pre-recorded mixes to Mixcloud and Souncloud, I barely listen to anything else these days, so many talented DJs just constantly uploading new mixes 8) :wave
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 06:54:06 am by Titi Camara »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3327 on: July 28, 2023, 10:41:43 am »
Fab set from Gorgon City, new album was released this week, i was at that venue last summer for AnjunaDeep open air.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oNGANj96jnI&amp;t=0s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oNGANj96jnI&amp;t=0s</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: August 2, 2023, 10:06:36 pm »
<a href="https://youtu.be/oLRX_5AiLDc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtu.be/oLRX_5AiLDc</a>

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3329 on: August 2, 2023, 10:18:21 pm »
just bagged a couple of tickets for Shen at Club Chinois on Sunday, Sasha & Digweed no less 😂. I'm 54 now and decided to have a 'Summer of Love'. So far done Dombrance, Jon DaSilva, Camelphat at Pacha, Pikes, Ushaia, Amnesia, Circo Loco at DC10. Got coming up Friday Cova Santa, Purple Disco Machine at Pacha Sat, DC10 again Monday, Jon Pleased 19th Aug and John Paynter(Paisley Dark) 1st Sept. Love life ✌️.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3330 on: August 2, 2023, 10:30:19 pm »
just bagged a couple of tickets for Shen at Club Chinois on Sunday, Sasha & Digweed no less 😂. I'm 54 now and decided to have a 'Summer of Love'. So far done Dombrance, Jon DaSilva, Camelphat at Pacha, Pikes, Ushaia, Amnesia, Circo Loco at DC10. Got coming up Friday Cova Santa, Purple Disco Machine at Pacha Sat, DC10 again Monday, Jon Pleased 19th Aug and John Paynter(Paisley Dark) 1st Sept. Love life ✌️.

😂 That's one big month of madness mate.

Fingers crossed Sasha & Digweed are the ones you're expecting and not their modern day versions but you'll have a blast for sure 👍

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: August 2, 2023, 10:51:18 pm »
I'd be fucking dead ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3332 on: August 3, 2023, 07:52:35 pm »
😂 That's one big month of madness mate.

Fingers crossed Sasha & Digweed are the ones you're expecting and not their modern day versions but you'll have a blast for sure 👍
just found out that Franky Wah has billed Sasha & Digweed at Shen in Club Chinois it turns out John Digweed is indeed this Sunday, Sasha alas is 29th Sept. Ah well cant miss that so theres another week away 😂🕺🏻💃🏾
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3333 on: August 3, 2023, 07:53:31 pm »
I'd be fucking dead ;D ;D ;D ;D
best way to go though 😁

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3334 on: August 3, 2023, 07:57:59 pm »
just found out that Franky Wah has billed Sasha & Digweed at Shen in Club Chinois it turns out John Digweed is indeed this Sunday, Sasha alas is 29th Sept. Ah well cant miss that so theres another week away 😂🕺🏻💃🏾

You'll enjoy Franky Wah though.  I'm not a massive Digweed fan personally but always followed Sasha and seen him live whenever possible.

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3335 on: August 3, 2023, 08:02:10 pm »
Fab set from Gorgon City, new album was released this week, i was at that venue last summer for AnjunaDeep open air.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oNGANj96jnI&amp;t=0s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oNGANj96jnI&amp;t=0s</a>
These have a residency every monday at Amnesia, the only monday they miss this summer is this monday 7th when we're there 😕, going DC10 instead which certainly isnt disappointing but GC wouldve been nice.

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3336 on: August 3, 2023, 08:10:39 pm »
You'll enjoy Franky Wah though.  I'm not a massive Digweed fan personally but always followed Sasha and seen him live whenever possible.
Yeah I was part of a possee that went Sequins, Shaboo Shelleys etc in the late 80s early 90s just cause Sasha was playing. Even the Involv3r stuff around 2010 was amazing. Only listened to Digweed a few times but if you lie down with dogs expect sashas musical fleas. At Chinois theres also Francesca, Lombardo & Paige performing & I luv the new people.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: August 3, 2023, 09:29:18 pm »
Yeah I was part of a possee that went Sequins, Shaboo Shelleys etc in the late 80s early 90s just cause Sasha was playing. Even the Involv3r stuff around 2010 was amazing. Only listened to Digweed a few times but if you lie down with dogs expect sashas musical fleas. At Chinois theres also Francesca, Lombardo & Paige performing & I luv the new people.

Paul and I met in 2001 through our love of Sasha and almost immediately planned to go to Twilo in New York.  I've never forgiven Giuliano for closing it before we got chance 😠

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3338 on: August 31, 2023, 04:12:43 pm »
Did you see Franky Wah play?

Saw him a couple of weeks ago at AnjunaDeep open air in Finsbury Park, he neevr disappoints.

His Creamfield set just dropped yesterday on Youtube.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DpX78-FO7IE&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DpX78-FO7IE&amp;t=1s</a>

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3339 on: September 13, 2023, 05:15:57 pm »
A mate, Alan Marshall, just put out an absolute banger 8) 8) 8) Also a tidy remix on there from another mate, Da Syk 8) 8) 8)

Alan Marshall - Twilight Dreams

Edit:

Actually Da Syk put out a few tidy tracks this time last year too 8) 8)

Da Syk - Afon

Think both were helped by Nick Muir in the production process 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 05:20:30 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3340 on: December 2, 2023, 09:40:08 am »
Radio 1 is celebrating 30yrs of the Essential Mix with a selection on iPlayer of some of the classics over the years. 

We're re listening to Sasha & Digweeds mix from their Delta Heavy Tour which we listened to live ☺️

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: December 2, 2023, 10:04:09 am »
This might be a good thread.
Would any of you lovely souls ping me few albums I could listen to while working. Something deep, moody and non-vocal. Just good background music to focus.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: December 2, 2023, 10:32:45 am »
This might be a good thread.
Would any of you lovely souls ping me few albums I could listen to while working. Something deep, moody and non-vocal. Just good background music to focus.

They're not fully non vocal but any of the Northern Exposure albums would be a decent choice especially the first 2 albums.  After that they can get a bit messy 👍

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3343 on: December 2, 2023, 10:52:00 am »
Much obliged, I'll give everything a go. My knowledge of electronic music is shocking, so I'm lingering on few recomendations from this developer guy in my company who is pretty stingy with his offerings. :D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3344 on: December 2, 2023, 10:58:41 am »
Much obliged, I'll give everything a go. My knowledge of electronic music is shocking, so I'm lingering on few recomendations from this developer guy in my company who is pretty stingy with his offerings. :D

No probs mate.  The N/E Expeditions album is a bit deeper than the first 2 so it depends on personal choice but don't just skip through any of them as they're a mixed set rather than individual tracks 👍

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3345 on: December 2, 2023, 11:01:45 am »
Northern exposure. Blimey that's a blast from the past.

Vaguely remember hearing what I believe was the first one many years ago.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: December 2, 2023, 11:03:52 am »
Northern exposure. Blimey that's a blast from the past.

Vaguely remember hearing what I believe was the first one many years ago.

They're still a good listen now mate ☺️

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3347 on: January 7, 2024, 11:35:21 am »
Did you see Franky Wah play?
I did, it was a fabulous night. Also Club Chinois is an amazing venue, simply jaw dropping. Frank Wah is playing the Invisible Wind Factory in Liverpool 25 Feb, just got 2 tickets.

« Last Edit: January 7, 2024, 11:43:43 am by tray fenny »

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3348 on: January 11, 2024, 01:52:42 pm »

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3349 on: January 11, 2024, 02:02:33 pm »

They are indeed!!  ;D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: February 4, 2024, 11:34:30 am »
Omg what a blast from the past!

Paris Red - Good Friend 😁

Morley Orbit early 90s Sasha classic 👍

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: February 6, 2024, 09:42:50 pm »
First foray into techno was 90/91, tracks like this, could still drop this now and the place would go nuts

https://youtu.be/RX345P0lBzQ?si=ixvDEmIUmPfLwJ8a

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3352 on: March 16, 2024, 12:42:34 am »
this is wild, 1989 and all

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6d5fU4aO4WI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6d5fU4aO4WI</a>

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3353 on: March 17, 2024, 12:15:03 am »
I've been creating some on an app and Iam still getting to grips with it. One of them is a belter with Balaeric and Ghentlon ( Ghent late 80's ) and my mate says a bit of a New Order beat too. I'll try to post .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: March 17, 2024, 12:20:30 am »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3355 on: March 17, 2024, 12:21:45 am »

you're probably right. that was in the back of someone's car in about 1996 when we used to go out and get very stoned on hillsides.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3356 on: March 17, 2024, 12:22:28 am »
I don't think it did.  I've just downloaded it so how do I get in on here ?

It's saying file is too large .  Too right it's fuckin large  ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 12:25:27 am by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3357 on: March 17, 2024, 01:26:00 am »
this is wild, 1989 and all

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6d5fU4aO4WI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6d5fU4aO4WI</a>

The State and usually Aphrodisiac was usually mixed into it .   8) It could've Wood Allens Airport 89 actually and Mckenzies Party People was 100% mixed in to that.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 01:28:51 am by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: March 17, 2024, 01:30:17 am »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3359 on: March 17, 2024, 01:34:46 am »
Mckenzie - Party People . 

https://youtu.be/KERJquFHduc?si=RXNkCfJN_E__b0Gw

Just listened to them and Airport 89 was mixed into Party People.   What would I do for a State tape now.  Anybody have one ?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 01:38:14 am by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi