Author Topic: The Laugh at Manchester United Thread or the 'Ban Thread' for idiots....?.  (Read 1247889 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: José Mourinho - wowzers fifth best team in England
« Reply #13000 on: April 19, 2017, 12:36:10 am »
Their revenues are still huge, and they've got the lowest wages-per-turnover ratio in the league, so "disaster" is probably a bit strong.

That said, the longer they are out of the CL the harder it becomes to attract top players as they won't have the same financial freedom to throw money at the biggest players, and with so many other clubs in the same league doing well they certainly wouldn't be the no-brainer proposition for potential signings as they once were.

Their business model is overblown. I am not saying that they will bankrupt (the Premier League TV deal won't allow that), but it is surprising how fast the things can go wrong. That is why I mentioned my mate's comparison with Nokia.

Offline Omygoditsomar

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13001 on: April 19, 2017, 12:59:08 am »
The captivity of negativity is the only thing holding the Mancs back

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13002 on: April 19, 2017, 01:39:04 am »
Mancs will be fine, we will be fine. Financially, anyway.

We have a manager who can make his starting eleven better than the individual players out there.

They have a manager who is done in three years and year one is looking like a bust.

I'm not worried about falling away.

Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #13003 on: April 19, 2017, 02:11:46 am »
Mancs will be fine, we will be fine. Financially, anyway.

We have a manager who can make his starting eleven better than the individual players out there.

They have a manager who is done in three years and year one is looking like a bust.

I'm not worried about falling away.
I think United will improve next season given that they will already have the solid defensive base to build off and would probably kick on if they signed a good winger or two.

That said, I'm not worried about them in the slightest, because even if they improve I don't think they will improve enough to overtake us.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13004 on: April 19, 2017, 04:02:31 am »

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13005 on: April 19, 2017, 12:33:54 pm »
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13006 on: April 19, 2017, 02:24:47 pm »
I think United will improve next season given that they will already have the solid defensive base to build off and would probably kick on if they signed a good winger or two.

That said, I'm not worried about them in the slightest, because even if they improve I don't think they will improve enough to overtake us.

To be honest, I expect that we will improve more than Man Utd this summer, and make the quality gap even bigger. This season we had a negative net spend, so we will have both the money and the Champions League football to offer to our summer targets. After spending over Ł150 million in his first season with the Mancs, Maureen will need to spend even more in order to attract some quality players.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13007 on: April 19, 2017, 03:33:57 pm »
United manager Jose Mourinho says Juan Mata, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling remain unavailable, but Wayne Rooney (ankle) could be on the bench. 

BBC Radio Manchester's Bill Rice:

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho says French forward Anthony Martial needs to deliver what he wants from a United player if he wants to play more for the Reds.

He also said, in the pre-match news conference, how forward Marcus Rashford is a player he trusted to play even during his long time without a Premier League goal.

Mourinho also admitted he really doesn't know if qualifying for the Champions League will decide if Zlatan Ibrahimovic stays at the club next season, but refused to be drawn on if ending his career by winning the Europa League in Stockholm would be the perfect finish for the Swedish striker. He said it would be "beautiful" but "no more than that", and the "perfect finale to the season for the team".

Mourinho also says Wayne Rooney will be on the bench for the Europa League quarter-final second leg against Anderlecht if he had a positive training session on Wednesday.

He also says keeper Sergio Romero will start.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13008 on: April 19, 2017, 03:34:51 pm »
Martial should leave before it's too late. He's never going to flourish under Mourinho.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13009 on: April 19, 2017, 03:37:42 pm »
To be honest, I expect that we will improve more than Man Utd this summer, and make the quality gap even bigger. This season we had a negative net spend, so we will have both the money and the Champions League football to offer to our summer targets. After spending over Ł150 million in his first season with the Mancs, Maureen will need to spend even more in order to attract some quality players.

They'll spend obscene amounts of money again. Which will make it even more funnier if they fail to challenge for the title again.  :D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13010 on: April 19, 2017, 03:55:14 pm »

They'll spend obscene amounts of money again. Which will make it even more funnier if when they fail to challenge for the title again.  :D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13011 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:12 pm »
Any mention at all of the subtle handball by that snidey coward Herrera in the lead up to 1-0?, didn't think so

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13012 on: April 19, 2017, 10:42:08 pm »
They'll spend obscene amounts of money again. Which will make it even more funnier if they fail to challenge for the title again.  :D

Just a quick look at their Ł20+ million signings since Ferguson retired in 2013 ...

Marouane Fellaini - Ł27.5 million
Juan Mata - Ł37.1 million
Angel Di Maria - Ł59.7 million
Luke Shaw - Ł27 million
Ander Herrera - Ł29 million
Memphis Depay - Ł25 million
Anthony Martial - Ł35 million
Morgan Schneiderlin - Ł24 million
Eric Bailly - Ł30 million
Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Ł30 million
Paul Pogba - Ł89 million

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13013 on: April 19, 2017, 10:47:17 pm »
Their revenues are still huge, and they've got the lowest wages-per-turnover ratio in the league, so "disaster" is probably a bit strong.

That said, the longer they are out of the CL the harder it becomes to attract top players as they won't have the same financial freedom to throw money at the biggest players, and with so many other clubs in the same league doing well they certainly wouldn't be the no-brainer proposition for potential signings as they once were.
aston villa :lmao

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #13014 on: April 20, 2017, 03:12:01 am »
The inevitable disappointment is looming after Sunday's false dawn.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #13015 on: April 20, 2017, 06:52:15 am »
The next goal Martial scores (he's on 24 right now) will apparently trigger a Ł10m bonus payment to Monaco.

Would be funny if he scores that goal and then gets sold this summer  ;D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #13016 on: April 20, 2017, 08:02:22 am »
The next goal Martial scores (he's on 24 right now) will apparently trigger a Ł10m bonus payment to Monaco.

Probably wont play again?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13017 on: April 20, 2017, 08:28:21 am »

That was one of the clauses that they all thought was brilliant business at the time because if he achieved it it meant they had an outstanding player on their hands wasn't it?

I'm delighted that it's worked out so well for them!

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #13018 on: April 20, 2017, 08:48:40 am »
Any chance Anderlecht can knock these out tonight?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #13019 on: April 20, 2017, 08:55:39 am »
We can but hope ;)

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13020 on: April 20, 2017, 10:04:38 am »
Hope to god it happens. It would be hilarious having both Arsenal and United out of CL next season.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13021 on: April 20, 2017, 10:06:28 am »
Can't see Anderlecht scoring at their place, never mind winning.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #13022 on: April 20, 2017, 10:14:39 am »
Fun fact: Since the 1999/2000 season to the 2005/2006 one, Utd had only one knockout win in Europe.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #13023 on: April 20, 2017, 10:26:27 am »
I think they will cruise past Anderlecht judging by the first leg. They were woeful. United 1 or 2 nil.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #13024 on: April 20, 2017, 10:32:53 am »
Anderlecht have a big game v Bruges at the weekend which they need to win to edge closer to their first title since 13/14.

The manager has admitted he has one eye on that so they may not even be at full strength tonight.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13027 on: April 20, 2017, 11:56:49 am »
Jesus fair few on here buying into the the hype machine. Of course they can get beat tonight.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13028 on: April 20, 2017, 12:00:07 pm »
Anderlecht are a bum team (unsurprisingly with their small budget) and have done well to get this far. The Mancs are shit but elimination won't be happening tonight and knowing their luck Genk will probably knock out Celta!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13029 on: April 20, 2017, 12:00:10 pm »
Jesus fair few on here buying into the the hype machine.

So "buying into the hype machine" is to suggest they manage to win at home as massive favourites against an average side who it's likely might not even play their strongest side going by reports.  Ok then.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13030 on: April 20, 2017, 12:05:12 pm »
Jesus fair few on here buying into the the hype machine. Of course they can get beat tonight.

They are at home to a team from the Belgian league, they have the away goal. If people saying that Anderlecht have no chance are buying into hype. Those saying Anderlecht can win are surely living in cloud cuckoo land.

It works both ways!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13031 on: April 20, 2017, 01:49:34 pm »
Manchester Untied at home...a draw is possible. A nice 1-1, ET and a penalty defeat for them would do nicely.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #13033 on: April 20, 2017, 02:35:59 pm »
Manchester Untied at home...a draw is possible. A nice 1-1, ET and a penalty defeat for them would do nicely.

I think i'd rather they draw 11, go through ET and then get through. Nice long game for them ahead of Burnley away at the weekend and leave them with a few extra games to play this season (obviously before a crushing 5 0 defeat in the final)
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13034 on: April 20, 2017, 03:03:28 pm »
I think i'd rather they draw 11, go through ET and then get through. Nice long game for them ahead of Burnley away at the weekend and leave them with a few extra games to play this season (obviously before a crushing 5 0 defeat in the final)

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #13035 on: April 20, 2017, 03:28:21 pm »
That won't actually happen because if i'm watching the game and it goes to pens, I will be wanting them to lose but i'm more arsed about us getting top 4 than them in the Europa League and the longer they stay in, the harder it is for them especially with the fixtures they have coming up
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13036 on: April 20, 2017, 03:44:42 pm »
That won't actually happen because if i'm watching the game and it goes to pens, I will be wanting them to lose but i'm more arsed about us getting top 4 than them in the Europa League and the longer they stay in, the harder it is for them especially with the fixtures they have coming up

The sooner they're out, the better. One less chance of CL football for them. Their remaining fixtures will be tough enough to get maximum points from, with or without European football in my opinion. So I don't want them getting to any final. Because there is a chance they'll win it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:46:24 pm by Lycan »

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13037 on: April 20, 2017, 03:55:14 pm »
Think ajax can do them over 2 legs,  celta vigo bit weak at the back? but over 1 game in the final  i dont think they would be blasting any team away, so even if they get the final they still got around 40 percent chance of losing.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13038 on: April 20, 2017, 03:56:55 pm »
Think ajax can do them over 2 legs,  celta vigo bit weak at the back? but over 1 game in the final  i dont think they would be blasting any team away, so even if they get the final they still got around 40 percent chance of losing.

Let them get there first.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #13039 on: April 20, 2017, 04:17:02 pm »
This cup is there on a plate for United really....

Anything can happen on the day n all that but I'd have certainly taken their scenario last year over the one we got 100/100 times!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.