The Liverpool FC Forum > Fan Welfare & Campaigns

Shirt Signing for a friend

(1/1)

RichardM:
Hi all,

We recently had a colleague at work pass away very unexpectedly. He was a huge red, and I wanted to get a shirt with his name on framed and hung up in the department as a tribute. As a starry eyed dream I contacted the club to see if there was any way of getting some signatures on the shirt before I framed it. They replied, and somewhat understandably rejected my response due to the sheer amount of signing requests they get (I'm sure it must be thousands).

As a last ditch before I give in I thought I'd post on here with all you knowledgeable lot to see if anyone had any ideas? I'm not getting my hopes up and I know it's an awful long shot but I thought I owed to him to give it a try.

Thanks.

El Lobo:
Daft as fuck suggestion but my ex used to work in a hotel where all the football teams stayed for a game (in Leicester) and the staff manage to get a lot of signatures so I dunno, if you're lucky enough to know anyone in a specific hotel....?

RichardM:
That's a good idea, I'm not hopeful and to be honest one of my colleagues suggested we all sign it instead which in hindsight I think may be more sentimental anyway.

His funeral was today, this was on his coffin, as You'll Never Walk Alone played him out. Emotional to say the least...

El Lobo:
That looks class, bet he'd have loved that

stoz:
One piece of advice I would give you, is don't even think about trying to buy one off some random seller on ebay, as 95% are fake (yet everyone who has a signed shirt will be adamant that there's is the real deal).

Current squad is very difficult to obtain, and anything genuine would come at a premium. What is the persons age group? A legends shirt from a particular era might suit?

PM me, and I'll give you some more guidance, and some 100% genuine sellers who I know well, and who have arranged signing sessions with the players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version