Author Topic: Lampard named Derby Manager  (Read 22173 times)

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: Lampard named Derby Manager
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2018, 10:02:34 am »
Picking up the right kind of players is one thing (loan or otherwise), getting them to play that way is another. Credit to him.

How has he implemented it? Apparently you can only do so with previous coaching experience.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2018, 10:15:01 am »
How has he implemented it? Apparently you can only do so with previous coaching experience.

I'm not suggesting he'll go on to greater things, but maybe he just has a natural talent for it at that level, a good eye for what's needed which combined with a bit of good fortune means his star is currently rising.

Coaching qualifications don't necessarily indicate an aptitude for the job as both Gary and Phil Neville had coaching qualifications but seemed totally inept when it came to putting them into practice, and that's to put it mildly.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2018, 10:17:37 am »
With Wislon these should be our second team to watch, thoroughly enjoyed that game against United, he brought the game to them instead of doing what 99% of Championship team would and sit back and hope to catch them on the break.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2018, 10:21:37 am »
Strange, they looked better coached than United...

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2018, 11:17:52 am »
I actually started to like him, maybe Harry Wilson being there helps. Hope they get promoted but still very inconsistent in the league though.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2018, 12:15:15 pm »

Don't be bitter, Kals :D Read back - my complaint was against the system, not Lampard. Being that I was once in the system and saw all of what I was talking about happening right in front of my face.

On the other hand - here's someone who knows what's what:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45643274
Better looking than Samie.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2018, 12:19:34 pm »
I actually started to like him, maybe Harry Wilson being there helps. Hope they get promoted but still very inconsistent in the league though.

Besides playing for Chelsea he’s never done anything to make me hate him. Always pretty well spoken and he’s started off well. Be interesting to see if he can maintain this though and what will happen when Derby approach the end of the season as don’t they have a tendency to bottle it?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2018, 01:40:54 pm »
I'm not suggesting he'll go on to greater things, but maybe he just has a natural talent for it at that level, a good eye for what's needed which combined with a bit of good fortune means his star is currently rising.

Coaching qualifications don't necessarily indicate an aptitude for the job as both Gary and Phil Neville had coaching qualifications but seemed totally inept when it came to putting them into practice, and that's to put it mildly.
Also could be helped by his coaching staff being good, like Jody Morris who'd spent a fair bit of time coaching at Chelsea's academy 

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2018, 01:56:23 pm »
Despite playing for Chelsea and scoring goals against us I never hated him or disliked.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2018, 02:27:52 pm »
Despite playing for Chelsea and scoring goals against us I never hated him or disliked.
Let's accept that we all called him Fat Frank at one point of our lives ;D

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2018, 02:27:55 pm »
Apparently, he's a decent fella.  Always comes across well on TV.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2018, 02:28:40 pm »
Think the only time his name was mud was when he did Alonso

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2018, 02:41:17 pm »

I sure did  :D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2018, 02:54:04 pm »
can remember him getting that chanted in one of the CL games by the kop and took it in good humour

Also could be helped by his coaching staff being good, like Jody Morris who'd spent a fair bit of time coaching at Chelsea's academy 
good managers tend to hire good people to make up for their deficiencies

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2018, 03:05:30 pm »
Don't mind him but he defo voted Tory and Brexit

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2018, 05:06:42 pm »

For a number of years, yes.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2018, 05:09:31 pm »

mine was more of a Fat Fwank

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2018, 05:22:35 pm »
Think the only time his name was mud was when he did Alonso

Yeah, but that was only mud here. Early in his career he managed to upset half the world back in 2001 ...

Chelsea four fined for drunken abuse

By Alec Marsh

12:01AM BST 23 Sep 2001

FOUR Chelsea footballers have been fined by their club for drunkenly abusing grieving Americans at a Heathrow hotel 24 hours after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon.

The incident occurred after the club's UEFA Cup match against Levski Sofia of Bulgaria was postponed as a mark of respect for the thousands killed in the bombing of the World Trade Centre and Pentagon.

Some team members went on a five-hour drinking binge - culminating in their stripping naked and vomiting in public. The players, who were said to have been ejected from the third pub they had visited, shouted, laughed, threw peanuts and reportedly abused other guests.

Many of the guests were Americans whose planes were grounded following the terrorist attacks two weeks ago.

Following complaints, the players have been fined two weeks' wages for the incident, which took place the day after the attack on September 11th.

The players involved, including the England Under-21 stars Frank Lampard, Jody Morris and John Terry, were said to have sneered and laughed at grieving relatives in the Posthouse hotel. Eidur Gudjohnsen, the 23-year-old Iceland international, was also involved in the drinking session and has been fined.

The players have been fined two weeks' wages for the incident, believed to be a total of £130,000. Gwyn Williams, the assistant manager of Chelsea, confirmed this last night.

"They were read the riot act and told in no uncertain terms what was expected of them," he said. "They were fined two weeks' wages and their wages have been donated to the American victims' fund.

"They were told by Colin Hutchinson [the managing director of Chelsea] and Claudio Ranieri [the manager] that it was unacceptable behaviour." Two weeks' wages is the maximum amount a player can be fined by his club.

A manager at Heathrow's Post House hotel said: "They were utterly disgusting. They just didn't seem to care about what had happened.

He added: "We had a lot of Americans here and were simply trying to comfort them in their hour of need. Meanwhile these men were laughing and joking, taking off their clothes and abusing our guests."

One witness said: "One of them was walking around laughing with everything hanging out out while on TV there were crying firemen searching for bodies. It was sick."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1341356/Chelsea-four-fined-for-drunken-abuse.html

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2018, 05:25:28 pm »
That was stupid and gross. It was also seventeen years ago, and there have been no incidents with him since, as far as I know.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #179 on: September 26, 2018, 05:32:14 pm »
That was stupid and gross. It was also seventeen years ago, and there have been no incidents with him since, as far as I know.

Stopped hanging around with John Terry I expect.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2018, 06:02:04 pm »

Fucking fat c*nt I called him when he broke Xabis ankle. To my shame, my Ma heard me on the telly, when the pitchside mike picked it up.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2018, 07:22:24 pm »
Fucking fat c*nt I called him when he broke Xabis ankle. To my shame, my Ma heard me on the telly, when the pitchside mike picked it up.

Fucking hell, I think I remember you saying something about that on these boards at the time, no?!  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2018, 07:42:15 pm »
Weird, I remember Terry and Morris being involved in that but not Lampard.

I think he did some Sun ads at some point.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2018, 08:09:07 pm »
Fucking hell, I think I remember you saying something about that on these boards at the time, no?!  :D

Yep ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2018, 08:14:29 pm »
https://youtu.be/P_to0ILJCQk

4.05 in, to be fair he doesn’t dodge the question or skirt round the issue

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2019, 01:42:42 pm »
They’ve caught a member of Leeds staff spying on their training session.  ;D

https://t.co/Lz23UJnzQJ?amp=1

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2019, 04:36:50 pm »
They’ve caught a member of Leeds staff spying on their training session.  ;D

https://t.co/Lz23UJnzQJ?amp=1

Nothing to see here

Jonny Sharples @JonnyGabriel

"Our friends had been suggesting for a long time that we visit this wonderful city. There's the famous Derby County training ground, famous not only in Europe but in the whole world."

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2019, 07:14:20 pm »
Don't get what the big deal with this is? Reckon most clubs do it to be honest

Sky loving it in the buildup- easier to dramatise something than actually focus on the game.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2019, 08:15:30 pm »

Sky loving it in the buildup- easier to dramatise something than actually focus on the game.

Didn't Rodgers have the fences made higher at Melwood to stop spying?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2019, 08:24:30 pm »
Didn't Rodgers have the fences made higher at Melwood to stop spying?

No. It was getting drafty and the draft was going up Pascoe's Speedos
Better looking than Samie.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2019, 08:27:20 pm »
Xabi that's an amazing post  ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2019, 08:32:48 pm »
Nothing to see here

Bielsa's admitted it, which is quite refreshing.

Bielsa added in an interview with Sky Sports: "Yesterday I talked to Frank Lampard and he told me I didn't respect the fair play rules.

"I have a different point of view but the important thing is what Frank Lampard and Derby County think. I didn't ask permission from Leeds United to do it so it's my responsibility.

"Without trying to find a justification, I've been using this kind of practice since the qualifications for the World Cup with Argentina."

Flies in the face of the traditional 'British fair play' mindset but quite funny actually.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2019, 10:01:42 pm »
No. It was getting drafty and the draft was going up Pascoe's my Speedos
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2019, 12:24:37 am »
He cut a hole in the fence! :lmao
a person was arrested on Thursday for cutting a hole in the fence and spy Derby's final prematch training session.

"It's not that I don't understand the situation. If in English football, this isn't acceptable behaviour, I have to accept it because I work here. For me it's hard to accept that my behaviour was unacceptable," Bielsa told Sky Sports after the match. "I have to accept that in this country it's not something that is common, but it doesn't make me a person who cheats."
I love his comment, straight out of the Trump playbook: He cheated but that doesn't make him a cheater. :lmao
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2019, 12:58:53 am »
That's platinum level shithousery from Bielsa there, top top work.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2019, 07:41:36 am »
He cut a hole in the fence! :lmaoI love his comment, straight out of the Trump playbook: He cheated but that doesn't make him a cheater. :lmao

Where's the source for that? I thought there wasn't an arrest. Basically, because he hadn't done anything illegal. Cutting the fence would be criminal damage.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:47:11 am by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2019, 07:49:55 am »
Straight out of Don Revie league of industrial espionage[well apart from the getting caught bit ;)], bit daft as, as it turned out, they didn't need to spy on Derby. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2019, 07:50:44 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/11/leeds-spy-row-marcelo-bielsa-blame-derby-frank-lampard

Police confirmed officers were called to the training ground and a man was spoken to at the perimeter fence. No arrest was made. A statement read: “Officers conducted routine checks which were all above board. Despite media reports, no damage to the fence was found and the man was stopped outside the grounds. No arrests were made and the man was sent on his way.”
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2019, 09:59:47 am »
This is brilliant :lmao
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2019, 10:35:41 am »
Bielsa is off his head. Will be funny seeing him do this to Burnley or someone next season.