Poll

Well...

Great Ref
Good Ref
Ok Ref
Shite
Total Shite
Inbred wankstain that would be lucky to get a job in fucking Tescos

Author Topic: Ref Watch !  (Read 11373 times)

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
Re: Rolling Weekly Referee Assessment
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2023, 05:11:26 pm »
Oliver was shite yesterday. The main stand linesman atrocious, and turning round laughing at the crowd shows what a twat he is and should see him get the sack. I've said for ages now if you dive, roll around, hold and grab, surround the ref at the slightest infringement you get everything.the refs are not bent just dumb and useless at their job.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2023, 06:56:39 pm »
That Jorginho dive in his own box was amazing. Oliver was 5 yards away! He just decided he wanted to give a foul. That’s the worst thing about human refs - arbitrary decisions.

The whole officiating team - 2/10. Some of those calls from the main stand lino were incredible.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2023, 08:24:33 pm »
That Jorginho dive in his own box was amazing. Oliver was 5 yards away! He just decided he wanted to give a foul. That’s the worst thing about human refs - arbitrary decisions.

IIRC he grabbed the ball while on the floor before the free kick was given.  So it should have been a pelanty.  Oliver was cack yesterday (again) but, as I've said often before, never trust a man with two first names.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Hmmm..?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Where's the yawn option?   ::)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2023, 04:17:13 pm »
Well, where to start. Obviously he was pretty shit (especially if you're a Brighton fan). I wouldn't have complained at two red cards. Also for me, booking Badger for almost nothing when seconds later someone makes a back for Keita to almost break his neck and nothing done other than a free kick.

I would give him a 4 for competence but a -1 for bias against us.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2023, 04:39:30 pm »
I still want to see replays on the obvious fouls on Salah (Probably outside the area), the one on Milner (in the area) and the one on Konate (In the area)

Booking our lad early one when their professional foul as we broke right was surreal. Ignoring the backing in on Keita that could have been a serious injury was odd.

They left tackles on us all game and most was ignored. I think we lost our discipline at the end, because it's been happening for years and we're too nice.

Does that mean that I want us surounding the refs after every tackle? Nah. But other clubs openly do it and clearly gain an advantage because of their actions.

The sensible course of action is to just get good refs in that get most of their decisions correct. Most games you see are decided by 'questionable' decisions - most games are close, most sides are matched physically, so often it's a single split-second that decides a game.

Look at today - clearly offside when you see it live then VAR show an entirely different frame when it's judged to be a goal.

VAR is supposed to be the one thing they COULDN'T Fuck up and yet they've managed it with aplomb.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Re: Ref Watch !
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2023, 05:12:27 pm »
Wasn't sure where to put this:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/farcical-scenes-at-portsmouth-v-cheltenham-as-game-is-paused-in-order-to-find-assistant-referee-4261599

As the URL says, the Portsmouth/Cheltenham game was paused when the assistant referee took the ball and left. An announcement was made over the intercom to inquire whether or not there was anyone in the crowd qualified to referee, and a fan was chosen.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Re: Ref Watch !
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2023, 05:16:32 pm »
Wasn't sure where to put this:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/farcical-scenes-at-portsmouth-v-cheltenham-as-game-is-paused-in-order-to-find-assistant-referee-4261599

As the URL says, the Portsmouth/Cheltenham game was paused when the assistant referee took the ball and left. An announcement was made over the intercom to inquire whether or not there was anyone in the crowd qualified to referee, and a fan was chosen.

The Portsmouth Twitter account originally said the ref just took the ball and left, but it appears now that he had a calf injury. He was the 2nd official of the day to suffer that injury, leading to the debacle of calling on a fan to run the line.

21 minutes of added time.  :hally :lmao
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.