Author Topic: Liverpool FC - stuff about the less well known men in the suits  (Read 27041 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Game changers: Liverpool FC

Liverpool Football Club CEO Peter Moore on how to keep fans tuned into the world's favourite sport at a time when video games are luring away fans

Ninety minutes is a long time for a millennial male to sit down on a couch,” Liverpool Football Club CEO Peter Moore tells an auditorium full of visibly horrified football professionals. “When I look at viewing and attendance figures of millennial males, I’m concerned as a CEO of a football club that relies on the next generation of fans coming through.”

Despite being chief executive of one of England’s most storied and beloved clubs – and one that currently sits atop the Premier League standings – Moore’s concerns don’t come in the form of rival teams, injured players or losses on the pitch. What keeps him up at night, he says, is Fortnite, the $15bn a year, free-to-play video game taking the world by storm.

“If we don’t build technological prowess as a club we will lose them [young fans],” he adds, with a slight hint of alarm in his voice. “There’s so much pressure on time now and only 24 hours in a day, [and] there are only so many hours to play Fortnite.”

This battle for young people’s attention, fought on the TV screens and electronic devices of youth around the world, is just as important as any match against the likes of Manchester City, Tottenham, Chelsea or Arsenal, says 64-year-old Moore.

A Silicon Valley approach to Anfield
Moore’s unlikely route to his current position as the club’s CEO has given him the expertise on the addiction-like hold of electronic entertainment on the minds of today’s young people. He was born and bred in Liverpool, the son of a nurse mother and a father who made a living as a freight worker. After two decades at sports footwear and apparel company Reebok, Moore took a job at the Japanese video game firm Sega and eventually rose to be president and chief operating officer of Sega of America. After that came stints as corporate vice president of Microsoft’s interactive entertainment division and as head of Electronic Arts’ sports division. In February 2017, he came home to Merseyside.

It is this background, Moore says, that is guiding his approach at Liverpool. “We are an industry that needs to harness technology to make sure we don’t miss an entire generation of young people growing up that don’t have that love for football,” he says. “We need to package content in bites of 60 to 90 seconds to keep their engagement.”

So far, Moore’s efforts have paid off: the club surpassed the 10 million-follower mark on Instagram in October (it has now reached 11.6 million), the same month that it received the most total interactions in world sport, surpassing both Barcelona and Manchester United. Additionally, the club had the highest YouTube viewing figures in the Premier League, and remains the most followed UK account on the global video platform. It ranks fourth in world football.

Success on the digital pitch, Moore explains, can be measured by examining the relationship between a fan’s ‘cost of acquisition’ and lifetime value. “What does it cost me to go get you? I want your name, your gender, your e-mail address. If I can get your credit card number, that’s a huge plus. What does that cost?” he says. “And then, what are you worth to me as a fan [in terms of] lifetime value?”

A fan’s lifetime value, he goes on to explain, comes through a variety of different streams. Fans might buy team apparel through e-commerce platforms, subscribe to the club’s on-demand video service, LFCTV GO, or better yet, head to Liverpool to see the Reds play at Anfield.

Moore, whose accent sounds perhaps more Californian than Scouser after years of living abroad, adds that the club’s approach to digital outreach rests on a simple principle common to many businesses: know your customer. To this end, Liverpool is working with American multinational tech giant IBM to optimise websites, build global apps and generate content that is timely and relevant to individual consumers.

“That’s something I learned in video games. I can push you all kinds of stuff on particular players, but if you’re only interested in [striker] Mohamed Salah, and I don’t know that, my outreach is wasted,” he says. “You might like [midfielder] Gini Wijnaldum. The more we learn about you, the more we can push Gini Wijnaldum stuff that you’ll click or engage. The key is that I need to know who you are.”

The Mo Salah effect
In the Middle East, Moore’s digital outreach efforts received a welcome boost in the form of Mohamed Salah, the prolific 26-year-old Egyptian striker who transferred to Liverpool from AS Roma in 2017.

“The moment we signed Mohamed, straight away we looked at our social media platforms and you could look at IP addresses and immediately see [a spike in followers], in particular from Egypt,” he recalls, smiling at the thought.

“But there is a pan-Arabian pride from all people in the Middle East, regardless of whether you are Egyptian. We saw Jordan, and we obviously saw the UAE. It breaks down some of the barriers in this region when it’s an Arab player that is playing, and not only playing, but arguably one of the best players in the world and scoring goals for fun.”

Salah, Moore adds, has quickly become a fan favourite on the club’s social media channels, largely due to the often-humorous posts illustrating his relationship with Liverpool centre back and Croatia international Dejan Lovren.

As an example of the boost that this relationship – which Moore laughingly compares to the 1970s TV series ‘The Odd Couple’ – he points to a recent post from Lovren in which the Egyptian wished Lovren a happy new year, only to sheepishly confess that he was only reaching out to find out what time training was scheduled for the following day.

“Their ability to share their ‘bromance’ is hilarious. They publish texts from one another on their social media platforms and get millions of views,” he says. “This is the kind of ongoing sitcom that the fans love, in the millions of people.”

Liverpool first
Despite the global appeal of the club and Moore’s efforts to reach and create fans abroad, the city of Liverpool remains at the heart of what the club does. Every decision he takes is taken with the city’s best interests at heart, Moore says. Under his leadership, the club’s ‘Red Neighbours’ outreach programme placed 152,000 local children in community programmes during the 2017/2018 season. It served 450 free Christmas lunches for pensioners, donated 1,100 free tickets to children and did a host of other good deeds.

As Moore sees it, the local fans form part of the club’s unique selling point compared to other teams, and boost the club’s appeal to the international fans he hopes to attract. “We trade on our local fans. We trade on ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’,” he says, referring to the 1963 song from the Liverpool group Gerry and the Pacemakers, which masses of Reds fans sing during matches. “The atmosphere is generated by local fans…the massive majority [of people at games] are local people.”

Moore adds that local people are “advantaged”, with fans living in certain postal codes offered tickets on priority, and at bargain prices as low as £9 ($11.60). “We wish we could do more,” he remarks. “We have this hugely positive problem that demand for tickets far outweighs our ability to put everyone in the stadium that wants to be there. Not every club has that problem. It’s a high-class problem to have.”

It is local people – whether they are supporters or not –  who will benefit from Moore’s digital outreach in the event that international fans take the plunge by buying a ticket to Liverpool and watch a game in person.

“That’s huge, not only for Liverpool Football Club, but for the city. We have thousands of people who fly in from all over the world to watch Liverpool play, and that has a positive economic impact on the city,” he says. “Liverpool still has socio-economic challenges. So if we can bring fans, both local and global, into the city, there’s a value. Technology powers that… it’s not cheap, [but] it is a long-term investment.”

A ‘priceless’ win
At the time of writing, Liverpool stands in first position in the Premier League standings, four points ahead of Manchester City despite losing 2-1 to the reigning champions on December 4. Although many analysts have predicted that the 2018/2019 season may end with Liverpool winning the Premier League for the first time, Moore is surprisingly nonchalant about the economic benefit that will have for the organisation, saying he “isn’t sure” what a victory would mean in monetary terms.

“It goes back to long-term value. I know from a media or distribution value what happens when you come first, but I don’t know [the immediate impact] and we don’t think about that,” he notes. “You don’t think about this as a £5m ($6.4m) cheque that you may get for winning the Premier League. You think long-term, that we can finally put a Premier League logo on the walls of Anfield to go with the 18 First Division championships and five European Cup championships we’ve won. In five or 10 years’ time, should that happen, we’ll look back on this moment.”

To illustrate the difficult-to-measure potential boost to the Liverpool brand, Moore points back to Liverpool’s 2005 Champions League victory in which the team defeated AC Milan in penalty kicks after coming from behind to draw 3-3 in regular time.

“I don’t know what cheque UEFA [the Union of European Football Association] wrote for winning that night. It doesn’t matter,” he says, proudly. “The memories that created and the brand enhancement of being down 3-nil to arguably the best club team in the world at that moment and then coming back to win was priceless.”

Not for sale
While CEO Peter Moore is unequivocal in saying that Liverpool is not for sale, he says that the club remains open to offers from groups or individuals interested in acquiring a minority stake. “[The club] is not discourteous enough to discount people who say they are interested,” he notes. “The club has made it very clear that if the right partner is interested in a minority stake, they would consider that.”

In late August 2018, it was reported that Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) turned down a $2.6bn takeover bid from a cousin of Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour, Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. At the time, Britain’s Press Association said it understood that the offer – one of a number of approaches FSG has received in recent years – did not go further than the vetting stage because it was deemed to be neither credible nor worthy of being put to the ownership.

Looking for partners
According to Moore, Liverpool will be “entertaining offers” from kit suppliers after its current relationship with American company New Balance ends at the 2019/2020 season, a deal that is reportedly worth $57.8m each year. The expected value of the new partnership is expected to be aligned with other top UK clubs at around $96.3m.

“It’s an important part of our overall commercial make-up, not only for the revenue it brings, but live-and-die soccer fans [care] about their kit manufacturer and designs as part of how they show themselves as fans,” he says. “We think we are uniquely placed right now to build upon what we already have with New Balance… we think it’s a great opportunity to build on our global distribution.”

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/sport/411651-liverpool-fc-game-changers

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:13:54 pm by royhendo »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Game changers: Liverpool FC - interview with CEO Peter Moore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 03:30:29 pm »
Thanks for posting that, soxfan, it's a good read.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:07:27 pm »
I'm guessing the push to include more and more clips on social media with goals etc has come from Moore's wish to reach out to the millennials. Previously the clips would just be goals from yesterday, but now them seem to be showing them from recent games, trying to actively market us to the younger audiences.

It's good to know that Moore is aware of these things and hopefully it will leave us well placed to further increase our revenues so that we can keep investing in the team. Not so sure on whether the bit about locals is as rosy as he paints it but I haven't kept up to date with issues around tickets etc for a while.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 05:11:38 pm »
This will be an interesting debate.  Was football invented in 1992?

“It goes back to long-term value. I know from a media or distribution value what happens when you come first, but I don’t know [the immediate impact] and we don’t think about that,” he notes. “You don’t think about this as a £5m ($6.4m) cheque that you may get for winning the Premier League. You think long-term, that we can finally put a premier League logo on the walls of Anfield to go with the 18 First Division championships and five European Cup championships we’ve won. In five or 10 years’ time, should that happen, we’ll look back on this moment.”

What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 05:15:20 pm »
At least we now have a CEO who is at the sharp end of the business.

The club structure seems to be working well and long may it continue.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 05:43:34 pm »
“That’s huge, not only for Liverpool Football Club, but for the city. We have thousands of people who fly in from all over the world to watch Liverpool play, and that has a positive economic impact on the city,” he says. “Liverpool still has socio-economic challenges. So if we can bring fans, both local and global, into the city, there’s a value. Technology powers that… it’s not cheap, [but] it is a long-term investment.”

pffffft - Everton says you don't want or need global supporters

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 04:36:45 am »
One thing that is readily noticeable about the club since Moore's appointment is the clear distinction between football and commercial operations. Seems a refreshing change from life under Parry, Cecil, and Ayre.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 07:36:29 am »
This will be an interesting debate.  Was football invented in 1992?

There’s nothing wrong with what he’s said. The trophy changed in 1992 hence his statement about the different logo, it’s not like he hasn’t mentioned the 18 First Division trophies.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 08:29:14 am »
pffffft - Everton says you don't want or need global supporters

Or a business savvy CEO.

But they do have SteveO and The Esk for financial advice.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 09:11:47 am »
There’s nothing wrong with what he’s said. The trophy changed in 1992 hence his statement about the different logo, it’s not like he hasn’t mentioned the 18 First Division trophies.

Oh no, thats not what i was getting at. Purely from a fans perspective will it be No 19 or No 1?
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 09:30:08 am »
It'll be 19 but it'll be a different trophy hence having a different shape on the wall. It's a top division league title at the end of the day, it just went through a rebrand

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 09:31:58 am »
Oh no, thats not what i was getting at. Purely from a fans perspective will it be No 19 or No 1?

no.19 obvs!!! The league was rebranded but history isn’t forgotten because a bunch of suits decided to rebrand the top flight

Offline AhmedAlonso14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 11:01:51 am »
It might help though if they correctly identified the target audience. It's not millenials playing fortnite, its Generation Z.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 11:04:55 am »
Jlingz says differently.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 11:20:44 am »
Wtf is a fortnite. Will a 30+ person like it.

Moore looks well ahead of the game in terms of anything out there in football. Things he is focusing on if we can implement, we will be far ahead of the curve in 5 years time. Hope we can ride the digital eyeball train to market success and on field success.

Come on you marketing reds!
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 11:27:01 am »
it's interesting he mentions Mo and the effect Social Media can have and how important it can be for the club and now Mo has left social media.

would be interesting to see a follow up question to him on this.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 12:35:13 pm »
Interesting article posted on LFC Reddit about Si.Com showing recorded Liverpool games for the next season and a half for a small subscription.

We're the only European club with this, looks like Moore is really getting our profile in the States really high.

Here's a snippet of said article.

Sports Illustrated plans to show full Liverpool soccer matches on its subscription streaming channel. But in a unique arrangement, these games won’t be available live.

Under the terms of a new deal between Meredith-owned Sports Illustrated and Liverpool Football Club, SI TV will begin airing a new weekly three-hour programming block for Liverpool content. This will include full Liverpool matches across all of the leagues and tournaments the club participates in, including the Premier League, Champions League, the FA and League Cups, as well as classic Liverpool matches and exhibition matches.

https://digiday.com/media/sports-illustrateds-ott-channel-will-stream-full-liverpool-fc-matches-demand/?fbclid=IwAR1w38iMJ8s2wNB61liFZkiFX-klEG9UY-6n1KgxdHdGYWMS1IPu4uLnZnw
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 01:31:08 pm »
it's interesting he mentions Mo and the effect Social Media can have and how important it can be for the club and now Mo has left social media.

would be interesting to see a follow up question to him on this.

well kick me in the a%% and call me Sally!

Good ol' Mo is back with a bang! with him opening a box for DHL - I say a nice paycheck being delivered to his door too for that!

clever marketing

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 01:40:40 pm »
Yes, that definitely grabbed the attention of the whole football world, Salah going off all platforms and then coming back again with a DHL box in hand.
Genius marketing really.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 01:42:54 pm »
Lovren's comment on Salah's pic was hilarious ''welcome back to the fake world''

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 07:37:51 pm »

Every time I see something about marketing I always think of Bill. This is not a dig by the way, just an enjoyable memory.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tHEOGrkhDp0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tHEOGrkhDp0</a>
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 01:48:40 am »
It'll be 19 but it'll be a different trophy hence having a different shape on the wall. It's a top division league title at the end of the day, it just went through a rebrand

Shouldn't 15 and 16 be in a different shape?
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
LFC's commercial director to leave the club
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 03:44:28 pm »
From the official site: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/356662-lfc-s-commercial-director-to-leave-club

Liverpool FC today confirmed its commercial director, Olly Dale, has decided to leave the club after eight years.

Dale, who joined Liverpool from Fenway Sports Management, the marketing arm of Fenway Sports Group, has played a pivotal role in helping to turn around the club’s commercial and partnership business.

He was responsible for expanding Liverpool’s sponsorship portfolio including partnerships across training kit and shirt sleeves, renewals with key long-standing partners, helping to lead pre-season tour events and expanding the club’s soccer schools business.
Billy Hogan, managing director and chief commercial officer at Liverpool FC, said: “Olly has been an invaluable leader of the club for the past eight years and we will be sorry to see him go.

“He has been instrumental in transforming the commercial and partnerships department during that time, not only by virtue of significantly growing our revenues but also by establishing and building terrific relationships with world-class brands who are now part of the Liverpool family.

“His leadership qualities are outstanding and he has worked tirelessly as part of the team who helped turn the club around from the time he joined just after the FSG acquisition. We will miss Olly both professionally and personally and we wish him well in what will be a bright future.”

Mike Gordon, president and owner of Fenway Sports Group, added: “Olly has been a key member of the commercial side of the club since he joined FSG in 2011. His efforts have led to significant growth in our commercial revenues during his tenure at LFC.

“While we are very sorry to see him go, I have no doubt he will do a fantastic job leading other commercial businesses in the future and we wish him well.”

Olly Dale said: “It has been a privilege to represent this great club during a time of such incredible revival. Under the stewardship of FSG the club has returned to the very top of European football and the commercial business has been transformed thanks to the phenomenal work of the club’s staff, support from loyal partners and passionate energy from fans.

“I’d like to thank everyone for their help on this amazing journey: John, Tom and Mike for their outstanding stewardship, Peter and Billy for their support and encouragement and my terrific colleagues and partners.”
Hopefully the club has someone lined up to replace him - with the team's two CL final appearances, winning number 6 and finishing so close to the league title last season, I'd have thought we'd be looking to quite significantly increase our commercial income.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 02:08:51 pm »
Liverpool appoints former Manchester United man Scammell as commercial director

Newly-crowned Premier League champion Liverpool has announced the appointment of Matt Scammell as its new commercial director.

Scammell arrives at Liverpool having spent nine years with the club’s fierce rival Manchester United in various commercial roles.

He joined the Red Devils in 2011 as sales director, progressing to become the club’s head of global sponsorship sales in 2017 before leaving in February of this year.

At Liverpool, he will focus on the continued expansion of the club’s portfolio of commercial partnerships, at a time when its fortunes are on the rise following two years of on-pitch success. He will report directly to Billy Hogan, Liverpool’s managing director and chief commercial officer.

On Scammell’s appointment, Hogan said: “We’re very pleased to welcome Matt to the club, his vast experience and expertise will undoubtedly continue to drive our commercial partnerships business in the right direction – I look forward to working closely with him.”

Scammell himself added: “I’m delighted to be joining Liverpool at what is a really important time for the teams both on and off the pitch. I’m looking forward to using my experience across sport and technology to enhance the great work already being done at the club.”

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/liverpool-appoints-former-manchester-united-man-scammell-as-commercial-director/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 02:10:35 pm »
Interesting appointment that..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 02:34:01 pm »
#announce_official_noodle_partnership_for_east_asian_region

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2020, 02:41:13 pm »
Where's our Tractor money Scammell?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2020, 04:37:06 pm »
Liverpool appoints former Manchester United man Scammell as commercial director

Newly-crowned Premier League champion Liverpool has announced the appointment of Matt Scammell as its new commercial director.

Scammell arrives at Liverpool having spent nine years with the club’s fierce rival Manchester United in various commercial roles.

He joined the Red Devils in 2011 as sales director, progressing to become the club’s head of global sponsorship sales in 2017 before leaving in February of this year.

At Liverpool, he will focus on the continued expansion of the club’s portfolio of commercial partnerships, at a time when its fortunes are on the rise following two years of on-pitch success. He will report directly to Billy Hogan, Liverpool’s managing director and chief commercial officer.

On Scammell’s appointment, Hogan said: “We’re very pleased to welcome Matt to the club, his vast experience and expertise will undoubtedly continue to drive our commercial partnerships business in the right direction – I look forward to working closely with him.”

Scammell himself added: “I’m delighted to be joining Liverpool at what is a really important time for the teams both on and off the pitch. I’m looking forward to using my experience across sport and technology to enhance the great work already being done at the club.”

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/liverpool-appoints-former-manchester-united-man-scammell-as-commercial-director/
Have we checked to see if he has the passwords to their scouting systems?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Liverpool FC - stuff about the less well known men in the suits
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2020, 05:45:22 pm »
First direct signing since Phil Chisball. Heinze must be pissed we pushed this one through.

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2020, 02:10:15 am »
I can imagine why this appointment was made, but I do feel a little uneasy about letting the barbarians inside the tent. And those at Old Trafford must be feeling bit uncomfortable about now. No, I am sure everyone will conduct themselves very professionally.  8)

By the way, this is a great thread. Thanks for starting it, Soxfan.  :)

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2020, 02:45:57 am »
I spent 5 minutes reading the OP only to realise it's from 2019. ;D

Regarding the new appointment, I first read it as "Commercial director - Manchester City" and immediately thought, "That can't be good, the fucker didn't have to work for sponsorships at Abu Dhabi FC". Then I reread and saw United and that made me feel a lot better.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2020, 09:55:07 am »
Have we checked to see if he has the passwords to their scouting systems?

Woah there. Not sure if we want access to them !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2020, 10:01:26 am »
I doubt there's much you could learn from Man United's "scouting systems" that you couldn't glean from watching Match of the Day.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2020, 05:53:36 pm »
Woah there. Not sure if we want access to them !
I doubt there's much you could learn from Man United's "scouting systems" that you couldn't glean from watching Match of the Day.

No. Probably be a good laugh though, seeing the technology that led them to sign Harry Maguire and Fred
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2020, 06:22:03 pm »
First time I've read that article on Peter Moore.

The bit about Salah is interesting in terms of Arabic countries and the spike in social media engagement, must have been true for Minamino and Japan. It does make me wonder why we didn't go for Pulisic a bit harder given the American underbelly at an executive level and market to target.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2020, 06:38:30 pm »
Double agents make reassuring statements like this all the time.

His laptop bag is likely full of miniature cameras and microphones. >:(
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2020, 09:06:23 am »
Peter Moore stepping down in August, with Billy Hogan taking over.

What’s gone on there then?
AHA!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2020, 09:08:16 am »
Weird. His contract just isn't being renewed. Some cost cutting perhaps?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2020, 09:08:49 am »
Sounds like they’ve chosen not renew his contract and his current one is up. Seems a bit odd on the face of it.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2020, 09:09:35 am »
Just seems to be a simple case that he was only there on a 3 year contract and was going back to the US once it ended. Maybe FSG felt Billy Hogan wasn't ready 3 years ago and have used this time for Moores to mentor him as well.